Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-02

(2020-07-02, 22:29)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 18:41)zorg2000k Wrote: @bsoriano many thanks

@zorg2000k , you can already download again from GitHub, Leia branch.  This is what it looks like now:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Looks great, working fine here as per screenshot;

One wee thing to note, when selecting the back option in album view the Genre text is shown, as per screen
@zorg2000k , thanks for catching that! I will fix in a little while.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - zorg2000k - 2020-07-02

(2020-07-02, 22:34)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 22:29)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , you can already download again from GitHub, Leia branch.  This is what it looks like now:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Looks great, working fine here as per screenshot;

One wee thing to note, when selecting the back option in album view the Genre text is shown, as per screen

Regards,

Bart

Thanks

One thing, Would there be away to update the colour for the formed and born on the Artist page to match the Release and Genre colour ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-03

(2020-07-02, 23:32)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 22:34)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 22:29)zorg2000k Wrote: Looks great, working fine here as per screenshot;

Regards,

Bart

Thanks

One thing, Would there be away to update the colour for the formed and born on the Artist page to match the Release and Genre colour ?

Of course, that makes sense also, thanks. I will add that as well.

Regards,

Bart

Hello all,

A few hours ago I uploaded versions 3.2.96 (Leia) and 3.3.96 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

The main change in this version is:

Provide Artwork Options for Shelves.  Amber now allows you to decide, for all dynamic shelves, whether you would like to show poster or square artwork.  I know those are just the same ones I am offering now, but this is a big change for me, so other artwork types will follow over the next few weeks.  So, now Amber does not decide the artwork type based on content for dynamic shelves, you decide.  For example, you could now have poster for music videos (@shedrock Smile), which before were only shown as square, or you could have square for tv shows or episodes, which were only shown as poster before.

The option looks like this when you are configuring a shelf:

And when you choose this, you will be presented with these options:

For poster, as you can see from the first screenshot, you can also choose to show a label on the poster (this was not possible before, Amber only showed a label on a poster for episodes or people).

I understand this seems simple, but believe me, it is not.  This was a very big change for me, so I would appreciate it if you test thoroughly and let me know of any bugs you find.  

What does the end result look like? Here are some examples:

1. TV Shows showing a label on the poster

2.  TV Shows showing as square

3.  Music Videos showing as poster, with and without label

You might be wondering what are dynamic shelves.  Well, those are all the shelves except the following:

- Default Shelves, Episodes, Recommended Episodes (uses service.skin.widgets)
- Default Shelves, Episodes, Next Aired (uses script.tv.show.next.aired)
- Default Shelves, System Info
- Default Shelves, Favourite Addons
- Default Shelves, Weather (both daily and hourly)

For these static content shelves, Amber will continue to choose the artwork type for you.  It does not make sense to have different artwork types for these (with the exception of Next Aired, which I will evaluate further on).

I will be adding other artwork types over the next few weeks.  If there is an artwork type that you would really like me to support in the shelves, please let me know.

As always, thank you very much for your support and your continued use of Amber.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix / firestick mouse issue - derrgoo123 - 2020-07-03

(2020-07-01, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 18:13)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 12:52)bsoriano Wrote: @derrgoo123, can you please let me know the exact steps you are taking to get to this point? I cannot reproduce this issue. What Kodi version and OS are you using?

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

I am on Kodi 18.7 Android. My device is a firestick 4K.

I have a VOD service which has a kodi add on. I separate my 24/7 shows by adding them to favorites. When I play from favorites the video controls don’t illuminate which shows in the video. I must use a mouse to get them to show up to stop the video.

Thanks,
Derrgoo
@derrgoo123 , my apologies, I still cannot reproduce this issue.  If I play a tv show, from a VOD service (I tried with Netflix), that I added to favourites, the controls are working fine.  I tried by going to the Favourites menu item, moving to the show, pressing Enter on it, then pressing Enter on an episode to play it.  If I press M while playing the episode, the OSD controls show up, with Pause highlighted.  Even if I move the mouse, which makes it so that no controls are highlighted, I can press any key (Up, Down, Enter, a letter other than X which stops the episode, etc.), and the controls are highlighted correctly.

I really don't know what could be causing the issue in your setup.  Please send me a debug log of when the issue happens, to see if there is anything in the log that might give me a clue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - derrgoo123 - 2020-07-03

Hi Bart,

Have good news to report. I downloaded your repo and installed it and updated my Amber skin to recent version and now favourite controls work perfect! It may need a push to Kodi repo to update this bug. Now all working perfectly.

Another question I had was in the favourite tab I pulled a widget but I notice no controls to change the view modes. It appears Favourite only has a standard Icon showing. Can we add other views?

