Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-03-25

@"chrissix" 

Aeon MQ8 was based in Original version MQ7 for use in Kodi Jarvis, Marcos doesn't use MQ7 mod for anything, so nothing was removed. MQ7 mod has a lot of skinners working in the code and was included a lot of features, a few fines, others are too much for my eyes.

It's clear for me, only Marcos for define if will included more features in the skin, I think will fix the issues at the first moment. Any idea for improvement is fine, but he has Ace 2 to finish too.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - chrissix666 - 2019-03-25

(2019-03-25, 15:54)Wanilton Wrote: Aeon MQ8 was based in Original version MQ7 for use in Kodi Jarvis, Marcos doesn't use MQ7 mod for anything, so nothing was removed. MQ7 mod has a lot of skinners working in the code and was included a lot of features, a few fines, others are too much for my eyes.

Yes you are quite right with the modding argument.
But in this case I'm pretty sure to have compared the latest original MQ7 with the current original MQ8.

@"chrissix" 

Version 2.0.7.9, Was released in our forum, Marcos doesn't work in Krypton generation, only me and all others skinners mentioned in the thread.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - macchina - 2019-03-25

Tried MQ8 with 18.1 Leia today (prev. MQ7 with 18.0 RC4)... after noticing:
* horizontal main menu is not centered, but left orientated (the active menu entry)... very strange
* missing views in movies
* missing views in music
* missing color-themes, only black as default ... entering into skin-addon-section brings a lot of stuff, but no color themes
* errors skin-helper-service, skin helper color-picker, etc etc.
* no "Use Movie-fanart collection" (use music artist coll, etc.) in the menu-entries
* completly messed up info on music tracks... only 2 list views (lower and right)... both unusable, because the tag-information shows "album | interpret | title"... very usefull if you entered into an album ....
* strange backgrnd fanarts in music track view.. random artists? dont know
* i-key shows always information on playing album, even when you are navigation to another album
* e.t.c.

Finally I went back to 18.0 and Aeon MQ7.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Angelinas - 2019-03-25

(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: Tried MQ8 with 18.1 Leia today (prev. MQ7 with 18.0 RC4)... after noticing:
* horizontal main menu is not centered, but left orientated (the active menu entry)... very strange
True
(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: * missing views in movies
You didn't enable more view
(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: * missing views in music
(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: * missing color-themes, only black as default ... entering into skin-addon-section brings a lot of stuff, but no color themes
You didnt install extra theme from AeonMQ
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/resource.images.skinthemes.aeonmq/
(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: * errors skin-helper-service, skin helper color-picker, etc etc.
Try to install from Marcel Repo..
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons
(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: * no "Use Movie-fanart collection" (use music artist coll, etc.) in the menu-entries
??
(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: * completly messed up info on music tracks... only 2 list views (lower and right)... both unusable, because the tag-information shows "album | interpret | title"... very usefull if you entered into an album ....
(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: * strange backgrnd fanarts in music track view.. random artists? dont know
Working Fanarts, I think you have isue with SHS
(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: * i-key shows always information on playing album, even when you are navigation to another album
This is bug, also know in view list for plot and Art

I don't understand.... you using AeonMQ7 Mod version.....How all of this problem isn't present in that mod...almost same Concept are in AMQ7 & AMQ8 ?

@macchina

* About horizontal, yes, MQ8 focus is in the left side, no more in the center, by design. Skinner option. Skin is fine for use with Kodi 18.1 or 18.2
* About views video and music, have a lot of views, but don´t have extra views available in MQ7 mod (creation others skinners), nothing wrong too. Skin is based in original MQ7 for Jarvis. Skin has features don´t available in MQ7 mod too.
* Have 2 textures black and white, and is possible to change colors in skin settings, need use script for work (skin helper color picker). 
* I don´t have any error with skin helper or color picker. Please post your debug log, only way for try understand your issues, probably using old scripts versions. Author script don´t update in the official Kodi repo, need install Marcel repo to get update versions. No relationed skin btw.
* Use fanart in background images in the items was removed, explained a lot in previous posts why. Continue with support use background with single or multiple images, need only set the path.
* Have 6 views for track music, no only 2, extrafanart is active for music and videos, if don´t like have option for turn off, in top menu, item arts.
* about the last item, I don´t have idea, never see somethink like this here.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - macchina - 2019-03-26

sry.. you're (mostly) right ... using mq7 mod... I installed it long time ago and did'nt remember.. my fault.
but, i activated all views (in movies and music)... but I did'nt find a "good" view, to list tracks from an album.
Quote:I don't understand.... you using AeonMQ7 Mod version.....How all of this problem isn't present in that mod...almost same Concept are in AMQ7 & AMQ8 ?
I don't know: Installed 18.1... started Kodi... default-skin was activated (I guess as fallback, because MQ7 Mod is'nt compatible).
Installed MQ8 from repo. First I noticed a lot of errors (skin helper service, color picker, some errors xbmc.gui,..) Tried to install this addons via repo, but mostly failed with errors.

Luckily only a view clicks to restore 18.0/MQ7 Mod via backup. Anyway, maybe I will try it again, if I have time.

Thanks for quick response :-)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - chrissix666 - 2019-03-26

(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: Finally I went back to 18.0 and Aeon MQ7.
You mean the MQ7 MOD? MQ7 ORIGINAL does not work on Kodi18 Leia

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Benna - 2019-03-26

(2019-03-25, 23:50)Angelinas Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 23:16)macchina Wrote: * errors skin-helper-service, skin helper color-picker, etc etc.
Try to install from Marcel Repo..
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons
I can't find the zip that install marcel repo, is this
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/repository.marcelveldt/tree/master/repository.marcelveldt

the zip file was last updated 2 years ago, is this correct?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-03-26

@Benna

The latest version repo is 2018/03 (march 2018) = 1 year old.

Scripts available in the repo receive updates in 2019.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - shedrock - 2019-03-26

@Wanilton - Are you going to mention to MarcosQui that TV Show Next Aired does not work the way the previous version used to? By that I mean the previous version of Next Aired only showed TV Shows that "I" have in my library, but with his version, you see TV Show episodes that are not even in my library. If I use the current Kodi repo version, it just works. However, I can use the repository.marcelveldt-1.0.1 repo updates then I have to downgrade the TV Show Next Aired and TVDB API v2 in order for my library Tv shows to appear in the widgets.

I hope you understand what it is I am trying to say here. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Shedrock

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-03-26

@shedrock 

Increase manually number version script, so when you use Marcel repo, will don´t update. Or disable update in addon settings. 

I will talk with Marcos about, when he´s return.

Regards,

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - shedrock - 2019-03-26

(2019-03-26, 01:31)Wanilton Wrote: @shedrock 

Increase manually number version script, so when you use Marcel repo, will don´t update. Or disable update in addon settings. 

I will talk with Marcos about, when he´s return.

Regards,
I actually did that, but that's just a temporary fix. It should be looked into. I don't know how other users have not reported this. It has been this way since Aeon MQ7. I know that because I just installed Aeon MQ on Krypton and I get the same results.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - defleppard - 2019-03-26

Hi everybody, after a few weeks testing Aoen MQ8, and as a fantic of Aeon MQ series, i need to say it again:
1) this is a wonderful piece. it´s smooth, slim, fast and specially stylish, so hard to find in other skins . I really love the "LEFT Style", and the beauty of black and white of skin
I know need some fixes, but, again, excellent work.

2) i Always use the original one on my htpc, no mods, no wired thing, but in my test pc, of course i test son mod´s just to see something that can help to skin be more functional or more elegtant.

So after a lot of time of use Aeon mQ and the surfing throw somee other skin, i want to dare to propose Marcoa a little chage on music section, of course after he finish to fix bugs.

I use in my collection "wall view" to show my music collection, and the right lis view to show songs track of albums.
this is a image of my test pc

As we can see, all infomation it´s shown... 
Album cover ( give us information about what album is playing)
Track number
Artist Name
And other infomation like year and song duration.

All information in one view--

The "problem" i see in this way to shows information it´s ,when artist name and/or song name are too long, skin start to scrolling line selected (song selected) to allow us read all information.

So what i want to propose is...  dont ýou think it´s much better move artist name beside year and duration, to prevent this effect..?

this is 3d view of wanilton aeon MQ7 Leia mod

in this case, changing album name beside time for artist name it would be perfect (i really think this). Note it´s the same song showed in other image..

ok, that´s all folks...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - KaBoS - 2019-03-28

Hello, today I update to Kodi18 and of course install MQ8 from official repo just I don't know what say That great job thank you very much Smile ,
Some questions
1-Where to Get Colorful Icons for MQ8 ? ,
and for movie information (language flags and Studio Color) found packages in Kodi repo do these work with MQ8 ? .
2-MQ8 Support display full extra fanart like MQ7 ?.
And support addon (Artwork Beef) ?.