Kodi Community Forum
Aeon TAJO - Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Tajo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=296)
+---- Thread: Aeon TAJO - Leia (/showthread.php?tid=338895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Aeon TAJO - manfeed - 2019-12-22

(2019-12-22, 09:21)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote:
(2019-12-22, 02:47)manfeed Wrote: Ok, why not? I’ll have a look

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ua6cjgilpappg1/Kiye%20Sans.ttf?dl=0  
I guess I’m not an expert in fonts, so to make things clearer, if I used this font in the skin, I wouldn’t notice any change in latin alphabet but other languages would get their correct characters displayed, is that right?

RE: Aeon TAJO - Bl4ck-H34d - 2019-12-22

(2019-12-22, 15:51)manfeed Wrote:
(2019-12-22, 09:21)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote:
(2019-12-22, 02:47)manfeed Wrote: Ok, why not? I’ll have a look

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ua6cjgilpappg1/Kiye%20Sans.ttf?dl=0      
I guess I’m not an expert in fonts, so to make things clearer, if I used this font in the skin, I wouldn’t notice any change in latin alphabet but other languages would get their correct characters displayed, is that right?    
Latin alphabet should be perfect, I didnt notice any difference in appearance. As far as traditional Chinese is concerned, the same should be the case. At least in Netflix everything looks great and there I have latin and chinese mixed. (Latin alphabet uses your standard font for the skin, all the other alphabets use the Arial font from Kodis standard skin. My font is just that standard skins Arial font with replaced latin letters from the font you used in your skin)
I was informed by konon, that the greek alphabet will be mixed partially with bold and normal characters due to a minor mistake I made and not realized since I dont use this alphabet.
The good thing is, many more alphabets will be supported and shown, judging after my chinese experience, seamlessly without any clipping and have full support. The bad thing is that there are some bold characters in the greek font. I can not give you a guarantee that the other alphabets will look perfectly as I couldnt check them in action, but it will definitely be better to use this font since ppl can at least read everything and will not just see little empty square symbols instead of letters. The characters SHOULD at least have all a similar size to your skins font and not clip or break the layout (too much). Only for greek there will be a few bold characters mixed in normal text.

@Konon Would you be able to share the font with manfeed, after you edited it to optimize the greek alphabet? I think then there should be the same language support for all alphabets that were also supported by the original Kodi Skin, which is quite a lot actually.

RE: Aeon TAJO - manfeed - 2019-12-22

Ok, if @Konon could do that I wouldn’t mind to replace it. I know for sure he’s a master in fonts  Wink

What about The bold font.ttf? I use that mainly for titles... Does it show the titles well in other languages?

@manfeed I forgot to ask something:

Would it be possible to add the RetroPlayer-OSD menu to your skin? Not sure if it is a skin related problem, but whenever I try to open the OSD menu, nothing happens.
It works in Estuary and other skins, so I guess it is related to the skin. (There it flickers like crazy, reminding me of z-fighting in games, when two polygons are on the same depth, each trying to be displayed first)

Not sure if this is a lot of work or implemented quite quick. (The menu doesnt look complex concerning the style. It is mostly functional)

Example below: https://forum.kodi.tv/printthread.php?tid=315263&page=5

RE: Aeon TAJO - Konon - 2019-12-22

(2019-12-22, 17:05)manfeed Wrote: Ok, if @Konon could do that I wouldn’t mind to replace it. I know for sure he’s a master in fonts  Wink

What about The bold font.ttf? I use that mainly for titles... Does it show the titles well in other languages?
Thanks!
I will try, but there are some difficulties.
Unicode as a constructor, it collects the desired letter for any language from the available signs and symbols. Developers often create only the alphabet for their language, and the other symbols do not. For other languages, we need to know their alphabet and features of writing letters, well, or at least we need a tester (native speaker).

(2019-12-22, 17:05)manfeed Wrote: Ok, if @Konon could do that I wouldn’t mind to replace it. I know for sure he’s a master in fonts  Wink

Oh, the bold font I left as is, since Netflix Addon didnt use that one.
For that font it would be the same procedure as described a few posts ago. (FontForge)
But for Bold, you would have to find an Arial.ttf featuring bold text as well. Otherwise only the Latin alphabet will be bold, the rest I think was normal. I am not sure if bold alphabets for different languages were contained in the Arial.ttf used by Kodi standard skin. (I deleted the FontForge already, since I only needed it to do this quick fix. It is really easy, learned it through one youtube video in 20 minutes).

If you could implement the OSD Menu into the skin, I will try next week to create a bold font combination with the Arial.ttf (I will try to find a bold Arial or figure out how to do this) which you then can use in your skin.

@Konon Do you still have FontForge installed? Do you know if there was normal and bold for greek alphabet and the other alphabets like Chinese in there? I only looked at the western Alphabet part.

(2019-12-22, 19:45)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote: @Konon Do you still have FontForge installed? Do you know if there was normal and bold for greek alphabet and the other alphabets like Chinese in there? I only looked at the western Alphabet part. 
I use another program, link above.
I gave the Greek alphabet as an example. The letter styles will be mixed in those fonts where there are the same letters as Latin.

@Bl4ck-H34d All the same, your method is not entirely correct. You have embedded the Kiye Sans font in Arial and renamed it. In the Arial font, the distance between letters and lines is different from Kiye Sans, and since the skin was created for the Kiye Sans font, there may be problems with the alignment of the text.
Image Image
If you are satisfied with Arial in your language, then this method is suitable for you.

