Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Benna - 2019-04-06

I'm experiencing a new problem. When i add a movie (for example "The Jungle Book", the original Disney movie) can happen that KODI download images from the very last version of the movie (2018). I then pressi "i" and choose "Reload" to choose a different movie.
Now, the new movie and all of the information, fanart, disc art, clearlog and so on are downloaded, but when i exit to the main menu and then go back to the movie list i still see again the information of the incorrect movie.

Here the video of what i mean:

(2019-04-04, 21:02)Angelinas Wrote:
(2019-04-04, 20:16)style2k Wrote: this skin works nice now some little things but it works . i have one bigger problem though.
i seem to have a problem with cd art when playing music. installed artis slide show and use it when playing music.
also have a custom art folder with artist name extra fanarts folder etc .
also the art works nice i get my back grounds and my cd cover in most cases . must say i dont get why sometimes artist slide show doent find artist but ok . the big thing is that artist slide show doesnt get cdart.
This isues are fixed for VIP version 2.8.6 (Available in Marcos next release for Official repo)
(2019-04-04, 20:16)style2k Wrote: i get rarely with few songs a cdart cd spinning but when i chack the custom folder i dont see the cdart image so , where is this comming from. also why doesnt as download cdart?
also have artbeef installed to try to get cd art but that doesnt seem to work either Artwork Beefi get some clear logos etc but not cd art.
so long story short art works nice but why i dont get cdartwork Huh?
Need to set script.module.metadatautils from Kodi settings Addon to download Music Art in your Music foldder.(I use both folder, regular for mine Music and custom for radio addon-PVR Radio)
Angelinas, how do i access that setting page? I cannot find any reference to this module under my Addons....

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-04-06

@Benna 

Settings, add-ons, configure, more, manage dependencies, will list the addons, only need now configure.

(2019-04-06, 23:44)Wanilton Wrote: @Benna 

Settings, add-ons, configure, more, manage dependencies, will list the addons, only need now configure.
Thanks Wanilton, but when i click on "Manage dependencies" it returns to the "configure" menu, does this mean that i don't have any of these dependencies?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-04-07

set focus in addon item (near configure), will list all dependencies add-ons

RE: UPPERCASE label formatting - PatriciaTegtmeier - 2019-04-07

(2019-04-06, 21:16)PatriciaTegtmeier Wrote: Is it possible to switch off the UPPERCASE label formatting?
Any option is welcome, not only GUI.
I'm using AEON MQ 8 2.8.0 – 2/28/2018 with Kodi 18.1.

Now I see that the strings of the labels are defined in the language-specific strings.po files. There the strings are defined in capital letters. So there is no way to choose mixed upper/lower case.

Yes, and if you change manually, when came one new release will overwrite all.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - PatriciaTegtmeier - 2019-04-07

(2019-04-07, 00:40)Wanilton Wrote: Yes, and if you change manually, when came one new release will overwrite all.

A design bug. If the strings would be in "mixed case", the user could decide to choose mixed or upper case. If "upper case" would be set, the rendering engine can convert "mixed case" to "upper case". The other direction "upper case" -> "mixed case" doesn't work.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Duimon - 2019-04-07

@Wanilton 

About my questions concerning Rom Collection Browser. I have a work-around for everything except Gameplay videos not being displayed. It is not a RCB or Kodi issue: they play in other skins.

Any answer from Marcus?

RE: UPPERCASE label formatting - the_bo - 2019-04-07

(2019-04-07, 00:34)PatriciaTegtmeier Wrote: Now I see that the strings of the labels are defined in the language-specific strings.po files. There the strings are defined in capital letters. So there is no way to choose mixed upper/lower case.

Then you can use a program such as notepad++ to convert all the uppercase letters to lowercase. Select all Text then click edit --> Convert case to --> lowercase

RE: UPPERCASE label formatting - PatriciaTegtmeier - 2019-04-07

(2019-04-07, 01:52)the_bo Wrote:
(2019-04-07, 00:34)PatriciaTegtmeier Wrote: Now I see that the strings of the labels are defined in the language-specific strings.po files. There the strings are defined in capital letters. So there is no way to choose mixed upper/lower case.

