Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - lynxstrike - 2021-07-07

(2021-07-07, 18:52)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-07-07, 17:06)bsoriano Wrote: In reviewing a request by user @bobrap , I realized that the shelf (widget) size for landscape widgets does not show at the same time the minimum number of items that you can set as a limit (5). 
I imagine this would not affect me because I don't use the landscape widget section. I only use Poster and Square options.

@bsoriano 

I too only use Poster widgets... 
Greetings Bart... Smile

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bobrap - 2021-07-07

@bsoriano 
I'm ok with anything that is easier for you.  Thanks.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-07-07

(2021-07-07, 21:53)bobrap Wrote: @bsoriano 

@bobrap , thanks.

In regards to the info popup, what I have so far is a per-widget property that you can turn on:

If enabled, it will only (so far) show info for movies, tv shows and episodes.  I will work soon on music videos, artists, albums and songs, but it will not show for sets (not enoguh info to show and cannot rely on addons to provide consistently) or any other item type (playlist, director, actor, tag, year, etc.).  The delay (not configurable) before showing the popup is 3 seconds.

It would look like this for movies:

And for tv shows:

And for episodes:

The popup will remain on screen for 30 seconds.  It will disappear if you move (up, down, left right, back) or press Info.

So, what do you think? Am I on the right track? Would you like (since you asked for this) a different delay, both in showing the popup and in it disappearing? Any information that you would like different in the popup?

Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bobrap - 2021-07-07

(2021-07-07, 22:32)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-07, 21:53)bobrap Wrote: T@bsoriano 

@bobrap , thanks.

In regards to the info popup, what I have so far is a per-widget property that you can turn on:

If enabled, it will only (so far) show info for movies, tv shows and episodes.  I will work soon on music videos, artists, albums and songs, but it will not show for sets (not enoguh info to show and cannot rely on addons to provide consistently) or any other item type (playlist, director, actor, tag, year, etc.).  The delay (not configurable) before showing the popup is 3 seconds.

It would look like this for movies:

And for tv shows:

And for episodes:

The popup will remain on screen for 30 seconds.  It will disappear if you move (up, down, left right, back) or press Info.

So, what do you think? Am I on the right track? Would you like (since you asked for this) a different delay, both in showing the popup and in it disappearing? Any information that you would like different in the popup?

Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
That looks fine.  Is it activated when you roll-over/highlight the item? No sense making things more difficult just for me. Appreciate your time and effort!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-07-07

(2021-07-07, 22:42)bobrap Wrote: That looks fine.  Is it activated when you roll-over/highlight the item? No sense making things more difficult just for me. Appreciate your time and effort!

@bobrap , thanks. Yes, it is activated when you focus on an item. 

I will continue in this direction then.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-07-10

@bobrap , if you are willing to update from GitHub, the info popup for the shelves/widgets is ready, in my opinion.  Please update, test, and let me know what you think.  The changes are on GitHub, both for Matrix and Leia.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bobrap - 2021-07-10

(2021-07-10, 15:41)bsoriano Wrote: @bobrap , if you are willing to update from GitHub, the info popup for the shelves/widgets is ready, in my opinion.  Please update, test, and let me know what you think.  The changes are on GitHub, both for Matrix and Leia.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

The popup looks great, thanks.  Not to be pushy, are you still considering some sort of centering?  Thanks, again.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-07-11

Hi @bsoriano,

I tried this latest version with the trailer feature but there seems to be an issue. If I leave the highlight over a movie in my library, (10 seconds in my case) nothing happens for quite some time & my system freezes up. If that doesn't happen, then I get a YouTube error, or it restarts Kodi. I personally won't use this feature, but I just thought I would let you know.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2021-07-11

Ooh trailer feature already on amber, that's very nice 👍

Noticed that youtube addon subtitle settings is messing it up little bit. If youtube settings>configure subtitles>prompt is enabled, subtitle list window keeps popping up and if I try to skip it or choose subtitle, trailer goes back to beginning and same scenario happends again, unless I choose subtitle language from that list and go fullscreen mode. Then it doesn't ask subtitles again and works fine.

