Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-25

(2019-04-25, 08:34)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - as you wish Smile I'm pondering looking to add that line to the default keymap anyway, as I think it would be generally useful. Plus in any case I'll be keeping it in my set-up as the 2 finger right-swipe seems quite natural to bring that menu out anyway.

But having thought about it, if you do use it, it would be better to call it Amber.xml or something like that to be clear where it's come from for anyone who does use it.
@DarrenHill , I agree with you, and I think it would be a nice addition to the skin, so I will add this as well.  What do you think, an option to "Enable 2 finger right swipe for Menu" in Amber Settings? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - Raitsa - 2019-04-25

(2019-04-24, 19:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-24, 19:33)Raitsa Wrote: I like keeping things simple so I wish to not see the search option on my screen.
I tried enabling global search too but that did not remove the search from the main menu either, the search seems stuck on the main menu.

Any tips how to remove it?

Of course, go to Amber Settings, Home Layout and disable the Search main menu option. Did you try this and it did not work? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Aah, my eyes just somehow missed the option to turn the search off.
All ok now Smile

RE: Amber for Leia - DarrenHill - 2019-04-25

@bsoriano - Something like that should work yes, as long as the python script can support both enable and disable (ie can both move the keymap xml file into the keymaps folder on enable and also remove it if disabled). But again there the file naming should be very specific to Amber to prevent any problems of overwriting or accidentally deleting something else (and the script being able to cope with files already existing or not being there if delete is requested).

I must admit I'm not sure if the blade menu is accessible with just a mouse (as of course most times you have the keyboard as well to just press left arrow to get it) - I'm planning to check that tonight under Windows. Just to see if button and right-swipe are both needed, although I guess having both options will do no harm if adding the button isn't too difficult, especially if they're both switchable.

If you're considering mouse-only support it might also be worth thinking about a back button as well? (two-finger left-swipe is already defined as back in the default touchscreen keymap). And maybe a home button two?

Perhaps have two toggles, one to enable/disable touchscreen blade support (the keymap change) and a second to enable/disable mouse support (show/hide mouse buttons for blade/view, back and maybe home)?

(2019-04-25, 16:23)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - Something like that should work yes, as long as the python script can support both enable and disable (ie can both move the keymap xml file into the keymaps folder on enable and also remove it if disabled). But again there the file naming should be very specific to Amber to prevent any problems of overwriting or accidentally deleting something else (and the script being able to cope with files already existing or not being there if delete is requested).

I must admit I'm not sure if the blade menu is accessible with just a mouse (as of course most times you have the keyboard as well to just press left arrow to get it) - I'm planning to check that tonight under Windows. Just to see if button and right-swipe are both needed, although I guess having both options will do no harm if adding the button isn't too difficult, especially if they're both switchable.

If you're considering mouse-only support it might also be worth thinking about a back button as well? (two-finger left-swipe is already defined as back in the default touchscreen keymap). And maybe a home button two?

Perhaps have two toggles, one to enable/disable touchscreen blade support (the keymap change) and a second to enable/disable mouse support (show/hide mouse buttons for blade/view, back and maybe home)?
@DarrenHill , thanks for thinking this through in detail Smile

The script I saw does only one thing, copy the keymap from a skin folder to the userdata folder.  it has no parameters or does anything else.  My pythons skills are not at the level where I can add parameters to that script and functionality to remove the file from the userdata folder.  I will have to study a bit and would take me a while to get it to that point.  So perhaps in the time being, I can add the keymap to a skin folder and in this thread (first post and a separate one) explain to folks how they can enable this themselves.  This would mean for now, no option added in Amber settings.  

I already created a keymap called Amber.xml that adds the gestures to the relevant windows only (videos,music,pictures,games,weather,programs,addonbrowser).  I will create a "scripts" skin folder and put it there.  What do you think?

In terms of mouse support, I already tried (part of it is in Git already) adding an "Options" button to all of the views, and it works well, both touch (my laptop has a touch display) and mouse.  I like your idea of adding also a Back and a Home button.  These make sense throughout the skin, so it might take me a while to figure out where to position them that would be consistent everywhere.  Any ideas?

I could start by just having them in the media views.  It will take me a bit to finish this, and yes, in the case of these buttons, they can definitely be switchable.

Again, thanks for your ideas and I await your feedback.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - DarrenHill - 2019-04-25

@bsoriano - to be honest for the keymap I'd probably just follow the xonfluence route and silently add it at first run. My keymap version using the global level has the advantage that any other keymap which does use lower level tags (for specific windows, like your one) will override it. That said I couldn't see any definition using two-finger right swipe in the touchscreen.xml (wiki) file, which is the only one for touchscreen swipes anyway. Also if it's called Amber.xml it's towards the start of the alphabet, and keymaps are loaded in alphabetical order (with the last one overwriting any previously loaded ones).

Of course for most devices that don't have a touchscreen the whole thing is irrelevant anyway Wink

Concerning buttons, I would perhaps use Estouchy or one of the other touchscreen-optimised skins (Retouched perhaps) as a guideline? There is also the Mousetuary variant of Estuary as another example.

I'd probably just group them together somewhere out of the way - probably towards one of the screen corners.

(2019-04-23, 18:58)Cyberdom Wrote: Hello everyone.

It's been years since I used Amber under Kodi Krypton.
I'm happy to see that this skin is compatible with Kodi Leia.
Congratulations on your work Bsoriano.

I installed it and it works properly apart from 2 or 3 things.

1) Would it be possible to decrease the scrolling speed for the summary of movies, series or music albums ? I find this speed is too fast on some pages.

2) I am French and there are still words or terms that are not translated into French.

3) It would be nice also to add an option to move down or up the shelf on the menus Movies, Series or Music instead it remains fixed in the middle of the screen.

4) I also use the add-on Tvheadend HTSP Client to watch TV and TV recordings. When I watch a TV recording, the logo of the recorded channel is not displayed (it is displayed with the Estuary skin). It would be nice if the channel logos are displayed while we watch a recording like watching live TV.
For the program guide, the information bar does not display the end time.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
@Cyberdom , sorry it's taking me a bit to address the issues.  I will shortly provide a fix for issue 1.  

For issue 4, unfortunately I do not have a PVR client that does recordings, so I cannot test this.  Could you please send me a screenshot of what it looks like in Amber (that does not show the channel logo like you would like) and a screenshot of Estuary that shows the channel logo? That way I'll have an idea of what to look for in the code.  Thanks.

Also for issue 4, can you also please send me a screenshot of the program guide that does not display the end time? With the PVR client I am using (Simple IPTV), I do see end time for each program shown in the guide.  Again, thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - Cyberdom - 2019-04-25

Thank you for the fix for issue 1.

For Tvheadend HTSP Client, here are the screenshots :

Screenshot with the playback of a recording under Estuary with the logo of the TV channel that appears and the end time :

Screenshot with Amber recording with the TV channel logo not showing :

Screenshot of a live TV channel with the TV channel logo displayed. The end time is not displayed but there is just the current time :

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-26

(2019-04-25, 17:09)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - to be honest for the keymap I'd probably just follow the xonfluence route and silently add it at first run. My keymap version using the global level has the advantage that any other keymap which does use lower level tags (for specific windows, like your one) will override it. That said I couldn't see any definition using two-finger right swipe in the touchscreen.xml (wiki) file, which is the only one for touchscreen swipes anyway. Also if it's called Amber.xml it's towards the start of the alphabet, and keymaps are loaded in alphabetical order (with the last one overwriting any previously loaded ones).

Of course for most devices that don't have a touchscreen the whole thing is irrelevant anyway Wink

Concerning buttons, I would perhaps use Estouchy or one of the other touchscreen-optimised skins (Retouched perhaps) as a guideline? There is also the Mousetuary variant of Estuary as another example.

I'd probably just group them together somewhere out of the way - probably towards one of the screen corners.

@DarrenHill , I went ahead and followed your suggestions (thanks!) for the mouse/touch buttons in the media views.  Changes are in Git and the Amber repo.  Please test and let me know what you think.  You have to enable the option "Enable Touch Buttons" in Amber Settings.  Thanks.

@shedrock , could you please try this out as well and let me know if this works for you as well on your tablet? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-04-25, 23:08)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you for the fix for issue 1.

