Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-04-02

Hey bsoriano, curious about the Infolines that you can set for each home screen item, like PVR Info, Movie and TV Staistics, etc. Is there any possibility of adding Trakt movie and TV statistics option, maybe pulling from TMDBH? Just curious if its possible?

Another question, I cant get music Visualization to show up while in the Music OSD. It shows fine on the home screen, but not in the Music OSD?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - snarfo - 2021-04-02

(2021-04-02, 07:01)jdig4240 Wrote: Another question, I cant get music Visualization to show up while in the Music OSD. It shows fine on the home screen, but not in the Music OSD?

Same here! I thought I fumbled another setting somewhere and disabled it, but it's not working for me either.

(2021-04-02, 07:24)snarfo Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 07:01)jdig4240 Wrote: Another question, I cant get music Visualization to show up while in the Music OSD. It shows fine on the home screen, but not in the Music OSD?

Same here! I thought I fumbled another setting somewhere and disabled it, but it's not working for me either.
From looking at the MusicVisualization.xml, it looks like it might only support a couple visualizations? (It does work with Waveform). Doesnt work with others ive tried like FishBMC. 
Might need to only use Waveform, or Spectrum.

<control type="visualisation" id="2" description="Visualisation">
            <width>1920</width>
            <height>1080</height>
            <visible>Player.HasAudio + [String.IsEqual(Visualisation.Name,waveform) | String.Contains(Visualisation.Name,spectrum)]</visible>
        </control>

While on the subject, is it possible to show the Artist Slideshow on the homescreen while the music is playing?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-04-02

(2021-03-31, 17:41)bsoriano Wrote: @billyrene , please test the latest from GitHub.  the duration issues should be solved.  I could not figure out the issue with the shelves when duration is in hours nad minutes, so I reverted that back to standard duration format.  Please let me know if the other issues are fixed for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

i tested it a little bit more and the info screen from inside the OSD works just fine except the season poster is not loading again, movie poster also not. btw maybe you could also make the plot field in the OSD optional? since you get the plot later on in the info screen anyway? just a thought.

2. if you go to tv shows and get the information there for a single episode the tv show name is missing in the title. it only show S#E# - episode name

3. i also discovered if you get the information screen from a shelf. either movies, an episode or tv show there seems to be the trouble with the runtime again if you get a popup from extras or the plot from ... . the runtime changes. also for single tv episode from the shelf there is that issue with the title again where whatever is highlighted in a popup is in the title. happens only if you get the information screen from a shelf.

4. about the hrs and min shelf issue. it does not disappear anymore but tbh i liked the look much better before when it was hrs and min. maybe we can live with the disappearing duration? Tongue up to you i guess

Playlist Broken - crazyhands911 - 2021-04-03

@bsoriano Was there an update in the last day or so?
I tried to open Kodi (still on Leia 18.8 at the moment) and it took a couple of minutes to open.
My library databases are still there if I go thru them via Files.
However, my Playlists, while still appearing and still directed to the correct network paths, will not open.
This goes for Playlists in videos, as well as for my home screen menu items.
It does seem to appear that the Home Layout looks a bit different to me in settings, but the actions still look correct. Example:
Change action   ActivateWindow(Videos,special://profile/playlists/video/Anime.xsp,return)

The .xsp are as such:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"  ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
     <name></name>
     <match>all</match>
     <rule field="path"  operator="startswith"
          <value>smb://NAS/Anime</value>
      </rule>
      <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>

I have this same build on a couple of computers, all setup with the same playlists and libraries and it is broke on all of them. I even tried deleting the Kodi folder in my user folder in AppData and replacing it with a copy that I had saved a couple of months ago and I know is stable. I occasionally have to do this to fix an issue, but this is not helping in this case.

RE: Playlist Broken - bsoriano - 2021-04-03

(2021-04-03, 04:28)crazyhands911 Wrote: @bsoriano Was there an update in the last day or so?
I tried to open Kodi (still on Leia 18.8 at the moment) and it took a couple of minutes to open.
My library databases are still there if I go thru them via Files.
However, my Playlists, while still appearing and still directed to the correct network paths, will not open.
This goes for Playlists in videos, as well as for my home screen menu items.
It does seem to appear that the Home Layout looks a bit different to me in settings, but the actions still look correct. Example:
Change action   ActivateWindow(Videos,special://profile/playlists/video/Anime.xsp,return)

The .xsp are as such:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"  ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
     <name></name>
     <match>all</match>
     <rule field="path"  operator="startswith"
          <value>smb://NAS/Anime</value>
      </rule>
      <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>

I have this same build on a couple of computers, all setup with the same playlists and libraries and it is broke on all of them. I even tried deleting the Kodi folder in my user folder in AppData and replacing it with a copy that I had saved a couple of months ago and I know is stable. I occasionally have to do this to fix an issue, but this is not helping in this case.

