Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-07-17

@bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

I reverted back to the previous scrolling method in the template.xml file. I prefer the time offset between each shelve. When they are all in sync, for example in my case, I have 3 shelves and it looks weird all 3 scrolling at the same time. It is less confusing when they move independent from each other. Maybe it may be too much work to implement, and I don't know for certain, but what about adding an option for a time differential between each scrolling shelve?

Thanks,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-17

(2020-07-17, 00:06)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

I reverted back to the previous scrolling method in the template.xml file. I prefer the time offset between each shelve. When they are all in sync, for example in my case, I have 3 shelves and it looks weird all 3 scrolling at the same time. It is less confusing when they move independent from each other. Maybe it may be too much work to implement, and I don't know for certain, but what about adding an option for a time differential between each scrolling shelve?

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , I understand your point.  It has looked weird to me too during testing.  I will think about how to implement it so that the interval is not the same for all three shelves.  Right now I am immersed in getting the feature working and looking good for all shelves scenarios, and there are quite a lot of them! It's been a bit of a pain to get the spacing correct between widgets and the correct background height and position. It's a problem of my own doing, since banner and clear logo shelves are shown as two rows at their largest size, and panels (multi row containers) do not auto scroll.

Anyhow, it will take me at least a couple more days to get through all that, and then I will look into implementing different intervals for the shelves.

What would you think about just selecting different autoscroll times for each shelf? I can add more options (say 8 seconds, 9 seconds besides 7 seconds), so that you can choose 7 for one, 8 for the second one and 9 for the third, and that way they are not in sync, but they are not too far from each other in terms of scrolling.  Please let me know if this option would suit you, since it would be way easier to implement.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-17, 01:04)bsoriano Wrote:  
Quote:What would you think about just selecting different autoscroll times for each shelf? I can add more options (say 8 seconds, 9 seconds besides 7 seconds), so that you can choose 7 for one, 8 for the second one and 9 for the third, and that way they are not in sync, but they are not too far from each other in terms of scrolling.  Please let me know if this option would suit you, since it would be way easier to implement.

The above idea is actually a perfect solution, and that's actually what I was trying to convey. Big Grin

Thanks Bart,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-17

(2020-07-17, 01:10)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-07-17, 01:04)bsoriano Wrote:  
Quote:What would you think about just selecting different autoscroll times for each shelf? I can add more options (say 8 seconds, 9 seconds besides 7 seconds), so that you can choose 7 for one, 8 for the second one and 9 for the third, and that way they are not in sync, but they are not too far from each other in terms of scrolling.  Please let me know if this option would suit you, since it would be way easier to implement.

The above idea is actually a perfect solution, and that's actually what I was trying to convey. Big Grin

Thanks Bart,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for your feedback.  I already uploaded the change to GitHub.  Now you can choose 7,8,9,10,11,12,15,20,30, and 60 seconds as the autoscroll interval.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano - Thanks Bart. I'll check it out as soon as I get home from work and report back.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-07-18

@bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

I believe I've found a bug. If there is only one tv show episode airing today, then I get multiple instances of that episode since the scrolling shelves have been implemented. Here is a screenshot.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-19

(2020-07-18, 23:40)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

I believe I've found a bug. If there is only one tv show episode airing today, then I get multiple instances of that episode since the scrolling shelves have been implemented. Here is a screenshot.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , that is an unfortuante consequence of changing the container type to a wraplist when autoscroll is enabled for a widget.  I just changed it on GitHub to list instead of wraplist, can you please test and let me know how it looks that way? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-07-19

(2020-07-19, 01:03)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , that is an unfortuante consequence of changing the container type to a wraplist when autoscroll is enabled for a widget.  I just changed it on GitHub to list instead of wraplist, can you please test and let me know how it looks that way? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

My PC was locking up so it appeared that the widgets weren't scrolling. Anyway, I rebooted and tested it again and it seems to be working. I am assuming the Episodes Airing Today will scroll if there is more than one tv show episode airing on that day? If so, I'll check it tomorrow and see how it goes. Sorry for the confusion. Big Grin

Shedrock

@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Okay, so here is what I discovered since your recent changes to the scrolling shelves. When I reboot my machine, the widgets load (set to 7 seconds) but they don't begin to scroll until a minute or more has gone by. Somehow the timing got mixed up with the new changes. I am a bit lost because each shelf is responding differently as far as the timing goes. Two shelves set at 7 seconds should scroll in 7 seconds, but that's not the case here.

