Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-03-09

(2021-03-09, 22:54)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

In Tall List view, I am almost 100% sure I used to be able to see the episode thumb. Did something change? or am I not doing something right again? Rofl

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , please make sure that you do not have the option "Episodes Use Poster" active.  A while ago I made it consistent so that if this option is enabled, poster instead of thumb will be shown for episodes in all view types.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-03-09

(2021-03-06, 22:52)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 14:18)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Just a heads up, now that Kodi Matrix is out, I will concentrate my development efforts on Matrix.  This means that any new functionality will be done primarily for Matrix.  I will continue to support Leia, but it will mainly be for bug fixes.

Regards,

Bart
OK, it's noted.

(2021-03-05, 12:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 23:36)Cyberdom Wrote: Thanks for the explanation @bsoriano.

Another topic, I don't know if you read my post about using Amber's backup ?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=3017273#pid3017273

I put it back here:
The Kodi Matrix update has been available for a few days.
Before doing this update to switch from Kodi Leia to Kodi Matrix, I have a few questions.

- Can I use a backup of Amber's settings made in Kodi Leia with Amber in Kodi Matrix ?
- Should I uninstall Amber and Amber repository for Kodi Leia before updating to Kodi Matrix ?
- Should I install Amber and Amber repository for Kodi Matrix only after updating to Kodi Matrix ?

Thank you in advance.

@Cyberdom, my apologies, I had not seen that post.  A backup of the settings made in Leia should work in Matrix.  I will test that today to let you know exactly what to backup.

You should uninstall Amber and the Amber repo for Leia before upgrading, then upgrade, then install the Amber repo for Matrix, and then install Amber from the Amber repo for Matrix.  Quit Kodi, restore the Backup, and then restart Kodi.

In terms of the backup, these instructions suppose that you backed up the settings manually.  Please give me a few hours and I will let you know exactly what to backup.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano while waiting for more detailed explanations.

But why should I quit Kodi Matrix before restoring Amber backup made in Kodi Leia ?
Can't I just use Amber Backup Tool to restore Amber backup without having to quit Kodi ?
@Cyberdom , a few months ago I changed the backup addon that Amber relies on from skin helper skin backup to the xbmcbackup addon.  This due to not having official maintenance and support of all of the skin helper service related addons.  With the new addon, it has greater functionality, but at the cost of not backing up just the skin settings, unless you configure it specifically to do that.  I explained all that in the post where I introduced that change (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2995320#pid2995320) and here (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2995327#pid2995327).

So, in theory, you can backup your whole Leia configuration with the backup addon, and restore it in Matrix.  To be honest, I have not tried that, so I do not know if it will work well.  

As for my own case, which I was going to test to provide you more details, unfortunately I had to start from scratch and rebuild my Kodi main setup, starting with a clean installation of Kodi Matrix.  So, I do not have further information for you.  What I ended up doing was installing Kodi Matrix, installing Amber from the Kodi repo, installing the Amber repo from Matrix, and updating Amber from the Amber repo.  After that, I had to redo all of my menu/submenu/widgets configuration.

I apologize I could not be of more help.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-03-10

(2021-03-09, 23:32)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , please make sure that you do not have the option "Episodes Use Poster" active.  A while ago I made it consistent so that if this option is enabled, poster instead of thumb will be shown for episodes in all view types. 
Thank you Bart. I had it se to yes. I must have had it off for some time now, because I just noticed you made the thumb image smaller, or maybe it is just my eyes. It sucks getting old. Big Grin

Thanks again,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2021-03-10

(2021-03-09, 23:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 22:52)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 14:18)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Just a heads up, now that Kodi Matrix is out, I will concentrate my development efforts on Matrix.  This means that any new functionality will be done primarily for Matrix.  I will continue to support Leia, but it will mainly be for bug fixes.

Regards,

Bart
OK, it's noted.

(2021-03-05, 12:42)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom, my apologies, I had not seen that post.  A backup of the settings made in Leia should work in Matrix.  I will test that today to let you know exactly what to backup.

