Kodi Community Forum
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Arctic: Zephyr 2 (/showthread.php?tid=339791)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - LeVvE - 2019-03-28

Is every file supposed to show as WEB-DL?
I ripped it myself so it's clearly not supposed to say WEB-DL, every other icon like H264/HEVC/DTS etc works.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Weavus - 2019-03-28

(2019-03-28, 18:43)LeVvE Wrote: Is every file supposed to show as WEB-DL?
I ripped it myself so it's clearly not supposed to say WEB-DL, every other icon like H264/HEVC/DTS etc works.

Check your file naming scheme for the correct icon to appear (i.e. make sure it has something like HDTV/DVD/BLURAY/WEBDL etc in it). I see a wide range of source formats listed and not just WEB-DL.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jondr13 - 2019-03-28

(2019-03-28, 19:07)Weavus Wrote:

Check your file naming scheme for the correct icon to appear (i.e. make sure it has something like HDTV/DVD/BLURAY/WEBDL etc in it). I see a wide range of source formats listed and not just WEB-DL. 
I can vouch this is same thing is happening to me as well!  I'm using TinyMedaManager to set up my movie and tv show files and ensured the "source" is entered correctly for each in TMM (UHD Bluray, Bluray, DVD, etc).  When the files are added to Kodi, every single one shows up as "WEB-DL".  I have submitted this in the TMM thread as well to see whats going on, since I'm guessing the "source" should be part of the NFO file.  Why Kodi is labeling it as WEB-DL??  Or does Kodi only recognize the "source" when labeled on the file itselfHuh 

Does the actual MKV file have to say "bluray", etc for the correct icon to show up?

(2019-03-28, 20:36)jondr13 Wrote: Does the actual MKV file have to say "bluray", etc for the correct icon to show up?
Yes.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Arokhaerr - 2019-03-28

(2019-03-28, 15:59)Weavus Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 15:43)Arokhaerr Wrote: @jurialmunkey
Would it be possible to set the highlight color of selected items in the skin to a specific color instead of just White? Under colors there is such a toggle but it only applies to system settings boxes from what I saw.

Changing the highlight colour works fine for me

On those boxes, yes. I was aking about the list views in for example pvr recordings and the epg.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Extarys - 2019-03-28

I bump this thread for a brief moment to say:
I installed v1 a moment ago and I love it! I'm so excited for this version ! Awesome work coders! <3

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Sjors125 - 2019-03-28

I think I've found a bug:

Under series, using the Media Info 2 lay-out, the series name is at the wrong position when Kodi has no year to display. The alignment of the series title should be the same as all other names, but instead, it is aligned to the left, together with all the years. This happens with 0.9.16 and 0.9.18. It also happens when browing movies with the Media Info 2 lay-out. Swapping the position of the list and media info has no effect.

0.9.16 series:

0.9.18 series:

0.9.18 Movies + media info/title list swap:

Also, is it possible to remove the little logo's? As series almost always have episodes in it, and often multiple seasons too, it does not really serve a purpose to have that little box or folder icon. (Or does the box mean that it is unwatched? As I see it with movies too) If possible, I would like to see an option, to toggle what icons I want to see. I.e. display only "in progress" and "sets" icons, or all icons, or just only new movies, etc.

(2019-03-28, 01:09)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 01:00)Weavus Wrote: @jurialmunkey Really finding the skin to be an excellent evolution over AZ1. It's amazing how fluid and well implemented if feels even though it's still in alpha and I'm excited to see how it develops over the next few months. Thanks again for the many hours of your spare time you must have poured into building this.

With that being said, I'll just leave this screenshot of the new ATV interface with edge cut-off widgets here

Please don't hate me Wink

I wouldn't mind if it was like this with the widgets cut-off by the screen edge (I do that in Aura!). The issue with AZ2 is that there is padding between the widget and screen edge, and having the cut-off floating is really ugly.

