Kodi Community Forum
How to open dialogaddonsetting for Simple PVR addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: How to open dialogaddonsetting for Simple PVR addon (/showthread.php?tid=341270)

Pages: 1 2

How to open dialogaddonsetting for Simple PVR addon - Spiderfish - 2019-02-24

I want to open  dialogaddonsetting page for Simple PVR addon through onclick icon in main menu. I tried RunAddon , Runscrip but didn't work, is there any way to do it?

RE: How to open dialogaddonsetting for Simple PVR addon - Spiderfish - 2019-02-24

I got this window ID in Kodi Wiki 10140 related to dialogaddonsettings.xml but when open shows me empty dialog box! how can I attach it with PVR simple client setting?

RE: How to open dialogaddonsetting for Simple PVR addon - ontap - 2019-02-24

what are you actually wanting the shortcut to show ?

RE: How to open dialogaddonsetting for Simple PVR addon - Spiderfish - 2019-02-24

(2019-02-24, 15:37)ontap Wrote: what are you actually wanting the shortcut to show ?
 I want to open the setting of PVR simple client addon directly without going to steps setting/aaddons/pvr addon/...etc

hmmm , not something that I have ever seen, why would anyone want that window on a home screen , its something that you would rarely if ever open ?
pointless item to have on home screen.

OK just tried it and it works.
Am using artic zephyr so it will differ depending on skin , in this skin in "skin settings-customise mainmenu" I add a menu item and in the list "settings" there is a "TV" option the actual action is "ActivateWindow(PVRSettings)"
not sure about caps in the line , if your skin doesn't have "TV" option , you can do it using "custom" option, tried it and it works.

(2019-02-24, 15:57)ontap Wrote: OK just tried it and it works.
Am using artic zephyr so it will differ depending on skin , in this skin in "skin settings-customise mainmenu" I add a menu item and in the list "settings" there is a "TV" option the actual action is "ActivateWindow(PVRSettings)"
not sure about caps in the line , if your skin doesn't have "TV" option , you can do it using "custom" option, tried it and it works.
 PVRsettings is in settings but I want the settings of PVR simple client addon. I want from my father to be easy for him to add m3u file when I send to him because most of time not with him  Blush

Thats easy , go settings, addon,my add-on ,pvr-clients, simple-pvr and add it to favs, then go into skin settings, configure main menu and and add it as a menu item form favourites option, btw what skin you using ?

(2019-02-24, 16:39)ontap Wrote: Thats easy , go settings, addon,my add-on ,pvr-clients, simple-pvr and add it to favs, then go into skin settings, configure main menu and and add it as a menu item form favourites option, btw what skin you using ?
 I am using estuary and thinking to switch to transperancy!

(2019-02-24, 16:39)ontap Wrote: Thats easy , go settings, addon,my add-on ,pvr-clients, simple-pvr and add it to favs, then go into skin settings, configure main menu and and add it as a menu item form favourites option, btw what skin you using ?
 but if he cleared the favorite will gone Tongue

No, once you have set it up as a main menu item , you can remove the item from favourites and the shortcut will remain working.
If your using estuary you will have to add it in "home.xml"

(2019-02-24, 17:37)ontap Wrote: No, once you have set it up as a main menu item , you can remove the item from favourites and the shortcut will remain working.
If your using estuary you will have to add it in "home.xml"
 I added pvr simple client in favorite but when I click on it nothing happened! 
log error :19:08:54.190 T:140241725032576   ERROR: RunAddon: unknown add-on id 'pvr.iptvsimple', or unexpected add-on type (not a script or plugin).

RE: How to open dialogaddonsetting for Simple PVR addon - trogggy - 2019-02-24

Have you tried it?  Does nothing here.

The only way I know to do this is via a script, so eg:
Quote:import xbmcaddon
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').openSettings()
Then use RunScript in a shortcut / favourite / key to point at your script.
There may well be an easier way but I don't know it.

(2019-02-24, 18:18)trogggy Wrote:
Have you tried it?  Does nothing here.

The only way I know to do this is via a script, so eg:
Quote:import xbmcaddon
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').openSettings()
Then use RunScript in a shortcut / favourite / key to point at your script.
There may well be an easier way but I don't know it. 
Second way it works fine with me ....many thanks. Now I make it easy for him  Big Grin

My bad , your right I added it and didn't  test it.