Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-01-11

(2021-01-11, 07:55)Aaiemron Wrote: The vertical menu with icons only is working fine for me. It looks very nice.
Thank you very much for adding that option.

@Aaiemron, thanks for confirming! Are you in Matrix or Leia? What OS? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Aaiemron - 2021-01-11

(2021-01-11, 12:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 07:55)Aaiemron Wrote: The vertical menu with icons only is working fine for me. It looks very nice.
Thank you very much for adding that option.

@Aaiemron, thanks for confirming! Are you in Matrix or Leia? What OS? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Matrix, Mac OS

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - snarfo - 2021-01-11

After doing that cleanup I was getting a skin helper shortcut error (which I think was a holdover from the skin I had been using) which I removed. The behavior is the same, though. Still missing the text in the settings (though I can still toggle the icon/text option even though the lines are blank) and when I try to open the customize power menu item or the customize the home shelves and items nothing happens. The configuration subscreens don't open. I had to go to work but when I get home I'll see if I can mess it up some more...

(2021-01-11, 19:02)snarfo Wrote: After doing that cleanup I was getting a skin helper shortcut error (which I think was a holdover from the skin I had been using) which I removed. The behavior is the same, though. Still missing the text in the settings (though I can still toggle the icon/text option even though the lines are blank) and when I try to open the customize power menu item or the customize the home shelves and items nothing happens. The configuration subscreens don't open. I had to go to work but when I get home I'll see if I can mess it up some more...

@snarfo, if the configuration dialogs are not showing, you have an issue with script.skinshortcuts. I would say delete the addon settings folder under addon_data, and reinstall the addon.

Regards,

Bart

The vertical menu (icons only) is also working in Android.
The only small thing is that there is no text in the settings. (as @snarfo said)

(2021-01-11, 19:50)Aaiemron Wrote: The vertical menu (icons only) is also working in Android.
The only small thing is that there is no text in the settings. (as @snarfo said)

@Aaiemron, thanks for reporting this! I must have missed a file in the GitHub upload. Please give me a few hours, I will upload changes to fix this and to show you in the configuration dialogs what icon a menu item has assigned, and allow to change it.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-01-11, 19:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 19:50)Aaiemron Wrote: The vertical menu (icons only) is also working in Android.

@Aaiemron, thanks for reporting this! I must have missed a file in the GitHub upload. Please give me a few hours, I will upload changes to fix this and to show you in the configuration dialogs what icon a menu item has assigned, and allow to change it.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you!
Great skin btw

@snarfo , @Aaiemron , could you please try the latest on Git? The new settings should show the text now, and I have added the icon in the menu configuration dialog, as well as the ability to change it:

Please let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-01-11, 21:35)bsoriano Wrote: @snarfo , @Aaiemron , could you please try the latest on Git? The new settings should show the text now, and I have added the icon in the menu configuration dialog, as well as the ability to change it:

Regards,

Bart
Everything is working perfect now. Thanks a lot.

(2021-01-11, 22:12)Aaiemron Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 21:35)bsoriano Wrote: @snarfo , @Aaiemron , could you please try the latest on Git? The new settings should show the text now, and I have added the icon in the menu configuration dialog, as well as the ability to change it:

Regards,

Bart
Everything is working perfect now. Thanks a lot.
@Aaiemron , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - snarfo - 2021-01-12

Regards,

Bart

I got my menu icon issues sorted out and the text shows up in settings. So far everything looks good! Thanks much for the help, implementation, and the turnaround time.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - ontap - 2021-01-12

Like the icons only Bart, however , when using large widgets with the menu item Title label enabled, press right and highlight a widget the name of the movie is partially obscured by the title text.
Dont know whether you can hide name and length of movie when main menu title is enabled or shuffle it across to centre of screen ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-01-12

(2021-01-12, 00:15)ontap Wrote: Like the icons only Bart, however , when using large widgets with the menu item Title label enabled, press right and highlight a widget the name of the movie is partially obscured by the title text.
Dont know whether you can hide name and length of movie when main menu title is enabled or shuffle it across to centre of screen ?

@ontap, thanks for reporting this! I will fix this tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-01-12

(2021-01-12, 00:00)snarfo Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

I got my menu icon issues sorted out and the text shows up in settings. So far everything looks good! Thanks much for the help, implementation, and the turnaround time.

@snarfo, you are very welcome! I am glad it is working for you. Any suggestions on improvements for this feature or any other request/issue?

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2021-01-12

Finnish translation on amber settings is showing incorrectly. 'Enable use of Embuary helper' should be 'ota käyttöön Embuary helper'. As now it's showing as 'enable use of TMDB helper'

Also these would need finnish translations;

Icon only menu = Pelkkä ikoni valikko
Show menu item name = Näytä valikon nimi
Disable logo view = Älä käytä logo näkymää
Hide seek bar when paused = Piilota hakupalkki tauon aikana

Noticed also that when using 3 shelves, let's say for movies, and this new option 'show menu item name' is enabled, it's blocking the movie name. Not that big deal but wanted to let you know anyway :]

Aaw yes and been getting skin helper service error for couple of days now aswell. Installed some older amber skin but was still getting that error so...