You should uninstall Amber and the Amber repo for Leia before upgrading, then upgrade, then install the Amber repo for Matrix, and then install Amber from the Amber repo for Matrix.  Quit Kodi, restore the Backup, and then restart Kodi.

In terms of the backup, these instructions suppose that you backed up the settings manually.  Please give me a few hours and I will let you know exactly what to backup.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

But why should I quit Kodi Matrix before restoring Amber backup made in Kodi Leia ?
Can't I just use Amber Backup Tool to restore Amber backup without having to quit Kodi ?
@Cyberdom , a few months ago I changed the backup addon that Amber relies on from skin helper skin backup to the xbmcbackup addon.  This due to not having official maintenance and support of all of the skin helper service related addons.  With the new addon, it has greater functionality, but at the cost of not backing up just the skin settings, unless you configure it specifically to do that.  I explained all that in the post where I introduced that change (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2995320#pid2995320) and here (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2995327#pid2995327).

So, in theory, you can backup your whole Leia configuration with the backup addon, and restore it in Matrix.  To be honest, I have not tried that, so I do not know if it will work well.  

As for my own case, which I was going to test to provide you more details, unfortunately I had to start from scratch and rebuild my Kodi main setup, starting with a clean installation of Kodi Matrix.  So, I do not have further information for you.  What I ended up doing was installing Kodi Matrix, installing Amber from the Kodi repo, installing the Amber repo from Matrix, and updating Amber from the Amber repo.  After that, I had to redo all of my menu/submenu/widgets configuration.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for these details @bsoriano.

I read your post (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2995327#pid2995327) which explains how to use the script.xbmcbackup addon but it doesn't sound easy.

(2020-12-14, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: First, if you are using Leia, please install the recommended version for Leia: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/krypton-1.5.3 .  If you are using Matrix, install the version in the Kodi Matrix repo, which is pretty up to date.
Does the script.xbmcbackup addon download automatically by activating the script in Amber dependencies ?
Can we use version 1.1.3 which is available in the Kodi Leia repository ?

(2020-12-14, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: As you can see from the above screenshot, I also added the userdata/addon_data/skin.amber folder and userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts folder as include folders, since this is where the Amber settings are, and where the menu/submenu/widgets configuration is.
So if I understood correctly, to save Amber settings, we just need to back up the userdata/addon_data/skin.amber folder and the userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts folder ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-03-11

(2021-03-10, 23:47)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-03-09, 23:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 22:52)Cyberdom Wrote: OK, it's noted.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for these details @bsoriano.

I read your post (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2995327#pid2995327) which explains how to use the script.xbmcbackup addon but it doesn't sound easy.

(2020-12-14, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: First, if you are using Leia, please install the recommended version for Leia: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/krypton-1.5.3 .  If you are using Matrix, install the version in the Kodi Matrix repo, which is pretty up to date.
Does the script.xbmcbackup addon download automatically by activating the script in Amber dependencies ?
Can we use version 1.1.3 which is available in the Kodi Leia repository ?

(2020-12-14, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: As you can see from the above screenshot, I also added the userdata/addon_data/skin.amber folder and userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts folder as include folders, since this is where the Amber settings are, and where the menu/submenu/widgets configuration is.
So if I understood correctly, to save Amber settings, we just need to back up the userdata/addon_data/skin.amber folder and the userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts folder ?
@Cyberdom , yes, you can get the Matrix version of the backup addon from the "Manage Dependencies" area of Amber settings.  You should only use the Matrix version in Matrix.

As for saving the Amber settings, backing up those two folders should get you the configuration you have done in the skin settings and the configuration of your menu/submenu/widgets. 

Once you have your Matrix install, and have installed Amber (and the Amber for Matrix repo), switch to Amber and after you have a default menu configuration (skinshortcuts should build a default menu), got to the Manage Dependencies and install the backup addon; then, quit Kodi (so that an Amber settings folder gets created).  After that, restart Kodi, switch to Estuary, run the backup addon, restore the two folders you backed up in Leia, and switch back to Amber.  You should now in theory have the exact configuration that you had in Leia, including menu/submenu/wigets.

