Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Maxi - 2019-03-31

Hi @MarcosQui @Wanilton and others

First of all, thanks a lot for this SUPERB skin, and for sharing it with everybody

A quick request: everything media related looks fantastic, but could the "Programs" section get some love also? (like a specific view for programs). I'm working on using Kodi+MQ8 as the default "launcher" for my android box, but I have several other programs on it besides Kodi.

I do not have skin-design experience, but I am willing to invest time on this, if you tell me how can I help.

Thanks !!!

Max

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-03-31

@olli14, register in our forum, there has a tool for sending me the file, and I will try to help you with your request.

@defleppard, sorry it´s no possible for now.

@Maxi, our moment is fixing bugs, and improve the skin will come in next moment.

Changelog partial fixes and improvements came in version 2.9.0. One version for tests was released today - 2.8.5 (plus members only),  version 2.9.0 will come to the official repo in a few days.

Code:
Changelog:
New: Added support to script Artwork Organizer - library fanarts as background images.
New: Added support to script AutoCompletion for virtual keyboard (grateful to Angelinas/Wanilton).
New: Menu Video OSD/Subtitle button - up arrow goes to the subtitle search window.
New: Added media flags to video 8bit and 12bit also for SDR content.
Improved: Support for HDR video tag - can be used in the filename ".hdr." or "-hdr" - Example: video.hdr.bluray or video-hdr-bluray.
Improved: Support for bit-depth tag - can be used in filename ".10bit." or "-10bit " or ".12bit." or "-12bit" - Example: video.10bit.bluray or video-10bit-bluray.
Improved: Menu OSD/Context menu - added Media Info button.
Improved: Menu OSD - color contrast when using the white base mode.
Fixed: TopMenu/RightList viewtype - missing option to set slim list mode.
Fixed: Media flags bar - layout issues in audio channels info.
Fixed: Weather Window/TopMenu - missing location name on button to toggle location.
Fixed: Virtual keyboard - missing Cancel button.
Fixed: Virtual keyboard - layout details in the Chinese language.
Fixed: Extrafanart is not displayed correctly in some cases (grateful to Angelinas).
Fixed: Menu OSD - furniture is not shown during numerical seeking (grateful to Diodato).
Fixed: Missing info if Software or Hardware decoding is being used (grateful to Diodato).
Fixed: Main Menu/Mini Weather - missing the current condition icon in some cases.
Fixed: Music Window - artist's clearlogo or clearart are not displayed correctly.
Fixed: Menu OSD/Video settings - the menu is not hidden during the vertical shift adjust.
Fixed: Menu OSD/Subtitle settings - the menu is not hidden during delay adjust.
Fixed: Music info window - data refers to the playback item and not the focused item.
Fixed: Skin Settings - option for automatic download of complementary art is restarted upon restarting the skin.
Changed: Netflix script - changes in code to support script by CastagnaIT.
Changed: Script cdArt Manager is no longer supported.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - defleppard - 2019-04-01

greats news @Wanilton

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - shedrock - 2019-04-01

(2019-03-31, 23:19)Wanilton Wrote: @olli14, register in our forum, there has a tool for sending me the file, and I will try to help you with your request.

@defleppard, sorry it´s no possible for now.

@Maxi, our moment is fixing bugs, and improve the skin will come in next moment.

Changelog partial fixes and improvements came in version 2.9.0. One version for tests was released today - 2.8.5 (plus members only),  version 2.9.0 will come to the official repo in a few days.

Code:
Changelog:
New: Added support to script Artwork Organizer - library fanarts as background images.
New: Added support to script AutoCompletion for virtual keyboard (grateful to Angelinas/Wanilton).
New: Menu Video OSD/Subtitle button - up arrow goes to the subtitle search window.
New: Added media flags to video 8bit and 12bit also for SDR content.
Improved: Support for HDR video tag - can be used in the filename ".hdr." or "-hdr" - Example: video.hdr.bluray or video-hdr-bluray.
Improved: Support for bit-depth tag - can be used in filename ".10bit." or "-10bit " or ".12bit." or "-12bit" - Example: video.10bit.bluray or video-10bit-bluray.
Improved: Menu OSD/Context menu - added Media Info button.
Improved: Menu OSD - color contrast when using the white base mode.
Fixed: TopMenu/RightList viewtype - missing option to set slim list mode.
Fixed: Media flags bar - layout issues in audio channels info.
Fixed: Weather Window/TopMenu - missing location name on button to toggle location.
Fixed: Virtual keyboard - missing Cancel button.
Fixed: Virtual keyboard - layout details in the Chinese language.
Fixed: Extrafanart is not displayed correctly in some cases (grateful to Angelinas).
Fixed: Menu OSD - furniture is not shown during numerical seeking (grateful to Diodato).
Fixed: Missing info if Software or Hardware decoding is being used (grateful to Diodato).
Fixed: Main Menu/Mini Weather - missing the current condition icon in some cases.
Fixed: Music Window - artist's clearlogo or clearart are not displayed correctly.
Fixed: Menu OSD/Video settings - the menu is not hidden during the vertical shift adjust.
Fixed: Menu OSD/Subtitle settings - the menu is not hidden during delay adjust.
Fixed: Music info window - data refers to the playback item and not the focused item.
Fixed: Skin Settings - option for automatic download of complementary art is restarted upon restarting the skin.
Changed: Netflix script - changes in code to support script by CastagnaIT.
Changed: Script cdArt Manager is no longer supported.

