Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - tcfx44 - 2021-02-24

Hello,

I really like this skin. However, today my Kodi updated to Matrix and suddenly the backgrounds for Videos and Music are all black. I uninstalled the skin completely (including data) and tried reinstalling it from both Kodi and Amber repositories and I see the same issue. All other backgrounds are ok. I use Kodi on Android TV.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-02-24

(2021-02-23, 17:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 10:49)billyrene Wrote: i don't know if this is an amber or a kodi issue. for tv episodes the duration seems to be missing for me. in any view and no matter what scraper i use for tv shows the duration of the episode never shows. it also does not show in the "random episodes" shelf. this is just for tv episodes. movie duration working

the media flags and hdr/sdr flags also seem to be missing. movies and tv. i can see the media flags in the player but nowhere else. strange

@billyrene , there must be a Kodi or other issue in your system.  I am not experiencing this, either in Leia or Matrix.  If you switch to the default skin (Estuary), do you see the duration for tv episodes and the media flags?

Regards,

Bart

thanks for the tip. i switched to estuary and the duration of tv shows is also not displayed there so it seems it really is a kodi problem.

even stranger is the issue with the media flags. even tough i used the same scraper on all of my movies, some movies show the media flags and some movies don't...  for tv shows media flags don't work at all.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2021-02-24

(2021-02-23, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 22:43)Filmbuff Wrote: Updated to Kodi 19, got it all up and running after faffing about witht the Android SMB issue  Confused  
Anyway, all is running smoothly and Amber Matrix works as it is meant to, only one little thing, when skipping between bookmarks on a Shield TV pro, the seekbar vanishes in a tenth of a second after the skip. On a Win 10 computer with UWP install, the seekbar stays on for a couple of seconds, just enough to see the remaining time and other information, like it did on the Shield with Kodi 18.
I wonder if this is a Kodi or Amber issue, probably the former as it works well on Windows?
@Filmbuff , do you mean in this screen?

If so, for me in Windows, the seek bar stays the whole time.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I made some updates to the seek bar, which might affect what you are seeing.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano, I noticed on your screenshot there are chapter markers in the timeline.
I don't have this function with Amber on Kodi Leia. Is it only available with Amber on Kodi Matrix ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-02-24

(2021-02-24, 00:37)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: Hi @bsoriano,

Wondering if there is an issue with Sets/Collections? (Current Amber Matrix version with updated Kodi LibreElec nightly)
I noticed my Sets stopped scanning in any artwork - I can't say exactly when they stopped scanning since I don't view them all the time, sorry.
After making sure that my paths didn't change for some reason, I just started adding by hand through the manage option.

In the pictures you will notice the Set Names overlayed on the Clearart. This also carries over when Sets are viewed in the Movies list.

I use a Playlist to list the Movies, but I do not use any playlist for sets - since they have thier own folder path for images built into Kodi now (MSIF).
Might this be an internal Kodi bug?

Picture while in "Sets" view:

Picture while in "Movies" view, with "Show Sets" option turned on in Kodi Media/Video settings:

Thank you for your continued work on the skin Smile
DM
@TheRealDeadMan , I do not know what might be the issue in your case; I cannot reproduce this issue.  This is what it looks like for me, under Windows:

What options do you have enabled for Logo view? If you restart Kodi does the issue remain? I think there must be something else going on, that might not be skin related.  I apologize I cannot be of more help at this time.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-02-24, 14:27)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 22:43)Filmbuff Wrote: Updated to Kodi 19, got it all up and running after faffing about witht the Android SMB issue  Confused  
Anyway, all is running smoothly and Amber Matrix works as it is meant to, only one little thing, when skipping between bookmarks on a Shield TV pro, the seekbar vanishes in a tenth of a second after the skip. On a Win 10 computer with UWP install, the seekbar stays on for a couple of seconds, just enough to see the remaining time and other information, like it did on the Shield with Kodi 18.
I wonder if this is a Kodi or Amber issue, probably the former as it works well on Windows?

If so, for me in Windows, the seek bar stays the whole time.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I made some updates to the seek bar, which might affect what you are seeing.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano, I noticed on your screenshot there are chapter markers in the timeline.
I don't have this function with Amber on Kodi Leia. Is it only available with Amber on Kodi Matrix ?
@Cyberdom , yes, this is only available on Matrix.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-02-24, 00:57)Filmbuff Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Tried the last one from github, still the same. Let me see if I can explain it better, it's the bit in red in your picture, here: 

I have the seekbar in the default position, above the video, and on the Shield remote when skipping chapters/bookmarks, the seekbar comes on for a couple of seconds to give you the relevant information. It's just that the seekbar comes on for a tenth of a second, instead of a couple of seconds.
@Filmbuff , unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue on Windows, which is the only environment that I can test in at this time.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Filmbuff - 2021-02-24

(2021-02-24, 15:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 00:57)Filmbuff Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote: @Filmbuff , do you mean in this screen?