For Tvheadend HTSP Client, here are the screenshots :

Screenshot with the playback of a recording under Estuary with the logo of the TV channel that appears and the end time :

Screenshot with Amber recording with the TV channel logo not showing :

Screenshot of a live TV channel with the TV channel logo displayed. The end time is not displayed but there is just the current time :
@Cyberdom , thank you for the screenshots.  I think I have fixed the issues (logo and remaining time).  Please download from Git (or if you installed the Amber repo the skin should update automatically), test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

One thing to note is that the remaining time, duration, elapsed time and finish time will not be correct or missing for live tv items that do not have EPG.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - DarrenHill - 2019-04-26

@bsoriano - tried the touch buttons. They generally seem to be working, but there are a few comments:
  • They are maybe a little small for touch?
  • The placement doesn't seem very obvious or natural in the centre of the top window bar, but I'm not sure what would be better without a free-floating set or something.
  • It's very weird to only have back and home buttons on specific windows (the ones where the blade menu is available). If the buttons are enabled, I would perhaps show back and home on all windows (except the main top level one) and add the menu/settings button as now only when the menu is there to call up (although from the swipe testing trying to call the menu on other screens doesn't seem to do anything weird, at least where I tried).

(2019-04-26, 20:32)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - tried the touch buttons. They generally seem to be working, but there are a few comments:

• They are maybe a little small for touch?
  • The placement doesn't seem very obvious or natural in the centre of the top window bar, but I'm not sure what would be better without a free-floating set or something.
  • It's very weird to only have back and home buttons on specific windows (the ones where the blade menu is available). If the buttons are enabled, I would perhaps show back and home on all windows (except the main top level one) and add the menu/settings button as now only when the menu is there to call up (although from the swipe testing trying to call the menu on other screens doesn't seem to do anything weird, at least where I tried).

@DarrenHill , thanks for your feedback.

Yes, the buttons are a little small, but I wanted to make them fit in the height of the skin's top bar.  I agree the placement is not optimal either, but I'm afraid my designs skills only go so far (sorry!) and top placement was the only place on the screen that could be the same no matter what media window it was.

I can certainly add the relevant buttons to the other windows.

Given the current limitations of the feature, do you still think it worthwhile?

Regards,

Bart

I tried with just mouse only, and there currently is no way to bring the blade menu up that way that I can see (right click does back).

I'll have a look later and see if I can come up with any suitable keymapping for a mouse that would be the equivalent of the two finger swipe right on touchscreen. If there is then perhaps going that route could be an option, but if not it's a question of how many people actually exclusively use mice for controlling Kodi. I know it's not an unknown scenario, but it's a rare one.

(2019-04-26, 21:00)DarrenHill Wrote: I tried with just mouse only, and there currently is no way to bring the blade menu up that way that I can see (right click does back).

I'll have a look later and see if I can come up with any suitable keymapping for a mouse that would be the equivalent of the two finger swipe right on touchscreen. If there is then perhaps going that route could be an option, but if not it's a question of how many people actually exclusively use mice for controlling Kodi. I know it's not an unknown scenario, but it's a rare one.
@DarrenHill, the touch button I added did not work for you with the mouse? I tried it and it worked for me.

Regards,

Bart

Sorry, wasn't clear.

I tried using just a mouse on the standard set-up and there's no way to open the blade menu with just a mouse - keyboard or something is needed.

But with the buttons enabled that worked fine in all three actions. Blade menu popped up correctly and went away correctly on cog button press.

Editted to add - I've just found another mouse glitch. If you are in one of the menus (e.g. the addon browser) and right click on something, you get the context menu up. There's no way to actually back out of that with just the mouse other than to select something. At least with a normal 3-button mouse anyway (I run a 5-button Intellimouse and the left thumb-button works as back in any window there).

And there's no way I think any other route is possible there, except perhaps without a specific keymap to define right click to back within the context menu window (if that's possible).

@bsoriano - how about the Amber.xml keymap below.

It makes right click in the context menu cancel/back out of the menu and a "middle click" (ie pushing the mouse wheel) open the blade menu. Plus the touch screen double-finger right swipe opening the menu from before. All specifically focussed on the navigation windows.

Another option is long right-click (<longclick id="1">Menu</longclick>) but that doesn't feel at all natural.

My only concern would be for people with wheel-less rodents...

Edited to add - more windows need to be covered (mainly PVR ones) as they also have blade menus.

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<addonbrowser>
<touch>
<swipe direction="right" pointers="2">Menu</swipe>
</touch>
<mouse>
<middleclick>Menu</middleclick>
</mouse>
</addonbrowser>
<music>