Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - shedrock - 2019-04-01

(2019-04-01, 14:09)MarcosQui Wrote: Some widgets are provided by Helper, like in progress, similar, next aired, next episode and others, and is slow even, in this case has no solution on the part of the skin.
So then why are they slow in MQ8 and not any other skin I am currently using? On MQ8 it does not matter if it is SHSW, next aired etc. It is still slow. This is just a fact. The loading image just spins infinitely, and I cannot be the only person reporting this.

Also, I am using Aeon MQ7 (Latts Mod) which is heavily loaded, but yet the widgets load almost instantly for me. I am also using Aeon NOX Silvo, MQ5, MQ6 which have all been heavily modded, but yet widgets aren't an issue. So if that's the case, what do think the problem is with the widgets in MQ8? I have also tested all the above on Windows and LibreELEC and I get the same slow results with MQ8.

Thanks,

Shedrock

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - MarcosQui - 2019-04-01

I can not say anything about other skins or mods. Each skin has its own code and features. Hundreds of users tested the skin during development and no one reported slowness about the widgets.
I'm going to research how I can improve this.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - defleppard - 2019-04-01

(2019-04-01, 15:03)MarcosQui Wrote: I can not say anything about other skins or mods. Each skin has its own code and features. Hundreds of users tested the skin during development and no one reported slowness about the widgets.
I'm going to research how I can improve this.
i confirm, in particular, that widget load too slow on my htpc, ( in may case beteween 5 and 10 seconds,). (leia 18.1 and lastes skin version).

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - MarcosQui - 2019-04-01

Talking about the submenus I'll explain:
The Aeon MQ7 code has a submenu for each menu, there are thousands of submenus and thousands of lines of code that weigh heavily.
It is a powerful feature but few users need.
During the development of MQ8 I created a discussion to evaluate the possibility of unifying some submenus and no user (vip, translator, code collaborator) was against. The change occurred in ALPHA 1 BUILD 0.3.0 - RELEASE DATE 7/16/2017.
About 15k lines of code were eliminated and the result was a faster overall skin.

And what is the unification of the submenus exactly?
All items tagged with MOVIES share the same submenu.
All items tagged TVSHOWS share the same submenu.
All video playlists share the same submenu.
All audio playlists share the same submenu.
All program add-ons share the same submenu.
All video add-ons share the same submenu.
All audio add-ons share the same submenu.
All game add-ons share the same submenu.
All image add-ons share the same submenu.

For most users this does not make any difference, but for some to be a problem, I'm sorry for that.
I'm working on new code for the Aeon MQ9 that can bring all of the thousands of submenus back without it hurting anyone who does not use such a feature.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Min2001 - 2019-04-01

Ah well if the unification was done for the sake of speed then I can live with that. I didn't know about the submenu merge, I thought the file submenu was bugged and not remembering its location, but if it has merged with the other submenus then this makes sense. Thanks for clarifying Marcos.

Great Skin 👍

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Sergiqu - 2019-04-02

(2019-03-30, 13:50)Wanilton Wrote: @Sergiqu about the subtitle download, Menu M, OSD button, subtitle settings, download subtitle.

Thanks for answering me. I do not mean the download of subtitles. In any MKV that I own, I can not choose between the subtitles it brings.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - the_bo - 2019-04-02

@Sergiqu

During playback press L on keyboard to switch between subtitles.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Steel99 - 2019-04-02

(2019-03-23, 16:10)Wanilton Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 14:59)Steel99 Wrote: Hi,

"New: Widgets to Advanced Emulator Launcher - Most Played Roms, Last Played Roms and Favourites Roms (grateful to João Girardi)."

Can you explain, how to get this work?

I have AEL installed and some Favourite Roms. What to do next? Can i get Game widgets with all artwork and metadata (Description of Game)?

Thanks.

I will request Girardi to help you, I don´t use AEL here, try create one AEL item in main menu via customize main menu, and click in up arrow, choose the widget in selector, done. 
Any news regarding my question?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-04-02

(2019-04-02, 08:05)Sergiqu Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 13:50)Wanilton Wrote: @Sergiqu about the subtitle download, Menu M, OSD button, subtitle settings, download subtitle.

Thanks for answering me. I do not mean the download of subtitles. In any MKV that I own, I can not choose between the subtitles it brings. 

2 buttons in the image is for change audio and subtitles. In next version have one up arrow in the same subtitle button for open subtitle search window.

(2019-04-02, 12:56)Steel99 Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 16:10)Wanilton Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 14:59)Steel99 Wrote: Hi,

"New: Widgets to Advanced Emulator Launcher - Most Played Roms, Last Played Roms and Favourites Roms (grateful to João Girardi)."

Can you explain, how to get this work?

I have AEL installed and some Favourite Roms. What to do next? Can i get Game widgets with all artwork and metadata (Description of Game)?

Thanks.

I will request Girardi to help you, I don´t use AEL here, try create one AEL item in main menu via customize main menu, and click in up arrow, choose the widget in selector, done.  
Any news regarding my question? 

Sorry, I tried to talk yesterday, but without one answer by him, yet.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - movie78 - 2019-04-02

Great Skin

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - joanpemo57 - 2019-04-02

Hola escelente skin felicidades,tengo una duda sobre las banderas hdr y 10 bit,tengo algunas peliculas uhd 4k hdr 10 bit y al pasar el raspador me las detecta perfectamente pero sin embargo en la coleccion estas banderas no me aparecen, he echo algo mal me pueden ayudar un saludo

@joanpemo57

Please post in english.

Appear flags hdr and 10 bits when having in movie filename .hdr. and .10bit., ex moviename.4k.10bit.hdr.mkv

In the next version will come support to sdr, and 8, 10 or 12 bit too.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - style2k - 2019-04-04

this skin works nice now some little things but it works . i have one bigger problem though.
i seem to have a problem with cd art when playing music. installed artis slide show and use it when playing music. 
also have a custom art folder with artist name extra fanarts folder etc .
also the art works nice i get my back grounds and my cd cover in most cases . must say i dont get why sometimes artist slide show doent find artist but ok . the big thing is that artist slide show doesnt get cdart.
i get rarely with few songs a cdart cd spinning but when i chack the custom folder i dont see the cdart image so , where is this comming from. also why doesnt as download cdart? 
also have artbeef installed to try to get cd art but that doesnt seem to work either Artwork Beefi get some clear logos etc but not cd art.
so long story short art works nice but why i dont get cdartwork Huh?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-04-04

Wait for the next release, came a lot of fixes and improvements.