Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - zorg2000k - 2021-03-26

(2021-03-26, 19:51)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 18:05)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 16:41)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , I currently do not have any concrete plans for Music.  Since you like the Netflix style, could you please let me know what would you like to see in a music view, Netflix style? If possible, please let me know what would you like to see in a Netflix style view for Artists, for Albums and for Songs.  Thanks.

As for addon dependencies, the only addon that Amber really requires to function is script.skinshortcuts, which Estuary does not use.  I do not know whether that addon might be causing any of the crashes you are experiencing.  script.favourites and resource.uisounds.amber are also dependencies.  If you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Manage Dependencies you can see a list of other addons that Amber can use if present.  I do not know if you have any of those addons installed, and if the Matrix version for any of them could be causing the crashes in your system.

Please check, and if you can pinpoint the cause, please share.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Great, I'll look into this over the weekend

Also, I've found the addon which was causing a hard crash in Kodi , Embuary Helper v2.0.6, disable it and hasn't crashed since. Kodi crashes with Amber or Madnox for Matrix with this addon enabled.

@zorg2000k, thank you for that info! What OS are you using? 

Regards,

Bart
Windows 10 
19042.867 build

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-03-28

1. would it be possible to add an additional button in the video player, where the subtitle, bookmark etc. buttons are located, from which one can access the movie information page, the one you get when you hit information from the context menu?

maybe with an option to auto pause playback when looking up this info?

2. would it be possible to get more than one "set favourite addons for shelf" option? maybe shelf 1, 2, 3 etc.

3. i updated from github and was wondering if that (ends at....) feature you put in can be optional? maybe a setting to turn off? please! it now is everywhere and there is such a thing as too much information. i don't need to know when a 3 minute song ends or a 4 minute youtube video. in some add ons like shoutcast you only get (Ends at) or even only () since there is no end to a 24/7 stream i guess. please please please

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-03-29

(2021-03-28, 08:43)billyrene Wrote: 1. would it be possible to add an additional button in the video player, where the subtitle, bookmark etc. buttons are located, from which one can access the movie information page, the one you get when you hit information from the context menu?

2. would it be possible to get more than one "set favourite addons for shelf" option? maybe shelf 1, 2, 3 etc.

3. i updated from github and was wondering if that (ends at....) feature you put in can be optional? maybe a setting to turn off? please! it now is everywhere and there is such a thing as too much information. i don't need to know when a 3 minute song ends or a 4 minute youtube video. in some add ons like shoutcast you only get (Ends at) or even only () since there is no end to a 24/7 stream i guess. please please please
@billyrene 

1. I found out how to do this, the changes are on GitHub already.  You will find 2 new settings:

Please be aware that you need the addon service.library.data.provider for the new settings to show up.  This addon is available from the Kodi repo.  So what will happen is that when you click on the "info" button on the OSD, it will open up the video info dialog.  The only difference in that video info dialog is that you cannot play from it (you're already playing something), and you cannot change artwork from it.

Here is a screenshot that shows what button needs to be pressed to get the video info dialog, and another that shows the resulting video info dialog:

2. You can add up to 4 "custom" shelves, where you can put whatever you want that can be set as a menu item/submenu item.  This includes, of course, addons.  When you configure a shelf, you can select "custom" from the "Default Shelves", and this will allow you to configure the custom shelf.  Like this:

It is important to note that you do have to choose an icon for each item in a custom shelf (unless you are choosing a section of an addon as the item, in which case the addon icon should show up), or else a default icon will be shown.  This is the result from me choosing 2 custom shelves with addons for the Addons main menu item:

3.  I will add this to my To-Do.

EDIT: @billyrene , I already added this on GitHub as well.  The new setting is here:

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-03-30

(2021-03-29, 16:32)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-28, 08:43)billyrene Wrote: 1. would it be possible to add an additional button in the video player, where the subtitle, bookmark etc. buttons are located, from which one can access the movie information page, the one you get when you hit information from the context menu?

@billyrene 

1. I found out how to do this, the changes are on GitHub already.  You will find 2 new settings:

Please be aware that you need the addon service.library.data.provider for the new settings to show up.  This addon is available from the Kodi repo.  So what will happen is that when you click on the "info" button on the OSD, it will open up the video info dialog.  The only difference in that video info dialog is that you cannot play from it (you're already playing something), and you cannot change artwork from it.

Here is a screenshot that shows what button needs to be pressed to get the video info dialog, and another that shows the resulting video info dialog:

2. You can add up to 4 "custom" shelves, where you can put whatever you want that can be set as a menu item/submenu item.  This includes, of course, addons.  When you configure a shelf, you can select "custom" from the "Default Shelves", and this will allow you to configure the custom shelf.  Like this:

It is important to note that you do have to choose an icon for each item in a custom shelf (unless you are choosing a section of an addon as the item, in which case the addon icon should show up), or else a default icon will be shown.  This is the result from me choosing 2 custom shelves with addons for the Addons main menu item:

EDIT: @billyrene , I already added this on GitHub as well.  The new setting is here:

Regards,

Bart

wow awesome thank you so much for taking care of this. and so quickly Smile

1. i experimented with this a little bit and it's  working quite well but for some reason for movies i sometimes i get the information for the previously played movie. like in the image below. the movie playing is lethal weapon but the info displayed is for  dawn of the dead, the previous movie i was trying this out on. the image is correct as you can see.

for tv shows the season artwork is not showing when you choose NO on "show episode thumb". the thumb is showing when you choose yes on this option

that is what i found so far on this

2. PERFECT. this is even better than i was hoping for. makes me wonder what else this skin can do that i don't know of Wink probably a lot

3. Awesome. thank you so much

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-03-30

(2021-03-30, 11:15)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-03-29, 16:32)bsoriano Wrote:

@billyrene 

Regards,

Bart

1. i experimented with this a little bit and it's  working quite well but for some reason for movies i sometimes i get the information for the previously played movie. like in the image below. the movie playing is lethal weapon but the info displayed is for  dawn of the dead, the previous movie i was trying this out on. the image is correct as you can see.

for tv shows the season artwork is not showing when you choose NO on "show episode thumb". the thumb is showing when you choose yes on this option

2. PERFECT. this is even better than i was hoping for. makes me wonder what else this skin can do that i don't know of Wink probably a lot

@billyrene , thank you for testing and your feedback.  I have not been able to reproduce the first issue you mention.  As for the season poster for episodes, I just fixed that on GitHub.  Please let me know if it is now showing correctly for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Franky Doparoma - 2021-03-30

@bsoriano 
I´d like to ask you, is there any way to see the whole description in TV section?
As you can see on the picture, the end of description is missing.
There is an option in movie section, when the description of movie is too long, I can click on three dots in right corner, and then description is open in new window.
Hope you understand what I´m thinking.
Sorry for my englist

Thanks.

Regards Franky.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-03-30

(2021-03-30, 19:53)Franky Doparoma Wrote: @bsoriano 
I´d like to ask you, is there any way to see the whole description in TV section?
As you can see on the picture, the end of description is missing.
There is an option in movie section, when the description of movie is too long, I can click on three dots in right corner, and then description is open in new window.
Hope you understand what I´m thinking.
Sorry for my englist

Thanks.

Regards Franky.
@Franky Doparoma , thank you for the feedback.  I had overlooked PVR info when implementing this.  The changes are now on GitHub.  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Franky Doparoma , the changes are already on GitHub.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - startreksuite - 2021-03-31

I had a question about background images using the Amber skin in Kodi Matrix. I got some images from fanart.tv, and I noticed that some of them to fill up past the screen (faces are off the screen). Is it a resolution issue, like is the picture too big, or the resolution too small?
Thanks in advance!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-03-31

(2021-03-30, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-30, 11:15)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-03-29, 16:32)bsoriano Wrote: @billyrene 

Regards,

Bart

@billyrene , thank you for testing and your feedback.  I have not been able to reproduce the first issue you mention.  As for the season poster for episodes, I just fixed that on GitHub.  Please let me know if it is now showing correctly for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

i tested it a little bit more and found out that the first issue only happens when you start a movie and try the info button within the first couple of seconds then it shows the info of the previous movie. maybe it just takes some time time to load the new info and the previous movie is still in the cache or something

season posters are now loading nicely

while testing it i found a couple of other strange thing that are going on. when you are watching a tv show, have the new setting enabled and hit the info button you get of course this

please note the title and the runtime in the next images

when i highlight extras, whatever extra i highlight, it shows up in the title instead of the S#E#. the runtime also seems to be changing. it's a little hard to see in the third image cause of the dim but if you hit the ... for the plot popup the S#E# in the title in the background seems to be disappearing completely

while i was double checking in the "regular" tv episodes info if this is also the case there, which is not, i discovered that in this info the tv show name is missing in the title.