Also finnish translations for these settings are;
Auto Play Trailer (Local Trailer Only) = Automaattisesti Toista Traileri (Vain Paikallinen Traileri)
Auto Play Trailer Delay = Automaattisesti Toistettavan Trailerin Viive

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-07-11

@G0mez , @shedrock , I intended the automatic trailer playing feature to play local trailers, not youtube links.  Thus the name in the setting.  However, given that both of you have YouTube links as trailers for your media, do you know of any skin that plays trailers automatically, and does not have the issues that you both have described? Hopefully you do, and can let me know which one(s), so I can take a look at how it is done correctly for that use case.  Thank you for your help.

I was not able to test that scenario, because all of my movies have local trailers.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-07-11, 13:56)G0mez Wrote: Also finnish translations for these settings are;
Auto Play Trailer (Local Trailer Only) = Automaattisesti Toista Traileri (Vain Paikallinen Traileri)
Auto Play Trailer Delay = Automaattisesti Toistettavan Trailerin Viive

@G0mez , thank you for the translations.  I still need these three strings to have a full (and completely updated) Finnish translation:

1. Show Information Popup (after 3 seconds)
2. Enabled
3. Disabled

Thanks again.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2021-07-11

(2021-07-11, 15:59)bsoriano Wrote: I intended the automatic trailer playing feature to play local trailers, not youtube links.  Thus the name in the setting.  However, given that both of you have YouTube links as trailers for your media, do you know of any skin that plays trailers automatically, and does not have the issues that you both have described? Hopefully you do, and can let me know which one(s), so I can take a look at how it is done correctly for that use case.  Thank you for your help.

I was not able to test that scenario, because all of my movies have local trailers.

Regards,

Bart

Unfortunatelly don't have experience of other skins using this trailer feature. Once I found amber skin some years ago, since then haven't found any reason to use em. Amber is all I need :]
What if you move some trailer temporarily to other location to test out that bug? Though it's not that big deal

Ok here is those missing finnish translations;
1. Show Information Popup (after 3 seconds) = Näytä Informaatio Ponnahdusikkuna (3 sekunnin kuluttua)
2. Enabled = Käytössä
3. Disabled = Ei Käytössä

(2021-07-11, 16:58)G0mez Wrote:
(2021-07-11, 15:59)bsoriano Wrote: I intended the automatic trailer playing feature to play local trailers, not youtube links.  Thus the name in the setting.  However, given that both of you have YouTube links as trailers for your media, do you know of any skin that plays trailers automatically, and does not have the issues that you both have described? Hopefully you do, and can let me know which one(s), so I can take a look at how it is done correctly for that use case.  Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Unfortunatelly don't have experience of other skins using this trailer feature. Once I found amber skin some years ago, since then haven't found any reason to use em. Amber is all I need :]
What if you move some trailer temporarily to other location to test out that bug? Though it's not that big deal

Ok here is those missing finnish translations;
1. Show Information Popup (after 3 seconds) = Näytä Informaatio Ponnahdusikkuna (3 sekunnin kuluttua)
2. Enabled = Käytössä
3. Disabled = Ei Käytössä
@G0mez , thanks for the translations.  Even in my powerful system, the automatic playing of trailers from youtube has been inconsistent.  So, in the meantime, I have restricted the feature to only play local trailers.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - abidm8 - 2021-07-11

Hello everyone,
I decided to switch to Amber from Confluence,
for testing purposes, I adjusted confluence skin to be able to display an overlay while the video is playing, added a code in videofullscreen.xml and a logo.png in media folder.
Amber has much better widgets option, but the process above to show overlay was not as simple as I thought,

at the moment I use the Amber skin, and I love it.

any suggestions ?

please see attached image
thank you

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-07-11

(2021-07-11, 15:59)bsoriano Wrote: However, given that both of you have YouTube links as trailers for your media.
The only trailer links I have is whatever Amber uses in the DialogVideoInfo when you click on trailer. Other than that, I have no clue. As for another skin that uses this feature, well, I have no clue either. This is just my personal opinion on this feature. I think it is totally unnecessary and only bloats Amber, but I do understand that you can turn it on and off. I just don't understand why anyone would find it difficult to click on a trailer link in the DialogVideoInfo screen. Again, this is just my opinion.

Thanks Bart for all your continued hard work on this skin.

Regards,

Shedrock