Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-22

(2021-04-20, 18:37)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I've attached a screenshot to show you how the "OK" button is not present when trying to select artwork. I've tried it n other skins and they all work fine.I mentioned this to you previously, but I think you couldn't replicate it. Sometimes it would work for me, but now it doesn't at all.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , please try the latest from GitHub.  I think I really fixed the issue this time.  I also added back the Artwork Beef options to the Extras button in the video info dialog.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-22

(2021-04-22, 17:34)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-04-22, 14:34)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-20, 21:24)Cyberdom Wrote: Merci @bsoriano.

The Goto function corresponds to the screenshot you posted last year :
@Cyberdom , my apologies.  Please provide me a screenshot of this working in Estuary, as I tested and in my test it works just like in Amber.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
OK @bsoriano.

Here are the screenshots of the Goto function with Esturay.

Directly from the video by going to 1 minute for example :

From the OSD with the Info button going to 2 minutes for example:
@Cyberdom , thank you for these.  I have fixed this issue.  Please wait a couple of days for me to upload a new version to the Amber repo for Leia.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2021-04-22

(2021-04-22, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-22, 17:34)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-04-22, 14:34)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , my apologies.  Please provide me a screenshot of this working in Estuary, as I tested and in my test it works just like in Amber.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
OK @bsoriano.

Here are the screenshots of the Goto function with Esturay.

Directly from the video by going to 1 minute for example :

From the OSD with the Info button going to 2 minutes for example:
@Cyberdom , thank you for these.  I have fixed this issue.  Please wait a couple of days for me to upload a new version to the Amber repo for Leia.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-23

(2021-04-19, 17:13)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-04-17, 23:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-17, 10:53)billyrene Wrote: oh yes the menu bar is awesome thank you. the settings label does not show up for me still.. but as long as i know what this setting is for i have no problem with that Blush

speaking of searches. is it possible to make this search more appealing?

maybe even something like thisor this

i kinda like the fact that the search from the side bar also gives results for movie and tv show plot
@billyrene , I cannot make the search look like the first screenshot, since Kodi does not provide any info to the skin on the items in the search result.  I could make that search look like your second screenshot, but that would lose the ability to provide results from movie/tv show/episode plots.  Perhaps I could bring up a small dialog asking you to choose between default search results and enhanced search results.  Default would include plot search results, enhanced would not.  What do you think? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
thanks very much but i thinks it's ok. i'll just use the search according to my needed results Smile btw do you maybe know the command for the search in the sidebar? just so one can access it from other places also like a submmenu shortcut

also could you please make the popup window with the result for both the global search and the the sidebar search center screen? the sidebar search popup is offset to the left and the global search to the right Smile
@billyrene , I have replaced the sidebar search with Amber's custom search window.  I got some help and was able to include the plot search results as well:

You will also find that the plot searches have been added to the search categories that you can customize:

As with Kodi's default sidebar search, when you search in the video database (movies, tv shows, episodes, music videos, etc.) no music results are shown, and when you search in the music database (albums, artists, songs, etc.) no video results are shown.

Finally, I improved the positioning of the global search results:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for and how it works for you.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-04-23

Hey bsoriano, just wondering. I like the Information screen (dialongvideoinfo.xml) when you press information on media from an addon. Now I understand that the Play option will only be visible if the item is in Kodi library. But would it be possible to make the Play button always visible anyways and link it to TMDBH player selection so the player selection screen will pop up instead?? (Like OpenInfo used to do?) I think that would be a cool feature.

(2021-04-23, 02:05)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey bsoriano, just wondering. I like the Information screen (dialongvideoinfo.xml) when you press information on media from an addon. Now I understand that the Play option will only be visible if the item is in Kodi library. But would it be possible to make the Play button always visible anyways and link it to TMDBH player selection so the player selection screen will pop up instead?? (Like OpenInfo used to do?) I think that would be a cool feature.

@jdig4240, thanks for the request. I will take a look at how that can be done.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-04-23

(2021-04-22, 18:31)bsoriano Wrote: Bart, it appears to be working great now.@shedrock , please try the latest from GitHub.  I think I really fixed the issue this time.  I also added back the Artwork Beef options to the Extras button in the video info dialog.  Thanks.
Thanks Bart,

It appears to be working great now.

Thank You,

Shedrock

(2021-04-23, 12:23)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-04-22, 18:31)bsoriano Wrote: Bart, it appears to be working great now.@shedrock , please try the latest from GitHub.  I think I really fixed the issue this time.  I also added back the Artwork Beef options to the Extras button in the video info dialog.  Thanks.
Thanks Bart,

It appears to be working great now.

