Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-02-02

(2021-02-02, 17:00)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-02, 00:07)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 23:07)bsoriano Wrote: @billyrene , thanks for pointing this out.  This is because the skin playlist that this is based on has a limit of 25. 

I went ahead and increased the limit where it made sense to 100.  Please be aware that if you do not set a limit when you configure your shelves, some of these shelves will load slower than before, since they will be loading a lot more items before the shelf is displayed.  Thanks.

The changes are on GitHub only at this time.

Regards,

Bart
thank you for the info. i only wanted to increase to 50 when i noticed it and tested them all out

@billyrene , were you able to test the changes? Were you able to increase the limit to 50? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

i just tried it on the one i needed it for, the random movies, and it is working... thanks so much

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-02-02

(2021-02-02, 21:45)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-02-02, 17:00)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-02, 00:07)billyrene Wrote: thank you for the info. i only wanted to increase to 50 when i noticed it and tested them all out

@billyrene , were you able to test the changes? Were you able to increase the limit to 50? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

i just tried it on the one i needed it for, the random movies, and it is working... thanks so much
@billyrene , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-02-05

Hi @bsoriano,

Hope all is well with you. I just wanted to ask you if it is possible to have a sort option in "Recently Added" movies/tv shows option. Mainly in Recently Added Movies. Sometimes I can't find the latest movies in there. Well, mostly my wife because of vision. It would be great to have the option "Sort by "Date Added". I would really, really appreciate it if it's at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-02-05

i just noticed the icons are not working for tv shows above the shelves in the main menu.

they are working for movies on top of the shelves in the main menu (which is an awesome feature btw)

but not for any of the tv show shelves in the main menu.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-02-05

(2021-02-05, 00:39)shedrock Wrote: Hi @bsoriano,

Hope all is well with you. I just wanted to ask you if it is possible to have a sort option in "Recently Added" movies/tv shows option. Mainly in Recently Added Movies. Sometimes I can't find the latest movies in there. Well, mostly my wife because of vision. It would be great to have the option "Sort by "Date Added". I would really, really appreciate it if it's at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

Shedrock
@shedrock , thank God all is well, as I hope it is with you.  The default "Recently Added" submenu for Movies and Tv Shows is a Kodi-provided library node that should be sorted by date added, descending.  Kodi does not provide sort options for those library nodes.  What you can do (which I did) is replace the action for the submenu item with the recently added movies (or episodes) skin playlist.  The results should be the same, and Kodi does let you change the sort option for that.

So, for example, my Recently Added Movies submenu item action looks like this now (sorry that the text is cut off, it is long):

So, to get to that you would change the action by going to Video Library, Playlist, and then Movies Recently Added (the one that says Skin Playlist).  Please be aware that there are two recently added playlists, one that does not include watched items and one that does (it says so in the title).

It results in this when you choose the Recently Added submenu item for Movies:

You can do something similar for the Recently Added submenu item under TV Shows.  Please remember that submenu item provides you recently added episodes, so look for that playlist if you are going to replace the action of that submenu item.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-02-05, 10:59)billyrene Wrote: i just noticed the icons are not working for tv shows above the shelves in the main menu.

they are working for movies on top of the shelves in the main menu (which is an awesome feature btw)

@billyrene , if you have the option "Show Logo in Home Window' set to Yes in Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds, the logo should show.  Please make sure that you have logos loaded in Kodi.  You might have them in your filesystem, but they might not be in Kodi's texture cache.  You can use an addon such as Artwork Beef to download artwork and load it into Kodi's texture cache.  In the below screenshot you can see that logos do indeed show for tv shows:

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-02-05

(2021-02-05, 17:44)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-05, 10:59)billyrene Wrote: i just noticed the icons are not working for tv shows above the shelves in the main menu.

@billyrene , if you have the option "Show Logo in Home Window' set to Yes in Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds, the logo should show.  Please make sure that you have logos loaded in Kodi.  You might have them in your filesystem, but they might not be in Kodi's texture cache.  You can use an addon such as Artwork Beef to download artwork and load it into Kodi's texture cache.  In the below screenshot you can see that logos do indeed show for tv shows:

Regards,

Bart

"Show Logo in Home Window' setting is set to yes otherwise it wouldn't show for the movies but i just noticed the scraper i used for the tv shows did not get the clearlogos. for movies i use universal movie scraper and with this one i got the clearlogos. i used the TVDB to scrape the series and it does not scrape clearlogos. in none of the official tv scrapers is an option for the clearlogos. may i ask what scraper you are using for tv shows?

artwork beef doesn't seem to be available anymore for matrix

(2021-02-05, 18:51)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-02-05, 17:44)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

"Show Logo in Home Window' setting is set to yes otherwise it wouldn't show for the movies but i just noticed the scraper i used for the tv shows did not get the clearlogos. for movies i use universal movie scraper and with this one i got the clearlogos. i used the TVDB to scrape the series and it does not scrape clearlogos. in none of the official tv scrapers is an option for the clearlogos. may i ask what scraper you are using for tv shows?

@billyrene, I only use the local nfo scraper in Kodi. I use tiny media manager to manage my collection, and you can configure it to download artwork from tvdb, tmdb, fanart.tv and others. This works well for Matrix, since tmm downloads the artwork locally, and Kodi can be configured to pick up all the artwork that you have locally.

You are correct, there is no Artwork Beef for Matrix, only Artwork Dump. It does not load local artwork into Kodi's texture cache, since that is no longer needed in Matrix.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-02-06

@bsoriano - Thank you so much Bart. I have no clue why I did not even think of that. Too much on the old mind. Laugh

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-02-06

(2021-02-05, 20:26)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-05, 18:51)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-02-05, 17:44)bsoriano Wrote: i@billyrene , if you have the option "Show Logo in Home Window' set to Yes in Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds, the logo should show.  Please make sure that you have logos loaded in Kodi.  You might have them in your filesystem, but they might not be in Kodi's texture cache.  You can use an addon such as Artwork Beef to download artwork and load it into Kodi's texture cache.  In the below screenshot you can see that logos do indeed show for tv shows:

Regards,

Bart

@billyrene, I only use the local nfo scraper in Kodi. I use tiny media manager to manage my collection, and you can configure it to download artwork from tvdb, tmdb, fanart.tv and others. This works well for Matrix, since tmm downloads the artwork locally, and Kodi can be configured to pick up all the artwork that you have locally.

You are correct, there is no Artwork Beef for Matrix, only Artwork Dump. It does not load local artwork into Kodi's texture cache, since that is no longer needed in Matrix.

Regards,

Bart

i understand, thank you very much. i'll just try a couple of things to find out what the best solution is for me. have you ever thought of also implementing "characterart" in some views?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-02-06

(2021-02-06, 14:04)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-02-05, 20:26)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-05, 18:51)billyrene Wrote: "Show Logo in Home Window' setting is set to yes otherwise it wouldn't show for the movies but i just noticed the scraper i used for the tv shows did not get the clearlogos. for movies i use universal movie scraper and with this one i got the clearlogos. i used the TVDB to scrape the series and it does not scrape clearlogos. in none of the official tv scrapers is an option for the clearlogos. may i ask what scraper you are using for tv shows?

Regards,

Bart

i understand, thank you very much. i'll just try a couple of things to find out what the best solution is for me. have you ever thought of also implementing "characterart" in some views?
@billyrene, you can configure character art to show in applicable media views.  There is a setting that allows you to decide which extra art to show: logo, clearart, discart or character art.  The setting is in Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-02-06

(2021-02-06, 14:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 14:04)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-02-05, 20:26)bsoriano Wrote: @billyrene, I only use the local nfo scraper in Kodi. I use tiny media manager to manage my collection, and you can configure it to download artwork from tvdb, tmdb, fanart.tv and others. This works well for Matrix, since tmm downloads the artwork locally, and Kodi can be configured to pick up all the artwork that you have locally.

Regards,

Bart

@billyrene, you can configure character art to show in applicable media views.  There is a setting that allows you to decide which extra art to show: logo, clearart, discart or character art.  The setting is in Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views.

Regards,

Bart

ups, my bad. totally overlooked this setting. thank you

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-02-07

(2021-02-06, 14:59)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 14:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 14:04)billyrene Wrote: i understand, thank you very much. i'll just try a couple of things to find out what the best solution is for me. have you ever thought of also implementing "characterart" in some views?

Regards,

Bart

ups, my bad. totally overlooked this setting. thank you
@billyrene , no worries! Please test and let me know if it looks all right with character art.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-02-14

An issue with Amber on Matrix.... In the addons/Info page theres no "Update" button or in Matrix its called "Versions" now. To be clear, im talking about the info page when you click info on an addon in the addon browser. Other buttons there are Open, Configure, auto update, Disable, uninstall etc.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-02-15

@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I am not sure if you remember a while back I mentioned to you that sometimes when I go to install an addon, the "ok" button is not there? Well, today I was able to reproduce it. You can see from the 2 images. I had to exit and go back into it a few times until I got the option to choose "ok". Also, I seem to be having an issue with the menu icons in the settings area as you will see in the pic. I accidentally pressed my remotes ok button and then it displayed those icons. I am probably missing something that clearly in sight. Maybe you can tell me what's wrong.

ImageImageImage

Thanks as usual.

Shedrock