Kodi Community Forum
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- Gamester17 - 2006-08-13

FYI; DVR-MS files should play in XBMC-builds from 9th of August 2006, (thanks to John Donaghy), however development on this is still in prograss so playback may not be perfect just yet, you may experince slightly jerky, choppy or stutter effects like Elupus stated. Please feel free to submit bug-reports and problem samples as normal though.

Big thanks also goes to elupus for his continued development of this (and everything else) Cool

DVR-MS plays, but no sound? - GrandGazoo - 2006-09-16

Hello,

I just updated my Xbmc with the XBMC-CVS_2006-09-13-T3CH release, and I can play Dvr-Ms video file now, which I think is a great addition! But I only get the video feed of those files, no sound. I have sound for every other format I could try (mpg, mov, avi, divx) but not for dvr-ms. I also tried the XBMC-2006-09-11-PIMPED release for good measure, again, no sound.

Is this a known bug (I looked in the know_issues but there was no mention of this).

I have a Xbox v1.0, with an EvoX (don't remember which version though). I read my dvr-ms file from a smb share over my MS MediaCenter 2005 box.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- elupus - 2006-09-16

yea i think this is know. or atleast i have some vague recognition of that it might be so. there is still no fully working dvr-ms demuxer in mplayer nor libavformat as is.

- black88mx6 - 2006-09-19

dvr-ms files were playing with sound on the 8/09/2006 version. In the 9/13/2006 build the video plays better (prob the 9/9/06 to use livavformat) but sound is no longer working. Will try and get a bug submitted if it is not already.

- black88mx6 - 2006-09-26

As of the 9/24/06 build, DVR-MS files are playing again. While the video before did look better we need to have sound. Hopefully some day we will have both the updated video and sound, but for now at least it is working and my wife is happy!

- elupus - 2006-09-26

so video is worse? i didn't think there was that much wrong in the dvr-ms demuxer of mplayer.

- Jorisdp - 2006-09-26

black88mx6 Wrote:As of the 9/24/06 build, DVR-MS files are playing again. While the video before did look better we need to have sound. Hopefully some day we will have both the updated video and sound, but for now at least it is working and my wife is happy!

Well that is great news! We are coming furtherBig Grin

I tried this new release today with DVR-MS files from my mediacenter 2005 and indeed there is sound, but the sound is out of sync a few seconds on my Xbox.

Is it possible that I have to do a complete reinstall of XBMC or are there more people who get out of sync sound.

I use a analoge tv signal on my mediacenter 2005.

- elupus - 2006-09-27

i'd wait.. since apperently i commited the wrong fix for the issue. will fix it soon.

- black88mx6 - 2006-09-27

elupus Wrote:so video is worse? i didn't think there was that much wrong in the dvr-ms demuxer of mplayer.

I would say yes, the video on the patch that had no sound was better, with less artifacts. With the new sound fix I noticed that the sound was also "off" just a bit, but it is MUCH better than no sound at all. :0 Will wait next update to see what happens.

- Jorisdp - 2006-09-27

elupus Wrote:i'd wait.. since apperently i commited the wrong fix for the issue. will fix it soon.

Ok thanks in advance!

- Robo983 - 2006-09-28

Before I say anything just want to say THANKS SO MUCH to all those working on this and submitting bug reports! I use Meedio and the only option to record is DVR-MS. Converting and having both formats just takes up too much space and getting this working will complete my absolute media playing utopia with my XBOXs.

I couldn't really tell from these posts if the audio was suppose to be fixed but it isn't working for me but the video looked great. I get a little audio static at first then it goes silent. All FF/RW controls seemed to work fine also.

I just loaded the latest posted T3CH last night...uh this morning..it was a long night/morning but I was too excited to get this working. I even tried Tversity as a Upnp with Transcoding always set to on to see if I could get it work but couldn't.

- Robo983 - 2006-10-02

I loaded the Final 2.0 Slim today and still no sound for my DVR-MS. I am going to try to load the 8/13 T3CH since it was stated there was sound in that load. If that doesn't work it may be that Meedio is using a different encoding for DVR-MS than Media Center. I may change around the codecs it is using to encode to see if that makes any difference.

FFmpeg and MPlayer developers are still activly working in the issues/bugs - Gamester17 - 2006-10-02

Sound should be working in 2.0.0, (I think?), are you sure that you did a proper upgrade (did you update the correct default.xbe and mplayer.dll)?, try to a clean install from scratch.

PS! Know that the FFmpeg and MPlayer developers (who develop 'our' codecs/container-format code) are still activly working on the DVR-MS issues together with John Donaghy so it is still in no way 'completly fixed'. You can follow their daily progress in the FFmpeg and MPlayer developers mailing-lists (there are several discussion threads in regards to "DVR-MS" and "ASF" which are released to this):
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/
Rolleyes

- Robo983 - 2006-10-02

Thanks! I couldn't tell from the posts if sound was suppose to work. I completely deleted the XBMC folder on the XBOX V1.6 and then loaded the 2.0 then copied my Userdata folder. I will continue to check developement links but this may be a problem specific to Meedio. It seems those that are getting sound seem to be using Media Center. I am not technical enough to know if the codec Medio uses could cause this problem or if it is just how Meedio does the encoding. When I do a graphedit the PC is using PowerDVD 6 for the Audio and Nero for the Video. Seems like I tried to change this once before and ended up having to re-image my machine. I would be interested if one of the Media Center guys could post what codecs their Media Center is using. I do not think it is worth developement time to send a sample since Meedio is defunct now. I need an excuse to buy a new Media Center PC anyway and if this is working for Media Center I just might go that way.

- RalphUp - 2006-10-03

Hi guys, I have a DELL Windows 2005 Media Center PC with a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1300 MCE-Kit
and use XBMC on my 1.4 XBOX with an X3 mod.

First off I would like to say THANK YOU!! to all the XBMC developers.

Just an update on my situation using XBMC 2.0 FAT Version:

4:3 recorded programs, the Video playback is split vertically and part of the righthand side of the video is diplayed on the left.

16:9 recorded programs, the video displays OK

both have audio sycn issues the Audio plays too fast.
Also if I try to FF then I end up back at the XBMC video selection screen.

In the second to last T3CH releases before 2.0 I had perfect video in 3:4 and 16:9 but no audio. Then the last T3CH release prior to the 2.0 release and the 2.0 release I now have the above problems

In earlier T3CH releases I had the video issue with 4:3 recordings and the audio play at the correct speed but was out of sync.

I'm definately not complaining...just giving feedback.