But in general I do not know, manfeed knows better which option is more suitable for his skin. To him to catch mistakes ... Smile

RE: Aeon TAJO - Bl4ck-H34d - 2019-12-23

(2019-12-22, 22:07)Konon Wrote: @Bl4ck-H34d All the same, your method is not entirely correct. You have embedded the Kiye Sans font in Arial and renamed it. In the Arial font, the distance between letters and lines is different from Kiye Sans, and since the skin was created for the Kiye Sans font, there may be problems with the alignment of the text.
ImageImage
If you are satisfied with Arial in your language, then this method is suitable for you.

But in general I do not know, manfeed knows better which option is more suitable for his skin. To him to catch mistakes ... Smile
Maybe I am not used to seeing cyrillic but I have a hard time spotting a difference between the two pictures.
Yes, many other languages will have Arial instead of Kiye Sans. But I even have to wonder, is there a Kiye Sans for every language? If not, discussing this is obsolete anyway as everybody has to embed their own favorite font that fits the skin perfectly.
For latin and Chinese it worked for me. If I need other languages, I will make sure to embed fonts that fit the skin into the file. Not sure if the extra work of finding fitting fonts is even worth it for some languages (how many tibetans, thais or indians are in this forum using this skin anyway?)

RE: Aeon TAJO - Asterra - 2019-12-23

I have a problem.  I made the mistake of using one of the "view" settings (ex: Wall, List, etc.).  Don't remember which one.  The presentation is an extremely simplified wall, basically.  The problem is that unlike the other "view" modes, this one gives the user no means of returning to the list to pick a different "view".  Meaning I'm stuck with it.  Because of course the only way to access that list is from within the movie browser (or TV browser; whichever one you want to make the change to).

Uninstalling the skin and reinstalling it, curiously, does not free me from this broken wall view (when the skin is reinstalled, it is simply defaulting to the broken view).  Nor does deleting skin.aeon.tajo\settings.xml or guisettings.xml.  Though I saw no setting in either of those xmls that was storing the "view" choices I had made for Movies, TV etc., so it's clear this data is being kept somewhere else.  I need to know where that is.  Because until I manually make a change to that setting, I literally cannot ever use Aeon Tajo again, outside perhaps of factory resetting my Nvidia Shield and praying doing so deletes whatever file is storing that critical information.

RE: Aeon TAJO - manfeed - 2019-12-23

(2019-12-23, 13:42)Asterra Wrote: I have a problem.  I made the mistake of using one of the "view" settings (ex: Wall, List, etc.).  Don't remember which one.  The presentation is an extremely simplified wall, basically.  The problem is that unlike the other "view" modes, this one gives the user no means of returning to the list to pick a different "view".  Meaning I'm stuck with it.  Because of course the only way to access that list is from within the movie browser (or TV browser; whichever one you want to make the change to).

Uninstalling the skin and reinstalling it, curiously, does not free me from this broken wall view (when the skin is reinstalled, it is simply defaulting to the broken view).  Nor does deleting skin.aeon.tajo\settings.xml or guisettings.xml.  Though I saw no setting in either of those xmls that was storing the "view" choices I had made for Movies, TV etc., so it's clear this data is being kept somewhere else.  I need to know where that is.  Because until I manually make a change to that setting, I literally cannot ever use Aeon Tajo again, outside perhaps of factory resetting my Nvidia Shield and praying doing so deletes whatever file is storing that critical information.
Sometimes things are easier than they look at the first sight...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338895&pid=2901661#pid2901661

RE: Aeon TAJO - Asterra - 2019-12-23

(2019-12-23, 13:54)manfeed Wrote: Sometimes things are easier than they look at the first sight...

Thanks, that did the trick.

Though I would have to judge that "easy" is the wrong word to use when dealing with an issue whose sheer lack of intuitiveness drove at least two different people to the forums to beg for a fix. I mean... in the end, it doesn't quite make sense that if you leave a movie selected for ten seconds, the button that should normally play the thing has now transformed into a button that brings up a hidden options menu. It's a sort of bizarre behavior.

More or less bizarre behavior than this one? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338895&pid=2907640#pid2907640

@Bl4ck-H34d @Konon 

I have made some research on the fonts topic and I have added an entire new fontset based in Arial Unicode font in order to deal with the big number of languages supported by Kodi. The new version is already available in Aeon Tajo github. Once installed that skin new version, to activate the new fontset go to: System/Interface/Skin/Fonts and there select Arial Unicode

RE: Aeon TAJO - Bl4ck-H34d - 2019-12-24

(2019-12-23, 22:51)manfeed Wrote: @Bl4ck-H34d @Konon 

I have made some research on the fonts topic and I have added an entire new fontset based in Arial Unicode font in order to deal with the big number of languages supported by Kodi. The new version is already available in Aeon Tajo github. Once installed that skin new version, to activate the new fontset go to: System/Interface/Skin/Fonts and there select Arial Unicode

You are awesome! Thank you!

Btw, any news concerning the OSD-Menu in the RetroPlayer? Is it skin related or is the RetroPlayer maybe generally broken?
I think normally one presses SELECT+Triangle on the controller to open this OSD-Menu while in RetroPlayer. In other skins it opens the InPlayer-Menü, but in your skin nothing happens. Is this a bug?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.