Then you can use a program such as notepad++ to convert all the uppercase letters to lowercase. Select all Text then click edit --> Convert case to --> lowercase 
Two reasons speak against it:

A po-file is not a text file, so it can not be edited with a text editor. Such a file is the result of a translation tool. I am familiar with such tools, because I have worked as a translator in various projects.

A second reason is that this work would be nullified when a new version of the skin appears, as noted earlier.

That's why I will not edit the strings. I would be willing to work as a translator for this project as well. Prerequisite, however, is that the design bug is fixed and that the strings are no longer maintained in upper case but in mixed case – in the original format as well as in all translations. That would require effort for all translators. I assume that the project is not willing to do so.

By the way, it makes no sense to convert uppercase to lowercase. Lowercase is not in demand, but mixed case.
(2019-04-07, 02:30)PatriciaTegtmeier Wrote:

By the way, it makes no sense to convert uppercase to lowercase. Lowercase is not in demand, but mixed case. 

Maybe the case-sensitive discussion has been too abstract so far. Here is an example: There is a label with the text "SKIN SETTINGS". If you simply replace uppercase by lowercase, the result would be "skin settings". That's wrong, right would be using upper and lower case ("mixed case"): "Skin Setttings" (or "Skin setttings"). In the German translation, this text is currently "SKIN-EINSTELLUNGEN" – in mixed case, "Skin-Einstellungen" would be correct. Again: Lowercase is not in demand, but mixed case.
(2019-04-07, 02:27)PatriciaTegtmeier Wrote:
That would require effort for all translators. I assume that the project is not willing to do so. 
The assumtion is based on the amount of translations. Currently there are 46 files in the folder language. This means, a minimum of 46 translators are involved.

74 coordinators, 10 reviewers, 291 translators, 46 languages.

Source: https://www.transifex.com/waniltoncampos/teams/

https://www.transifex.com/waniltoncampos/kodi-skin-aeon-mq-8-leia/dashboard/

(2019-04-07, 03:33)Wanilton Wrote: 74 coordinators, 10 reviewers, 291 translators, 46 languages.

Source: https://www.transifex.com/waniltoncampos/teams/

https://www.transifex.com/waniltoncampos/kodi-skin-aeon-mq-8-leia/dashboard/

Thank you! This confirms my suspicion that a large number of people deal with the translations.

After this debate on uppercase and lowercase it is time to compile a summary. Apparently, it is a design principle of this skin to represent the labels in capital letters. You may like it or not. If you like it, it's a design principle. If you do not like it, it's a design bug. The behavior can not be changed without causing much effort for many translators.

Aeon MQ likes in many ways. However, the topic "uppercase" bothers.

UPPERCASE means screaming.

Therefore, in forum discussions, for example, it is repeatedly pointed out that UPPERCASE should be avoided. When UPPERCASE is used, it is often asked if the keyboard's caps lock key is broken.

UPPERCASE disturbs the reading flow, comparable to italics. Typography experts recommend sparing text highlighting. They usually mean italic and bold. In their view, UPPERCASE is undoubtedly not an option for text highlighting.

Why should label texts be highlighted? The texts of the labels should be undisturbed readable, without attributes such as bold, italic or uppercase.

If users think they like some kind of text highlighting, let them allow it. Options like bold, italics and uppercase could be possible.

Why does this skin mean that UPPERCASE is to be applied? That is not understandable. It's a design decision. Design is a matter of personal taste.

This skin offers a lot of options for the user. Apparently, the goal is to offer the user as many options as possible to make the skin to his liking. One option is missing: To change the label texts from uppercase to mixed case. Mixed case is the standard in most other skins. It is unclear why this skin uppercase prefers and offers no option to change that.

There may be other users who hate being addressed in a screaming manner, as UPPERCASE does.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - dutchie393 - 2019-04-07

as refined as this skin is, amazing really, i just never end up using it because i can't find a single view type i like, especially compared to the tri-view in madnox or even better, the extended view in rapier... it's like every focus has been on everything but that...