Kodi Community Forum
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread (/showthread.php?tid=33986)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- xbs08 - 2009-04-22

When i stop a movie focus returns to the .. is there a way make focus stay on the previous played movie?

- Jeroen - 2009-04-22

There must be. I've looked into it several times but unfortunately I haven't got the faintest idea what's making it return to the top entry. I've compared my wraplist code with PM3's which doesn't have this behaviour and I don't see anything in there that focus does differently.
I'll make a post in the developer forum to see if anyone can see what's up.

- xbs08 - 2009-04-23

Thanks.
Other thing i've notice was when focus is, lets say, at a 10th episode of a tv shows and i press back the focus stays in a similar position in tv show general list.
Should it go the first one and not a similar position when stepping back?

- diemos - 2009-04-23

Looks great. Amazing Job

- azido - 2009-04-24

Bram77 Wrote:I've also removed the color tag that resulted in the incorrect displaying of the end time of a video (in VideoOSD.xml). I've included the file in the following archive. Simply extract the archive in the focus skin directory and reboot or reload the skin...

just wanted to say thanks for that closing tag fix. it saves me from searching for it for myself Smile

- Bram77 - 2009-04-24

My pleasure. I think there are some more color tags that aren't properly closed though.
I'm running Aeon (Auriga lite) at the moment because I (almost daily) update XBMC to the latest SVN version. Aeon is one of the only skins that support the latest XBMC skinning features. I like using cutting edge stuff Smile. In some way Aeon is similar to Focus. It's minimalistic...
So I'm not fixing bugs for Focus a.t.m. and I kind of gave up on adding artist fanart. It was becoming a bit to time consuming, consuming time I don't have right now Smile

- Johnkg - 2009-04-25

Thanks from me too! Smile

- leeberguy - 2009-04-26

How does one enter a password on the login screen? :confused2: When I try to access a profile requiring a password I immediately get the message indicating an incorrect password was issued.

Thanks!

- zeltak - 2009-04-29

Hi again Jeroen

After playing with foucs for the last week or so i am really really impressed. thx for all your work again, i cant wait for the update (and your new skin of course Wink)

One thing im missing is Unicode support. All my unicode text appear as empty boxes (which is especially painfull with all my mythtv recordings which i cant distinguish between..)

I have tried "fixing" it by myself by kinda following the guide on fonts on the xbmc wiki but since i really dont know what im doing had no results...

Is there any chance to include a unicode font or modify to current one to support unicode?

I am very willing to help but take in mind that im a complete newbee in the area and dont know any programing

thx alot again

Zeltak

- Jeroen - 2009-04-29

zeltak Wrote:Hi again Jeroen

After playing with foucs for the last week or so i am really really impressed. thx for all your work again, i cant wait for the update (and your new skin of course Wink)

One thing im missing is Unicode support. All my unicode text appear as empty boxes (which is especially painfull with all my mythtv recordings which i cant distinguish between..)

I have tried "fixing" it by myself by kinda following the guide on fonts on the xbmc wiki but since i really dont know what im doing had no results...

Is there any chance to include a unicode font or modify to current one to support unicode?

I am very willing to help but take in mind that im a complete newbee in the area and dont know any programing

thx alot again

Zeltak

Sure, that's something I'd like to look into. Finding fonts is hard though. I mean there are a lot of fonts to be found, it's just hard to find fonts that I find suitable for the skin. Also I need to take the kerning of the font into account so there are no problems with text not fitting on controls and such. And since I highly prefer to do things "legit" I want a font that is free to use AND distribute. And that last one is the hardest part by far.

- ajp8164 - 2009-05-26

Hi Jeroen -

I really like this skin! I have looked at probably every skin on the planet and this one beats them all - professional, simple, and easy to use. Thanks for the great work.

One request... any chance of porting this skin to work with MediaPortal ? I use MP because I need PVR support (am looking forward to have xbmc work as a front end for MP TvServer but the big hurdle for me will be DXVA support).

Would you consider making this skin available for MP? If not, your expert opinion about it being able to be ported successfully would be valuable (along with the image source ;-)

Thanks for the great work and the consideration!
-Andy

- Bram77 - 2009-05-26

Why not use Linux + MythTV + XBMC Smile?

- Jeroen - 2009-05-26

Andy, I don't really know anything about the MP skinning engine. I've looked at it once a long time ago, and it seemed quite similar to skinning for xbmc. But I don't know the limitations of the MP skinning engine, so I can't really say. Focus makes quite extensive use of visibility conditionals, I don't know if MP has something comparable.
That said, I don't mind Focus being ported to MediaPortal as long as credit is given. About the image sources, they will be made available on the SVN once I get everything sorted out.
Thanks for the kind words Smile

- queeup - 2009-05-26

@Jeroen could you modify Focus for background="true" feature?

http://xbmc.org/jmarshall/2009/05/14/new-multiimage-control-code-allows-background-loading/

Edit: And also could you use Google code svn for develop? If you are use svn we can have last changes Big Grin

- Jeroen - 2009-05-28

queeup Wrote:@Jeroen could you modify Focus for background="true" feature?

http://xbmc.org/jmarshall/2009/05/14/new-multiimage-control-code-allows-background-loading/

Edit: And also could you use Google code svn for develop? If you are use svn we can have last changes Big Grin

I could, but it's not likely to happen soon. The next update will really be minor, just fixing stuff.

I'm a bit of a crosspoint at the moment. There's the lack of time, and there is the lack of motivation. It's not that I'm not motivated to do skinning but I prefer to put the available time I have in my new project.
Also, Focus was my first skin. Because of that I did things certain ways that I would do different now. As a result my code is better and more effective now, making working on the original skin a PITA. Also I have found that to fix some of the issues major restructuring would be needed.
Also, many improvements and optimizations like the one you mentioned have been added to XBMC which would all have to be injected into focus somehow.
First I want to finish my new project and release a patch for Focus. For any major changes to Focus, I think it would be best to completely rebuild it, based on my new code.