@crazyhands911, the only updates for Leia have been translation updates, and only on GitHub.  Do you update from GitHub? Also, when you say that your playlists will not open, does that mean that the menu item does nothing when selected, or does it mean that you get a blank window when you select the menu item? If it is the latter, can you press left on that window and see if you can get the sideblade? If so, try to select a viewtype and see if now your playlist shows.

I have noticed an issue, in Matrix, that I am trying to pinpoint the cause for.  I guess the issue could also be in Leia.  Finally, please take a debug log when the problem is happening and post a link to it here, so I can investigate further.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Reynald - 2021-04-03

Hello, I solved my poster display problem. I noticed that Amber did not work correctly with the Python scrapper.
Moreover, the Artwork Beef script does not install. Is this normal? ( in Matrix )

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-04-03

(2021-04-03, 13:19)Reynald Wrote: Hello, I solved my poster display problem. I noticed that Amber did not work correctly with the Python scrapper.
Moreover, the Artwork Beef script does not install. Is this normal? ( in Matrix )

Artwork Beef is not available in Matrix anymore. there is a similar add on called Artwork Dump https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-03

(2021-04-02, 19:55)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 17:41)bsoriano Wrote: @billyrene , please test the latest from GitHub.  the duration issues should be solved.  I could not figure out the issue with the shelves when duration is in hours nad minutes, so I reverted that back to standard duration format.  Please let me know if the other issues are fixed for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

i tested it a little bit more and the info screen from inside the OSD works just fine except the season poster is not loading again, movie poster also not. btw maybe you could also make the plot field in the OSD optional? since you get the plot later on in the info screen anyway? just a thought.

2. if you go to tv shows and get the information there for a single episode the tv show name is missing in the title. it only show S#E# - episode name

3. i also discovered if you get the information screen from a shelf. either movies, an episode or tv show there seems to be the trouble with the runtime again if you get a popup from extras or the plot from ... . the runtime changes. also for single tv episode from the shelf there is that issue with the title again where whatever is highlighted in a popup is in the title. happens only if you get the information screen from a shelf.

4. about the hrs and min shelf issue. it does not disappear anymore but tbh i liked the look much better before when it was hrs and min. maybe we can live with the disappearing duration? Tongue up to you i guess
@billyrene , please test the latest from GitHub, I think most issues are fixed:

1.  Season poster and movie poster show up fine for me in all cases.  You can always hide the plot by pressing i on the OSD (not the button, but the key i, or whatever button you have mapped in your remote to do Info).

2. I fixed that, thanks.

3. I just fixed that as well.

4. I found a way to stop the runtime from disappearing when you open the context menu, so the runtime in hours and minutes in the shelves is back.

Finally, I have been able to replicate the issue you mentioned about getting the info for the previous movie if you bring it up right after starting playing.  This only seems to happen if you play from the shelves.  I have no idea how to fix that, so we will have to live with it.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-03, 13:19)Reynald Wrote: Hello, I solved my poster display problem. I noticed that Amber did not work correctly with the Python scrapper.
@Reynald , I am glad you solved your issue.  I do not think any skin will "work or not work" with a given scraper, as scraping is a totally independent function from the skin.  What can happen is that a given scraper might not be populating correctly the art item in the database, and thus Amber is not showing it.

And, as mentioned before, Artwork Beef does not work in Matrix, so I have removed all references to it from Amber.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-02, 17:43)jdig4240 Wrote: While on the subject, is it possible to show the Artist Slideshow on the homescreen while the music is playing?
@jdig4240 , I will look into this.  Do you know of another skin where this is done? If so, could you please tell me which one? That way I can see how the author did it.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-02, 05:15)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey bsoriano, curious about the Infolines that you can set for each home screen item, like PVR Info, Movie and TV Staistics, etc. Is there any possibility of adding Trakt movie and TV statistics option, maybe pulling from TMDBH? Just curious if its possible?
@jdig4240 , this would only be possible if TMDb Helper provided a call that returned that info, which it does not at the moment.  I think it would be best to ask in the forum for that addon.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-02, 17:27)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 07:24)snarfo Wrote:

From looking at the MusicVisualization.xml, it looks like it might only support a couple visualizations? (It does work with Waveform). Doesnt work with others ive tried like FishBMC. 
Might need to only use Waveform, or Spectrum.

<control type="visualisation" id="2" description="Visualisation">
            <width>1920</width>
            <height>1080</height>
            <visible>Player.HasAudio + [String.IsEqual(Visualisation.Name,waveform) | String.Contains(Visualisation.Name,spectrum)]</visible>
        </control>
@jdig4240 , I have never used visualizations, so this is some part of the code I inherited and have never looked at.  I will see what is the issue with other visualizations to see why Amber was originally coded to only work with waveform or spectrum.

Regards,

Bart