Thank You,

Shedrock
@shedrock , great! Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-23, 02:05)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey bsoriano, just wondering. I like the Information screen (dialongvideoinfo.xml) when you press information on media from an addon. Now I understand that the Play option will only be visible if the item is in Kodi library. But would it be possible to make the Play button always visible anyways and link it to TMDBH player selection so the player selection screen will pop up instead?? (Like OpenInfo used to do?) I think that would be a cool feature.
@jdig4240 , could you please try the latest from GitHub? The Play button should now be available, if you have TMDb Helper enabled in Amber settings, for addon items.  I tested with several video addons, and with items from TMDb Helper itself, the addon opens the player selection dialog.  With other addons (in particular those that do not have an Info option for their items), TMDb Helper will play the item using the addon, so no player selection dialog is shown.  This is not something I can control from the skin, as far as I know.  

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-04-23

(2021-04-23, 18:53)bsoriano Wrote:
@jdig4240 , could you please try the latest from GitHub? The Play button should now be available, if you have TMDb Helper enabled in Amber settings, for addon items.  I tested with several video addons, and with items from TMDb Helper itself, the addon opens the player selection dialog.  With other addons (in particular those that do not have an Info option for their items), TMDb Helper will play the item using the addon, so no player selection dialog is shown.  This is not something I can control from the skin, as far as I know.  

Regards,

Bart

Wow, your fast!!! Cant wait to try it. Will do as sonn as I get out of work. Thanks man!!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-04-24

(2021-04-23, 00:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-19, 17:13)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-04-17, 23:40)bsoriano Wrote: @billyrene , I cannot make the search look like the first screenshot, since Kodi does not provide any info to the skin on the items in the search result.  I could make that search look like your second screenshot, but that would lose the ability to provide results from movie/tv show/episode plots.  Perhaps I could bring up a small dialog asking you to choose between default search results and enhanced search results.  Default would include plot search results, enhanced would not.  What do you think? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
thanks very much but i thinks it's ok. i'll just use the search according to my needed results Smile btw do you maybe know the command for the search in the sidebar? just so one can access it from other places also like a submmenu shortcut

also could you please make the popup window with the result for both the global search and the the sidebar search center screen? the sidebar search popup is offset to the left and the global search to the right Smile
@billyrene , I have replaced the sidebar search with Amber's custom search window.  I got some help and was able to include the plot search results as well:

You will also find that the plot searches have been added to the search categories that you can customize:

As with Kodi's default sidebar search, when you search in the video database (movies, tv shows, episodes, music videos, etc.) no music results are shown, and when you search in the music database (albums, artists, songs, etc.) no video results are shown.

Finally, I improved the positioning of the global search results:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for and how it works for you.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

WOW!  this is great. thank you so much for this

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-04-24

(2021-04-23, 18:53)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Hey, this is working perfect, awesome job! Really handy. Thanks.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-04-24

Hey bsoriano, another question with widgets. When theres only a few items in a widget, for example only 2 TV Shows in Kodi library and used as a widget, is there a way to display only the two items instead of duplicating them over and over?? I think it would just look better if it just showed them without doubling them up across the entire widget. Like in this pic I have two TV Shows in a library widget, but instead of just displaying the two shows, it duplicates them across the whole widget...Image

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-24

(2021-04-24, 16:14)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey bsoriano, another question with widgets. When theres only a few items in a widget, for example only 2 TV Shows in Kodi library and used as a widget, is there a way to display only the two items instead of duplicating them over and over?? I think it would just look better if it just showed them without doubling them up across the entire widget. Like in this pic I have two TV Shows in a library widget, but instead of just displaying the two shows, it duplicates them across the whole widget...Image
@jdig4240 , do you have autoscroll enabled for that widget? If you do, then I have to use a wraplist instead of a fixed list, and the side effect is that the items are replicated if there are too few to cover the width of the list.  If you want to just see the two shows, disable auto-scrolling for that widget, like in this example:

Which results in this widget:

Please let me know if this answers your question.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-24

@zorg2000k , you have asked before about having a Netflix style view for music items.  I have just implemented this for artists and albums (it does not make sense for songs).  The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only).

For artists, it looks like this:

As with video items, you can choose to display the logo or not:

And for albums where there is no artist logo, it looks like this:

For albums where there is an artis logo, it looks like this:

Since you were the one that requested this, please let me know how this looks for you, and if you would like any changes (different fields or options).  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart