Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-11-09

(2020-11-08, 22:22)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-11-04, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.109 (Leia) and 3.3.109 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

There is no new functionality in this version, just a few bug fixes:

2.  Fix for media flags when pressing info in full screen video.   Before, different media flags were showing when you pressed Info while viewing full screen video, vs the ones that were showing when the OSD was showing.  This has been fixed.
@bsoriano, it's okay, the flags match on the 2 views. There is just the HD flag which is displayed only on the OSD view and the video codec flag (for example H.264) which is displayed only on the info button view.

OSD view :

View of the info button :
(2020-11-05, 17:54)bsoriano Wrote: Hello!

Just a heads-up to all of you, I will not be uploading any new Leia versions of Amber for a while.  I will be concentrating on getting the Matrix version up to date with all of the skinning changes and Matrix new features.

However, if you find a bug, by all means let me know, and I will fix and release an update for Leia.

Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.

Regards,

Bart
OK, it's noted.
@Cyberdom , thanks for the further info on the flags issue.  I have found the problem and will fix in the next skin update.  It will be a few days, though, as I am working right now on the Matrix skinning changes.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-11-09

(2020-11-09, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-08, 22:22)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-11-04, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.109 (Leia) and 3.3.109 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

There is no new functionality in this version, just a few bug fixes:

2.  Fix for media flags when pressing info in full screen video.   Before, different media flags were showing when you pressed Info while viewing full screen video, vs the ones that were showing when the OSD was showing.  This has been fixed.
@bsoriano, it's okay, the flags match on the 2 views. There is just the HD flag which is displayed only on the OSD view and the video codec flag (for example H.264) which is displayed only on the info button view.

OSD view :

View of the info button :
(2020-11-05, 17:54)bsoriano Wrote: Hello!

Just a heads-up to all of you, I will not be uploading any new Leia versions of Amber for a while.  I will be concentrating on getting the Matrix version up to date with all of the skinning changes and Matrix new features.

However, if you find a bug, by all means let me know, and I will fix and release an update for Leia.

Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.

Regards,

Bart
OK, it's noted.
@Cyberdom , thanks for the further info on the flags issue.  I have found the problem and will fix in the next skin update.  It will be a few days, though, as I am working right now on the Matrix skinning changes.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks @bsoriano, I'll wait.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - zorg2000k - 2020-11-09

(2020-11-09, 19:05)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-09, 19:00)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-11-09, 18:44)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , thanks for your feedback.  In Fanart view, the fanart shown in the info panel does not change/rotate.  The fanart in the background of the view is the one that rotates if you have extrafanart.  For me, extrafanart is working in Matrix given the following:

1. I have all of the extrafanart in the same folder as the movie
2. I have set the Artowrk Level setting in Kodi (Media Settings, Video, Artwork Level) to Maximum (it picks up all local art this way).
3. Like your screenshot, set to Yes the Amber settings "Show fanart background on sub windows" and "Show extrafanart if available".

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for clarifying this : In Fanart view, the fanart shown in the info panel does not change/rotate.  

Is that something that could be added or are you not wanting this as an option ? I personally prefer a static background fanart and for the info panel fanart to change / rotate. Would be nice across movies / tv shows and music

Cheers Zorg
@zorg2000k , to be honest, nobody had asked before.  I will add this to my To-Do.  No promises on ETA yet, though.

Regards,

Bart
Smashing Bart, your a star.

Cheers Zorg, and happy to help test if you want the changes.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-11-11

(2020-11-09, 19:21)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-11-09, 19:05)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-09, 19:00)zorg2000k Wrote: Thanks for clarifying this : In Fanart view, the fanart shown in the info panel does not change/rotate.  

Is that something that could be added or are you not wanting this as an option ? I personally prefer a static background fanart and for the info panel fanart to change / rotate. Would be nice across movies / tv shows and music

Cheers Zorg
@zorg2000k , to be honest, nobody had asked before.  I will add this to my To-Do.  No promises on ETA yet, though.

Regards,

Bart

@zorg2000k , I just could not resist the challenge Smile  if you are feeling adventurous and are willing to download from GitHub, the changes for this are already on the Master branch (you mentioned you use Matrix; if you use Leia, then the Leia branch) in the skin's GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber).  

You will find a new option in Fanart view, like in the following screenshot:

Please note that you can enable it independently for music (albums and artists), episodes, and all other poster-type items in Fanart view (movies, sets, musicvideos, tvshows and seasons).  And it also operates independently from the main "Show Extra fanart if available"  skin setting.  

For the extra fanart to rotate in the info panel, you need to have the option in the screenshot enabled, and you need to have at least one additional fanart (fanart1) loaded into your Kodi db.  For example, this is how this tvshow's art looks for me:

If you do test from GitHub, please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-11-11

@bsoriano - The extrafanart option works great Bart, but one of the changes made the icons that appear before the poster images overstretched. I will post an image as soon as I get back home if you don't know what I am referring to.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-11-11

(2020-11-11, 19:30)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - The extrafanart option works great Bart, but one of the changes made the icons that appear before the poster images overstretched. I will post an image as soon as I get back home if you don't know what I am referring to.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for reporting this.  Please try the latest from GitHuib, I just uploaded the fix for this.  Please let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-11-12

(2020-11-11, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote: Yes, this is a side effect of using "stretch" instead of "scale" as the aspect for posters in widgets.
(2020-11-11, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote: I need to see if I can do something about that particular case.
Thanks Bart. It would be great if you find a solution. It just looks really odd. Anyway, it is what it is. Smile

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-11-12

(2020-11-12, 00:01)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-11-11, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote: Yes, this is a side effect of using "stretch" instead of "scale" as the aspect for posters in widgets.
(2020-11-11, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote: I need to see if I can do something about that particular case.
Thanks Bart. It would be great if you find a solution. It just looks really odd. Anyway, it is what it is. Smile

Shedrock

@shedrock , please try the latest from GitHub.  I was able to find a solution quickly.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-11-12

(2020-11-12, 00:17)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , please try the latest from GitHub.  I was able to find a solution quickly.
Thank you very much Bart. That did the trick.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - zorg2000k - 2020-11-12

(2020-11-11, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-09, 19:21)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-11-09, 19:05)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , to be honest, nobody had asked before.  I will add this to my To-Do.  No promises on ETA yet, though.

Regards,

Bart

@zorg2000k , I just could not resist the challenge Smile  if you are feeling adventurous and are willing to download from GitHub, the changes for this are already on the Master branch (you mentioned you use Matrix; if you use Leia, then the Leia branch) in the skin's GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber).  

Please note that you can enable it independently for music (albums and artists), episodes, and all other poster-type items in Fanart view (movies, sets, musicvideos, tvshows and seasons).  And it also operates independently from the main "Show Extra fanart if available"  skin setting.  

For the extra fanart to rotate in the info panel, you need to have the option in the screenshot enabled, and you need to have at least one additional fanart (fanart1) loaded into your Kodi db.  For example, this is how this tvshow's art looks for me:

Regards,

Bart
Hi,

Downloaded the github Matrix version you posted, did a clean install of Matrix Alpha v3 and then added skin, Got an issue where I can't see the add video or add music within the Library / Media sources. If I reinstall Amber matrix from your repo that brings the option back to add video or music sources.

Tested on Leia and its working fine across Movies, TV Shows and Music. Looks great.

Thanks

(2020-11-12, 06:56)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-11-11, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-09, 19:21)zorg2000k Wrote: Smashing Bart, your a star.

Regards,

Bart
Hi,

Downloaded the github Matrix version you posted, did a clean install of Matrix Alpha v3 and then added skin, Got an issue where I can't see the add video or add music within the Library / Media sources. If I reinstall Amber matrix from your repo that brings the option back to add video or music sources.

Tested on Leia and its working fine across Movies, TV Shows and Music. Looks great.

Thanks
@zorg2000k , I don't know what might cause the issue you describe.  In my portable Matrix installation (latest nightly, from yesterday) with Amber from GitHub, I do not have that issue.  I am running Kodi under Windows 10.  There are may changes in the GitHub version in order to update Amber to the Matrix skinning engine changes, but I have no idea how any of them could affect not being able to add video or music sources.  That is not something that a skin controls.  

Could you try with the latest Kodi Matrix nightly and update the skin from GitHub to see if the issue appears again? And could you please post a debug log of when the issue happens? Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - zorg2000k - 2020-11-12

(2020-11-12, 15:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-12, 06:56)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-11-11, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , I just could not resist the challenge Smile  if you are feeling adventurous and are willing to download from GitHub, the changes for this are already on the Master branch (you mentioned you use Matrix; if you use Leia, then the Leia branch) in the skin's GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber).  

Regards,

Bart
Hi,

Thanks
@zorg2000k , I don't know what might cause the issue you describe.  In my portable Matrix installation (latest nightly, from yesterday) with Amber from GitHub, I do not have that issue.  I am running Kodi under Windows 10.  There are may changes in the GitHub version in order to update Amber to the Matrix skinning engine changes, but I have no idea how any of them could affect not being able to add video or music sources.  That is not something that a skin controls.  

Could you try with the latest Kodi Matrix nightly and update the skin from GitHub to see if the issue appears again? And could you please post a debug log of when the issue happens? Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Looking through my kodi error log, I can see this error for missing file : script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml

2020-11-12 16:16:36.558 T:1216     INFO <general>: Error loading include file C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.amber\1080i\script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml: Failed to open file (row: 0, col: 0)

That file and this one seems to be missing from github download, unless they shouldn't be included of course : script-skinviewtypes-includes.xml

2020-11-12 16:16:36.558 T:1216     INFO <general>: Error loading include file C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.amber\1080i\script-skinviewtypes-includes.xml: Failed to open file (row: 0, col: 0)

Copied these both over from Kodi 18 and Amber Leia folder and it now allows me to add videos and rotating extrafanart is working,

Getting errors no on main menu for Skinshortcuts with the following error in Kodi log

2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup2shelvesbackground
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup3shelvesbackground
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup1
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup2
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup3
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup4
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup5
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup6
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-ShelfIndicator
2020-11-12 16:32:41.889 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-ShelfOnUpMainMenu

Cheers Zorg

(2020-11-12, 18:38)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-11-12, 15:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-12, 06:56)zorg2000k Wrote: Hi,

Thanks

Regards,

Bart

Looking through my kodi error log, I can see this error for missing file : script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml

2020-11-12 16:16:36.558 T:1216     INFO <general>: Error loading include file C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.amber\1080i\script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml: Failed to open file (row: 0, col: 0)

That file and this one seems to be missing from github download, unless they shouldn't be included of course : script-skinviewtypes-includes.xml

2020-11-12 16:16:36.558 T:1216     INFO <general>: Error loading include file C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.amber\1080i\script-skinviewtypes-includes.xml: Failed to open file (row: 0, col: 0)

Copied these both over from Kodi 18 and Amber Leia folder and it now allows me to add videos and rotating extrafanart is working,

Getting errors no on main menu for Skinshortcuts with the following error in Kodi log

2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup2shelvesbackground
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup3shelvesbackground
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup1
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup2
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup3
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup4
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup5
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-shelfgroup6
2020-11-12 16:32:41.888 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-ShelfIndicator
2020-11-12 16:32:41.889 T:3196  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-ShelfOnUpMainMenu

Cheers Zorg
@zorg2000k , thanks for investigating further.  Those two include files should not be included in Git, since they are auto-generated.  The script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml is generated by script.skinshortcuts, which is needed by the skin in order to customize menus/submenus/widgets.  The script-skinviewtypes-includes.xml is generated by script.skinvariables, which is used by the skin for the new, graphical, view type selector.  My guess is that you did not have either of those addons installed when you did the clean install of Matrix Alpha 3.  Is that the case? Please confirm.  Thanks.

As for the other warnings in the log, they are OK, they just mean that you do not have any widgets configured.

Regards,

Bart

Hello all,

I have just uploaded version 3.4.0 for Matrix, to GitHub and the Amber repo for Matrix.  This is just for Matrix.

This version brings Amber up to date with the Matrix skinning changes, of which there have been a lot.  To all of you that use Matrix, please test thoroughly and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - zorg2000k - 2020-11-13

(2020-11-12, 18:45)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-12, 18:38)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-11-12, 15:29)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , I don't know what might cause the issue you describe.  In my portable Matrix installation (latest nightly, from yesterday) with Amber from GitHub, I do not have that issue.  I am running Kodi under Windows 10.  There are may changes in the GitHub version in order to update Amber to the Matrix skinning engine changes, but I have no idea how any of them could affect not being able to add video or music sources.  That is not something that a skin controls.  

Regards,

Bart

Cheers Zorg
@zorg2000k , thanks for investigating further.  Those two include files should not be included in Git, since they are auto-generated.  The script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml is generated by script.skinshortcuts, which is needed by the skin in order to customize menus/submenus/widgets.  The script-skinviewtypes-includes.xml is generated by script.skinvariables, which is used by the skin for the new, graphical, view type selector.  My guess is that you did not have either of those addons installed when you did the clean install of Matrix Alpha 3.  Is that the case? Please confirm.  Thanks.

As for the other warnings in the log, they are OK, they just mean that you do not have any widgets configured.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart,

Something now right with this clean build, I found a Matrix github for : script.skinvariables - installed fine

Struggling to find the Martix repo or github for script.skinshortcuts. Tried this one https://github.com/mikesilvo164/script.skinshortcuts

Installs but on main screen in Kodi I get skin shortcut errors.