Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - pierre8991 - 2019-04-28

Hello

I have movie genre icons in French. I did not find where are recorded the one in English in order to replace hem by the French I have
Can you help

Thanks

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - andyanew - 2019-04-28

How can I assign a default action for the menu tab? For example I had like this in Aenox Nox: Action for CARTOONS was ActivateWindow(Videos,"smb://PC_IP/cartoons/",return)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Benna - 2019-04-28

I don't know what happened, but today i executed kodi and i got the first install setup screen of MQ8.... once finished the setup process i had the standard menu items, no more my previous menu, why ?

I've then reset back everything as i remember, but there's one thing that i cannot set: the background fanart.
with the first MQ8 release i had set a folder in which i had the fanarts for Movies, concerts, music and so on . Now i see that is possible to set the fanart as background directly from MQ8 the same way was with MQ7 but if i enable "Use fanart collections" i only have a black screen, even if i force the database update . What should i do in order to have this working as was for MQ7?

EDIT: Fixed, i had to remove and install again artwork organizer, i had previuosly set a fanart destination folder, MQ8 does need the standard Artwork Organizer configuration in order to work.
Anyway, my first request still remains: why i got the MQ8 setup window screen appear?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - E net - 2019-04-28

(2019-04-27, 23:55)Wanilton Wrote: 2 ways

one extrafanart folder, with images inside or in the video root fanart1.jpg fanart2.jpg, will work too.
Thanks for your reply @Wanilton . I already had that from before but it doesn't look to me that they are being read. Instead new ones are being shown along with "some" of the old ones and even those I think are being downloaded too.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-04-28

(2019-04-28, 11:23)pierre8991 Wrote: Hello

I have movie genre icons in French. I did not find where are recorded the one in English in order to replace hem by the French I have
Can you help

Thanks
You need to decompress textures.xbt for included your translated genres...resource.images.moviegenreicons.white

(2019-04-28, 16:40)andyanew Wrote: How can I assign a default action for the menu tab? For example I had like this in Aenox Nox: Action for CARTOONS was ActivateWindow(Videos,"smb://PC_IP/cartoons/",return)

Skin doesn't have support for direct actions like in Aeon Nox, but it's simple, go above cartoons folders, add to favourites, now in customize main menu, use replace, choose in right side Favourites (enter), will open all favourites, choose Cartoons, and done. You have access Cartoon folder via main menu item.

(2019-04-28, 17:37)Benna Wrote: I don't know what happened, but today i executed kodi and i got the first install setup screen of MQ8.... once finished the setup process i had the standard menu items, no more my previous menu, why ?

I've then reset back everything as i remember, but there's one thing that i cannot set: the background fanart.
with the first MQ8 release i had set a folder in which i had the fanarts for Movies, concerts, music and so on . Now i see that is possible to set the fanart as background directly from MQ8 the same way was with MQ7 but if i enable "Use fanart collections" i only have a black screen, even if i force the database update . What should i do in order to have this working as was for MQ7?

EDIT: Fixed, i had to remove and install again artwork organizer, i had previuosly set a fanart destination folder, MQ8 does need the standard Artwork Organizer configuration in order to work.
Anyway, my first request still remains: why i got the MQ8 setup window screen appear?

Kodi, skins, add-ons settings are XML text files. If something broke the code when read/load will be recreated by Kodi or by the skin. Close Kodi without finish it's one way for destroying the files, it's no relation skin or Kodi, is always issue in the files settings.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - xodi - 2019-04-28

(2019-04-28, 17:37)Benna Wrote: I don't know what happened, but today i executed kodi and i got the first install setup screen of MQ8.... once finished the setup process i had the standard menu items, no more my previous menu, why ?

It's so weird, this happened to me today. I'm sure Kodi shutdown normally as usual. For my case, there is even a button at the top of screen for the skin initialization, but due to the color of the screen background and the font of button and message, I can't see what's message and button. I had to click the button before skin can do the initialization.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - andyanew - 2019-04-28

(2019-04-28, 21:34)Wanilton Wrote: Skin doesn't have support for direct actions like in Aeon Nox, but it's simple, go above cartoons folders, add to favourites, now in customize main menu, use replace, choose in right side Favourites (enter), will open all favourites, choose Cartoons, and done. You have access Cartoon folder via main menu item. 

Simple but smart Smile Thank you so much!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Holzfred - 2019-04-29

(2019-04-01, 07:53)Holzfred Wrote: Hi Wanilton,

any fixes in Live-TV Channel Switching OSD? This is not shown during switching to next channel… Will be cool :-)

Uwe

Hi Wanilton,

any news about?

Thank you for Info..

Uwe

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-04-29

@Holzfred 

Nothing new, Marcos only will return to work in MQ8, after release next version Ace2, sorry.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Benna - 2019-04-29

Question: could be possible that MQ8 does not support Netflix addon when adding "Netflix" to the main menu and setting the widget on it?

when i execute Netflix via Add-on Video i don't have any problem, when executing Netflix via Main Menu results in KODI crashing to the Desktop.

i'm using Castagna addon, i've installed Inpustream in LODI and widevine dll under Windows 10 64bit

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-04-29

@Benna

It's something I use a lot, work great here, no issues when using the main menu, submenus or widgets...

Here I go to Customize Main Menu, use replace function, choose Video Add-ons, Select Netflix, rename the item, choose the background and done. 

And yes, you need use CastagnaIT version (widgets only work with the latest version - 0.14.0)

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

widevine.dll is installed auto, don't need install manually.

(2019-04-29, 16:11)Wanilton Wrote: @Benna

It's something I use a lot, work great for me, no issues when using the main menu, submenus or widgets...

Here I go to Customize Main Menu, use replace function, choose Video Add-ons, Select Netflix, rename the item, choose background and done. 

And yes, you need use castagnal version (widgets only work with latest version - 0.14.0)

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

widevine.dll is installed auto, don't need install manually.
i'll take some test with a fresh kodi install and let you know, at the moment i have almost always kodi crash.

Wanilton, look at my test:

1) performed a fresh kodi install (uninstalled previous version, deleted %Appdata%\KODI folder and installed KODI x64 18.2)
2) installed MQ8 2.9.0
3) installed CastagnaIT repo and installed Netflix .14
4) Installed Input stream
5) succesfully logged in to Netflix
6) created a new Menu entry for Netflix (pointing to "Video add-on" --> Netflix)
7) added widget "Netflix - My List"
8) started playing an episode, then stopped, ESC key to return to the home screen and than crash of kodi to the desktop

I can't figure out how for you there's no problem, i did this on 2 different PC.

I can make a video of all of these steps if you want

I repeat: if i run Netflix via "Video Add-On" (so, manually) everything works fine. The problem is when i run Netflix via main menu, every time i press ESC during the video play and MQ8 starts the Zoom animation to load the main menu + widget, kodi crashes... just in this specific case

EDIT: seems that removing the widget "Netflix - My list" the problem is fixed....