Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Edworld - 2021-04-17

I guess I needed to close Kodi and opened it backup for the data to show up

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-17

(2021-04-16, 23:52)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-04-16, 00:40)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I realize that there are still a lot of you who have not made the switch to Matrix yet.  Given this, I have uploaded version 3.2.130 of Amber for Leia to GitHub and the Amber repo for Leia.  This version includes all of the new features/fixes that I have done to the Matrix version.
Thank you @bsoriano, I just installed the update.

I haven't checked everything yet, but here's what I noticed.
(2021-04-15, 21:11)bsoriano Wrote: The bottom shortcuts are only available for the horizontal menu, and as you can see the main menu is positioned higher to make room for the shortcuts.  The shelves will resize and reposition automatically when bottom shortcuts are enabled.  The same goes for the now Playing information.

You enable them globally first, using a new setting that can be found here:

As you can see from the above screenshot, you can also enable having a dark background behind the shortcuts, to make the text more readable.  You can notice this dark background in the first screenshot in this post.
Here are the French translations :
Enable bottom schortcuts : Activer les raccourcis du bas
Show dark background behind shortcuts : Afficher un arrière-plan sombre derrière les raccourcis

(2021-04-15, 21:11)bsoriano Wrote: Then, in the menu configuration dialog, you activate that you want to show bottom shortcuts for a menu item, like so:

When you do, you can then select the "Customize Bottom Shortcuts" option to configure what will appear in the bottom shortcuts for that menu item.  You configure the bottom shortcuts just like you configure the menu/submenu:

Show bottom shortcuts for this menu item : Afficher les raccourcis du bas pour cet élément de menu
Customize bottom shortcuts : Personnaliser les raccourcis du bas
In the title of the left column, translate "Shortcuts" by "Raccourcis".

(2021-04-15, 21:11)bsoriano Wrote: 2. Colored Media Flags.  Amber now supports colored media flags.  These flags will appear in the media views, OSD, info dialogs and search select dialogs.  You can enable them with a new setting that can be found here:

Use color flags : Utiliser les drapeaux en couleur

(2021-04-15, 21:11)bsoriano Wrote: 3.  Option to show the Video Info Dialog from the Video OSD.  There is a new setting in Amber that enables showing the full video info dialog from the video OSD, when you press the "i" button in the OSD (not the "i" key, but the actual button in the OSD).  You can find the new setting here:

Info button opens video info dialog : Le bouton Info ouvre la boîte de dialogue d'informations de la vidéo
Pause media while info dialog is open : Mettre en pause le média tant que la boîte de dialogue d'informations est ouverte

I have set the function "Pause media while info dialog is open" to "Yes" but the video does not pause when showing the video info dialog.

(2021-04-15, 21:22)bsoriano Wrote: 4.  Option to Disable Lyrics.  Amber now offers the option to disable lyrics, even if you have a lyrics addon configured.  You can find the new setting here:

Disable lyrics : Désactiver les paroles
There is a line with the new function "Disable lyrics" and a second older one with "Enable Video Lyrics". Is it the same thing ?

(2021-04-15, 21:22)bsoriano Wrote: This now allows you to hide lyrics in much the same way that you activate it for a song.  You will find a new toggle in the music OSD:

Activate lyrics : Activer les paroles

(2021-04-15, 21:22)bsoriano Wrote: 5.  Option to show End Time in media views and shelves.  Amber can now show the end time for an item, in the media views and in shelves.  You can find the new setting here:

Show end time : Afficher l'heure de fin

For episodes of not viewed TV Shows it is good but for those already view, the end time is not displayed. I have this : (ENDS AT $INFO[LISTITEM. ENDTIME])

Another thing observed with the Goto function while playing a video. Before, we could use it directly (or by being in the OSD) by entering a time and validating with OK to access it quickly.
With this update, we can no longer use this Goto function from the OSD. She can only be used by entering the time directly but no longer with the OSD displayed.

Something else about displaying a flag. In the TV Shows and Episodes List view, the personal rating display flag is a little too low :

Last bug I noticed, for some menu items, in the configuration of some submenus, the texts overlap when they scroll :

There you go, I hope I didn't take too long.
@Cyberdom , I have looked at all of the issues you mention.  I have fixed the scrolling in the menu configuration, and the pause when the video info dialog is shown from the OSD, but as to the other issues you mention:

1. I cannot replicate the issue of end time not shown for watched episodes.  Where are you seeing this? A complete screenshot would be very helpful.

