Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - treboR2Robert - 2020-06-23

@bsoriano  @Cyberdom 

I done some more testing.

THE PROBLEM = "In the info window of a video, when I click on the play button, the video does not start anymore but the info window of the video closes"

With amber 3.2.94 and tmbdhelper 3.1.3 it is only when selecting a tv epsiode from a home screen "on deck" widget that THE PROBLEM happens. (so everything works as normal when going through the tv library. ( And movies work both ways)

With amber 3.2.92 and tmbdhelper 3.1.3 it is the same as above.

With amber 3.2.92 and tmbdhelper 2.4.36 it is the same as above. ( i didn't realise this before )

With amber 3.2.94 and tmbdhelper 2.4.36 neither movies or tv shows will play whether you select them from the home screen "on deck" widget or from the main library.

I'm not sure how to do the debug log thing sorry, maybe you can reproduce the problem now though ?

It would be interesting to know if @Cyberdom is also using PlexKodiConnect ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-06-23

(2020-06-23, 23:12)treboR2Robert Wrote: @bsoriano  @Cyberdom 

THE PROBLEM = "In the info window of a video, when I click on the play button, the video does not start anymore but the info window of the video closes"

With amber 3.2.94 and tmbdhelper 3.1.3 it is only when selecting a tv epsiode from a home screen "on deck" widget that THE PROBLEM happens. (so everything works as normal when going through the tv library. ( And movies work both ways)

With amber 3.2.92 and tmbdhelper 2.4.36 it is the same as above. ( i didn't realise this before )

With amber 3.2.94 and tmbdhelper 2.4.36 neither movies or tv shows will play whether you select them from the home screen "on deck" widget or from the main library.

I'm not sure how to do the debug log thing sorry, maybe you can reproduce the problem now though ?

@treboR2Robert , thank you for your further testing and additional info.  I will look at the code and see what is going on with the widgets.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @treboR2Robert , @Cyberdom , I found the issue.  It seems the plugins you are using for the home widget do not set a folderpath for the item.  I found a workaround for this, which seems to work well.  I will include the fix in the next skin update, which should be in the next few days.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - treboR2Robert - 2020-06-24

(2020-06-23, 23:39)bsoriano Wrote:

@treboR2Robert , thank you for your further testing and additional info.  I will look at the code and see what is going on with the widgets.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @treboR2Robert , @Cyberdom , I found the issue.  It seems the plugins you are using for the home widget do not set a folderpath for the item.  I found a workaround for this, which seems to work well.  I will include the fix in the next skin update, which should be in the next few days.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Cool Cool

Thanks Bart Smile

If you want me to test a version from git let me know.

EDIT : maybe i should have also mentioned that I have been using the direct paths option in PlexKodiConnect recently, not sure if that would have made a difference.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-06-24

(2020-06-24, 00:37)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2020-06-23, 23:39)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Cool Cool

Thanks Bart Smile

@treboR2Robert , sure, go ahead, the fix is already on Git, Leia branch.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Movie Set AB Context Error - crazyhands911 - 2020-06-24

(2020-06-23, 22:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 19:17)crazyhands911 Wrote: @bsoriano 

I had this posted in the Artwork Beef thread, but the issue was found to be with the Amber skin AB context items specifically, so i thought I would post a link for reference for others.
Essentially, AB context items appear 3 places and 2 of the 3 places has an issue with changing the artwork for Movie Sets specifically. They seem to work fine for everything but Movie Sets.  So hopefully you can take a look at the code and see what is missing from the easily accessed context item and update it to mirror the one that works correctly under "Manage" and remove the redundant item that also does not work for Movie Sets. The link below has images etc. to clarify further.

Movie Set AB Context Error
@crazyhands911 , I found the issue.  The context menu items were not working for sets or episodes.  I have fixed that.  If you are willing to download from GitHub, the changes are already on the Leia branch of the skin.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano   What exactly was the fix? I still show 3.2.94 after the update from GitHub. The duplicated items are still there if the AB Context Items are enabled and still give the error.  If I disable the AB Context items, then the first set is no longer available and I must go into "Manage" to access AB's artwork selector.  If I do, then AB: Add Missing Artwork and AB: Select Artwork options are available. The Select Artwork that still appears is the correct one and I can properly select Movie Set Artwork with it. I just wasn't sure if you fixed the duplicate under "Manage" or if you thought you had the original AB context items working properly. Please advise.

RE: Movie Set AB Context Error - bsoriano - 2020-06-24

(2020-06-24, 00:54)crazyhands911 Wrote:
(2020-06-23, 22:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 19:17)crazyhands911 Wrote: @bsoriano 

I had this posted in the Artwork Beef thread, but the issue was found to be with the Amber skin AB context items specifically, so i thought I would post a link for reference for others.
Essentially, AB context items appear 3 places and 2 of the 3 places has an issue with changing the artwork for Movie Sets specifically. They seem to work fine for everything but Movie Sets.  So hopefully you can take a look at the code and see what is missing from the easily accessed context item and update it to mirror the one that works correctly under "Manage" and remove the redundant item that also does not work for Movie Sets. The link below has images etc. to clarify further.

