Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Karellen - 2019-08-01

(2019-08-01, 01:43)leejk Wrote: Installation of the colored studio icons package resource.images.studios.coloured-0.0.15
The latest version is 0.0.16.

Try installing from My Add-ons > Install from repository > Look and feel > Image collections

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-08-01

(2019-07-31, 06:23)RobbieWilkes Wrote: I can't imagine that I'm the first person to ask this, but, thus far, I haven't figured out the right keywords to track down the post if they have.

Is there any way to make the focal Item on the main menu be in the CENTER of the screen (as it was in previous versions of the skin) rather than off to the left? 

I've been using Krypton with MQ 7 on all my HTPCs for ages (with LOTS of customizations, bells & whistles), but want to move up and try out the recent 64bit version of Leia.  To that end, I've got a clean pc, and started from scratch.  I, of course, would love to stick my favorite skin, but, the offset of the focal point to the left, is driving me crazy.

I've got it set for Fixed mode, but, unless my old eyes are just missing something, I can't figure out a way around this.  Please tell me I'm missing something simple.  :-)

Thanks for the beautiful, easily customizable skin, through several versions.

Focus only on the left side when using MQ8 for main menu items. The fixed mode you find in skin settings, main menu area, check there.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - RobbieWilkes - 2019-08-01

(2019-08-01, 02:19)Wanilton Wrote:
(2019-07-31, 06:23)RobbieWilkes Wrote: I can't imagine that I'm the first person to ask this, but, thus far, I haven't figured out the right keywords to track down the post if they have.

Is there any way to make the focal Item on the main menu be in the CENTER of the screen (as it was in previous versions of the skin) rather than off to the left? 

I've been using Krypton with MQ 7 on all my HTPCs for ages (with LOTS of customizations, bells & whistles), but want to move up and try out the recent 64bit version of Leia.  To that end, I've got a clean pc, and started from scratch.  I, of course, would love to stick my favorite skin, but, the offset of the focal point to the left, is driving me crazy.

I've got it set for Fixed mode, but, unless my old eyes are just missing something, I can't figure out a way around this.  Please tell me I'm missing something simple.  :-)

Thanks for the beautiful, easily customizable skin, through several versions.

Focus only on the left side when using MQ8 for main menu items. The fixed mode you find in skin settings, main menu area, check there.  
Ugh!  That stinks.  Well, if I could request any modification to the skin, then that would be it.  I absolutely LOVE MQ7, and I know I'm old and can be stuck in my ways... but the left-side focus in MQ8 just really seems non-intuitive to me.

If an option for CENTER / MIDDLE FOCUS could be added as an option, maybe as a "MAIN MENU BAR STYLE", that would be AWESOME!

Please! :-)

Thanks!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - TimeZone - 2019-08-01

(2019-06-05, 21:55)MB1968 Wrote: @Ices, Picard only writes the tagfields. Kodi uses the filenames to sort the files. You could use a rename tool that is able to execute batch commands. I use Advanced File Renamer.

I never said it was easy Wink Organizing your music (and video) files for Kodi, is a time consuming process.

Actually Picard can rename the files now. Better still, it can rename to include the disc number (if multi-disk album), it can create a folder for each artist and create album folders under each artist folder. Its renaming style makes it very easy for scrapping by Kodi. It is still time consuming making sure the correct album is identified and tracks are properly matched but it saves you a lot of time. Update Picard to the latest version, Go to options and tick both options for "Rename Files" and "Move Files".

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - TimeZone - 2019-08-01

(2019-08-01, 01:43)leejk Wrote: Installation of the colored studio icons package resource.images.studios.coloured-0.0.15 is failing for me. Is there a corrected version?

thanks

Sometimes addons and skins fail to update while they are in use. Most commonly skins. I have had a similar experience with Studio Icons - Coloured this week. I had to disable the addon before I can update. For skins, I have to change to Estuary or another skin before updating the one currently in use.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - leejk - 2019-08-03

(2019-08-01, 02:03)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-08-01, 01:43)leejk Wrote: Installation of the colored studio icons package resource.images.studios.coloured-0.0.15
The latest version is 0.0.16.

Try installing from My Add-ons > Install from repository > Look and feel > Image collections

Hi,

Ok I didn’t realize newer version was in repo. I had to switch skins and restart KODI before I got a successful install. Thx

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - RonnieG3 - 2019-08-03

Hey all, I have a question that relates to the widgets for TV. I prefer the function of TV Shows - Unwatched. It's a cleaner presentation in grouping episodes of the same series together. When I select to use this option, every time I try to access the widgets, I just get the widget select panel. Now I checked in IncludesVariables.xml and see that the condition to call this is
 <value condition="String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgets),tvshow.unwatched)">special://skin/playlists/tvshows_unwatched.xsp</value>
My issue seems to be that the playlist isn't being called. I wait a bit to give it time to load and still nothing. I've switched to Episodes - Unwatched for now, but like I said, it just doesn't look as neat and tidy,

My question to you fine folk is if there is any way to speed up the playlist or use some other way to get the same effect using maybe plugin://service.library.data.provider or plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets? When I use the widget, it only shows the unwatched episodes and plays the episode on selection.