Thank you,
Derrgoo

(2020-07-03, 02:29)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

A few hours ago I uploaded versions 3.2.96 (Leia) and 3.3.96 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

Provide Artwork Options for Shelves.  Amber now allows you to decide, for all dynamic shelves, whether you would like to show poster or square artwork.  I know those are just the same ones I am offering now, but this is a big change for me, so other artwork types will follow over the next few weeks.  So, now Amber does not decide the artwork type based on content for dynamic shelves, you decide.  For example, you could now have poster for music videos (@shedrock Smile), which before were only shown as square, or you could have square for tv shows or episodes, which were only shown as poster before.

For poster, as you can see from the first screenshot, you can also choose to show a label on the poster (this was not possible before, Amber only showed a label on a poster for episodes or people).

I understand this seems simple, but believe me, it is not.  This was a very big change for me, so I would appreciate it if you test thoroughly and let me know of any bugs you find.  

You might be wondering what are dynamic shelves.  Well, those are all the shelves except the following:

For these static content shelves, Amber will continue to choose the artwork type for you.  It does not make sense to have different artwork types for these (with the exception of Next Aired, which I will evaluate further on).

I will be adding other artwork types over the next few weeks.  If there is an artwork type that you would really like me to support in the shelves, please let me know.

As always, thank you very much for your support and your continued use of Amber.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Looks great and very useful additions. I wasn't able to get the number of remaining episodes to show up like you show with the circled number? Mine only show on the list view in the main menu but not in the widget it self. How do you turn that on or is that pulling from your library?

Also, the dot showing on unwatched watchlist shows?

Thank you,
Derrgoo

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Edworld - 2020-07-03

I can't get the extrafanart to display. What setting am I missing?

(2020-07-03, 02:29)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Looks great and very useful additions. I wasn't able to get the number of remaining episodes to show up like you show with the circled number? Mine only show on the list view in the main menu but not in the widget it self. How do you turn that on or is that pulling from your library?

Also, the dot showing on unwatched watchlist shows?

P.S I went to change Favourites and add ons widgets to be a square and came back with error that was unable to build menu. All others worked. 

Thank you,
Derrgoo

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - zorg2000k - 2020-07-03

(2020-07-03, 00:14)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 23:32)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 22:34)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , thanks for catching that! I will fix in a little while.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks

Of course, that makes sense also, thanks. I will add that as well.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks, let me know when you've uploaded and I'll test, many thanks

Also the other updates area great addition , congrats

May have found a wee bug,

I have a Smart Playlist set up for DTS audio albums which I then set as a favourite and great a main screen enter, when I change the shelf artwork type to Square (Poster works fine) I get the following error when it try's to rebuild

Error from my log :
2020-07-03 11:49:22.189 T:18168   ERROR: NameNotDefined: 'type2' is not defined for expression ''56' if (artwork1 in 'Square') and (type1 in 'movies' or type1 in 'tvshows' or type1 in 'episodes' or type2 in 'musicvideos') else '45' if (triple1 in 'true' and triplelarge in 'false') else '65' if (triple1 in 'true' and triplelarge in 'true') else '74''

(2020-07-03, 12:55)zorg2000k Wrote: May have found a wee bug,

I have a Smart Playlist set up for DTS audio albums which I then set as a favourite and great a main screen enter, when I change the shelf artwork type to Square (Poster works fine) I get the following error when it try's to rebuild

Error from my log :
2020-07-03 11:49:22.189 T:18168   ERROR: NameNotDefined: 'type2' is not defined for expression ''56' if (artwork1 in 'Square') and (type1 in 'movies' or type1 in 'tvshows' or type1 in 'episodes' or type2 in 'musicvideos') else '45' if (triple1 in 'true' and triplelarge in 'false') else '65' if (triple1 in 'true' and triplelarge in 'true') else '74''

Yes same I posted above when changing favorites widget to square skin won’t build.

(2020-07-03, 13:15)derrgoo123 Wrote:

Error from my log :

Yes same I posted above when changing favorites widget to square skin won’t build.
Good to know its not my build, Thanks

(2020-07-03, 13:15)derrgoo123 Wrote:

Error from my log :

Thanks for pointing out this issue! I will solve today.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-03, 05:05)derrgoo123 Wrote: Hi Bart,

Have good news to report. I downloaded your repo and installed it and updated my Amber skin to recent version and now favourite controls work perfect! It may need a push to Kodi repo to update this bug. Now all working perfectly.

Another question I had was in the favourite tab I pulled a widget but I notice no controls to change the view modes. It appears Favourite only has a standard Icon showing. Can we add other views?

Thank you,
Derrgoo
@derrgoo123, great news about the controls, thanks for reporting. I will look into Favorites dialog, I don't think that the addon that manages that (script.favourites) allows changing the view type.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @derrgoo123 , I verified, and you cannot change the view type for the Favourites dialog.  This is a Kodi/script limitation.