Movie Set AB Context Error
@crazyhands911 , I found the issue.  The context menu items were not working for sets or episodes.  I have fixed that.  If you are willing to download from GitHub, the changes are already on the Leia branch of the skin.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano   What exactly was the fix? I still show 3.2.94 after the update from GitHub. The duplicated items are still there if the AB Context Items are enabled and still give the error.  If I disable the AB Context items, then the first set is no longer available and I must go into "Manage" to access AB's artwork selector.  If I do, then AB: Add Missing Artwork and AB: Select Artwork options are available. The Select Artwork that still appears is the correct one and I can properly select Movie Set Artwork with it. I just wasn't sure if you fixed the duplicate under "Manage" or if you thought you had the original AB context items working properly. Please advise.
@crazyhands911 , as I mentioned before, the duplicates are there if you enable the skin setting to show AB items in the context menu, and I do not have a way to know (as far as I know) which context menu is being shown from the skin side, so I don't know how to hide them in the "Manage" context menu.

What I did fix is that the AB context menu items provided by Amber now should work for both sets and episodes.  The code I had before did not contemplate sets or episodes.  The version number has not changed yet, I will increase it when I push the next update to the Amber repos.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-06-24, 00:39)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 00:37)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2020-06-23, 23:39)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , thank you for your further testing and additional info.  I will look at the code and see what is going on with the widgets.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

Cool Cool

Thanks Bart Smile

@treboR2Robert , sure, go ahead, the fix is already on Git, Leia branch.

Regards,

Bart

Workaround seems to be working, thank you sir.

It does seem to be doing something else weird now though.
When I click on an episode from the widget, the info dialog page comes up and the info at the top right ( director, writer, genre etc... ) all seem to do some weird shuffle 2 or 3 times.

Again this only happens when going through the widget, going through the main library it acts normal.

At least the episode plays now though.

And once again thanks for your quick work Bart Smile

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-06-24

Thank you @treboR2Robert for your feedback.

(2020-06-23, 23:12)treboR2Robert Wrote: It would be interesting to know if @Cyberdom is also using PlexKodiConnect ?
No, I don't use PlexKodiConnect.

(2020-06-24, 11:06)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you @treboR2Robert for your feedback.

(2020-06-23, 23:12)treboR2Robert Wrote: It would be interesting to know if @Cyberdom is also using PlexKodiConnect ?

So I take it your trouble was also only with a widget ?

If so what widget was it ?

I asked if you were using PKC because the widget I was having trouble with was a PKC widget (on deck).

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-06-24

(2020-06-24, 17:27)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 11:06)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you @treboR2Robert for your feedback.

So I take it your trouble was also only with a widget ?

If so what widget was it ?

I asked if you were using PKC because the widget I was having trouble with was a PKC widget (on deck).    
For my part, the problem is with the play button in the video info window.
I think it's because I'm using version 2.4.36 of TheMovieDb Helper. I await its update on the Kodi repository.

I don't use a widget.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-06-24

Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.95 (Leia) and 3.3.95 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

The main change, aside from miscellaneous fixes is:

Low position for Shelves for Horizontal Menu.  Amber now supports showing the shelves closer to the main menu for the horizontal menu.  In this way, more of the background can be seen.  Please note that the change is really noticeable only if you use single row shelves.  You will now see a new option when configuring shelves (when the horizontal menu is active):

When you click on that option, you get the following choices:

If you choose Low, the shelves will look like this (one-row shelf shown.  Two and three row shelves not affected):

Please download/update, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-06-24

(2020-06-24, 22:52)bsoriano Wrote: Low position for Shelves for Horizontal Menu. 
This is an awesome addition to the skin. Thanks Bart. I am going to test it out.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-06-25

(2020-06-24, 22:52)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.95 (Leia) and 3.3.95 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

Low position for Shelves for Horizontal Menu.  Amber now supports showing the shelves closer to the main menu for the horizontal menu.  In this way, more of the background can be seen.  Please note that the change is really noticeable only if you use single row shelves.  You will now see a new option when configuring shelves (when the horizontal menu is active):
Thank you @bsoriano for this new function.

It had been one of my wishes for several months :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=2853976#pid2853976

Here are the French translations for this new function :
"Shelves position" : "Position des étagères"
"Standard" : "Standard"
"Low" : "Bas"

"Horizontal shelves position" : "Position des étagères horizontales"
In the window where you can choose the shelves position, "Standard" or "Low", I have the title "Shelves position" instead of "Horizontal shelves position".

If there are other elements to translate, you can send them to me in PM.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-06-26

(2020-06-25, 17:57)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 22:52)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Thank you @bsoriano for this new function.

It had been one of my wishes for several months :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=2853976#pid2853976

Here are the French translations for this new function :
"Shelves position" : "Position des étagères"
"Standard" : "Standard"

"Horizontal shelves position" : "Position des étagères horizontales"
In the window where you can choose the shelves position, "Standard" or "Low", I have the title "Shelves position" instead of "Horizontal shelves position".

If there are other elements to translate, you can send them to me in PM.
@Cyberdom , my apologies it took so long to get to this feature request.

I PM'ed you a few strings that need translation, which should cover everything including the upcoming version.

As for "Standard" and "Low", these come from the Kodi main strings, so the translation needs to come from Kodi itself.  Please let me know if they are not translated, and I will make strings in Amber so that I can include your translations.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-06-26

(2020-06-26, 18:53)bsoriano Wrote: I PM'ed you a few strings that need translation, which should cover everything including the upcoming version.
Thank you @bsoriano.

(2020-06-26, 18:53)bsoriano Wrote: As for "Standard" and "Low", these come from the Kodi main strings, so the translation needs to come from Kodi itself.  Please let me know if they are not translated, and I will make strings in Amber so that I can include your translations.  Thanks.
In this window, "Standard" and "Low" are in English.
The French translations are :
"Standard" : "Standard"

In this window, the elements are already translated into French by kodi I think.