Any fix to the widgets in the next release?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-04-01

@shedrock, only was changed to Netflix widgets. All others I need to revisit, something I need to do.

(2019-04-01, 00:53)Wanilton Wrote: @shedrock, only was changed to Netflix widgets. All others I need to revisit, something I need to do.

No problem. Thank you.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Holzfred - 2019-04-01

Hi Wanilton,

any fixes in Live-TV Channel Switching OSD? This is not shown during switching to next channel… Will be cool :-)

Uwe

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Min2001 - 2019-04-01

The favourites widget doesn't work and the files submenu just shows the previous menu of the file view instead of viewing the file list.

Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Benna - 2019-04-01

(2019-04-01, 10:54)Min2001 Wrote: The favourites widget doesn't work and the files submenu just shows the previous menu of the file view instead of viewing the file list.

Favorite widget works, what do you mean for “doesn’t works”? I don’t have any problems with it, except for some slow down during the loading

The favourites widget displays like it should for me but doesn't launch any favourites after clicking (UWP Xbox One version), I have to go into favourites to launch anything. Maybe it's something wrong my end i'll have to take another look.

Edit: This problem is solved as it only seems to happen with a particular addon and doesn't seem skin related.

Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Benna - 2019-04-01

(2019-04-01, 11:12)Min2001 Wrote: The favourites widget displays like it should for me but doesn't launch any favourites after clicking (UWP Xbox One version), I have to go into favourites to launch anything. Maybe it's something wrong my end i'll have to take another look.

I also had this problem, and in my case I fixed it adding to favourites the program directly inside the “My addon “ section.

Settings - addon - ho to the addon you want to add, right click (or “C” key) and “add to favourite”

Try this way

Thanks Benna it seemed only 1 of my favourites wasn't launching after re-adding an testing a few more. It is very slow to display compared to the other widgets though. Gonna edit my previous post as this does work correctly (The problem maybe addon related), still has the issue with the file list on submenus though.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - MarcosQui - 2019-04-01

Talking about loading the widgets I'll explain:
In Aeon MQ7 some widgets are provided by the service library data provider script by BigNoid, such as recent and random. It works fine (fast) but may have issues with the tag of items already watched.
Aeon MQ8 does not use any script for these widgets, the content is provided by the Kodi database. In theory it should be very fast and without any problem, but I see that the result is not good.
The advantage of using the Kodi databade is full compatibility with all functions. If I change this you should be aware that some feature can be lost, in search of the greater speed in loading the widgets.

(2019-04-01, 13:11)MarcosQui Wrote: Talking about loading the widgets I'll explain:
In Aeon MQ7 some widgets are provided by the service library data provider script by BigNoid, such as recent and random. It works fine (fast) but may have issues with the tag of items already watched.
Aeon MQ8 does not use any script for these widgets, the content is provided by the Kodi database. In theory it should be very fast and without any problem, but I see that the result is not good.
The advantage of using the Kodi databade is full compatibility with all functions. If I change this you should be aware that some feature can be lost, in search of the greater speed in loading the widgets.
I think it would be better for it to be functional rather than the way it is. In some cases for me, the Recently Added Movies and TV Shows will load immediately at boot, but the time I start moving around the skin they sometimes don't even re-populate unless I reboot the system.

There is also an issue with the way the TV Show Next Aired script is functioning in the widgets. The previous version worked as it should. One example is the TV shows in my library that are airing next (not the entire week) were the only ones displayed. In the updated version of TV Show NA, "Episodes Airing today" is airing episodes not even in your library. Also, Episodes Next Aired is also not working correctly, if at all. In order for me to get it working, I had to downgrade the metdatautils, TVDB API and TV Show Next Aired scripts. When I do that though, it does not function in Aeon MQ8, but works with every other skin.

I hope what I have listed above could at least offer some assistance as to what is going on with the widgets. I can always posts screenshots if you need me to show you what I mean.

Thanks for all your hard work on MQ8. It is just an awesome skin that just needs a bit of tweaking.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - MarcosQui - 2019-04-01

Some widgets are provided by Helper, like in progress, similar, next aired, next episode and others, and is slow even, in this case has no solution on the part of the skin.