Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-05-30

@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I am not sure if this is a bug, but if I use Skin helper for my "Recently Added Episodes", if I click for example on a new series called "Space Force" where I haven't watched any episodes, so it displays Space Force - Season 1. Clicking on that poster sends me to the TV Show media view (in my case it is set to Banners). All other "Episodes" in the widgets start playing the episode, which is normal. Shouldn't clicking on the poster for the whole season simply take me to the TV Show episode list?

I've attached a link to a small video I made showing you exactly what I am referring to.

https://youtu.be/6E1_LzzXsQc

Thanks Bart,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-05-30

(2020-05-30, 19:38)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I am not sure if this is a bug, but if I use Skin helper for my "Recently Added Episodes", if I click for example on a new series called "Space Force" where I haven't watched any episodes, so it displays Space Force - Season 1. Clicking on that poster sends me to the TV Show media view (in my case it is set to Banners). All other "Episodes" in the widgets start playing the episode, which is normal. Shouldn't clicking on the poster for the whole season simply take me to the TV Show episode list?

I've attached a link to a small video I made showing you exactly what I am referring to.

https://youtu.be/6E1_LzzXsQc

Thanks Bart,

Shedrock

@shedrock, if you are using my modded 1.0.78 version of skin.helper.service.widgets, this is not a bug.

For that show you added multiple episodes from the same season on the same date, and the addon groups them and shows the season poster. The widgets are coded so that when you click on a season poster, it takes you to the season so that you can play one of the episodes you added. If you do not want this behavior, simply disable the grouping of episodes in the skin.helper.service.widgets addon settings.

Regards,

Bart

Quote:it takes you to the season so that you can play one of the episodes you added.

This is what I was showing you in my short video. It is not taking me to the episodes of that season for that tv show.

Regards,

Shedrock

(2020-05-30, 21:44)shedrock Wrote:
Quote:it takes you to the season so that you can play one of the episodes you added.

This is what I was showing you in my short video. It is not taking me to the episodes of that season for that tv show.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock, my apologies! I will check what is happening with the path I am building. Something must be off in how that is being done. Are you using Kodi 18.5, 18.6 or 18.7?

Regards,

Bart

(2020-05-30, 21:54)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, my apologies! I will check what is happening with the path I am building. Something must be off in how that is being done. Are you using Kodi 18.5, 18.6 or 18.7?

Regards,

Bart 
I am using LibreELEC 9.0.2 on Kodi 18.2 Leia. I tested it with Aeon Nox Silvo and his own is setup to start playing from episode 1. I prefer it to take you to the actual episode list. I am almost 100% certain an Amber version you had before did this.

Shedrock

(2020-05-30, 22:10)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-05-30, 21:54)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, my apologies! I will check what is happening with the path I am building. Something must be off in how that is being done. Are you using Kodi 18.5, 18.6 or 18.7?

Regards,

Bart 
I am using LibreELEC 9.0.2 on Kodi 18.2 Leia. I tested it with Aeon Nox Silvo and his own is setup to start playing from episode 1. I prefer it to take you to the actual episode list. I am almost 100% certain an Amber version you had before did this.

Shedrock 
@shedrock , I guess you are using my modded version of skin.helper.service.widgets, version 1.0.78, which is in the Amber repo for Leia.  In order for this version to work properly, you need to install Marcel Veldt's beta repo and use his latest versions of metadata utils, tvdb api and simple cache. Several months ago (actually I think it was last year) I based my modded version on the latest versions of marcel veldt's addons instead of the ones in the Kodi repo.  You can find his beta repo at https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/repository.marcelveldt/blob/master/repository.marcelveldt/repository.marcelveldt-1.0.2.zip.  Since I know you also use tv show next aired, make sure you do not update that addon to the version from Marcel's beta repo, because that one does not work properly.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-05-30, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-30, 22:10)shedrock Wrote:

Regards,

Bart 

Shedrock     
@shedrock , I guess you are using my modded version of skin.helper.service.widgets, version 1.0.78, which is in the Amber repo for Leia.  In order for this version to work properly, you need to install Marcel Veldt's beta repo and use his latest versions of metadata utils, tvdb api and simple cache. Several months ago (actually I think it was last year) I based my modded version on the latest versions of marcel veldt's addons instead of the ones in the Kodi repo.  You can find his beta repo at https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/repository.marcelveldt/blob/master/repository.marcelveldt/repository.marcelveldt-1.0.2.zip.  Since I know you also use tv show next aired, make sure you do not update that addon to the version from Marcel's beta repo, because that one does not work properly.

Regards,

Bart    
I will definitely look into that Bart. Also, I am probably not reading all of your changes in the changelog files, because I did not realize that the Fanart view in "Music" has now been shifted to the right

If I have done something, or missed something along the way, I apologize. I just never noticed this recent change.

EDIT: I will also have to pass on the repository.marcelveldt-1.0.2 updates. If I do that, then Aeon Nox Silvo doesn't work. Neither do a few other skins. Sad

UPDATE: I realized the changes were made to the View_56_Fanart.xml file. I reverted to 2 pevious versions, but I still can't get the album folder art completley centered as it was previously. It does not flow right using the new layout. I guess it is expected to be centered as the album that is currently in play. Is there some way to add a switch for this feature to be turned on or off?

Cheers!

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-05-31

I changed the position from 4 to 2 in the View_56_Fanart.xml file, as well as the SquareFanartThumbDimensions from 5 to 95 in order to get the album artwork to be centered. The new way confused not just me, but also my wife. Naturally the eyes tend to center focus. Anyway, I also wanted to make a suggestion for the music info container. I've provided an image to show you what I am referring to.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Johnny1982fd - 2020-05-31

(2020-05-21, 18:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 16:08)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @

I need your help. Im desperate with some settings regarding correct German translations.
Sometimes I changed in my system but I see no changes Wink

1.) Media Views - Show Logo In Media Views
What is this? Do you have a screenshot with disabled and enabled setting?

2.) Video Info - Show Season/Episode Numbers
What is this? Do you have a screenshot with disabled and enabled setting?

3.) Main Menu - Color Options
I have no entry in pot file to translate this. Is this a bug?

4.) Media Views - Diable Info Panel in List Views
Do you have a screenshot with disabled and enabled setting?

5.) Media Views - Alternate List Views Layout

6.) Media Views - Hide second label in List Views

7.) Media Views - Show more items on List views

8.) Media Views - Episodes use poster

9.) Title Bar Options - Show lock/master mode status in title bar

10.) Home Layout - Enable statistics line
I asked you in a previous post. I recognize, this is only in vertical mode. But I see no changes in my system.

Thanks in advance !
@Johnny1982fd , here are the answers:

1. This is what it looks like with logo enabled (the logo is on the top right part of the screen):

And without:

2. With Season/Episode numbers in video info:

Notice that it says "S03E01" before the episode name.  With the option disabled, only the episode name is shown.

3. Yes, it is a bug, I will add the string so it can be translated.

For 4,5,6 and 7, please refer to the first screenshot as the one with the setting disabled.

4. With Disable Info panel active:

5. Alternate List Layout means that the info panel is on the right and not in the middle, like the first screenshot.  With Alternate List Layout disabled, it looks like this:

6. The first screenshot shows how it looks with Hide Second Label in List Views active.  When the setting is inactive, it looks like this (notice the second label with the added date in each list row):

7. The first screenshot shows what it looks like with "Show More Items in List Views" disabled.  With the setting enabled, it looks like this (notice that the font is smaller so more rows can be shown):

8.  With "Episodes Use Poster" disabled, all icon media views use the episode thumb as the icon.  With the setting enabled, it looks like this:

9. I cannot show you a screenshot for that, since I do not use master mode or lock.  I understand this is used when you have multiple profiles defined in your Kodi setup.

10. The statistics line show up in both vertical and horizontal menu.  You need to configure what you want to appear in the statistics line for each menu item, in the same place where you configure the menus.  For horizontal menu it looks like this:

I hope all of this is useful.  Thank you for continuing with the German translation.

Regards,

Bart

Hi @bsoriano 

Thanks for your screenshots! You’ll get an update on Monday evening.

It's a bit laborious but I'm getting on. Smile

New questions/your help needed:

1.) „Show movie collection count“ —> I saw this always, independent the option is enabled or disabled. Bug?

2.) Enable statistics line —> sorry, this don’t work in my pi4. I enable this but I see nothing on horizontal line or the widget option. I have no idea.

3.) Menu - customize menu „Number of playlist/node Fanarts to use as background“ —> What does it mean? In addition to that … if you choose an entry you have no chance to remove it later. Bug?

4.) Menu - Show Logo In Home Window
What ist that? Which logo does it mean? I see no changes if I enabled this option.

5.) Show Fanart for Special Content

—> Translation ok, maybe you have a screenshot for that?

6.) Mediaviews - Hide Second Label in List Views

Option enabled, in movies and series you see the „date added“.
My wish is an separate option to disable that „date added“ in movies and series.

Option disabled, movies are now fine (no „date added“ see)
In series you now runtime in minutes, how much episodes in the series and unwatched episodes.

My wishes are:

- Showing the complete series in hours and minutes (like in movies)
- An option to disable „Unwatched“

If you have time to answer me I include some translations till Monday.

Best regards

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Johnny1982fd - 2020-05-31

Hi @bsoriano Bart,

i guess i found another bug.

In Disney + Addon with "symbols" as view type the title names are lost.
In previous versions that was not.

Have a look at here:

https://imgur.com/a/dhrG5Wb

Best regards!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - crazyhands911 - 2020-05-31

Hey, I don't know if this is an issue with Amber @bsoriano  or Artwork Beef @rmrector 

For the images below, I'm in my Anime smartplaylist with Fanart view. I right-click on a show and select the AB: Select Artwork option.
I then choose poster, as I now need to go thru and change my artwork for everything since I finally got my libraries recreated in 18.7 and have AB setup.

My issue is that the images in the AB Selector are so tiny. You can barely see the images, let alone see the actual quality of the images (especially fanart). For my girlfriend's anime collection in particular, the small poster images are problematic. I typically try to go thru and find a poster image of some kind that has the title of the show on and in English because I know I don't have a clue what a show is from just he artwork and for sure not from the japanese characters, lol. So the first screen shot shows you the size of the images in the Selector.

This image shows you the size of the artwork on the fanart view for the playlist. As you can see, you can't read the text in the above image, but it is clearly read in the below image.

I'm really just trying to avoid selecting and deselecting a ton of images to get the one that would work. I plan to go thru my entire media collection, so the faster the better. I have AB setup to download the selected art and delete art that is unselected, so I can at least keep things clean in my files. I originally had AB download all art, but that was overboard and just cluttered my files. I had the issue too where I grabbed a couple of fanarts that looked cool in the small image, but once it loaded, the image was pixelated at fullscale.  Is there a setting or view I need to change in order to see these image previews larger?

I also wondered why AB context items showed up in both the general right-click options, as well as showing up twice if you first select "Manage" on the first set of options. I see no difference between any of the 3 AB: Select Artwork options.

Also Bart, thanks for pointing me in the direction of that mini keyboard. I did a ton of research and came across this iPazzPort with IR Learning. It was about the only one with a similar design that I found that had IR learning so I can hopefully control my Tv and my AV receiver to some degree.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - crazyhands911 - 2020-05-31

I also meant to ask about the delay for the newly selected images to appear. Sometimes they appear pretty quickly, but often times, I seem to need to leave the playlist and come back for the image to refresh. Maybe I'm just not giving it long enough, but the choose art from the old build was instant, and again, if I'm going to go thru and change about every artwork in my library, if those delays or worse, exit playlist and going back is needed, its going to greatly extend the time it takes me to get through that.

Blank Tiles - timmins - 2020-05-31

Under my movies I have recently added movies and random movies under that. Not all the tiles in random movies are filling in. They are just blank spaces. But if I move to the spot it gives me the name of the movie and it length. What I'm I missing. How do I fix this.

Thanks

RE: Blank Tiles - bsoriano - 2020-05-31

(2020-05-31, 22:27)timmins Wrote: Under my movies I have recently added movies and random movies under that. Not all the tiles in random movies are filling in. They are just blank spaces. But if I move to the spot it gives me the name of the movie and it length. What I'm I missing. How do I fix this.

Thanks
@timmins , please post a screenshot of what you are seeing.  I am not sure from your description of the issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-06-01

(2020-05-30, 23:14)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-05-30, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-30, 22:10)shedrock Wrote: I am using LibreELEC 9.0.2 on Kodi 18.2 Leia. I tested it with Aeon Nox Silvo and his own is setup to start playing from episode 1. I prefer it to take you to the actual episode list. I am almost 100% certain an Amber version you had before did this.

Shedrock     

Regards,

Bart     
I will definitely look into that Bart. Also, I am probably not reading all of your changes in the changelog files, because I did not realize that the Fanart view in "Music" has now been shifted to the right

If I have done something, or missed something along the way, I apologize. I just never noticed this recent change.

ImageEDIT: I will also have to pass on the repository.marcelveldt-1.0.2 updates. If I do that, then Aeon Nox Silvo doesn't work. Neither do a few other skins. Sad

UPDATE: I realized the changes were made to the View_56_Fanart.xml file. I reverted to 2 pevious versions, but I still can't get the album folder art completley centered as it was previously. It does not flow right using the new layout. I guess it is expected to be centered as the album that is currently in play. Is there some way to add a switch for this feature to be turned on or off?

Cheers!

Shedrock 

@shedrock , I apologize for the change in Fanart view, I was testing some things and uploaded my changes to GitHub (not the Amber repos).  I still need to figure out how to have the view appear centered both for music and video.  

In terms of script.skin.helper.service.widgets, just downgrade it to the Kodi repo version.  Then it should work just like in any other skin.  Make sure you turn off automatic updates for that addon.

Regards,

Bart