Thanks in advance  Smile

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - ttringle - 2019-08-03

Hi there,

Running mq8 2.9.0 on the release Leia on a Shield TV. I had this add on working perfectly on my previous Shield TV which bricked it self. My new one works as expected and in the case of playing my uhd rips actually plays them better over wireless than previously. But there are a couple of annoyances now with MQ8.

In the skin settings under icons and Images I can't set any of the items to use custom sets such as the MPAA logos etc, or the genre icons etc. When I click any of them it does nothing. I can hear the sound as though it is clicking it but nothing prompts to choose a file etc. Also the color picker add on I have manually downloaded over and over but it keeps breaking and doesn't work after a few days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Does anybody also know the correct file tag for 10 bit color for my HDR bluRays the media keeps flagging as 8 bit. And I can confirm the files contain the HDR metadata etc. And my TV reads the video stream as HDR "UHD Color" on my Samsung TV.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - overburner - 2019-08-04

Good Skin but fonts too little for me in plot area for TV series and films for example.
Is there a way to increase the font size in this area?
Someone can explain me if there is a solution?
This is important for me, I think to revert to Aeon MQ 7
Ok I've found a sloution
Is possible to edit file addons/skin.aeonmq8/xml/font.xml
In particular I've increased size in font_plot and font_plotsmall lines

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - _SLayer_ - 2019-08-07

(2019-08-03, 21:20)ttringle Wrote: Does anybody also know the correct file tag for 10 bit color for my HDR bluRays the media keeps flagging as 8 bit. And I can confirm the files contain the HDR metadata etc. And my TV reads the video stream as HDR "UHD Color" on my Samsung TV.

Simply name the file like "Moviename (year).HDR.10bit.mkv" to enable the HDR and the 10bit Flag in MQ8.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - WaynesWorld19 - 2019-08-08

First post, been reading and very helpful to a first time Kodi User

My problem - I have MQ8 setup and running fine - I have differing movie categories setup in Main Menu (sports, foreign, animation) using Smaert Playlists ... but my default movies menu shows all movies 

How do i modify the Main Movies to seperate out ?  Tried setting up a playlist, but it appears the playlist is only recognised as a widget, where a menu item is setup using a playlist 

I don't want to mess up the default movie / TV Shows submenu's and associated artwork

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-08-08

(2019-08-08, 01:46)WaynesWorld19 Wrote: First post, been reading and very helpful to a first time Kodi User

My problem - I have MQ8 setup and running fine - I have differing movie categories setup in Main Menu (sports, foreign, animation) using Smaert Playlists ... but my default movies menu shows all movies 

How do i modify the Main Movies to seperate out ?  Tried setting up a playlist, but it appears the playlist is only recognised as a widget, where a menu item is setup using a playlist 

I don't want to mess up the default movie / TV Shows submenu's and associated artwork

Use customize main menu for create new items in main menu. Settings, submenu customize main menu.

(2019-08-08, 02:52)Wanilton Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 01:46)WaynesWorld19 Wrote: First post, been reading and very helpful to a first time Kodi User

Use customize main menu for create new items in main menu. Settings, submenu customize main menu. 
Sorry not following ...are you saying I can add a playlist to the submenu ? ....but will it still show the movie cases ?

I'm afraid if I add a playlist to the submenu I will lose the formatting 

ImageImage

What I want is the cases below to have excluded the Sports, Animation, and my Old movies seperated out (where white arrows are) as I have seperate playlists and menu items already setup
Because I have a playlist associated with a menu, I have a widget to display .....but that doesn't work in main movies

How can I get the below display, with those other menu items taken out ....and not mess with the standard formatting of TV and Movies. Sorry to repeat the question

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Cinephile - 2019-08-08

Why not just create another smart playlist that mimics the default movie tab but only filters the files you want to see (like what you did with the other custom menus)?

Then simply disable (hide) the default movie button.

(2019-08-08, 08:39)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Why not just create another smart playlist that mimics the default movie tab but only filters the files you want to see (like what you did with the other custom menus)?

Then simply disable (hide) the default movie button.

This was my first thought .....but as was said in an earlier post ....all movies have the same submenu, all playlists have the same submenu 

So if I change the default movie tab to a playlist as you suggest, will I lose the main movie formatting as per the image ......this is my concern. if i do as you suggest, how can i wind it back

Hope i've explained my problem correctly .....I've experimented on all other Main Menu items, but only where there was no default presentation of submenu (TV and Main Movies)