Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Lockzar - 2019-03-12

(2019-03-12, 15:16)Wanilton Wrote: Get here
  Your are the Man ! Thanks  Shy

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-03-13

(2019-03-12, 23:09)Powerhouse Wrote: For some strange reason, I get no titles (fonts) above the Weather icons on the main screen, or in the Weather Main menu. I'm using Openweathermap if that makes a difference (and can change to something else if there is something better).

Is there a way to change the font color for the Weather icons, or is there something else I can do to fix this issue?

Work for me, using the same service Openweathermap, only a few strings is possible change colors, but I don't believe it causes your issue.

PS: Openweathermap only work for persons have an old API Key. 

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - jasoncrosier - 2019-03-13

(2019-03-12, 21:21)Wanilton Wrote:  

Thank you so much for the help finding that, I appreciate the speedy response.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - razserv2010 - 2019-03-13

Is there a possibility that the home screen will be right to left?

(2019-03-13, 01:57)razserv2010 Wrote: Is there a possibility that the home screen will be right to left?
 Sorry, no, only with focus on the left side.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - SteveSmith - 2019-03-13

@Wanilton 
To use different fonts, is it just a matter of putting the fonts into Fonts folder and restarting? or is more involved?
I would like to use some of the Fonts from MQ7

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - chrissix666 - 2019-03-13

(2019-03-13, 17:51)SteveSmith Wrote: @Wanilton 
To use different fonts, is it just a matter of putting the fonts into Fonts folder and restarting? or is more involved?

I have tried this myself in older MQ Skins once, because the MQ skins unfortunately do not allow special characters which is why you have to rename movies like [●REC]², WALL·E, Æon Flux.
The result was catastrophic. The text boxes in the skins are adapted to the fonts (size), if you change the fonts, the text in the text boxes are simply cut off at the end of the textbox - no solution

@"chrissix" 
Yes thats what I was afraid of.. Oh well I will go back to MQ7 until MQ8 is updated then..

(2019-03-13, 17:51)SteveSmith Wrote: @Wanilton 
 Remove font arial.ttf font on fonts folder (skin.aeonmq8), choose Cyrillic font and test. Marcos need fix font in main menu for Chinese work fine, all other areas are ok.

It's possible use other fonts, but need change code for it.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - chrissix666 - 2019-03-13

(2019-03-13, 19:47)Wanilton Wrote: It's possible use other fonts, but need change code for it.

What code? Can you explain plz? What i have to edit/change?
I want to achieve that special characters like [●REC]², WALL·E, Æon Flux, lot examples more...  are displayed instead of placeholder squares.
How can i do that?

EDIT:
I found out main font in the content containers are using the font "aeon_common.ttf" and that font is "GreyscaleBasic Regular" (copyright holder is company "GreyscaleNet") and this font has only 182 Glyphs
The font is based on Sans Serif

So far I have been able to change all the Menu Items, Movie list, TV Lists in Right list to Modern Font, but the Main page wont change it is staying the same, so I need to work out where to edit that code.

I think is better skinner fix issues for all users, I don't have restrictions members trying to create fixes, but when Marcos update skin and release a new version, all mods will be overwritten.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Jeffers24 - 2019-03-13

(2019-03-13, 21:06)Wanilton Wrote: I think is better skinner fix issues for all users, I don't have restrictions members trying to create fixes, but when Marcos update skin and release a new version, all mods will be overwritten.
Very sound and good advice  Smile

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Powerhouse - 2019-03-13

@Wanilton,

Could you tell me if Music Artwork (as detailed in the Dummies Guide to Extended Arwork and Artists Information folder) is working in Aeon MQ8? I have following the instructions in that thread, and have extra fanart in some test Artist Information folders, but I don't see any of these (lots of fanarts, logos, etc) show up in any of the views in MQ8.

Is there some setting I need to change, or do I need to do something different for these to work?

Also, regarding MovieSet artwork, is there a certain Add-on (MSAA, or ArtworkBeef), or folder structure that needs to pull the MovieSet artwork to be used in MQ8 to display? 

Thanks much for your help with these questions.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - _SLayer_ - 2019-03-14

Currently I'm under the impression, that extrafanart handling is indeed somewhat "experimental" in Kodi 18. I experimented with a completely new Kodi installation in a Windows 10 VM and had no luck to display any extrafanart. OK... I only tried it for movies and not for TV-Shows or Music... but if it does not work for movies, why should it work for TV-Shows? But I will try that in the coming days eventually.

I tried the Aeon MQ8 proprietary implementation, i modified the advancedsettings.xml, I tried the TheMovieDB-Scaper, I tried the UniversalMovieScraper, I tried ArtwortBeef... and failed big. Confused Wink

So... currently I have decided to wait and hope that there will be a solution in the future... i really miss my extrafanart slideshows. Sad