2.  The Goto function when the OSD is shown.  I did not think it worked differently before.  If the OSD is shown, and the focus is on any of the OSD buttons, then when you press OK, you will activate that button, and not go to the specified time.  It of course works if the OSD is not shown.  It works this same way in Estuary and other skins.

3.  I cannot replicate the issue of the flags, since in this latest version the user rating flag is not shown.  In what view is this?

The changes are only on GitHub at this moment.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Edworld - 2021-04-17

Using Leia version, extrafanart question. 

I have individual movie folders with extrafanart folder. Inside extrafanart folder: fanart0, fanart1, etc

Somehow I am unable to display extrafanart on any view

(2021-04-17, 21:56)Edworld Wrote: Using Leia version, extrafanart question. 

I have individual movie folders with extrafanart folder. Inside extrafanart folder: fanart0, fanart1, etc

Somehow I am unable to display extrafanart on any view
@Edworld , Amber does not look for extrafanart in an extrafanart folder anymore.  I removed this code due to compatibility issues with Live TV in the way I had implemented this.  If you have extrafanart loaded in your db, Amber will display it just fine.  I suggest to use Artwork Beef, since you are on Leia, to load all of that art into your db.  I also suggest that you have an advancedsettings.xml file which whitelists all of the extra art, so that Artwork Beef can load it into the db.  An example of this is below:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advancedsettings>    
    <musiclibrary>
        <artistextraart>
            <arttype>banner</arttype>
            <arttype>clearart</arttype>
            <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
            <arttype>landscape</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart1</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart2</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart3</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart4</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart5</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart6</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart7</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart8</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart9</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart10</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart11</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart12</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart13</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart14</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart15</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart16</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart17</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart18</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart19</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart20</arttype>
        </artistextraart>
        <albumextraart>
            <arttype>back</arttype>
            <arttype>discart</arttype>
            <arttype>spine</arttype>
        </albumextraart>
    </musiclibrary>
    <videolibrary>
        <tvshowextraart>
            <arttype>characterart</arttype>
            <arttype>keyart</arttype>
            <arttype>poster1</arttype>
            <arttype>poster2</arttype>
            <arttype>poster3</arttype>
            <arttype>poster4</arttype>
            <arttype>poster5</arttype>
            <arttype>poster6</arttype>
            <arttype>poster7</arttype>
            <arttype>poster8</arttype>
            <arttype>poster9</arttype>
            <arttype>poster10</arttype>
            <arttype>poster11</arttype>
            <arttype>poster12</arttype>
            <arttype>poster13</arttype>
            <arttype>poster14</arttype>
            <arttype>poster15</arttype>
            <arttype>poster16</arttype>
            <arttype>poster17</arttype>
            <arttype>poster18</arttype>
            <arttype>poster19</arttype>
            <arttype>poster20</arttype>
        </tvshowextraart>
        <tvseasonextraart>
        </tvseasonextraart>
        <episodeextraart>
            <arttype>fanart</arttype>
        </episodeextraart>
        <movieextraart>
            <arttype>poster1</arttype>
            <arttype>poster2</arttype>
            <arttype>poster3</arttype>
            <arttype>poster4</arttype>
            <arttype>poster5</arttype>
            <arttype>poster6</arttype>
            <arttype>poster7</arttype>
            <arttype>poster8</arttype>
            <arttype>poster9</arttype>
            <arttype>poster10</arttype>
            <arttype>poster11</arttype>
            <arttype>poster12</arttype>
            <arttype>poster13</arttype>
            <arttype>poster14</arttype>
            <arttype>poster15</arttype>
            <arttype>poster16</arttype>
            <arttype>poster17</arttype>
            <arttype>poster18</arttype>
            <arttype>poster19</arttype>
            <arttype>poster20</arttype>
        </movieextraart>
        <moviesetextraart>
        </moviesetextraart>
        <musicvideoextraart>
        </musicvideoextraart>
    </videolibrary> 
</advancedsettings>

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-17, 10:53)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-04-16, 21:33)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-16, 20:32)billyrene Wrote: add 1.) very nice feature. in my settings the setting for this is kinda invisible

also would it be possible to make the menu bar look the same with this feature enables as if is was disabled? if the feature is enabled the little translucent bar on the bottom is missing, where the submenu later pops up.

i also found another little detail about the colored media flags. in global search the media flags are also cu
@billyrene , I am not sure why the setting labele would not show up for you.  I checked and the strings file is updated on GitHub.

I like your suggestion of having the menu without the submenu look like it did originally.  I changed it a bit to look like when there are no submenu items.  So, the latest from GitHub looks like this:

I think it looks more symmetrical this way.  Thank you for the request.

I also fixed the flags positioning in Global Search.  Thanks for pointing this out, since I almost never use Global Search and overlooked this.  It now looks like this:

Please let me know if now the issues are fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
oh yes the menu bar is awesome thank you. the settings label does not show up for me still.. but as long as i know what this setting is for i have no problem with that Blush

speaking of searches. is it possible to make this search more appealing?

maybe even something like this

or this

i kinda like the fact that the search from the side bar also gives results for movie and tv show plot
@billyrene , I cannot make the search look like the first screenshot, since Kodi does not provide any info to the skin on the items in the search result.  I could make that search look like your second screenshot, but that would lose the ability to provide results from movie/tv show/episode plots.  Perhaps I could bring up a small dialog asking you to choose between default search results and enhanced search results.  Default would include plot search results, enhanced would not.  What do you think? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - steve333 - 2021-04-17

Is anyone else here using Amber on Coreelec Matrix?

If I boot with Amber set as my skin I get a Coreelec configuration error message and plugins don't work among other issues.  If I boot using another skin and then switch to Amber it works fine.  Everything worked fine before I upgraded to Matrix and Amber is my favourite skin.  I have tried using the latest version of Amber from git without any change.  This may well be a Coreelec issue rather than Amber but I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.  Am happy to provide debug logs etc.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-04-18

(2021-04-17, 06:06)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, no, you will not lose anything. I meant up to par in functionality with the Matrix version.
Thanks Bart. Skin shortcuts took 4 hours to rebuild. I have no clue why, but it seems ok now.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-18

(2021-04-18, 00:51)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-04-17, 06:06)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, no, you will not lose anything. I meant up to par in functionality with the Matrix version.
Thanks Bart. Skin shortcuts took 4 hours to rebuild. I have no clue why, but it seems ok now.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , that is really weird! Do you have your log from when that happened? I would like to take a look at it.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-18

(2021-04-17, 23:59)steve333 Wrote: Is anyone else here using Amber on Coreelec Matrix?

If I boot with Amber set as my skin I get a Coreelec configuration error message and plugins don't work among other issues.  If I boot using another skin and then switch to Amber it works fine.  Everything worked fine before I upgraded to Matrix and Amber is my favourite skin.  I have tried using the latest version of Amber from git without any change.  This may well be a Coreelec issue rather than Amber but I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.  Am happy to provide debug logs etc.
@steve333 , while I do not have a CoreELEC environment that I can test with, I would like to look at a Kodi debug log of when you boot with Amber as the skin.  Hopefully there is a clue there as to what might be happening.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-04-18

(2021-04-18, 00:58)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , that is really weird! Do you have your log from when that happened? I would like to take a look at it.
It was overwritten. I am sure it was on my end. Normally it takes about 3-4 minutes, but if I watch movies or TV Shows, everything gets slow after 3-4 hours. I can assure you it is not Amber.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Merwenus - 2021-04-18

(2021-03-26, 16:57)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 08:36)Merwenus Wrote: When I try to play PVR I get randomly this message, usually when I haven't touched it for 15-20 minutes.
Clicking on it again start it without error, only the first try run into this error message.
Saw someone had the same problem few months ago he switched back to Leia to resolve it, It would be very difficult for me to do that so.

If it is not a SKIN error can someone point me to the right direction?

log:
2021-03-26 07:27:21.838 T:5142     INFO <general>: Skipped 1 duplicate messages..
2021-03-26 07:27:21.838 T:5142     INFO <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.iptvsimple: pvr.iptvsimple - GetChannelStreamProperties - Live Stream URL: http://localhost:9999/channel/252.m3u8
2021-03-26 07:27:21.891 T:5142     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: pvr://channels/tv/Minden%20csatorna/pvr.iptvsimple_804146245.pvr
2021-03-26 07:27:21.892 T:6664     INFO <general>: Creating InputStream
2021-03-26 07:27:21.893 T:6664     INFO <general>: Creating Demuxer
2021-03-26 07:27:21.909 T:6660    ERROR <general>: CPVRChannelsPath: Invalid channels path 'pvr://channels/tv/Minden%20csatorna/extrafanart/' - channel segment syntax error.
2021-03-26 07:27:21.909 T:6660    ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting pvr://channels/tv/Minden%20csatorna/extrafanart/
2021-03-26 07:27:21.911 T:6665    ERROR <general>: CPVRChannelsPath: Invalid channels path 'pvr://channels/tv/Minden%20csatorna/../extrafanart/' - channel segment syntax error.
2021-03-26 07:27:21.911 T:6665    ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting pvr://channels/tv/Minden%20csatorna/../extrafanart/
2021-03-26 07:27:51.991 T:6664    ERROR <general>: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
2021-03-26 07:27:51.991 T:6664     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2021-03-26 07:27:52.025 T:5142     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2021-03-26 07:27:52.025 T:5142     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2021-03-26 07:27:52.025 T:5142     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
@Merwenus , I have removed the skin code that could be causing the "channel segment syntax error" issues from your log snippet.  Please try the latest from GitHub and let me know if indeed the errors are gone.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
A little late, but it seems to be working now and it is faster than ever, will test more and get back if something goes wrong. Smile
Thanks!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2021-04-18

(2021-04-17, 06:08)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-16, 23:52)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-04-16, 00:40)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I realize that there are still a lot of you who have not made the switch to Matrix yet.  Given this, I have uploaded version 3.2.130 of Amber for Leia to GitHub and the Amber repo for Leia.  This version includes all of the new features/fixes that I have done to the Matrix version.
Thank you @bsoriano, I just installed the update.

I haven't checked everything yet, but here's what I noticed.
(2021-04-15, 21:11)bsoriano Wrote: The bottom shortcuts are only available for the horizontal menu, and as you can see the main menu is positioned higher to make room for the shortcuts.  The shelves will resize and reposition automatically when bottom shortcuts are enabled.  The same goes for the now Playing information.

You enable them globally first, using a new setting that can be found here:

As you can see from the above screenshot, you can also enable having a dark background behind the shortcuts, to make the text more readable.  You can notice this dark background in the first screenshot in this post.
Enable bottom schortcuts : Activer les raccourcis du bas
Show dark background behind shortcuts : Afficher un arrière-plan sombre derrière les raccourcis

(2021-04-15, 21:11)bsoriano Wrote: Then, in the menu configuration dialog, you activate that you want to show bottom shortcuts for a menu item, like so:

When you do, you can then select the "Customize Bottom Shortcuts" option to configure what will appear in the bottom shortcuts for that menu item.  You configure the bottom shortcuts just like you configure the menu/submenu:

Show bottom shortcuts for this menu item : Afficher les raccourcis du bas pour cet élément de menu
Customize bottom shortcuts : Personnaliser les raccourcis du bas
In the title of the left column, translate "Shortcuts" by "Raccourcis".

(2021-04-15, 21:11)bsoriano Wrote: 2. Colored Media Flags.  Amber now supports colored media flags.  These flags will appear in the media views, OSD, info dialogs and search select dialogs.  You can enable them with a new setting that can be found here:

Use color flags : Utiliser les drapeaux en couleur

(2021-04-15, 21:11)bsoriano Wrote: 3.  Option to show the Video Info Dialog from the Video OSD.  There is a new setting in Amber that enables showing the full video info dialog from the video OSD, when you press the "i" button in the OSD (not the "i" key, but the actual button in the OSD).  You can find the new setting here:

Info button opens video info dialog : Le bouton Info ouvre la boîte de dialogue d'informations de la vidéo
Pause media while info dialog is open : Mettre en pause le média tant que la boîte de dialogue d'informations est ouverte

I have set the function "Pause media while info dialog is open" to "Yes" but the video does not pause when showing the video info dialog.

(2021-04-15, 21:22)bsoriano Wrote: 4.  Option to Disable Lyrics.  Amber now offers the option to disable lyrics, even if you have a lyrics addon configured.  You can find the new setting here:

Disable lyrics : Désactiver les paroles
There is a line with the new function "Disable lyrics" and a second older one with "Enable Video Lyrics". Is it the same thing ?

(2021-04-15, 21:22)bsoriano Wrote: This now allows you to hide lyrics in much the same way that you activate it for a song.  You will find a new toggle in the music OSD:

Activate lyrics : Activer les paroles

(2021-04-15, 21:22)bsoriano Wrote: 5.  Option to show End Time in media views and shelves.  Amber can now show the end time for an item, in the media views and in shelves.  You can find the new setting here:

Show end time : Afficher l'heure de fin

For episodes of not viewed TV Shows it is good but for those already view, the end time is not displayed. I have this : (ENDS AT $INFO[LISTITEM. ENDTIME])

Another thing observed with the Goto function while playing a video. Before, we could use it directly (or by being in the OSD) by entering a time and validating with OK to access it quickly.
With this update, we can no longer use this Goto function from the OSD. She can only be used by entering the time directly but no longer with the OSD displayed.

Something else about displaying a flag. In the TV Shows and Episodes List view, the personal rating display flag is a little too low :

Last bug I noticed, for some menu items, in the configuration of some submenus, the texts overlap when they scroll :

There you go, I hope I didn't take too long.

@Cyberdom, thanks! I will update the translation and look into the issues that you mention.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2021-04-18

(2021-04-17, 19:13)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , I have looked at all of the issues you mention.  I have fixed the scrolling in the menu configuration, and the pause when the video info dialog is shown from the OSD, but as to the other issues you mention:

1. I cannot replicate the issue of end time not shown for watched episodes.  Where are you seeing this? A complete screenshot would be very helpful.
Thank you @bsoriano.
I sent you the screenshots in PM.

(2021-04-17, 19:13)bsoriano Wrote: 2.  The Goto function when the OSD is shown.  I did not think it worked differently before.  If the OSD is shown, and the focus is on any of the OSD buttons, then when you press OK, you will activate that button, and not go to the specified time.  It of course works if the OSD is not shown.  It works this same way in Estuary and other skins.
I did a test with Estuary and the Goto function works fine from the displayed OSD with the Info button.
On the other hand, in Amber 3.2.130, the Goto function does not work from the displayed OSD with the Info button.

(2021-04-17, 19:13)bsoriano Wrote: 3.  I cannot replicate the issue of the flags, since in this latest version the user rating flag is not shown.  In what view is this?
It's in List view.
The flag is displayed but it is a little too low. You just have to wind it up a bit.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-04-19

(2021-04-17, 23:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-17, 10:53)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-04-16, 21:33)bsoriano Wrote: @billyrene , I am not sure why the setting labele would not show up for you.  I checked and the strings file is updated on GitHub.

I like your suggestion of having the menu without the submenu look like it did originally.  I changed it a bit to look like when there are no submenu items.  So, the latest from GitHub looks like this:

I think it looks more symmetrical this way.  Thank you for the request.

I also fixed the flags positioning in Global Search.  Thanks for pointing this out, since I almost never use Global Search and overlooked this.  It now looks like this:

Please let me know if now the issues are fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
oh yes the menu bar is awesome thank you. the settings label does not show up for me still.. but as long as i know what this setting is for i have no problem with that Blush

speaking of searches. is it possible to make this search more appealing?

maybe even something like thisor this

i kinda like the fact that the search from the side bar also gives results for movie and tv show plot
@billyrene , I cannot make the search look like the first screenshot, since Kodi does not provide any info to the skin on the items in the search result.  I could make that search look like your second screenshot, but that would lose the ability to provide results from movie/tv show/episode plots.  Perhaps I could bring up a small dialog asking you to choose between default search results and enhanced search results.  Default would include plot search results, enhanced would not.  What do you think? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
thanks very much but i thinks it's ok. i'll just use the search according to my needed results Smile btw do you maybe know the command for the search in the sidebar? just so one can access it from other places also like a submmenu shortcut

also could you please make the popup window with the result for both the global search and the the sidebar search center screen? the sidebar search popup is offset to the left and the global search to the right Smile

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-04-20

@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I've attached a screenshot to show you how the "OK" button is not present when trying to select artwork. I've tried it n other skins and they all work fine.I mentioned this to you previously, but I think you couldn't replicate it. Sometimes it would work for me, but now it doesn't at all.

Regards,

Shedrock