Regards,

Bart
Tried the last one from github, still the same. Let me see if I can explain it better, it's the bit in red in your picture, here: 

I have the seekbar in the default position, above the video, and on the Shield remote when skipping chapters/bookmarks, the seekbar comes on for a couple of seconds to give you the relevant information. It's just that the seekbar comes on for a tenth of a second, instead of a couple of seconds.
@Filmbuff , unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue on Windows, which is the only environment that I can test in at this time.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 
That's fine, it's not that big of a deal. I tried it with the default skin, to see if it's a Kodi/Android issue, but surprisingly it works as it should on the default skin, very odd indeed.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2021-02-24

(2021-02-24, 15:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 14:27)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote: @Filmbuff , do you mean in this screen?

Regards,

Bart
@Cyberdom , yes, this is only available on Matrix.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano, thanks for the precision.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - TheRealDeadMan - 2021-02-24

(2021-02-24, 15:19)bsoriano Wrote: What options do you have enabled for Logo view? If you restart Kodi does the issue remain? I think there must be something else going on, that might not be skin related.  I apologize I cannot be of more help at this time.

Have been playing around with it this morning. I do think there is a auto-scanning problem with Kodi Matrix itself, so I will look into or ask about that elsewhere.

Under Amber, I usually have "Use Clearart" selected.
If I change to "Use Logo" (2nd picture) I still have to select the images manually, but they do show as they should once loaded.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Filmbuff - 2021-02-25

(2021-02-24, 17:50)Filmbuff Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 00:57)Filmbuff Wrote: Tried the last one from github, still the same. Let me see if I can explain it better, it's the bit in red in your picture, here: 

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 
That's fine, it's not that big of a deal. I tried it with the default skin, to see if it's a Kodi/Android issue, but surprisingly it works as it should on the default skin, very odd indeed.

So, I did some testing, downgraded to the Kodi repo version 3.4.11 and that worked, the seek bar stays on for a second and a half or so, then I updated from the Amber repo to 3.4.13 and now that works just the same.
Problem solved Smile

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - TheRealDeadMan - 2021-02-25

(2021-02-24, 19:04)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: Under Amber, I usually have "Use Clearart" selected.
@bsoriano, think I have narrowed it down somewhat.

It's a little confusing, but I keep the "Use ClearArt" option on the whole time for the listview setting.

If I select the "clearart" image only, it will end up with the Set Title overlayed on the picture.

If I select the "Clearlogo" image at anytime before or after (whether with the Logo option On or Off) it will fix the overlay problem completely.

So, I just need to make sure I select both styles if I want to stick with the "Clearart" styles, otherwise it will use the "ClearLogo" image until I select the "ClearArt" image again.

Hope that clears it up a somewhat. Smile

I also did a complete rescan and rebuild of my image cache from my server to see if that would fix anything, but it didn't.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2021-02-26

@bsoriano, the Kodi Matrix update has been available for a few days.
Before doing this update to switch from Kodi Leia to Kodi Matrix, I have a few questions.

- Can I use a backup of Amber's settings made in Kodi Leia with Amber in Kodi Matrix ?
- Should I uninstall Amber and Amber repository for Kodi Leia before updating to Kodi Matrix ?
- Should I install Amber and Amber repository for Kodi Matrix only after updating to Kodi Matrix ?

Thank you in advance.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Piranha2004 - 2021-02-26

Hi again. 

Not sure if it is an issue or Ive just forgotten how I did it. Basically my folder structure for English Movies is as such for certain collections:

English Movies -> XYZ Set -> Individual movies in there. 

E.g. for Marvel it would be English Movies -> Marvel set -> Then individual movies. 

Now in the home screen, I have a dedicated shortcut that takes me to the English movies folder and the view is icons. Any folder with a collection has customised folder artwork (so for Marvel it shows the standard Marvel logo). Ive recently added a new set/collection (Monty Python for those wondering) but I cant figure out how to assign the artwork to the folder. Ive downloaded the artwork into the Monty Python folder as "download.jpg" but not sure how to navigate to this and assign it (like to you can with individual movie artwork). Im pretty sure we could do this in an older version of Kodi/Amber. Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-02-26

(2021-02-26, 11:36)Piranha2004 Wrote: Hi again. 

Not sure if it is an issue or Ive just forgotten how I did it. Basically my folder structure for English Movies is as such for certain collections:

English Movies -> XYZ Set -> Individual movies in there. 

E.g. for Marvel it would be English Movies -> Marvel set -> Then individual movies. 

Now in the home screen, I have a dedicated shortcut that takes me to the English movies folder and the view is icons. Any folder with a collection has customised folder artwork (so for Marvel it shows the standard Marvel logo). Ive recently added a new set/collection (Monty Python for those wondering) but I cant figure out how to assign the artwork to the folder. Ive downloaded the artwork into the Monty Python folder as "download.jpg" but not sure how to navigate to this and assign it (like to you can with individual movie artwork). Im pretty sure we could do this in an older version of Kodi/Amber. Any help would be appreciated.
@Piranha2004 , have you tried renaming the artwork "folder.jpg"? Kodi should pick it up.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-02-27

(2021-02-24, 17:50)Filmbuff Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 00:57)Filmbuff Wrote: Tried the last one from github, still the same. Let me see if I can explain it better, it's the bit in red in your picture, here: 

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 
@Filmbuff , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I made some fixes to the seek bar that I am hoping will resolve this issue.  Please let me know if it is indeed solved.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart