Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2020-10-10

Yeh seems to be working on estuary

And have noticed another issue. When I setup 2nd profile and change background image on it, it uses same background image on master profile when I go back to it

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-10-10

(2020-10-10, 15:47)G0mez Wrote: Yeh seems to be working on estuary

@G0mez , thanks for checking.  I found the issue in Amber and will ifx it in the next updates.

I don't know about you, but in my very large collection I found that I do not have any thumbnail images for directors, and unfortunately when you browse directors, Kodi assigns DefaultFolder.png as the icon for the director, since it is a folder when you are browsing.  

I just found this Director Thumbnails addon: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342720 and will implement support in Amber today.  With this, now when I browse directors it looks like this:

Regards,

Bart

(2020-10-10, 15:57)G0mez Wrote: And have noticed another issue. When I setup 2nd profile and change background image on it, it uses same background image on master profile when I go back to it
@G0mez , thanks for reporting.  I will test and see if there is anything I need to change in Amber.  

Where are you seeing the same image? In the login screen? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Changed both, master and 2nd profile to estuary and back to amber and somehow that problem got solved by itself. Atleast now it aint bugging anymore even after restarted kodi and tried again. Have gif image on 2nd profile and when loaded back to master profile that gif was still showing on main menu screen, like overrided master profile settings. But, atleast it got fixed.. somehow Big Grin

Ah yes can see it shows directors as folder on estuary. Okay will try that director thumbnails addon. Thanks for help

(2020-10-10, 18:35)G0mez Wrote: Changed both, master and 2nd profile to estuary and back to amber and somehow that problem got solved by itself. Atleast now it aint bugging anymore even after restarted kodi and tried again. Have gif image on 2nd profile and when loaded back to master profile that gif was still showing on main menu screen, like overrided master profile settings. But, atleast it got fixed.. somehow Big Grin

Ah yes can see it shows directors as folder on estuary. Okay will try that director thumbnails addon. Thanks for help

@G0mez , thanks for letting me know.  I am glad it got sorted.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-10-10

(2020-10-09, 23:21)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 22:22)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 22:09)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , would you be willing to update from GitHub? I just pushed another fix to GitHub, but I do not want to commit it to the repo until I know that I really fixed the issue.  If you are comfortable with updating from GitHub, could you please download the skin from GitHub (Leia branch) and replace your skin files? And, of course, please let me know if this fixed the issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano, sorry, I prefer to continue updates from the Amber repository.
It would be nice if someone, more comfortable with updates from GitHub, could test this feature Wink .

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , that's quite all right.

I think I finally got what the problem is.  If you are running Kodi 18.7 or Kodi 18.8, you need a recent version of the addon script.skinvariables.  The one in the Kodi repo is not updated.  Please install jurialmunkey's repo (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...4-leia.zip), and update the addon from there.  The latest version of script.skinvariables is 0.2.4.  

Once you have updated to that version, please restart Kodi.  Now the change to simple list view type should work.  I just tested in LibreELEC and it works.  It was not working in LibreELEC either before I updated to the latest version of 0.2.4.  Please let me know if this does fix the issue once and for all.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the info @bsoriano.

I am indeed using Kodi 18.8. I tried to activate the addon script.skinvariables in Amber's dependencies but got a message that it could not be found.
I searched the addon with the Kodi repository but it's the same, it can't be found. There isn't even an old version.

I didn't install the jurialmunkey's repository because I prefer to continue with the Kodi and Amber repository. We will see if this addon arrives in the Kodi repository.

Anyway, for now, I don't plan to use this new view.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-10-11

@bsoriano - Hi Bart, i just wanted to mention that whenever I finish watch a YouTube video, the watched indicator does not appear, even if I mark it manually. I am quite certain this used to work in previous versions of Amber.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-10-12

(2020-10-11, 16:22)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart, i just wanted to mention that whenever I finish watch a YouTube video, the watched indicator does not appear, even if I mark it manually. I am quite certain this used to work in previous versions of Amber.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks for reporting this. I will look into it today.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-10-12

(2020-10-12, 13:14)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, thanks for reporting this. I will look into it today.
Thanks Bart.

(2020-10-12, 17:34)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-10-12, 13:14)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, thanks for reporting this. I will look into it today.
Thanks Bart.
@shedrock , I think I found and solved the issue.  This was happening when you have top right marks enabled, correct? Please confirm.  Thanks.

In any case, I uploaded the fix to GitHub for now.  Could you please test (Leia branch) and let me know if indeed the issue is fixed? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-10-12

(2020-10-12, 23:15)bsoriano Wrote: In any case, I uploaded the fix to GitHub for now.  Could you please test (Leia branch) and let me know if indeed the issue is fixed? Thanks.

Thank you Bart, it works great!

Shedrock

(2020-10-12, 23:46)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-10-12, 23:15)bsoriano Wrote: In any case, I uploaded the fix to GitHub for now.  Could you please test (Leia branch) and let me know if indeed the issue is fixed? Thanks.

Thank you Bart, it works great!

Shedrock
@shedrock , thank you for confirming.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-10-13

Hello all,

I have uploaded version 3.2.104 to GitHub (Leia) and the Amber repo for Leia.  The main changes in this version are:

1. Fix for actor images not showing when browsing . Now, if present, the actor image will be shown while browsing movies or tv shows (Movies, Browse, Actors or TV Shows, Browse, Actors).

2. Add support for Movie Director Thumbnails addon . I noticed that I did not have any thumbs for directors in my collection.  Plus, Kodi uses the default folder icon for directors when browsing, since it treats each item as a folder.  @"chrissix"  developed the Movie Director Thumbnail image resource addon, with a very significant number of director thumbnails.  You can find its thread in the forum here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342720.  With this addon installed and support added for it in Amber, it looks like this now when browsing directors for movies:

3.  Fix for top right marks not showing for video addons.   If you had top right marks enabled, they were not showing for video addons.  This has now been fixed.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - chrissix666 - 2020-10-13

(2020-10-13, 00:10)bsoriano Wrote: 2. Add support for Movie Director Thumbnails addon . I noticed that I did not have any thumbs for directors in my collection.  Plus, Kodi uses the default folder icon for directors when browsing, since it treats each item as a folder.  @chrissix  developed the Movie Director Thumbnail image resource addon, with a very significant number of director thumbnails.  You can find its thread in the forum here: 342720 (thread).  With this addon installed and support added for it in Amber, it looks like this now when browsing directors for movies:
Great thanks for implementing my provisionally solution for Director Thumbs!  Cool
I know it is niche and the solution is not perfect. Currently, it's the only solution i've found to get Director Thumbs local on the fly & without webhelper scripts.

Much appreciate if the Kodi Team would implement it in future kodi in some kind the actors thumbnails was implemented.