Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-12-06

(2020-12-06, 00:32)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thanks, that's great.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub and let me know if now we are ready for primetime?
It's working great! It is ready for primetime. I will test it one more time and confirm tomorrow morning. My wife is bugging me to watch a movie. Big Grin

Thanks Bart,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Bbam - 2020-12-06

(2020-12-06, 03:08)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-06, 02:18)Bbam Wrote: Hey again @bsarino

So sorry to be a pain, I can’t find the skin variables file you said to use, can you help me.. I looked on the first post but I’m not sure which is which

Ben

@Bbam, no worries. Here's the link for Jurialmunkey's Matrix repo: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/repository.jurialmunkey/blob/matrix/zips/repository.jurialmunkey/repository.jurialmunkey-1.4-matrix.zip. Please install that and update skinvariables. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thank u 🙏

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - rimasx - 2020-12-06

First of all, I would like to thank for this wonderful skin. I would like to translate it into Estonian.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2020-12-06

(2020-12-06, 00:34)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 23:25)G0mez Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 22:35)bsoriano Wrote: @G0mez , are you using Kodi Leia or Matrix? This functionality is only in the Leia GitHub version of the skin right now.  It is not in the Amber repos or in Matrix GitHub yet.

Regards,

Bart

Im using leia and installed github version. Wonder if I need to turn some option on to be able to see that video preview window ?
@G0mez , yes you do.  I have not made a full post about this yet, since it is in testing mode.  This is how the settings would need to look to have video preview for all video types:

Please let me know if now you have the video preview ( and the rest of the Now Playing info).  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Yeh now I got it to work, thanks

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-12-06

(2020-12-06, 10:29)rimasx Wrote: First of all, I would like to thank for this wonderful skin. I would like to translate it into Estonian.
@rimasx , thank you for your kind words.  And thank you for your willingness to translate.  Are you familiar with translation software, like POEdit? If so, I will provide you the link to the file with the skin strings in English so that you can translate and post here a link to the translated file.  If not, you could do it this way:

1. The skin's strings in English are in the skin folder, in the subfolder /language/resource.language.en_gb/.  The file with the strings is named strings.po.

2. In the file, you will find blocks like this:

xml:

msgctxt "#31000"
msgid "Picture Channels"
msgstr ""

As you can see, the English string is next to where it says msgid.  The translated string goes next to where it says msgstr, between the "" .

So (and my apologies if the translation is incorrect), with the string translated to Estonian, the block would look like this:

xml:

msgctxt "#31000"
msgid "Picture Channels"
msgstr "Pilt Kanalid"

3. You would write the translated string for all of the message blocks in the file, save it with the same name (strings.po), and post a link to the translated file here in the forum.  I will then include the translation in the next skin update.

Here is the link to the latest skin strings in English: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFk49Jm_Aeq1rsWzZLLg?e=QNQPfd

Please let me know if you need any assistance with the translation process.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-12-06, 03:20)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-12-06, 00:32)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thanks, that's great.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub and let me know if now we are ready for primetime?
It's working great! It is ready for primetime. I will test it one more time and confirm tomorrow morning. My wife is bugging me to watch a movie. Big Grin

Thanks Bart,

Shedrock
@shedrock , all right, thanks! I will wait for any further comment from you before I make a new version and release it in the Amber repos.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-12-06

(2020-12-06, 18:21)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , all right, thanks! I will wait for any further comment from you before I make a new version and release it in the Amber repos.
Hi Bart,

This seems fine to me. I've checked and re-checked, and I can't see any reason not to release new version.

Great job!

Shedrock

(2020-12-06, 19:38)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-12-06, 18:21)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , all right, thanks! I will wait for any further comment from you before I make a new version and release it in the Amber repos.
Hi Bart,

This seems fine to me. I've checked and re-checked, and I can't see any reason not to release new version.

Great job!

Shedrock
@shedrock , thank you for your requests and for testing! Smile

I will release a new version later today.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - rimasx - 2020-12-06

(2020-12-06, 18:19)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-06, 10:29)rimasx Wrote: First of all, I would like to thank for this wonderful skin. I would like to translate it into Estonian.
@rimasx , thank you for your kind words.  And thank you for your willingness to translate.  Are you familiar with translation software, like POEdit? If so, I will provide you the link to the file with the skin strings in English so that you can translate and post here a link to the translated file.  If not, you could do it this way:

1. The skin's strings in English are in the skin folder, in the subfolder /language/resource.language.en_gb/.  The file with the strings is named strings.po.

xml:

msgctxt "#31000"
msgid "Picture Channels"
msgstr ""

As you can see, the English string is next to where it says msgid.  The translated string goes next to where it says msgstr, between the "" .

So (and my apologies if the translation is incorrect), with the string translated to Estonian, the block would look like this:

xml:

msgctxt "#31000"
msgid "Picture Channels"
msgstr "Pilt Kanalid"

3. You would write the translated string for all of the message blocks in the file, save it with the same name (strings.po), and post a link to the translated file here in the forum.  I will then include the translation in the next skin update.

Here is the link to the latest skin strings in English: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFk49Jm_Aeq1rsWzZLLg?e=QNQPfd

Please let me know if you need any assistance with the translation process.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Yes, I'm familiar with Poedit. I'll try not to bother you too much. I'm already working on it, but it takes time.

(2020-12-06, 22:24)rimasx Wrote:
(2020-12-06, 18:19)bsoriano Wrote:

xml:

msgctxt "#31000"
msgid "Picture Channels"
msgstr ""

xml:

msgctxt "#31000"
msgid "Picture Channels"
msgstr "Pilt Kanalid"

Regards,

Bart
Yes, I'm familiar with Poedit. I'll try not to bother you too much. I'm already working on it, but it takes time.
@rimasx , great! No worries, take your time.  If you are not sure what a string means (or where it is used in the skin), just let me know.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-12-07

Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.114 (Leia) and 3.4.5 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main changes are:

1. Three Options for Default Font Size.  Amber now supports three options for default font size: Small, Regular and Large.  Regular is the default.  The font size affects primarily settings screens, select dialogs, and context menus.  They do not affect media views.  You can find the new setting here:

Small looks like this:

Regular looks like this:

And large looks like this:

Please don't ask me to implement the three different sizes in media views as well.  Unfortunately, I will not, since it would mean redesigning all media views, twice for each view.  That is way too much work that I do not intend to take on.

2.  Fully-featured Now Playing information.  Thanks to the gracious help of @Mr. V , who let me adapt his code and use his textures, and some great requests from @shedrock , Amber now has detailed Now Playing information for both videos and music.  There are multiple options to choose from.  I urge you to try them, to see what you like.  I will briefly explain them in this post.

There is a new Skin Settings section, Now Playing, that looks like this:

Some notes on the settings you see there:

- Disable Now Playing: if you set this to Yes, there will be no Now Playing info shown in the home window.  Only the info on the top bar (like you see in the screenshot) would remain, if you have that enabled.  This is the equivalent to what Amber had until this version.

- Show Video in the Background: If you set this to Yes, playing video will be shown in the background in the Home window (and everywhere).  With this option enabled, you cannot set Now Playing Info for Movies/Episodes or Other Videos to Preview.

As you can see from the above, you can show extra art (Logo, Disc Art) in the Now Playing info for videos and music.  Disc Art is shown spinning.  You can decide what to use as fallback if the video or music do not have disc art.  For example, this is the dialog you get when you click on "Select Disc Art Fallback for Video":

As you can see there are multiple options, including CDs of different colors, vinyl and blu-ray.  Please do not ask me to implement a "fake disc art" for Now Playing.  I am not planning on doing this.

- Select Now Playing Info for Movies/Episodes:  You can choose what type of info you would like to present when Now Playing.  There are multiple options to choose from, as shown here:

When you move through the options, you get a preview of what it would look like.  As an example, this is what the "Preview" option for movies/episodes looks like (in this case, with a movie):

As you can see from the above screenshot, fallback disc art is being shown, since I do not have disc art for this movie, and the movie logo is also being shown.  The mini video preview window is at the bottom.  If you enable the setting "Enlarge Video Preview when Idle", then, after 8 seconds (I will not be changing that interval, please do not ask), the video preview window gets enlarged and looks like this:

It is important to note that when Now Playing is being shown, widgets (shelves) are automatically hidden.  You can show them again by pressing Up.

There are similar options for other videos, with the exception of Cast.

- Select Now Playing Info for Music:  Again, there are multiple options to choose from; please try them out and see what you like.  The options dialog looks like this:

While Now Playing, if you have Extra Fanart enabled in the skin settings, extra fanart for the now playing item will be shown in the background.  You can either have this extra fanart in an "extrafanart" folder, or loaded into the Kodi db.  Both options work for movies and episodes.  For music, you need to have the extra fanart loaded into the Kodi db.

Please test thoroughly, as this is a big feature.  Thanks.

For @Cyberdom and others who use the skin in a different language than English, these are the new strings that need translation:

1. Select Default Font Size
2. Small
3. Regular
4. Large
5. Apply Changes
6. Now Playing
7. Hide Title Bar Now Playing
8. Select Now Playing Video Disc Art Fallback
9. Select Now Playing Music Disc Art Fallback
10. Blu-Ray
11. Vinyl
12. None
13 White
14. Blue
15. Golden
16. Green
17. Grey
18. Orange
19. Purple
20. Red
21. Select Now Playing Info for Movies/Episodes
22. Select Now Playing Info for other Videos
23. Select Now Playing Info for Music
24. Show Video in the Background
25. Show Music Visualization in the Background
26. Show Extra Art for Video
27. Show Extra Art for Music
28. Show Logo
29. Show Disc Art
30. Select Disc Art Fallback for Video
31. Select Disc Art Fallback for Music
32. Disable Now Playing
33. Internet Stream
34. Special
35. Next Tracks
36. Album Review
37. Artist Bio
38. Enlarge Video Preview when Idle

Please download, test, and let me know what you think and if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - zorg2000k - 2020-12-07

(2020-12-07, 00:33)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.114 (Leia) and 3.4.5 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main changes are:

1. Three Options for Default Font Size.  Amber now supports three options for default font size: Small, Regular and Large.  Regular is the default.  The font size affects primarily settings screens, select dialogs, and context menus.  They do not affect media views.  You can find the new setting here:

Small looks like this:

Regular looks like this:

Please don't ask me to implement the three different sizes in media views as well.  Unfortunately, I will not, since it would mean redesigning all media views, twice for each view.  That is way too much work that I do not intend to take on.

2.  Fully-featured Now Playing information.  Thanks to the gracious help of @Mr. V , who let me adapt his code and use his textures, and some great requests from @shedrock , Amber now has detailed Now Playing information for both videos and music.  There are multiple options to choose from.  I urge you to try them, to see what you like.  I will briefly explain them in this post.

- Disable Now Playing: if you set this to Yes, there will be no Now Playing info shown in the home window.  Only the info on the top bar (like you see in the screenshot) would remain, if you have that enabled.  This is the equivalent to what Amber had until this version.

- Show Video in the Background: If you set this to Yes, playing video will be shown in the background in the Home window (and everywhere).  With this option enabled, you cannot set Now Playing Info for Movies/Episodes or Other Videos to Preview.

As you can see from the above, you can show extra art (Logo, Disc Art) in the Now Playing info for videos and music.  Disc Art is shown spinning.  You can decide what to use as fallback if the video or music do not have disc art.  For example, this is the dialog you get when you click on "Select Disc Art Fallback for Video":

As you can see there are multiple options, including CDs of different colors, vinyl and blu-ray.  Please do not ask me to implement a "fake disc art" for Now Playing.  I am not planning on doing this.

