Kodi Community Forum
Release IPTV Merge - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release IPTV Merge (/showthread.php?tid=340691)

RE: IPTV Merge - matthuisman - 2020-04-07

it's banned so I (or SlyGuy) won't support it

RE: IPTV Merge - enerdude - 2020-04-11

@matthuisman is there currently an issue between iptv merge and dstv EPG?

RE: IPTV Merge - matthuisman - 2020-04-12

@enerdude 
I see Jeremy has replied over on the DSTV forums
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/release-dstv-now-kodi-add-on.977513/page-49#post-25262831

RE: IPTV Merge - Zewkin - 2020-04-17

Great addon, thanks a lot!

May I ask for a small feature request? It would be nice to have a possibility to remove duplicates from the resulting playlist.
I'm not good enough in Python, but in my 1st chooise language (JS) this could be done very easily in many different ways, like

javascript:
const CHANNELS = ['Discovery', 'Discovery', 'TBS', 'TBS', 'CNN'];
const 1stWay = [...new Set(CHANNELS)];
const 2ndWay = CHANNELS.filter((channel, index) => channel.indexOf(channel) == index);
const 3rdWay = CHANNLS.reduce((unique, channel) => unique.includes(channel) ? unique : [...unique, channel], []);

I knon Python is a very powerful tool, I bet this could be implemented very easily.

Thanks again work a great job you've done!

(2020-04-17, 19:41)Zewkin Wrote: Great addon, thanks a lot!

May I ask for a small feature request? It would be nice to have a possibility to remove duplicates from the resulting playlist.
I'm not good enough in Python, but in my 1st chooise language (JS) this could be done very easily in many different ways, like

javascript:
const CHANNELS = ['Discovery', 'Discovery', 'TBS', 'TBS', 'CNN'];
const 1stWay = [...new Set(CHANNELS)];
const 2ndWay = CHANNELS.filter((channel, index) => channel.indexOf(channel) == index);
const 3rdWay = CHANNLS.reduce((unique, channel) => unique.includes(channel) ? unique : [...unique, channel], []);

I knon Python is a very powerful tool, I bet this could be implemented very easily.

Thanks again work a great job you've done!
made a typo, of couse 2nd should be

javascript:
const 2ndWay = CHANNELS.filter((channel, index) => CHANNELS.filter(channel) == index);

Damn, this forum does not allow to  edit messages

javascript:
const 2ndWay = CHANNELS.filter((channel, index) => CHANNELS.indexOf(channel) == index);

RE: IPTV Merge - matthuisman - 2020-04-17

(2020-04-17, 19:47)Zewkin Wrote: Damn, this forum does not allow to  edit messages

Yes it does Smile

What are you basing duplicates on?
Just their name? Or their xml id?
How will it know if 'Discovery'  or 'Discovery' is the better one to keep?
Maybe one works, one doesn't. It has no way to know that.

Maybe it could be optional setting "Remove duplicates based on name".
It would then keep the 1st one it finds.

The correct solution is you manually hide them via the already feature of IPTV Merge > Channel Manager.

Oh Lord, looks like my remote does not allow to open this context menu. I clicked "OK" on the channel selected and got a pop-up which only offered me to set the channel number  Laugh
Thank a lot, will explore a number of new features after year of usage  Blush

RE: IPTV Merge - matthuisman - 2020-04-17

its called context menu. Sometimes long press opens it.
Or can use kodi keymap to map it to a key on your remote.
eg. on my samsung remote, I map it to red button

The problem here is when I hide a channel, the addon hides all channels with the same EPG ID or name  Blush and there is now way to set a random EPG ID - I can only pick one from the list of all channels available. If I rename a channel - it also renames all it's "copies" Sad

RE: IPTV Merge - DarrenHill - 2020-04-17

(2020-04-17, 19:47)Zewkin Wrote: Damn, this forum does not allow to  edit messages

Your account is too new and doesn't have enough posts for those priv's to be enabled yet.

It's a generic anti-spam measure we apply after having too many loop-back spammers posting stuff and then coming back and editing innocuous posts to drop their payloads.

RE: IPTV Merge - sj162 - 2020-04-19

Hi @matthuisman 

Great work on this, it's a much easier way to navigate!

Just a quick request - is there any plans in the pipeline to make this work with other addons? Like Sling by @d21spike ? (I know Sling has the Slinger service, but it would be great if it could get incorporated with the rest of the addons in IPTV Merge so they all fit into one PVR client)

Thanks  Big Grin

RE: IPTV Merge - matthuisman - 2020-04-19

anyone can make their addons compatible Smile
This addon looks for a file in the root directory of addon that tells it what it needs. So any authors can add support in their addons

RE: IPTV Merge - michaelarnauts - 2020-04-21

Are there any plans to open up the repo and/or development for `plugin.program.iptv.merge`? I have a few addons that I would like to integrate with Simple IPTV (and up until today, I thought Simple IPTV didn't support plugin:// urls, but it does, so this opens up a lot of possibilities). Unfortunately, it seems that IPTV merge is quite closed and I don't find a lot of information about it.

Preferably, this should be in the official Kodi repository, so it's easier for other addons to integrate with, to have it translated, ...

I was thinking of creating a service that listened for messages from other addons to notify about updated guide data, or updated channels, but maybe this addon does just that?

What do you think?

RE: IPTV Merge - starslayer74 - 2020-04-25

I'm having a problem. I used it on my test bed (Windows 10) and it's working fine. 

I moved to my Shield TV box and installed, and when I try to open IPTV Merge, the top of my screen says "TV Shows" and has the weather and time, but the screen itself is blank. 

**I figured it out - it was the skin I was using. 

Now I'm having another issue, but I think it's a Kodi issue in general, I tried several different skins and I can't get my channel numbers to stick the way I want them. I posted a thread about that in the PVR area.