I could not do this myself, because my Matrix install was giving me a buch of errors, so I decided to start from scratch.

Please let me know if this all works for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.127 (Leia) and 3.4.14 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  After this version, all new functionality will go to the Matrix version, and I will only do bug fixes to the Leia version.

Highlights of the version:

1. Option for left-aligning the vertical menu item text.  You can find the option here:

2. Improvements to local search select dialog.  When you have "Show Only Local Info" and "Search only in Local Database" enabled, and you click on a cast item in the video info window, you will get a dialog like this now:

As you can see, I have added media info to each item, used the poster instead of the icon, and added media flags.  

3. Improvements for normal lyrics.  I have reduced the font size of normal lyrics and made it so that up to 10 lyrics lines can be shown at the same time.  It looks like this:

4.  Option to Dim background when showing lyrics.  This was always being done before.  Now it is optional.  It is important to note that the default is NOT to dim the background when showing lyrics.  You can find the new setting here:

5.  Option to show the seek bar at the start of playback.  Now you have the option to show the seek bar at the start of video playback.  You can choose how long to show the seek bar.  It is important to note that, on Leia, if you have enabled to play the next video automatically and activate this new setting, the seek bar will show for about two seconds when the next video starts, no matter what interval you choose in Amber settings.  I will not be able to change or fix that.  The setting works as expected in Matrix.  You can find the new setting here:

6.  Option to show media info with seek bar.  If you enable this new setting, Amber will show basic media info with the seek bar.  You can find the new setting here:

It looks like this:

7.  Alternate layout for Favourites.  I have added an alternate layout for favourites, which resembles the Big List view.  Please do not ask me to do any other alternative layouts for favourites, as I will not do any more.  You can find the new setting here:

And it looks like this (it is important to note that the only info a skinner has for each favourite is title and icon):

8.  Add Trakt rating in video info dialog.  If you have this rating loaded in your db, Amber will now show it in the video info dialog.  It important to not that I have not added yet the option to disable showing this rating.  It looks like this:

9.  Single column option for Simple List view.  You can now choose to only show one column when using Simple List view.  The setting is here:

And the result is this:

Finally, there are multiple other smaller features and fixes. 

Please test thoroughly and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2021-03-11

(2021-03-11, 00:12)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , yes, you can get the Matrix version of the backup addon from the "Manage Dependencies" area of Amber settings.  You should only use the Matrix version in Matrix.
So under Kodi Leia, I must not activate the dependency of the script.xbmcbackup addon ?
Is it only for Kodi Matrix ?

(2021-03-11, 00:12)bsoriano Wrote: As for saving the Amber settings, backing up those two folders should get you the configuration you have done in the skin settings and the configuration of your menu/submenu/widgets. 

Once you have your Matrix install, and have installed Amber (and the Amber for Matrix repo), switch to Amber and after you have a default menu configuration (skinshortcuts should build a default menu), got to the Manage Dependencies and install the backup addon; then, quit Kodi (so that an Amber settings folder gets created).  After that, restart Kodi, switch to Estuary, run the backup addon, restore the two folders you backed up in Leia, and switch back to Amber.  You should now in theory have the exact configuration that you had in Leia, including menu/submenu/wigets.
Thank you for the details. I didn't know I had to go through Estuary to restore Amber's backup.

(2021-03-11, 00:12)bsoriano Wrote: Please let me know if this all works for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I am using Kodi Leia on my Nvidia Shield TV and on my Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreELEC. I have a centralized database so I am waiting for the update for Kodi Matrix to be available on all my devices.

(2021-03-11, 00:37)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-03-11, 00:12)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , yes, you can get the Matrix version of the backup addon from the "Manage Dependencies" area of Amber settings.  You should only use the Matrix version in Matrix.
So under Kodi Leia, I must not activate the dependency of the script.xbmcbackup addon ?
Is it only for Kodi Matrix ?

(2021-03-11, 00:12)bsoriano Wrote: As for saving the Amber settings, backing up those two folders should get you the configuration you have done in the skin settings and the configuration of your menu/submenu/widgets. 

Thank you for the details. I didn't know I had to go through Estuary to restore Amber's backup.

(2021-03-11, 00:12)bsoriano Wrote: Please let me know if this all works for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I am using Kodi Leia on my Nvidia Shield TV and on my Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreELEC. I have a centralized database so I am waiting for the update for Kodi Matrix to be available on all my devices.
@Cyberdom , my apologies for not understanding well your question.  Yes, you can use the backup addon in Leia, but the version I mentioned in my post, not the one in the Kodi repo.  So use version 1.5.x in Leia, not the 1.1.3 version.

Also, I mention switching to Estuary before doing the restore to be on the safe side, and also so that you do not get a black screen or other weirdness if you do the restore with Amber active.  That is just my recommendation, being extra cautious.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Johnny1982fd - 2021-03-11

Hi @bsoriano 

under Leia with LibreElec i dont see the "addons".

This was a issue in past releases. Can you fix this please?

(2021-03-11, 13:46)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @bsoriano 

under Leia with LibreElec i dont see the "addons".

This was a issue in past releases. Can you fix this please?
@Johnny1982fd , I am not sure what you mean.  You do not have an "Addons" main menu item? Please clarify and provide screenshots if you can.  I run LibreELEC as a Virtual Machine under Windows, and with Leia and the latest Amber version (3.2.127) I do not have any issues with addons.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-12-14, 20:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-14, 20:45)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @bsoriano 

on Libreelec the addon view is not visible.

Guess it is a bug.

Can you confirm this ?
@Johnny1982fd , did you update to 3.2.116? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano 

here was the same bug.

If you go to Settings, Addon browser, there is no view. YOu fix this in version 117.
I have latest 127.

(2021-03-11, 15:33)Johnny1982fd Wrote:
(2020-12-14, 20:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-14, 20:45)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @bsoriano 

on Libreelec the addon view is not visible.

Guess it is a bug.

Can you confirm this ?
@Johnny1982fd , did you update to 3.2.116? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano 

here was the same bug.

If you go to Settings, Addon browser, there is no view. YOu fix this in version 117.
I have latest 127.
@Johnny1982fd , thanks for the reminder.  Could you please update Amber again from the Amber repo? It's the same version, 3.2.127.  I would like to confirm with you if the issue is gone.  If it is, then I know for certain that one file which I understood was not needed for Leia is really necessary.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-03-11, 17:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-11, 15:33)Johnny1982fd Wrote:
(2020-12-14, 20:53)bsoriano Wrote: @Johnny1982fd , did you update to 3.2.116? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano 

here was the same bug.

I have latest 127.
@Johnny1982fd , thanks for the reminder.  Could you please update Amber again from the Amber repo? It's the same version, 3.2.127.  I would like to confirm with you if the issue is gone.  If it is, then I know for certain that one file which I understood was not needed for Leia is really necessary.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano 

i test it but bug still exists.

(2021-03-11, 18:04)Johnny1982fd Wrote:
(2021-03-11, 17:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-11, 15:33)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @bsoriano 

here was the same bug.

I have latest 127.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano 

@Johnny1982fd , then I will need screenshots of what you are seeing exactly, as well as a debug log, so I can evaluate what is happening.  Please provide those.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-03-11, 18:37)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-11, 18:04)Johnny1982fd Wrote:
(2021-03-11, 17:10)bsoriano Wrote: @Johnny1982fd , thanks for the reminder.  Could you please update Amber again from the Amber repo? It's the same version, 3.2.127.  I would like to confirm with you if the issue is gone.  If it is, then I know for certain that one file which I understood was not needed for Leia is really necessary.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano 

@Johnny1982fd , then I will need screenshots of what you are seeing exactly, as well as a debug log, so I can evaluate what is happening.  Please provide those.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano 

here we go:

1.) Settings
2.) Addons
3.) Addon Browser --> Empty

Link (switch Pic 2 / 3 wrong sort) The Result ist Addon Browser which is empty.:

https://imgur.com/a/g08IoAO