UPDATE: I reverted back to the previous committed template.xml file, and just left the recently committed Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml and script-skinshortcuts.xml files. This seems to work as it should, but I had to turn off scrolling for the "Episodes Airing Today" widget, which is fine by me.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-19

(2020-07-19, 13:40)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Okay, so here is what I discovered since your recent changes to the scrolling shelves. When I reboot my machine, the widgets load (set to 7 seconds) but they don't begin to scroll until a minute or more has gone by. Somehow the timing got mixed up with the new changes. I am a bit lost because each shelf is responding differently as far as the timing goes. Two shelves set at 7 seconds should scroll in 7 seconds, but that's not the case here.

UPDATE: I reverted back to the previous committed template.xml file, and just left the recently committed Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml and script-skinshortcuts.xml files. This seems to work as it should, but I had to turn off scrolling for the "Episodes Airing Today" widget, which is fine by me.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock, thanks for looking at this.  I reverted back to using wraplist instead of list for autoscroll.  The timing seems to be correct in my tests.  I uploaded that change to GitHub already.  I think that it's better to have the wraplist and have some repeated items if the widget has very few items and you want to autoscroll.  As you mentioned, it might not be very useful anyway to autoscroll a widget if you can see all of the items at the same time on the screen.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-19, 22:00)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, thanks for looking at this.  I reverted back to using wraplist instead of list for autoscroll.  The timing seems to be correct in my tests.  I uploaded that change to GitHub already.  I think that it's better to have the wraplist and have some repeated items if the widget has very few items and you want to autoscroll.  As you mentioned, it might not be very useful anyway to autoscroll a widget if you can see all of the items at the same time on the screen.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart. I am up-to-date with the Repo now, and I agree. It makes no sense scrolling if you can see all of the items available.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - mmortal03 - 2020-07-22

Is there a way to remove the artwork/poster placeholder box (in green box)?

Also, at least in my situation, there's this seemingly unused strip of menu that goes all the way across and behind the artwork (in orange box). Is there a way to remove this so that more of the video can show through? Thanks!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-22

(2020-07-22, 03:27)mmortal03 Wrote: Is there a way to remove the artwork/poster placeholder box (in green box)?

Also, at least in my situation, there's this seemingly unused strip of menu that goes all the way across and behind the artwork (in orange box). Is there a way to remove this so that more of the video can show through? Thanks!

@mmortal03 , I can understand how those would not be applicable in your case, as you do not have artwork or plot for that video item.  At this time there is no option to hide those elements.  I will add to my To-Do for the skin to implement a simpler OSD as an option.  No ETA at this time, though.

My apologies that I could not be of more help right now.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-22

Hello all,

I have just uploaded versions 3.2.99 (Leia) and 3.3.99 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main change is:

Autoscroll options for shelves(widgets).  Amber now supports auto-scrolling for the shelves.  You can configure the interval.  The new option is here (it is disabled by default):

When you select that, you get the following options:

As the title of the dialog states, the times are in seconds.  

Some notes regarding auto scrolling:

- Scrolling direction is always the same (I have no control of that from the skin). The shelf items will scroll to the left.

- Atuoscrolling only works for 1 row containers in Kodi, so it will not be activated if you have selected a double row or triple row shelf.  

- The shelf container will change to a wraplist when you activate autoscrolling.  This means that if you have very few items on the shelf (all items can be seen at the same time on the screen), you might see repeated items.  I think this is a very small inconvenience.  In my mind, it does not make much sense to activate autoscrolling for a shelf where you can already see all items on the screen at the same time.

- Amber shows at a minimum two rows of items when you choose Banner or Clear Logo as the artwork type for a shelf.  The skin will now change that to be just one row if you activate autoscrolling.  It looks like this for banner:

And like this for clearlogo:

This was another big change, and I had to adjust/rework the positioning of all shelf types, so please test thoroughly and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - TheRealDeadMan - 2020-07-23

Was stopping in to say that the latest Milhouse Kodi 19 release broke the Amber install - completely disabling it this time.

But found the updated skin.shortcuts-1.1.2.zip from the Matrix addons repo/directory (or what ever it is called) and had the updated Amber 3.3.99 (Matrix) back up and running in no time.

Thanks for the continued updates.