Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jimclarke020 - 2020-07-11

(2020-07-09, 23:34)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-06, 17:17)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-06, 13:55)jimclarke020 Wrote: Hello Bart

First image shows the media playing. The title is stalled, trying to move. It moves fractionally and goes back to the start constantly.

As you can see on the second image the media is paused and the full title is scrolling fine.

This is the official Radio add-on, but it happens with all media that has a long title.

Hope you can fix this and thanks again

Jim
@jimclarke020 , thanks for the screenshots.  I will fix this in the next update.  It will look slightly different, but the label will scroll (when the name is really long), whether media is playing or paused.

Regards,

Bart
@jimclarke020 , please test version 3.2.98.  This should be fixed.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Bart
That's scrolling fine now. Stops scrolling after about 3 minutes though. Is this a deliberate feature? It's not a problem for me, because the text is completely still and not constantly trying to move like it was before the fix.
Thanks again.
Jim

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-11

(2020-07-11, 02:20)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 01:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 00:26)shedrock Wrote:  

@shedrock, thank you for the video. It seems I misunderstood what label you wanted to scroll. The new option affects the label that appears on the poster itself, not the label at the top. So, I see that the label scrolls, which is standard behavior that I have not changed. Do you want an option for that top label to not scroll? Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

If it's not too much trouble to do, then that's fine. If it is, then I am okay with that also. I really feel bad that you had to add all that code for that feature. I apologize for that. Sad

Thank you so much,

Shedrock
@shedrock , no worries! I changed the behavior of the option to enable/disable scrolling of the widget title at the top.  Please be advised that scrolling is now off by default.  If you want the label to scroll, you need to enable the option.

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please download, test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-11, 13:59)jimclarke020 Wrote:
(2020-07-09, 23:34)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-06, 17:17)bsoriano Wrote: @jimclarke020 , thanks for the screenshots.  I will fix this in the next update.  It will look slightly different, but the label will scroll (when the name is really long), whether media is playing or paused.

Regards,

Bart
@jimclarke020 , please test version 3.2.98.  This should be fixed.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Bart
That's scrolling fine now. Stops scrolling after about 3 minutes though. Is this a deliberate feature? It's not a problem for me, because the text is completely still and not constantly trying to move like it was before the fix.
Thanks again.
Jim
@jimclarke020 , that is not deliberate on my part, Kodi does that and I cannot change it.  Thanks for confirming that the scrolling is working now.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-10, 21:05)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-07-09, 23:33)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-05, 21:15)Cyberdom Wrote: With version 3.2.97 of Amber, I just noticed a defect in using the PVR with the logos of TV channels in the shelf of TV recordings.
Before, the logo of a TV channel was displayed correctly :

Now, the logo is cropped even when choosing the display in square mode :

@bsoriano can you rectify this in the next update so that the TV channel logos are displayed correctly in the shelf of TV recordings ?

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , please test version 3.2.98.  This should be fixed.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano.

The TV channel logos are displayed correctly again in the TV recordings shelf.
@Cyberdom , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart

Hello all,

As I recently finished one of the biggest changes I had pending from my 2020 To-Do list for Amber, I think it is finally time to submit the newest version to the Kodi repo. Please let me know if there is anything that you really would want to see in Amber that is not there now, so I can evaluate if I can incorporate that before submitting a new version to the Kodi repo. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-07-11

(2020-07-11, 17:37)bsoriano Wrote:
@shedrock , no worries! I changed the behavior of the option to enable/disable scrolling of the widget title at the top.  Please be advised that scrolling is now off by default.  If you want the label to scroll, you need to enable the option.

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please download, test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart. It appears to be working great. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Shedrock

(2020-07-11, 22:21)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 17:37)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart. It appears to be working great. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Shedrock

Thanks for confirming!

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-07-12

(2020-07-11, 22:21)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

As I recently finished one of the biggest changes I had pending from my 2020 To-Do list for Amber, I think it is finally time to submit the newest version to the Kodi repo. Please let me know if there is anything that you really would want to see in Amber that is not there now, so I can evaluate if I can incorporate that before submitting a new version to the Kodi repo. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Maybe not now, but somewhere down the road it would be great to have an option for the widgets to scroll. Eminence 2 has this feature and it looks awesome. Sualfred adapted it to his older skins as well.

Hi again Bart,

Have a look at the screenshot below. The sub-menu Embuary helper for playlist backgrounds" option is not functional. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-12

(2020-07-12, 00:01)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 22:21)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Regards,

Bart
Maybe not now, but somewhere down the road it would be great to have an option for the widgets to scroll. Eminence 2 has this feature and it looks awesome. Sualfred adapted it to his older skins as well.

@shedrock, do you mean that the widgets scroll automatically after a set amount of time? If so, I will need to look at how it is done and see if I can adapt it for Amber. Thanks for bringing this up.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-12, 00:05)shedrock Wrote: Hi again Bart,

Have a look at the screenshot below. The sub-menu Embuary helper for playlist backgrounds" option is not functional. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Shedrock

@shedrock, no, it should work if you have embuary helper active. I will investigate.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-12, 00:56)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, no, it should work if you have embuary helper active. I will investigate.

Regards,

Bart
No problem Bart. It seems to be working everywhere else, except for the sub menus, so I guess it's safe to say there may be an issue then.

Shedrock

(2020-07-12, 00:55)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, do you mean that the widgets scroll automatically after a set amount of time? If so, I will need to look at how it is done and see if I can adapt it for Amber. Thanks for bringing this up.

Regards,

Bart
Yes, the reason I think it's a great idea is because you don't have to scroll through the widgets. It may be difficult to implement with 2 or 3 shelves, or maybe, and that's if it's doable, have it scroll 1 set of widgets. For example:

Shelf 1 (top) scroll
Shelf 2 (middle) no scroll
Shelf 3 (bottom) no scroll,or pick oen of them that you want to scrolly after a set time. It would be very confusing to have more than one shelf scrolling. Nod

I have a feeling this would be easier to implement if you're using the 1 shelf option which would be set to Low instead of Standard. Then again, I could be wrong. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock

(2020-07-12, 01:13)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 00:55)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, do you mean that the widgets scroll automatically after a set amount of time? If so, I will need to look at how it is done and see if I can adapt it for Amber. Thanks for bringing this up.

Regards,

Bart
Yes, the reason I think it's a great idea is because you don't have to scroll through the widgets. It may be difficult to implement with 2 or 3 shelves, or maybe, and that's if it's doable, have it scroll 1 set of widgets. For example:

Shelf 1 (top) scroll
Shelf 2 (middle) no scroll
Shelf 3 (bottom) no scroll,or pick oen of them that you want to scrolly after a set time. It would be very confusing to have more than one shelf scrolling. Nod

I have a feeling this would be easier to implement if you're using the 1 shelf option which would be set to Low instead of Standard. Then again, I could be wrong. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for the additional info.  I investigated how to do this, and it can be done, but only for 1 row shelves.  The reason is that autoscroll does not work for panel containers, which are the ones that can display multiple rows of data.  So I could do it, even if you have two shelves together, or three shelves together, since each shelf is a one row container (that I would change to be a wraplist instead of a panel if the option is activated).

I can certainly implement this on a per-widget basis, so that you decide whether to have a shelf autoscroll or not, and I would provide a certain number of intervals.  What time options do you think would be appropriate? I was thinking 5, 10, 20, 30 and 60 seconds.  What do you think?

With the one-row shelf limitation (Amber would only show the option if the shelf is one row), is this still something you would like to see? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-12, 01:37)bsoriano Wrote: I can certainly implement this on a per-widget basis, so that you decide whether to have a shelf autoscroll or not, and I would provide a certain number of intervals.  What time options do you think would be appropriate? I was thinking 5, 10, 20, 30 and 60 seconds.  What do you think?

With the one-row shelf limitation (Amber would only show the option if the shelf is one row), is this still something you would like to see? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I prefer the 1st method you mentioned, as well as the time intervals. That would be so awesome! Ignore the one row shelf limitation. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock