Kodi Community Forum
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel (/showthread.php?tid=340809)

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - wrxtasy - 2019-09-25

(2019-09-08, 12:58)atoulmin Wrote:
(2019-09-08, 02:28)bdreams Wrote: Can anyone check alita:battle angel 4K version to see if hdr gets activated. I have tried the full disc mkv rip with no success only time is when map sdr to hdr is turned on. I have tried stable and nightly builds same result. Most of the other 4K movies I have tried no problems. My setup lg oled e7p and denon receiver in between even bypassing reciever same result works perfectly on the tv with emby and apple box.thanks in advance .. found the problem hdr10 plus disk

There is a bug in the 4.9 kernel that prevents it outputting HDR when you play something that is HDR10+. for example alita battle angel and Godzilla king of monsters.

Apparently it’s been worked on, but it’s been like it for a number of weeks and it’s probably low on the list of fixes. Given the amount of titles it affects.

The latest CE nightly - will now give you HDR10 output from HDR10+ video sources.

HDR10+ AML Linux Kernel code still needs fixing upstream.

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - Boulder - 2019-09-25

Has there been any information regarding the multichannel LPCM issue yet? Kind of, where do we stand - is it something so deep that most likely won't ever be fixed?

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - SilverBlade - 2019-09-27

I ordered the ODROID-N2 CoreELEC Edition and it shipped today.

What is the best choice for a  7 port USB 3 hub?

ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - lightsout - 2019-09-27

(2019-09-25, 14:42)Boulder Wrote: Has there been any information regarding the multichannel LPCM issue yet? Kind of, where do we stand - is it something so deep that most likely won't ever be fixed?

Last I treat it is an issue with the kennel and needs to get fixed at that level. Don't know much beyond that.

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - jaaroquai - 2019-09-28

Hi

Need some help.
With vero 4k+ i get up to 500mbps download speed but after changing to n2 (stable), my download speed seems to be maxed at around 300+mbps. Never reached 400. Am really new to this. Any ideas to solve the ethernet issue? Both tested with speedtest addons.

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - ragico - 2019-09-28

(2019-09-13, 16:04)Sholander Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 12:03)vlix Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 10:17)Sholander Wrote: You can also turn off blue LED flashing, if it annoys you, removing # character in front of "heartbeat" option and set heartbeat=0

I did follow yr instructions for disabling "blue heartbeat" but it still flashes.
Please can u post a copy of yr config.ini file?
Thank you

One more issue

Flickering on the interface when watching 4k. Videos all good but when bringing up the control menus (play/stop etc) with the additional movie poster (pressing up to show poster), flickering happens just to the interface of the screen. Any way to solve the issue?

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - ragico - 2019-09-28

(2019-09-13, 16:04)Sholander Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 12:03)vlix Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 10:17)Sholander Wrote: N2 goes to sleep (it's called Suspend) just fine. Wakes from suspend with any command from IR remote or wifi keyboard/mouse.
Besides that you can configure what ports (Ethernet and USB) will be powered down or not during suspend/sleep.    

N2 also wakes from Suspend with HDMI-CEC.
I use my LG Magic Remote to control the N2.

Since both the Red and Blue LED turned off during Suspend, I use my HUB/Router light to see if it's still connected, thus in Suspend state.
But I think I'm gonna turn the ports off too.. How do you turn off the Ethernet and USB ports during Suspend?    

For Ethernet port you have to edit your "config.ini" file (find it in root of uSD card) with any text editor. Set "Wake on Lan" option to 0 (wol=0).
You can also turn off blue LED flashing, if it annoys you, removing # character in front of "heartbeat" option and set heartbeat=0
How to turn off USB I don't know, never used it because I need USB power on all the time. Best ask in CoreElec forum if possible in CE as in Android 

@Sholander I did follow yr instructions to remove the blue led heartbeat, but nothing happens afetr saving the changes in the config file.
Pls can you post an image of yr actual config.file for this? May be I did some mistake.
Thank you

(2019-09-28, 19:31)jaaroquai Wrote: One more issue

Flickering on the interface when watching 4k. Videos all good but when bringing up the control menus (play/stop etc) with the additional movie poster (pressing up to show poster), flickering happens just to the interface of the screen. Any way to solve the issue?

Sorry, looks like its a video addon issues. Not n2.

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - Sholander - 2019-09-29

(2019-09-28, 19:34)ragico Wrote: @Sholander I did follow yr instructions to remove the blue led heartbeat, but nothing happens afetr saving the changes in the config file.
Pls can you post an image of yr actual config.file for this? May be I did some mistake.
Thank you 
This is the relevant section of my config.ini file:

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Heartbeat for Odroid N2
#   You can disable the blue LED heartbeat with this option, 0=off/1=on
#
  heartbeat=0
#
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - ragico - 2019-09-29

(2019-09-29, 01:32)Sholander Wrote:
(2019-09-28, 19:34)ragico Wrote: @Sholander I did follow yr instructions to remove the blue led heartbeat, but nothing happens afetr saving the changes in the config file.
Thank you 
This is the relevant section of my config.ini file:

#
# Heartbeat for Odroid N2
#   You can disable the blue LED heartbeat with this option, 0=off/1=on
#
  heartbeat=0
#
Thanks @Sholander, it works now.

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - Sholander - 2019-09-29

(2019-09-27, 15:54)lightsout Wrote:
(2019-09-25, 14:42)Boulder Wrote: Has there been any information regarding the multichannel LPCM issue yet? Kind of, where do we stand - is it something so deep that most likely won't ever be fixed?

Last I treat it is an issue with the kennel and needs to get fixed at that level. Don't know much beyond that.   

Looks that it has finally been fixed in CoreElec

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - lightsout - 2019-09-30

(2019-09-29, 22:30)Sholander Wrote:
(2019-09-27, 15:54)lightsout Wrote:

Looks that it has finally been fixed in CoreElec 
Sweet! Looks like i need to finally update to 9.2, was holding off with some of the issues people had.

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - Purge - 2019-09-30

A few days ago i get my odroid. Everything working really nice Smile

The only issue i have is that when i turn on my TV the odroid boots .
I have try to manage it via CEC Settings. I turned everything off except shut down kodi when the tv turns off.

RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - ozkhan1 - 2019-10-01

Apparently you can install android tv on odors n2 as well. I wonder how Kodi would perform on n2 with android tv compared to coreelec.