and since i was speaking of disappearing before i also notice in the main menu, in movies, on the shelves when there is a popup the duration of the movie seems to be disappearing

i use recently added movies, random and in progress and it happens in all 3 of them

sorry to lay this all on you

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-03-31

(2021-03-31, 04:18)startreksuite Wrote: I had a question about background images using the Amber skin in Kodi Matrix. I got some images from fanart.tv, and I noticed that some of them to fill up past the screen (faces are off the screen). Is it a resolution issue, like is the picture too big, or the resolution too small?
Thanks in advance!
@startreksuite , I would need to see screenshots of what you are experiencing.  Is this for home screen backgrounds? Is this media fanart?  Amber is generally designed for 1080p resolution.  Please provide more info as to where this is happening, and example images as well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-03-31, 08:24)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-03-30, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-30, 11:15)billyrene Wrote: wow awesome thank you so much for taking care of this. and so quickly Smile

Regards,

Bart

i tested it a little bit more and found out that the first issue only happens when you start a movie and try the info button within the first couple of seconds then it shows the info of the previous movie. maybe it just takes some time time to load the new info and the previous movie is still in the cache or something

season posters are now loading nicely

while testing it i found a couple of other strange thing that are going on. when you are watching a tv show, have the new setting enabled and hit the info button you get of course this

please note the title and the runtime in the next images

when i highlight extras, whatever extra i highlight, it shows up in the title instead of the S#E#. the runtime also seems to be changing. it's a little hard to see in the third image cause of the dim but if you hit the ... for the plot popup the S#E# in the title in the background seems to be disappearing completely

while i was double checking in the "regular" tv episodes info if this is also the case there, which is not, i discovered that in this info the tv show name is missing in the title.

and since i was speaking of disappearing before i also notice in the main menu, in movies, on the shelves when there is a popup the duration of the movie seems to be disappearing

i use recently added movies, random and in progress and it happens in all 3 of them

sorry to lay this all on you
@billyrene , thanks for the additional testing and feedback.  I do not know that there is anything I can do about the first issue.  As for the rest, it seems there is a problem when displaying duration as hours and minutes that I need to address.  I will be looking into this today.

Regards,

Bart

@billyrene , please test the latest from GitHub.  the duration issues should be solved.  I could not figure out the issue with the shelves when duration is in hours nad minutes, so I reverted that back to standard duration format.  Please let me know if the other issues are fixed for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - startreksuite - 2021-03-31

(2021-03-31, 15:54)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 04:18)startreksuite Wrote: I had a question about background images using the Amber skin in Kodi Matrix. I got some images from fanart.tv, and I noticed that some of them to fill up past the screen (faces are off the screen). Is it a resolution issue, like is the picture too big, or the resolution too small?
Thanks in advance!
@startreksuite , I would need to see screenshots of what you are experiencing.  Is this for home screen backgrounds? Is this media fanart?  Amber is generally designed for 1080p resolution.  Please provide more info as to where this is happening, and example images as well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi bsoriano,
I am using this for backgrounds of my tv shows I have accumulated. Currently I have Mike and Molly, which I got from fanart.tv, and fits the screen perfectly. I tried Outsourced, from their site as well. The image appears pixelated a little bit, but works. I got some images from the show Sliders from this site, and many fill up past the screen. Tonight when I am home I will put up screenshots. I have each of these shows as their own home page, like add-ons, videos, programs, etc.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Franky Doparoma - 2021-03-31

(2021-03-30, 21:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-30, 19:53)Franky Doparoma Wrote: @Franky Doparoma , thank you for the feedback.  I had overlooked PVR info when implementing this.  The changes are now on GitHub.  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Franky Doparoma , the changes are already on GitHub.
@bsoriano , thank you very much for these changes, full plot is working now.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Reynald - 2021-04-02

Hello, first of all, this is a wonderful bravo skin.
I have a concern. I have tried all the functions I can and I still have the problem, maybe am I the idiot?
My problem is that not all of the fanarts in the movies view (all available views) are showing. Some yes, other no. I don't understand why, since nothing seems to be a problem.
I tried to update the info to scrap some new fanart and nothing came up. I checked if there was a fanart.jpg and whether or not it didn't change anything. I'm lost .