Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-12-02

Thanks Bart, but it doesn't work right for me. In order for me to see a preview I must move my highlight down to the sub-menu, only then do I see a small preview of the movie/video. It is also hidden behind my widgets. Here is an image to show you.

Shedrock

@bsoriano - Maybe if you can install Aeon MQ7 (Latt's mod) you can play a video and then exit to the main screen and you will see what happens. It hides the widgets etc.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-12-02

(2020-12-02, 02:51)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Maybe if you can install Aeon MQ7 (Latt's mod) you can play a video and then exit to the main screen and you will see what happens. It hides the widgets etc.

Shedrock
@shedrock, the Now Playing shouldn't show if the widgets are showing, and you don't need to go to the submenu to see a preview. There must be something weird going on with what I uploaded to Github. In my development system using Windows it is working fine.

I was not planning on hiding the widgets; you can always configure the menu item so that the widgets are hidden until you press Up.

I will check again tomorrow what I uploaded to GitHub, maybe I missed something. I will finish coding the Now Playing for the vertical menu before I update again. I will post when I think it is ready for more testing.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano - No problem. I also installed it on my windows pc as a fresh install. Anyway, I look forward to your next update.

Thanks,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-12-03

(2020-12-02, 04:18)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - No problem. I also installed it on my windows pc as a fresh install. Anyway, I look forward to your next update.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , could you please test with the latest from GitHub, Leia branch? I have coded the Now Playing also for the vertical menu, and I have tested the code under Windows, Android and LibreELEC.  These following screenshots are from LE (which I am running in a Virtual Machine under Windows 10):

To have a similar setup to yours, I have the Recently Added Music Videos as the widget for the Music Videos menu item.  I have the widgets hiding until focused.  Here I pressed Up, so that the widget would show and you can see that the Now Playing is not showing underneath:

In this next one, I pressed Down to go back to the menu item, and as you can see, the Now Playing is showing, with the video preview:

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-12-03

@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I am providing pics to show what's happening on my end. All the pics shown were taken while the same movie is playing. The widgets are in the forefront. Also, the only time I can see the video in the small box is when I am on a main menu item that has no widgets.

ImageImageImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock

(2020-12-03, 19:20)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I am providing pics to show what's happening on my end. All the pics shown were taken while the same movie is playing. The widgets are in the forefront. Also, the only time I can see the video in the small box is when I am on a main menu item that has no widgets.

ImageImageImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for the screenshots.  It is working as designed.  If widgets are visible, the Now Playing is not shown.  What I did was enable the setting "Hide shelves when not focused" for the widget in my screenshots.  Like so:

That way, the widget is not shown automatically when you move to the menu item; you need to press Up for the widget to appear.  In this case, the Now Playing will show when you move to the menu item.

I understand you would prefer that, if Now Playing is enabled, to have the widgets hide automatically (until you stop the media from playing, I guess?).  This is something that I need to look further into, to see if I can find an easy way to accomplish it without touching the widget code, which is very complex as it is.

Besides that, have you tried the different options for Now Playing info? Anything else you would like, or anything you would like to change? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-12-03, 20:39)bsoriano Wrote: I understand you would prefer that, if Now Playing is enabled, to have the widgets hide automatically (until you stop the media from playing, I guess?).  This is something that I need to look further into, to see if I can find an easy way to accomplish it without touching the widget code, which is very complex as it is.
Yes, I would prefer that.
(2020-12-03, 20:39)bsoriano Wrote: Besides that, have you tried the different options for Now Playing info? Anything else you would like, or anything you would like to change? Please let me know.  Thanks.
I have tried the other options, although not in detail. I just wanted the minimize screen of the video like it functions in Aeon MQ7 (Latt's mod). I am not too picky. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock

(2020-12-03, 20:55)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-12-03, 20:39)bsoriano Wrote: I understand you would prefer that, if Now Playing is enabled, to have the widgets hide automatically (until you stop the media from playing, I guess?).  This is something that I need to look further into, to see if I can find an easy way to accomplish it without touching the widget code, which is very complex as it is.
Yes, I would prefer that.
(2020-12-03, 20:39)bsoriano Wrote: Besides that, have you tried the different options for Now Playing info? Anything else you would like, or anything you would like to change? Please let me know.  Thanks.
I have tried the other options, although not in detail. I just wanted the minimize screen of the video like it functions in Aeon MQ7 (Latt's mod). I am not too picky. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , I seem to have found an easy way to hide the widgets if the Now Playing is showing.  Could you please try again with the latest from GitHub, Leia branch? Now the widgets will not show if the Now Playing is visible, if you enable the new option "Hide Shelves when Now Playing is Visible".  The new setting is here:

Once you stop the media, the widgets will show again.  Please let me know if this is close to what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano - Thanks again Bart. This works much better for me. However, please take a look at the attached video I wanted you to look at. Please excuse the background audio. That is the Aeon MQ7 skin. Also, I noticed that you don't see the description of an TV episode when it's minimized.

Video: https://youtu.be/2j9NRljWxsA

Regards,

Shedrock

(2020-12-03, 22:01)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Thanks again Bart. This works much better for me. However, please take a look at the attached video I wanted you to look at. Please excuse the background audio. That is the Aeon MQ7 skin. Also, I noticed that you don't see the description of an TV episode when it's minimized.

Video: https://youtu.be/2j9NRljWxsA

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for the feedback.  I am not sure how much of that I can accomplish, so no promises.  I will take a look at adding some lines of the plot when having a video preview.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-12-03, 22:31)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thanks for the feedback.  I am not sure how much of that I can accomplish, so no promises.  I will take a look at adding some lines of the plot when having a video preview.
Not a problem Bart. I appreciate the fact that you're actually implementing any of it in the first place. Big Grin Much appreciated.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-12-04

(2020-12-03, 22:34)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-12-03, 22:31)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thanks for the feedback.  I am not sure how much of that I can accomplish, so no promises.  I will take a look at adding some lines of the plot when having a video preview.
Not a problem Bart. I appreciate the fact that you're actually implementing any of it in the first place. Big Grin Much appreciated.

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks! I have changed the layout of the Now Playing to include the plot when there is a video preview.  Please try the latest from GitHub.  I will see if I can manage to have, only for the horizontal menu, a larger video preview after a few seconds, but not taking over the whole screen; just a lot of the right side of it.  Hopefully it will turn out all right.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-12-04

@bsoriano - It looks fantastic. I posted another small video below to show you what I've noticed.

https://youtu.be/ImDBX1NSEoU

Thanks so much Bart.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-12-04

(2020-12-04, 00:40)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - It looks fantastic. I posted another small video below to show you what I've noticed.

https://youtu.be/ImDBX1NSEoU

Thanks so much Bart.

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks again.  It makes sense to have info other than the genre on top of the plot; I will work on that.  I will think also on how to make sure the fanart stays put even though the widgets are hidden.  I think it's doable.  I am making progress also on the video preview taking over the right side of the screen after a few seconds.  Hopefully I will finish it tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart