Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-04-24

(2021-04-24, 18:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-24, 16:14)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey bsoriano, another question with widgets. When theres only a few items in a widget, for example only 2 TV Shows in Kodi library and used as a widget, is there a way to display only the two items instead of duplicating them over and over?? I think it would just look better if it just showed them without doubling them up across the entire widget. Like in this pic I have two TV Shows in a library widget, but instead of just displaying the two shows, it duplicates them across the whole widget...Image
@jdig4240 , do you have autoscroll enabled for that widget? If you do, then I have to use a wraplist instead of a fixed list, and the side effect is that the items are replicated if there are too few to cover the width of the list.  If you want to just see the two shows, disable auto-scrolling for that widget, like in this example:

Which results in this widget:

Please let me know if this answers your question.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thats it!! Thank you. Figured it was something simple i was overlooking.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - billyrene - 2021-04-25

i found a little something regarding the info dialogue. if you get the info on an actor like this

you then close the popup and want to get the info on another or even the same actor again none of the posters and thumbs are showing

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - tcclives23 - 2021-04-25

Could you add the ability to remove the title text indicated in the attached pic? It seems unnecessary to me giving all the other titles.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-04-25

bsoriano, is there an option to choose a default focused home screen item. I think the only way is to make the default focused menu is to manually be in the third spot? Is this correct? Some skins have the option to choose which home screen menu is default focused.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-25

(2021-04-25, 17:54)jdig4240 Wrote: bsoriano, is there an option to choose a default focused home screen item. I think the only way is to make the default focused menu is to manually be in the third spot? Is this correct? Some skins have the option to choose which home screen menu is default focused.
@jdig4240 , no, there is not.  I would not know how to do this, since the menu is completely customizable, and I do not know, from the skin side, which menu item is in which position, or how many menu items there are.  As far as I know, only skins which are not based on script.skinshortcuts for menu configuration offer the option to choose the default focused menu item.  The advantages, in my opinion, of having completely customizable menu/submenu/widgets, far outweigh the capability of setting a default focused menu item.

Having said that, if you want Amber to start in a specific menu item, make sure it is the third item on your menu, for horizontal menu, the fourth item, for vertical menu, or the sixth item for static vertical menu.  Also, for vertical menu only, you can choose to always start at the first menu item.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-25, 16:08)tcclives23 Wrote: Could you add the ability to remove the title text indicated in the attached pic? It seems unnecessary to me giving all the other titles.

@tcclives23 , I will add this option; I agree with you that the title in the bottom is redundant in that view.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-25, 15:22)billyrene Wrote: i found a little something regarding the info dialogue. if you get the info on an actor like this

you then close the popup and want to get the info on another or even the same actor again none of the posters and thumbs are showing

@billyrene , please try the latest from GitHub.  I just fixed this issue.  Thank you for reporting it.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-04-25

bsoriano, another question. Weather widgets. Is there a way to extend how many days are shown? It seems it only displays 5 days, also only displays 5 hours with hourly forecast,  is this a limitation of the weather service, or the skin?
**Edit. It must be a skin limitation, if i switch to estuary, more days show and many more hours.

(2021-04-25, 16:08)tcclives23 Wrote: Could you add the ability to remove the title text indicated in the attached pic? It seems unnecessary to me giving all the other titles.

@tcclives23 , I thought about this better and decided that it is indeed redundant in all cases where the view is Netflix-style, so I have removed it.  The changed are already on GitHub (Matrix only).  Now the view looks like this:

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-25, 18:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 15:22)billyrene Wrote: i found a little something regarding the info dialogue. if you get the info on an actor like this

@billyrene , please try the latest from GitHub.  I just fixed this issue.  Thank you for reporting it.

Regards,

Bart

works excellent thank you

(2021-04-25, 18:34)bsoriano Wrote:

@tcclives23 , I thought about this better and decided that it is indeed redundant in all cases where the view is Netflix-style, so I have removed it.  The changed are already on GitHub (Matrix only).  Now the view looks like this:

Regards,

Bart
can you make this an option? i kinda like the title at the bottom... otherwise it's kinda empty there

(2021-04-25, 19:03)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 18:34)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
can you make this an option? i kinda like the title at the bottom... otherwise it's kinda empty there

@billyrene, all right, I will make this an option.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-25, 18:16)jdig4240 Wrote: bsoriano, another question. Weather widgets. Is there a way to extend how many days are shown? It seems it only displays 5 days, also only displays 5 hours with hourly forecast,  is this a limitation of the weather service, or the skin?
**Edit. It must be a skin limitation, if i switch to estuary, more days show and many more hours.
@jdig4240, this is a bug.  I will fix it later today or tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - RyFeR - 2021-04-25

(2021-04-25, 20:02)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 19:03)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 18:34)bsoriano Wrote: @tcclives23 , I thought about this better and decided that it is indeed redundant in all cases where the view is Netflix-style, so I have removed it.  The changed are already on GitHub (Matrix only). 

@billyrene, all right, I will make this an option.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart, indeed please make it an option, would like to keep this as well.

(2021-04-25, 20:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 18:16)jdig4240 Wrote: bsoriano, another question. Weather widgets. Is there a way to extend how many days are shown? It seems it only displays 5 days, also only displays 5 hours with hourly forecast,  is this a limitation of the weather service, or the skin?
@jdig4240, this is a bug.  I will fix it later today or tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart
@jdig4240 , please try the latest from GitHub.  I have fixed this issue.  You might have to delete the file "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" from the skin's 1080i folder in order for the change to take effect.  Please let me know if indeed the issue is fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart