Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-01-06

(2021-01-06, 19:24)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you for the information.

(2021-01-05, 21:43)bsoriano Wrote: Most likely you will get a new update soon, to 3.2.123, which was just approved in the Kodi repo.
Yesterday, I had the automatic update of Amber 3.2.123.
What are the fixes or new features in this version compared to version 3.2.122 ?

There was just a fix of code syntax necessary for inclusion in the Kodi repo.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - clamatac - 2021-01-06

(2021-01-05, 21:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-05, 20:28)clamatac Wrote:
(2021-01-05, 12:44)bsoriano Wrote: @clamatac, you should install the Amber repo first, from https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo.amber/blob/master/repository.amber/repository.amber-1.0.1.zip, and then install Amber from the repo inside Kodi. That way you will keep it updated.

Your log shows that your system did not recognize the zip file as a zip file, there might have been an issue with the download.

Please let me know if you were able to install the repo correctly. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

thanks for answering, but i do not know how to install the repository. I have followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsRBXPe-AQY but I am not sure the url I must write. I have copied the full url you have given me but when I go to add-ons --> install from repository there is no new repository.

However, I have just made and upgrade from 17.6 to 18.9, and in the past, after during this version update, kodi skin was always disabled, but today, is present and enable showing that is the Amber v3.2.120

Thanks in advance
@clamatac , I am glad you are on 3.2.120.  Most likely you will get a new update soon, to 3.2.123, which was just approved in the Kodi repo.

In any case, these are the steps to install Amber from the Amber repo, which will keep it well updated, since I update the Amber repo much more frequently than the Kodi repo.  These steps pre-suppose that you downloaded the Amber repo zip file from the link I posted before, and that you have it on some location accessible to your Kodi device.

First, go to Addons, Addon Browser.

Then, select Install from Zip File:

Then, go to the location where you downloaded the file before.  In the next screenshot, I have gone to that location already:

When you click on the file, Kodi will install the Amber repo addon.

Now, you can go to Addons, Addon Browser, Install from Repository:

Now, you should see the Amber repository as one of your choices:

When you click on it, select Look and Feel, and then Skin

Amber should be your only choice here:

When you click on that, you should get the Amber addon information dialog, where you can choose to Install if you did not have it on your system, or Update, like it is shown below:

This is what you should see today if you click Update:

As you can see, the Kodi repository version is higher than the Amber repository version.  If you already have version 3.2.123, you do not need to update.

By having installed the Amber repo, whenever I push an update for Amber to the repo, Amber should auto-update in your Kodi device, if you have automatic updates enabled for addons.

Please let me know if this is the information you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi,

it is strange, I still get error installing de Amber repo, however, Now I have access to Amber 3.2.123 in the kodi-repository, so thats ok for me.

Thanks!!!!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - treboR2Robert - 2021-01-06

(2021-01-06, 17:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 07:29)treboR2Robert Wrote: Hi Bart long time.

The skin is looking great Big Grin

I just resetup my plexkodiconnect system and installed your latest version of amber 3.2.123

Everything was ok until I installed tmbd helper (2.4.36) from the kodi repo and then that old problem of nothing happening when i click play came back that you fixed ages ago. I'll link the post where you fixed it below.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2959183#pid2959183

Literally nothing would play this time whether I selected an episode from the widget or the main library and the same for films.

Anyway I installed jurialmonkeys repo and updated tmdb helper to the latest version (4.1.5) and now everything works again apart from when I try play a tv episode after clicking on it from a widget. (clicking on it from the main library now works)

Hopefully it is something easy for you to fix

thanks in advance
@treboR2Robert , happy new year! Thank you for your kind words.  

Thanks for bringing this up, since the way I fixed this before is not valid any more.  I went ahead and tried to recreate your environment, and I found (again) that PKC does not set a file name and path or folder path in the video info dialog, for On Deck items.  I have tested, successfully, a fix for this.

I have included the fix in version 3.2.124.  It is already on the Amber repo for Leia.  Please test and let me know if the problem is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Happy new year Sir Smile

The amber repo was still stuck at version 3.2.122 but I downloaded 3.2.124 from git and now everything is working again Big Grin

It still does that weird shuffle thing though with the info at the top right ( director, writer etc... ) Again it only does this when clicking on the item from a widget. Clicking on the same items but going through the main library then the "shuffle" doesn't happen.

I done a little video of me clicking on an X-files episode from the widget to show you what i mean. (link below)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gWgUQjkBl9g4JbTK8NtqJbnoZ63DaCct/view

Thanks again

(2021-01-06, 20:44)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 17:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 07:29)treboR2Robert Wrote: Hi Bart long time.

The skin is looking great Big Grin

I just resetup my plexkodiconnect system and installed your latest version of amber 3.2.123

Everything was ok until I installed tmbd helper (2.4.36) from the kodi repo and then that old problem of nothing happening when i click play came back that you fixed ages ago. I'll link the post where you fixed it below.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2959183#pid2959183

Literally nothing would play this time whether I selected an episode from the widget or the main library and the same for films.

Anyway I installed jurialmonkeys repo and updated tmdb helper to the latest version (4.1.5) and now everything works again apart from when I try play a tv episode after clicking on it from a widget. (clicking on it from the main library now works)

Hopefully it is something easy for you to fix

thanks in advance
@treboR2Robert , happy new year! Thank you for your kind words.  

Thanks for bringing this up, since the way I fixed this before is not valid any more.  I went ahead and tried to recreate your environment, and I found (again) that PKC does not set a file name and path or folder path in the video info dialog, for On Deck items.  I have tested, successfully, a fix for this.

I have included the fix in version 3.2.124.  It is already on the Amber repo for Leia.  Please test and let me know if the problem is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Happy new year Sir Smile

The amber repo was still stuck at version 3.2.122 but I downloaded 3.2.124 from git and now everything is working again Big Grin

It still does that weird shuffle thing though with the info at the top right ( director, writer etc... ) Again it only does this when clicking on the item from a widget. Clicking on the same items but going through the main library then the "shuffle" doesn't happen.

I done a little video of me clicking on an X-files episode from the widget to show you what i mean. (link below)

Thanks again
@treboR2Robert , what is happening is that tmdb helper gets additional info for the episode (director, country, etc.) and you see it being added to the dialog (it does not occur fast enough for you not to notice, nothing I can do about the speed).  If you do not want this to happen, just set "Enable Use of TMDb Helper" to "No" in Settings, Skin Settings, General.  There are trade-offs to not using tmdb helper, as I explained in this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=3000698#pid3000698 .

Regards,

Bart

(2021-01-06, 21:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 20:44)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 17:22)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , happy new year! Thank you for your kind words.  

Regards,

Bart

Happy new year Sir Smile

Thanks again
@treboR2Robert , what is happening is that tmdb helper gets additional info for the episode (director, country, etc.) and you see it being added to the dialog (it does not occur fast enough for you not to notice, nothing I can do about the speed).  If you do not want this to happen, just set "Enable Use of TMDb Helper" to "No" in Settings, Skin Settings, General.  There are trade-offs to not using tmdb helper, as I explained in this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=3000698#pid3000698 .

Regards,

Bart

It only does it when clicking on a tv episode from a widget though.

Clicking on a movie from the widgets it does not do it.

And clicking on a movie or a tv show going through the main library it does not do it either.

Also I have the option of "show only local info" ticked in amber settings

(2021-01-06, 21:14)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 20:44)treboR2Robert Wrote: Happy new year Sir Smile

Thanks again

Regards,

Bart

And clicking on a movie or a tv show going through the main library it does not do it either.

@treboR2Robert , thanks for your additional comments.  They made me realize that I am showing some tmdb helper info even if the "show only local info" setting is enabled.  I will correct this in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano OK cool, let me know when its on git and I will try it out.

Thanks again Big Grin

(2021-01-06, 20:44)treboR2Robert Wrote: Happy new year Sir Smile

Thanks again

Regards,

Bart

@treboR2Robert , please try the latest from Git.  I have fixed it so that if you have "show only local info" enabled, no tmdb helper info will be shown.  Please let me know if this indeed fixed the issue for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - timmins - 2021-01-06

(2021-01-06, 01:31)timmins Wrote: More information, my PC is working okay with version 122. Both my shields don't work with 122.
I have both of them working. All did was to downgrade one version and then update it to the latest. Thanks For your help.

(2021-01-06, 22:50)timmins Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 01:31)timmins Wrote: More information, my PC is working okay with version 122. Both my shields don't work with 122.
I have both of them working. All did was to downgrade one version and then update it to the latest. Thanks For your help.
@timmins , I am glad you got it sorted.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-01-06, 21:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 21:10)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , what is happening is that tmdb helper gets additional info for the episode (director, country, etc.) and you see it being added to the dialog (it does not occur fast enough for you not to notice, nothing I can do about the speed).  If you do not want this to happen, just set "Enable Use of TMDb Helper" to "No" in Settings, Skin Settings, General.  There are trade-offs to not using tmdb helper, as I explained in this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=3000698#pid3000698 .

Regards,

Bart

@treboR2Robert , please try the latest from Git.  I have fixed it so that if you have "show only local info" enabled, no tmdb helper info will be shown.  Please let me know if this indeed fixed the issue for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

The shuffle is no more Big Grin

Thank You Smile

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-01-07

(2021-01-06, 23:44)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 21:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 21:14)treboR2Robert Wrote: It only does it when clicking on a tv episode from a widget though.

Regards,

Bart

The shuffle is no more Big Grin

Thank You Smile
@treboR2Robert , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-01-07

Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.125 (Leia) and 3.4.12 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The only new fucntionality is the following:

1. Hide Seek Bar when Paused.  Amber will now hide the seek bar after 5 seconds when the video is paused.  You can find the new setting here:

Besides that, there are some fixes:

- Use EPGEventIcon instead of Icon for PVR.  Hopefully this should provide PVR users with a better thumb in the guide and PVR Info dialog.
- Fix Play button in the video info dialog for items that have no path or folder path.  This should allow the Play button to work for items like the On-Deck from PlexKodiConnect.
- Do not show any tmdb helper info if "Show Only Local Info" setting is enabled
- Update all the translation files as of yesterday, January 6th.

Please update, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - treboR2Robert - 2021-01-07

(2021-01-07, 17:51)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.125 (Leia) and 3.4.12 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The only new fucntionality is the following:

1. Hide Seek Bar when Paused.  Amber will now hide the seek bar after 5 seconds when the video is paused.  You can find the new setting here:

- Use EPGEventIcon instead of Icon for PVR.  Hopefully this should provide PVR users with a better thumb in the guide and PVR Info dialog.
- Fix Play button in the video info dialog for items that have no path or folder path.  This should allow the Play button to work for items like the On-Deck from PlexKodiConnect.

Regards,

Bart

All seems ok so far Cool

I like the new Hide Seek Bar when Paused feature, its helpful for my oled.

Thanks Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-01-08

(2021-01-07, 23:27)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2021-01-07, 17:51)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Regards,

Bart

All seems ok so far Cool

I like the new Hide Seek Bar when Paused feature, its helpful for my oled.

Thanks Bart
@treboR2Robert , thanks for testing and for continuing to use Amber! Smile

Regards,

Bart