Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-10

Thank you all that have provided feedback on the default startup menu position functionality . I am still looking for ways to make this work without the "quirks". It might take longer than I anticipated, so this evening I will add an option to disable the functionality (for the time being). I will edit this post when that version is on Github.

I still think this is doable, so bear with me! 😊

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - eljejer - 2019-04-10

Sure I bear with you Bart :-) Hope you find a (easy) solution for "the quirck". Regards, Leo

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-11

Well, I have not been able to find a good way of implementing the startup menu position, without having navigation issues, like how it is now, or having to rewrite the whole menu system, like the only other skin I have seen that does this.  I have decided I will not work anymore on this feature.

I will focus my efforts on rewriting the menu system using script.skinshortcuts.  For those of you that might not know, doing that means that you will be able to select what each menu option is, what each submenu option is, and the order of the menu options and submenu options for each menu option.  Also, this will allow you to decide what widgets (shelves) you want for each menu option.  I think this is the best deal in terms of customization.

This is a major change, which will task my skills quite a bit.  Given this, it will take some time, so don't expect any new updates for a while.

I apologize I could not accomplish the feature as originally planned.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - eljejer - 2019-04-11

Thanks for your effort Bart!

RE: Amber for Leia - shedrock - 2019-04-11

(2019-04-11, 17:36)bsoriano Wrote: Well, I have not been able to find a good way of implementing the startup menu position, without having navigation issues, like how it is now, or having to rewrite the whole menu system, like the only other skin I have seen that does this.  I have decided I will not work anymore on this feature.

I will focus my efforts on rewriting the menu system using script.skinshortcuts.  For those of you that might not know, doing that means that you will be able to select what each menu option is, what each submenu option is, and the order of the menu options and submenu options for each menu option.  Also, this will allow you to decide what widgets (shelves) you want for each menu option.  I think this is the best deal in terms of customization.

This is a major change, which will task my skills quite a bit.  Given this, it will take some time, so don't expect any new updates for a while.

Regards,

Bart

I thought the other skins used skin shortcuts to accomplish the menu feature. I know Refocus used it. As a matter of fact, Aeon Nox Silvo does as well. Maybe i am confusing it with Skin Helper. Either way, I appreciate all that you have done with this skin. It is still the fastest skin around. 👍

Thanks again for the effort.

Shedrock

(2019-04-11, 17:50)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 17:36)bsoriano Wrote: Well, I have not been able to find a good way of implementing the startup menu position, without having navigation issues, like how it is now, or having to rewrite the whole menu system, like the only other skin I have seen that does this.  I have decided I will not work anymore on this feature.

Regards,

Bart

I thought the under ski s used skin shortcuts to accomplish the menu feature. I know Refocus used it. As a matter of fact, Aeon Nox Silvo does as well. Maybe i am confusing it with Skin Helper. Either way, I appreciate all that you have done with this skin. It is still the fastest skin around. 👍

Thanks again for the effort.

Shedrock 
@shedrock , thank you! Smile  The skin only uses skinshortcuts for the custom home menu items, if you enable skinshortcuts in the skin settings.  If you do not enable it, the skin uses favourites for the custom home menu items.  For all of the standard items, for the submenu items, and the shelves, the skin does not use skinshortcuts.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-04-11, 17:43)eljejer Wrote: Thanks for your effort Bart!
@eljejer thank you! Smile

RE: Amber for Leia - DarrenHill - 2019-04-11

@bsoriano - as the others have said, thanks for all the time and effort Wink

One thought - as the skin looks to be stable and working well aside from the default menu point (which is a nicety anyway), would you be comfortable setting a milestone here and consider uploading what we have now (maybe without the default item choice feature at all) to the official repo?

At the moment Joe Public out there doesn't have any access to the skin under Leia as the current version in the repo is incompatible. It might be very nice to remedy that before continuing on with the longer project of the menu re-write.

(2019-04-11, 20:29)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - as the others have said, thanks for all the time and effort Wink

One thought - as the skin looks to be stable and working well aside from the default menu point (which is a nicety anyway), would you be comfortable setting a milestone here and consider uploading what we have now (maybe without the default item choice feature at all) to the official repo?

At the moment Joe Public out there doesn't have any access to the skin under Leia as the current version in the repo is incompatible. It might be very nice to remedy that before continuing on with the longer project of the menu re-write.
@DarrenHill , certainly! I had not thought about the official repo.  I will remove the functionality and re-read the info you sent me on submitting to the repo.  Any steps I need to ensure before I start? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - spudstuff - 2019-04-11

(2019-04-11, 20:51)bsoriano Wrote: I will remove the functionality and re-read the info you sent me on submitting to the repo.  Any steps I need to ensure before I start? Thanks.

Don't forget to remove your debug menu before you submit to the official repo mate.

Cheers.

(2019-04-11, 23:10)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 20:51)bsoriano Wrote: I will remove the functionality and re-read the info you sent me on submitting to the repo.  Any steps I need to ensure before I start? Thanks.

Don't forget to remove your debug menu before you submit to the official repo mate.

Cheers. 
Oops! I removed the debug grid, but left the options in the menu! I guess I will have to provide an update once the PR gets reviewed.  Thanks for the reminder @spudstuff !

(2019-04-11, 23:11)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 23:10)spudstuff Wrote:

Cheers.  
Oops! I removed the debug grid, but left the options in the menu! I guess I will have to provide an update once the PR gets reviewed.  Thanks for the reminder @spudstuff
Perhaps you can sneak in an update? @DarrenHill what do you think?

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_a_pull_request_to_an_official_addon_repository_on_GitHub

(2019-04-11, 23:15)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 23:11)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 23:10)spudstuff Wrote: Don't forget to remove your debug menu before you submit to the official repo mate.

Cheers.  
Oops! I removed the debug grid, but left the options in the menu! I guess I will have to provide an update once the PR gets reviewed.  Thanks for the reminder @spudstuff !   
Perhaps you can sneak in an update? @DarrenHill what do you think?

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_a_pull_request_to_an_official_addon_repository_on_GitHub  
I already added the changes to the pull request.  Now let's hope it passes the human review, since there are two commits!  I am doing this through SmartGit for Windows and am not too knowledgeable.

Thanks again @spudstuff and @DarrenHill .

Regards,

Bart

(2019-04-11, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote:
I already added the changes to the pull request.  Now let's hope it passes the human review, since there are two commits!  I am doing this through SmartGit for Windows and am not too knowledgeable.

Regards,

Bart

FYI they want only one commit per pull request (and you now have two). I think you will still have to follow the process on the wiki unfortunately.

Cheers.

(2019-04-11, 23:22)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart 

FYI they want only one commit per pull request (and you now have two). I think you will still have to follow the process on the wiki unfortunately.

Cheers. 
@spudstuff , should I delete the PR then and resubmit a new one?