Like I said before, there needs to be padding between screen edge and widgets because that is where notifications and codec info show.
Kodi skinning engine doesn't provide any control over positioning of lists (i.e. widgets) inside a grouplist (i.e. the large vertical container which contains all the widgets), so there isn't any way to ensure that the focused widget leaves spaces from the bottom edge for the notifications etc.

The only way to control the positioning of lists inside a grouplist is to use some clever hacks (which is what I do in Aura) - but those break mouse support, and mouse is something I've been making sure to support as much as possible in AZ2.

If I could easily control the positioning of a focused widget from the screen edge, I wouldn't have any problems with different height widgets.    

Thanks for taking the time to reply in detail about the choices that were made for AZ2. I've been using AZ1 for so long I missed Aura so I installed it today and compared it to AZ2 and I think I've come to the decision what I really want is Arctic Aura!

I much prefer the Aura home screen with its edge to edge widgets but for _everything_ else I prefer AZ2s views and design. I guess I'll have to have a go at merging the bits I like of each one day when AZ2 is finally released.

I noticed when trying the both skins side by side with the same widgets and setup that the clear logos on Aura look far more readable than in AZ2. Would you consider increasing the size a bit to make it slightly more readable against the background artwork? 

For anyone thats not seen them side by side

Aura

AZ2

The menu text underline highlight in Aura is also nice, any plans to bring that to AZ2?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Giant_Midget - 2019-03-28

Quote:The menu text underline highlight in Aura is also nice, any plans to bring that to AZ2?

Please no. Unless there's an option to switch it off.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Mungo - 2019-03-28

Good morning JM!

Not so much a "feature" request, but thoughts on colouring, or adding a toggle to enable colouring on/off for coloured watched status ticks, to match the main TV Show / Movie watched status eg.:

Cheers,

Mungo

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Mungo - 2019-03-28

(2019-03-28, 22:19)Sjors125 Wrote: Also, is it possible to remove the little logo's? As series almost always have episodes in it, and often multiple seasons too, it does not really serve a purpose to have that little box or folder icon. (Or does the box mean that it is unwatched? As I see it with movies too) If possible, I would like to see an option, to toggle what icons I want to see. I.e. display only "in progress" and "sets" icons, or all icons, or just only new movies, etc.

Options for icons would be cool, considering the sheer amount there are to choose from!. As above with the coloured watched status indicators - I've just been tinkering with the actual icon files in the back-end folder structure.

I had the same idea on that particular icon, and at the moment, have swapped it for a coloured unwatched icon from the same media pack:

If you wanna quickly remove it all together, just rename, or delete "library.png" from "\Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.2\media\indicator"

Cheers,

Mungo

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Mungo - 2019-03-29

BUG: While grabbing screenshots of the above posts, I've noticed that there's no clearlogo image on the landscape images - but - it does display for a brief second when backing out of the view to the previous screen. Seems to do this on all view types that utilise the landscape image - except widgets. Widget views do still retain the clearlogo over landscape.

Had to be very quick on the ol' screenshot trigger finger to grab this:

Cheers,

Mungo

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - LeVvE - 2019-03-29

That's a bit annoying then, I really cba to go through my library and rename everything, I'll just disable the info furniture instead.

If it just ignored that icon if nothing is specified it would be ok.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - david86bcn - 2019-03-29

I have detected some errors in the flags:

- In the fullblurays (1080p and 4k) "WEB DL" appears instead of "Bluray".

- In the 1080p movies it appears at the same time "HD 1080P" and "ULTRA HD 4K Bluray". Only "HD 1080P" should appear.

- Nothing appears on the fulldvd. "DVD" should appear.

Could you fix it?

Thank you.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-03-29

(2019-03-29, 01:07)LeVvE Wrote:

That's a bit annoying then, I really cba to go through my library and rename everything, I'll just disable the info furniture instead.

If it just ignored that icon if nothing is specified it would be ok.
Yeah the skin assumes that if no matching filename tag for a different source type is found then it is a Web-dl. However, I can change this so it only shows if a matching filename tag is found, if that is what people would prefer (or alternatively have a default source setting where you can choose a default flag for files without tags).