Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - JimDragon - 2019-03-16

@Wanilton , Thanks for your help ..  Some disc.art are visible, others are not ... it would seem that if the disc.art is present in fanart.tv (or other) the disc art is visible, if it is only in the local album folder it is not visible (this also with the films) I would like information that is not found online such as cdart / disc.art, logo, banner and poster to be stored in the movie and individual album folders, then entered manually .. I want kodi to give priority to local folders so I ask you, what are the indispensable addons to use? obviously for both movies and music

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-03-16

(2019-03-16, 15:43)Jonesad40 Wrote: Fantastic skin! Thank you for all your hard work.

Probably been asked but couldn’t figure out how to change the theme? All greyed out except black. Using a fire tv if it makes a difference.

Thank You.
 You need install theme addon. and for get colored flags others, get here or here. Only active after install add-ons.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - olli14 - 2019-03-16

(2019-03-15, 10:44)olli14 Wrote: Hi,
this skin looks very very good and I would like to use this skin as standard skin. But I would like to implement the following feature. There is an addon "German Telecast offers". This addon shows "TV Highlights" of the current day. The related XML is called "script-gto.xml". I already customized the "script-gto.XML" for my needs and I inserted an INCLUDE command at the end of the "home.xml". But now I see the whole time the "TV Highlights" as long as I'm in homescreen. But I want to see the "TV Highlights" in homescreen only when the button "Live TV" is highlighted. So can someone give me a hint where I have to put the INCLUDE command?
No one an idea regarding my question?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - melons2 - 2019-03-16

(2019-03-16, 16:21)Wanilton Wrote:
(2019-03-16, 15:43)Jonesad40 Wrote: Fantastic skin! Thank you for all your hard work.

Probably been asked but couldn’t figure out how to change the theme? All greyed out except black. Using a fire tv if it makes a difference.

Thank You.
 You need install theme addon. and for get colored flags others, get here or here. Only active after install add-ons. 
I have downloaded the skin resources but I can't seem to find the "theme addon" .....where can it be found?
Am I making some kind of mistake or misunderstanding?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Jeffers24 - 2019-03-16

@Wanilton 

Is it possible to reduce the maximum intensity of the highlighted shading, it makes highlighted text difficult to read, see couple of examples below:-

In this graduated highlight text may have been OK on the left of the highlight, but difficult to read on the right when viewing from a distance on my TV, this is from an addon and I have no control on text colour

In this total highlight very difficult to read text

(2019-03-16, 19:05)melons2 Wrote:

Thank You.
I have downloaded the skin resources but I can't seem to find the "theme addon" .....where can it be found?
Am I making some kind of mistake or misunderstanding? 

(2019-03-16, 18:38)olli14 Wrote:
(2019-03-15, 10:44)olli14 Wrote: Hi,
this skin looks very very good and I would like to use this skin as standard skin. But I would like to implement the following feature. There is an addon "German Telecast offers". This addon shows "TV Highlights" of the current day. The related XML is called "script-gto.xml". I already customized the "script-gto.XML" for my needs and I inserted an INCLUDE command at the end of the "home.xml". But now I see the whole time the "TV Highlights" as long as I'm in homescreen. But I want to see the "TV Highlights" in homescreen only when the button "Live TV" is highlighted. So can someone give me a hint where I have to put the INCLUDE command?
No one an idea regarding my question? 
Better wait MarcosQui help you. No idea, sorry.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Jonesad40 - 2019-03-16

Thank You.

Perfect, Thank You.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Benna - 2019-03-16

I can't find anymore the Favourite Widget that was present in MQ7. I've many LiveTV Channels set as favourite and i'd like to choose them in the Favourite Main menu section via the Favourite Widget.
What am i missing?

(2019-03-16, 20:17)Benna Wrote: I can't find anymore the Favourite Widget that was present in MQ7. I've many LiveTV Channels set as favourite and i'd like to choose them in the Favourite Main menu section via the Favourite Widget.
What am i missing?

I don't have that option, i only have Weather and system...

Check if you have favourites script installed and activated.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/leia/script.favourites/script.favourites-7.1.3.zip

Sorry where do i find this script?
Thanks Smile

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - shedrock - 2019-03-17

(2019-03-16, 19:06)Jeffers24 Wrote: @Wanilton 

Is it possible to reduce the maximum intensity of the highlighted shading, it makes highlighted text difficult to read, see couple of examples below:-

In this graduated highlight text may have been OK on the left of the highlight, but difficult to read on the right when viewing from a distance on my TV, this is from an addon and I have no control on text colour

In this total highlight very difficult to read text
 I too had a problem with this in most views. You can do as I did and use the Kodi Texture tool and extract the media folder. Once you do that, just darken the "black.png" image and recompile the Textures.xbt file and you're done. If you can't I'll provide you with my Textures.xbt file.

UPDATE: Here is the link to my Textures.xbt file.
https://mega.nz/#!8CIFlAib!6-eaOt4JgKlRX-8OrqF7OOdFr8xc_UMIM1eJJcscjj8

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - justin150 - 2019-03-17

As MQ7 was one of the first skins I used when I started with Kodi I really wanted to like this skin.  There are some very nice design touches and it is clear that a lot of work has gone into it...But

And before I sound completely negative, I freely accept that some of the problems I faced may be the user (me!) not understanding rather than limitations of the skin but...

I could not get multi-image backgrounds to work for main menu items, I have dedicated backgrounds saved to folders (named after the relevant main menu item), most other skins are happy with that but not MQ8.  I do wonder whether it requires the backgrounds to be named in a specific manner.
The process of setting up a sub-menu is extremely counter-intuitive, for example if my main menu item is Amazon-VOD (a great legit add on) it should be easy to create a sub menu item for films on Amazon VOD, the idea of saving it via Favourites and then using the Favourites item as the sub menu is just incredible cumbersome compared to many other skins
As for creating widgets to work pull from Amazon-VOD - I suspect the answer is also to save to favourites and then pull from there but again seems inexplicably cumbersome.

When you look at how other Aeon NOx based skins use skin shortcuts to make the process very obvious (most of the time!) I am afraid I just fail to understand the design philosophy of the MQ8 skin.

This is not a skin for me, but it is beautiful