- Select Now Playing Info for Movies/Episodes:  You can choose what type of info you would like to present when Now Playing.  There are multiple options to choose from, as shown here:

When you move through the options, you get a preview of what it would look like.  As an example, this is what the "Preview" option for movies/episodes looks like (in this case, with a movie):

As you can see from the above screenshot, fallback disc art is being shown, since I do not have disc art for this movie, and the movie logo is also being shown.  The mini video preview window is at the bottom.  If you enable the setting "Enlarge Video Preview when Idle", then, after 8 seconds (I will not be changing that interval, please do not ask), the video preview window gets enlarged and looks like this:

It is important to note that when Now Playing is being shown, widgets (shelves) are automatically hidden.  You can show them again by pressing Up.

- Select Now Playing Info for Music:  Again, there are multiple options to choose from; please try them out and see what you like.  The options dialog looks like this:

While Now Playing, if you have Extra Fanart enabled in the skin settings, extra fanart for the now playing item will be shown in the background.  You can either have this extra fanart in an "extrafanart" folder, or loaded into the Kodi db.  Both options work for movies and episodes.  For music, you need to have the extra fanart loaded into the Kodi db.

For @Cyberdom and others who use the skin in a different language than English, these are the new strings that need translation:

2. Small
3. Regular
4. Large
5. Apply Changes
6. Now Playing
10. Blu-Ray
11. Vinyl
12. None
13 White
14. Blue
15. Golden
16. Green
17. Grey
18. Orange
19. Purple
20. Red
28. Show Logo
29. Show Disc Art
32. Disable Now Playing
33. Internet Stream
34. Special
35. Next Tracks
36. Album Review
37. Artist Bio

Please download, test, and let me know what you think and if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Updated on Matrix and now playing on main screen is working, looks great thanks. One thing I meant to ask a while back is there any thoughts on updating the Music full screen layout ? I find the current fullscreen music playing screen largely covers the artist artwork (more transparent may look better), I've created a quick and dirty photoshop of something I thought may work for Amber, not sure your thoughts Bart.

Current Music playing screen;

Quick and Dirty Photoshop thoughts

(2020-12-07, 08:16)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 00:33)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Small looks like this:

Regular looks like this:

2. Small
3. Regular
4. Large
5. Apply Changes
6. Now Playing
10. Blu-Ray
11. Vinyl
12. None
13 White
14. Blue
15. Golden
16. Green
17. Grey
18. Orange
19. Purple
20. Red
28. Show Logo
29. Show Disc Art
32. Disable Now Playing
33. Internet Stream
34. Special
35. Next Tracks
36. Album Review
37. Artist Bio

Regards,

Bart
Updated on Matrix and now playing on main screen is working, looks great thanks. One thing I meant to ask a while back is there any thoughts on updating the Music full screen layout ? I find the current fullscreen music playing screen largely covers the artist artwork (more transparent may look better), I've created a quick and dirty photoshop of something I thought may work for Amber, not sure your thoughts Bart.

Current Music playing screen;

Quick and Dirty Photoshop thoughts
@zorg2000k , thanks for your feedback and the mock-up.  I wil add implementing a smaller music OSD to my To-Do.  Please remember also to let me know what info you would like to see for Artists and Albums in Fanart view if I implement a Netflix-style option for those media types, as I did for video.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Filmbuff - 2020-12-07

Liking the new options in the skin, great stuff!

A suggestion, would it be doable to have the option of displaying clear art or CD art where the clear logo is?

(2020-12-07, 18:04)Filmbuff Wrote: Liking the new options in the skin, great stuff!

A suggestion, would it be doable to have the option of displaying clear art or CD art where the clear logo is?

@Filmbuff , thank you for your kind words.  Yes, it is doable.  I will add this to my To-Do.

Regards,

Bart