Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-08-13

(2020-08-12, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: I don't think that the skin automatically will pick up that the video file has changed quality/resolution.  Did you refresh the item? I think that is when the flag would change.  I am not sure, maybe not even then, unless you use the local nfo scraper and you have updated the episode's nfo to reflect the quality change.  If that is not your case, I think you have to play the item, so that Kodi can analyze the media and detect that there is a different quality/resolution/codec.
Aeon Nox SiLVO as well as all the other skins that I use pick it up. I refreshed the series but it does not change, which is strange actually. All my BluRay TV show episodes show either HD720 or HD1080. I just checked The Blacklist which is 1080p BluRay DTS-Master but yet it is displaying it as HD1080. I also checked again in SiLVO and it displays everything correctly, so that leads me to believe that there is an issue with Amber, and how it is reading the info. Both Windows and LibreELEC I have the problem with, only with Amber.

BTW, I don't use NFO files.

(2020-08-12, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: As for the second case, I was not planning on changing that image, since it is the image shown when any widget does not have items, not just the next aired.  I am open to suggestions on another image that I could use for that purpose, though.
Not to worry about it Bart. It's really neither here nor there. My wife just asked me why it looks like that if no episodes are airing today. In Aeon Nox it is just blank, but the problem with that is, I can't navigate to the top widget, unless I use a mouse, which is something I mentioned to mikesilvo. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it if it's too much to get in to.
Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-08-13

(2020-08-13, 00:03)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-08-12, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: I don't think that the skin automatically will pick up that the video file has changed quality/resolution.  Did you refresh the item? I think that is when the flag would change.  I am not sure, maybe not even then, unless you use the local nfo scraper and you have updated the episode's nfo to reflect the quality change.  If that is not your case, I think you have to play the item, so that Kodi can analyze the media and detect that there is a different quality/resolution/codec.
Aeon Nox SiLVO as well as all the other skins that I use pick it up. I refreshed the series but it does not change, which is strange actually. I think the problem is the image that you're using. All my BluRay TV show episodes show either HD720 or HD1080. I just checked The Blacklist which is 1080p BluRay DTS-Master but yet it is displaying it as HD1080. I also checked again in SiLVO and it displays everything correctly, so that leads me to believe that there is an issue with Amber. and how it is reading the info. Both Windows and LibreELEC I have the problem with, only with Amber.
(2020-08-12, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: As for the second case, I was not planning on changing that image, since it is the image shown when any widget does not have items, not just the next aired.  I am open to suggestions on another image that I could use for that purpose, though.
Not to worry about it Bart. It's really neither here nor there. My wife just asked me why it looks like that if no episodes are airing today. In Aeon Nox it is just blank, but the problem with that is, I can't navigate to the top widget, unless I use a mouse, which is something I mentioned to mikesilvo. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it if it's too much to get in to.
Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood the issue.  You are correct, there is no flag in Amber that indicates whether a video file is a blu-ray or other source.  It is very doable to add this, my problem is with the creation of the flags themselves (I am horrible at graphic design).  I will add this to my to-do.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-08-13, 00:09)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood the issue.  You are correct, there is no flag in Amber that indicates whether a video file is a blu-ray or other source.  It is very doable to add this, my problem is with the creation of the flags themselves (I am horrible at graphic design).  I will add this to my to-do.

Regards,

Bart
No problem Bart. Glad you can resolve it at some point. Big Grin

As for the graphics, maybe if you make a post some members can help out in that area. I think manfeed may be able to lend a hand. He does some awesome graphic work, as well as chrissix. Just a thought. I can also lend a hand if you can get your hands on some of the PSD files.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-08-13

(2020-08-13, 00:11)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-08-13, 00:09)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood the issue.  You are correct, there is no flag in Amber that indicates whether a video file is a blu-ray or other source.  It is very doable to add this, my problem is with the creation of the flags themselves (I am horrible at graphic design).  I will add this to my to-do.

Regards,

Bart
@shedrock , just to be sure we are on the same page, could you post a screenshot of SilVo or another skin showing the same episode, so that I can see the difference in the flags between Amber and another skin? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-08-13, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-08-13, 00:11)shedrock Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
@shedrock , just to be sure we are on the same page, could you post a screenshot of SilVo or another skin showing the same episode, so that I can see the difference in the flags between Amber and another skin? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bart, I swear this was not working. I just switched skins form Aeon Nox back to Amber, and now it seems to be working correctly. That is really strange. Maybe if I switch skins then I probably have to reboot. I will check it a few more times and report back to you.

UPDATE: Bart, I have to reboot the machine each time I change the skin or else those graphics don't display properly. That's just odd, but that appears to be the issue. I've checked it 3 times and there is absolutely nothing wrong with Amber. What's weird though is that if I am using Amber and switch to SiLVO it works, but not the other way around.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Raitsa - 2020-08-20

I have some trouble with the automatic menu building with the Amber master from today.
Nvidia Shield 2017 + Kodi Matrix from today 20.8.2020.
Here is the log https://paste.kodi.tv/avayociwit

Hopefully this is of some use.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-08-20

(2020-08-20, 19:58)Raitsa Wrote: I have some trouble with the automatic menu building with the Amber master from today.
Nvidia Shield 2017 + Kodi Matrix from today 20.8.2020.
Here is the log https://paste.kodi.tv/avayociwit

Hopefully this is of some use.
@Raitsa , I understand that you are using Amber from GitHub, master branch, with Kodi Matrix nightly from today, August 20th.  While I have no way of testing with Android or nVidia Shield, I just tested with Amber from the master branch, with Kodi Matrix from yesterday, August 19th (the latest one available for Windows), running under Windows 10.  I do not have any errors.  From your log I see that you are running the latest version of script.skinshortcuts.  I do not know what might be the problem, and I suggest that you post the issue (and your log) in the script.skinshortcuts thread in the forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=178294).

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-08-20

(2020-08-13, 00:22)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-08-13, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-08-13, 00:11)shedrock Wrote: No problem Bart. Glad you can resolve it at some point. Big Grin

Regards,

Bart
Bart, I swear this was not working. I just switched skins form Aeon Nox back to Amber, and now it seems to be working correctly. That is really strange. Maybe if I switch skins then I probably have to reboot. I will check it a few more times and report back to you.

UPDATE: Bart, I have to reboot the machine each time I change the skin or else those graphics don't display properly. That's just odd, but that appears to be the issue. I've checked it 3 times and there is absolutely nothing wrong with Amber. What's weird though is that if I am using Amber and switch to SiLVO it works, but not the other way around.

Shedrock
@shedrock , weird indeed.  I am sorry I do not know what the issue might be.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-08-21

(2020-08-20, 21:22)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , weird indeed.  I am sorry I do not know what the issue might be.
No problem Bart. It works whenever I reboot, so that's ok with me. Big Grin

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-08-23

@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

In TV Shows > Fanart view I believe the watched status flags are a bit off. I've attached an image for you to see.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-08-24

(2020-08-23, 15:33)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

In TV Shows > Fanart view I believe the watched status flags are a bit off. I've attached an image for you to see.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , you are correct, the flags are not placed correctly.  I will fix this in the next skin update.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - BlueScreenOfDeath - 2020-08-25

Hi,
there is a setting to prevent spoilers, but when you pause a show the description is shown.
It would be nice if in this case the description will be hidden as well.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - TheRealDeadMan - 2020-08-25

Hi Bart, @bsoriano

Just realised recently that chapter markers are no longer showing on the seek bar.
When the seek bar was at the bottom of the screen in older versions, the markers were definitely showing up.
I'm not sure if it is one of the add-ons, or if it is something else.

(images won't link for some reason, so removed the mess)

Thanks,

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-08-25

(2020-08-25, 19:33)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: Hi Bart, @bsoriano

Just realised recently that chapter markers are no longer showing on the seek bar.
When the seek bar was at the bottom of the screen in older versions, the markers were definitely showing up.
I'm not sure if it is one of the add-ons, or if it is something else.

(images won't link for some reason, so removed the mess)

Thanks,
@TheRealDeadMan , if you are talking about Amber in Matrix, you are correct, I guess in one of the updates I must have overwritten those changes.  I will fix in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-08-25

(2020-08-25, 01:05)BlueScreenOfDeath Wrote: Hi,
there is a setting to prevent spoilers, but when you pause a show the description is shown.
It would be nice if in this case the description will be hidden as well.
@BlueScreenOfDeath , thanks for your feedback.  As far as I know, when you bring up the OSD, Kodi passes to the skin the actual plot of the item, not the "* Hidden to prevent spoilers *" string, so the skin shows the actual plot in the OSD.  If you find another skin where the plot is not shown when you bring up the OSD and the setting is enabled to prevent spoilers, please let me know so I can see how it is done.  Thanks. 

You can always press i (info) when bringing up the OSD, which will hide the plot.  I will add to my to-do list to have the plot not shown by default when you bring up the OSD.

Regards,

Bart