Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-06-06

Hello all,

I just uploaded versions 3.2.88 (Leia) and 3.3.88 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  Main changes:

1. Fix for the new alphabet strip so it can be accessed with only a mouse.  Now, if you hover on the right edge of the screen (all views except fanart) or the bottom edge of the screen (fanart view), the alphabet strip should appear and you can click on any letter.

2. Fixes for fanart view.  I have increased the height of the Gallery so that 4 lines of plot can be seen instead of just 2.  This is consistent with the info shown if you have the "Show Info" enabled for this view.  I am now also displaying the movies that are in a collection if the collection does not have a plot, just like in all of the other views.

Updated fanart view gallery looks like this now:

And the gallery with movie collection info:

And finally the movie collection data in the info panel for fanart view:

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - crazyhands911 - 2020-06-06

(2020-06-06, 18:37)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I just uploaded versions 3.2.88 (Leia) and 3.3.88 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  Main changes:

1. Fix for the new alphabet strip so it can be accessed with only a mouse.  Now, if you hover on the right edge of the screen (all views except fanart) or the bottom edge of the screen (fanart view), the alphabet strip should appear and you can click on any letter.
@bsoriano  The Alphabet Strip works perfectly now. Thank you!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-06-06

@bsoriano - Everything seems to be working well on the latest version. Big Grin

Shedrock

(2020-06-06, 21:45)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Everything seems to be working well on the latest version. Big Grin

Shedrock
@shedrock , thank you for confirming and testing! Smile

Regards,

Bart

(2020-06-06, 19:57)crazyhands911 Wrote:

@bsoriano  The Alphabet Strip works perfectly now. Thank you! 
@crazyhands911 , thank you for confirming.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-06-06

Does the touch function still work with this alphabet strip ? Or should we remove "Touch" from the term "Mouse/Touch-Friendly Alphabet Strip" ?

(2020-06-06, 18:37)bsoriano Wrote: 2. Fixes for fanart view.  I have increased the height of the Gallery so that 4 lines of plot can be seen instead of just 2.  This is consistent with the info shown if you have the "Show Info" enabled for this view.  I am now also displaying the movies that are in a collection if the collection does not have a plot, just like in all of the other views.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano.

I'm going to test this.

(2020-06-06, 22:03)Cyberdom Wrote:

Does the touch function still work with this alphabet strip ? Or should we remove "Touch" from the term "Mouse/Touch-Friendly Alphabet Strip" ?

(2020-06-06, 18:37)bsoriano Wrote: 2. Fixes for fanart view.  I have increased the height of the Gallery so that 4 lines of plot can be seen instead of just 2.  This is consistent with the info shown if you have the "Show Info" enabled for this view.  I am now also displaying the movies that are in a collection if the collection does not have a plot, just like in all of the other views.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano.

I'm going to test this. 
@Cyberdom , you are welcome.  And yes, touch still works with the alphabet strip.  What I fixed is that before, to get to it, you had to use a keyboard or remote, because you had to press down or right.  Now, you can get to it using only the mouse.  Please notice that it still works as before if you have a keyboard and/or remote.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-06-06

(2020-06-06, 22:35)bsoriano Wrote: Now, you can get to it using only the mouse.
I'm wondering because you say "using only the mouse". And the touch ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-06-06

@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

One little issue I found when using 3 shelves. If you look at the top shelf in the image, you will see the overlay over the tiny poster overlapping. I also believe there is sufficient landscape there to make the 3rd poster the same size as the others. As a suggestion, you can probably shrink the TV Show labels a bit...maybe?

Regards,

Shedrock

(2020-06-06, 22:42)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 22:35)bsoriano Wrote: Now, you can get to it using only the mouse.
I'm wondering because you say "using only the mouse". And the touch ? 
@Cyberdom , my apologies, I guess meaning is lost in translation.  What I am trying to say is that, if you have a mouse, you no longer need to press down or right in order to access the alphabet strip, you can do it with just the mouse, by hovering on the bottom edge of the screen or the right edge of the screen.  This does not have any effect on touch, it continues to work with touch also.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - ontap - 2020-06-06

(2020-06-06, 22:56)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

One little issue I found when using 3 shelves. If you look at the top shelf in the image, you will see the overlay over the tiny poster overlapping. I also believe there is sufficient landscape there to make the 3rd poster the same size as the others. As a suggestion, you can probably shrink the TV Show labels a bit...maybe?

Regards,

Shedrock

Sorry if I have missed it , but could there be an option to hide/remove the labels ?  Virtually all posters have the name of the movie/show in the artwork? would make more room to match the size of the top row posters with the second and third maybe?  Loving the changes Bart , excellent stuff.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock , thanks for reporting.  What type of shelf is the top one (Shelf 3)? Is it a custom shelf that you have with tv shows you added to favourites and then put as items in the custom shelf? I ask because the resolution looks like the one Amber uses for favourites or custom shelves.  The regular TV Shows shelves only show the poster without the label.  I am curious, since that shelf is also trying to show the unwatched episodes count, which means Amber thinks the items are indeed tv shows.  Please let me know.  Or better yet, if you want, please post or PM me your "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file from the 1080i folder of the skin in your system.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-06-06, 23:35)ontap Wrote:

Regards,

Shedrock

Sorry if I have missed it , but could there be an option to hide/remove the labels ?  Virtually all posters have the name of the movie/show in the artwork? would make more room to match the size of the top row posters with the second and third maybe?  Loving the changes Bart , excellent stuff. 
@ontap , the label only shows for certain types of shelves, like custom or favourites, or particular type of content, like favourites or genres, studios, etc.  If you look at the screenshot below, I have three shelves together where they are all standard shelves for tv shows and episodes, and they only show the posters, appropriately sized:

Whereas in the next screenshot, you can see three shelves together and the top shelf (shelf 3) has special content (in this case movie countries) that shows the labels.

I am glad you are liking the changes Smile

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-06-07

(2020-06-06, 23:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 22:56)shedrock Wrote: d when using 3 shelves. If you look at the top shelf in the image, you will see the overlay over the tiny poster overlapping. I also believe there is sufficient

@shedrock , thanks for reporting.  What type of shelf is the top one (Shelf 3)? Is it a custom shelf that you have with tv shows you added to favourites and then put as items in the custom shelf? I ask because the resolution looks like the one Amber uses for favourites or custom shelves.  The regular TV Shows shelves only show the poster without the label.  I am curious, since that shelf is also trying to show the unwatched episodes count, which means Amber thinks the items are indeed tv shows.  Please let me know.  Or better yet, if you want, please post or PM me your "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file from the 1080i folder of the skin in your system.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
The top shelf is TV Shows in Progress from Skin Helper Service Widgets. Shelf 3 > Video Addons > SHS > etc...

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-06-07

(2020-06-07, 00:03)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 23:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 22:56)shedrock Wrote: d when using 3 shelves. If you look at the top shelf in the image, you will see the overlay over the tiny poster overlapping. I also believe there is sufficient

Regards,

Bart  
The top shelf is TV Shows in Progress from Skin Helper Service Widgets. Shelf 3 > Video Addons > SHS > etc...  
@shedrock , thanks! That clears it up.  I need to push a fix for this, Amber is showing the wrong art type for this.  I will push to GitHub in a few minutes.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @shedrock , the changes are already on GitHub, Leia branch.  Now the artwork is correct, as you can see here:

Please download, test, and let me know that it is indeed fixed for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart