Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-26

(2019-04-26, 22:27)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - how about the Amber.xml keymap below.

It makes right click in the context menu cancel/back out of the menu and a "middle click" (ie pushing the mouse wheel) open the blade menu. Plus the touch screen double-finger right swipe opening the menu from before. All specifically focussed on the navigation windows.

Another option is long right-click (<longclick id="1">Menu</longclick>) but that doesn't feel at all natural.

My only concern would be for people with wheel-less rodents...

Edited to add - more windows need to be covered (mainly PVR ones) as they also have blade menus.

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<addonbrowser>
<touch>
<swipe direction="right" pointers="2">Menu</swipe>
</touch>
<mouse>
<middleclick>Menu</middleclick>
</mouse>
</addonbrowser>
<music>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</music>
<videos>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</videos>
<pictures>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</pictures>
<games>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</games>
<weather>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</weather>
<programs>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</programs>
<contextmenu>
<mouse>
<rightclick>back</rightclick>
</mouse>
</contextmenu>
</keymap>
@DarrenHill, thanks! I like it.  So, make it a one-time silent copy to the userdata folder? If I use the script from Xonfluence, there will be a message saying that Kodi needs to be restarted for the update to complete, which I think is OK.  What do you think?

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - DarrenHill - 2019-04-26

@bsoriano - yes, Kodi needs to be restarted once the keymap is put in before it's picked up.

I just tried to widen it to include the PVR windows, but for some reason they aren't working (all the browser windows work fine). Maybe you can see what's wrong - I'm exhausted after a long day at work and am going to give up for tonight.

Also I see in my logs some skin helper service errors relating to the PVR windows, which might account for the above?

Log (without debug logging set) - https://paste.kodi.tv/zasexeseta.kodi
Full log with debugging - https://paste.kodi.tv/uxuyilupif.kodi

Code:
2019-04-26 21:51:07.999 T:5068  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.3 started
2019-04-26 21:51:11.406 T:25496   ERROR: Unmatched ]
2019-04-26 21:51:11.406 T:25496   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression [window.isactive(mypvrchannels.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrguide.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrrecordings.xml)] + !string.isempty(listitem.plot) + !string.isequal(listitem.episodename,listitem.plot])
2019-04-26 21:51:11.427 T:25496   ERROR: Unmatched ]
2019-04-26 21:51:11.427 T:25496   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression [window.isactive(mypvrchannels.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrguide.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrrecordings.xml)] + !string.isempty(listitem.plot) + !string.isequal(listitem.episodename,listitem.plot])
2019-04-26 21:51:20.521 T:25496   ERROR: Unmatched ]
2019-04-26 21:51:20.521 T:25496   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression [window.isactive(mypvrchannels.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrguide.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrrecordings.xml)] + !string.isempty(listitem.plot) + !string.isequal(listitem.episodename,listitem.plot])
2019-04-26 21:51:35.216 T:25496   ERROR: Unmatched ]
2019-04-26 21:51:35.216 T:25496   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression [window.isactive(mypvrchannels.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrguide.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrrecordings.xml)] + !string.isempty(listitem.plot) + !string.isequal(listitem.episodename,listitem.plot])
2019-04-26 21:51:57.002 T:25496   ERROR: Unmatched ]
2019-04-26 21:51:57.002 T:25496   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression [window.isactive(mypvrchannels.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrguide.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrrecordings.xml)] + !string.isempty(listitem.plot) + !string.isequal(listitem.episodename,listitem.plot])

xml:

<keymap>
<!-- Ways to open the blade menu with touchscreen or mouse-only. -->
<addonbrowser>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</addonbrowser>
<music>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</music>
<videos>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</videos>
<pictures>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</pictures>
<games>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</games>
<weather>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</weather>
<programs>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</programs>

<tvchannels>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</tvchannels>
<tvrecordings>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</tvrecordings>
<tvtimers>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</tvtimers>
<tvsearch>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</tvsearch>

<radiochannels>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</radiochannels>
<radiorecordings>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</radiorecordings>
<radiotimers>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</radiotimers>
<radiosearch>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</radiosearch>

<!-- Give a way out of the context menu without actually having to select something. -->

<contextmenu>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</contextmenu>
</keymap>

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-26

(2019-04-26, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-26, 22:27)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - how about the Amber.xml keymap below.

It makes right click in the context menu cancel/back out of the menu and a "middle click" (ie pushing the mouse wheel) open the blade menu. Plus the touch screen double-finger right swipe opening the menu from before. All specifically focussed on the navigation windows.

Another option is long right-click (<longclick id="1">Menu</longclick>) but that doesn't feel at all natural.

My only concern would be for people with wheel-less rodents...

Edited to add - more windows need to be covered (mainly PVR ones) as they also have blade menus.

xml:
<keymap>
<addonbrowser>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</addonbrowser>
<music>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</music>
<videos>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</videos>
<pictures>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</pictures>
<games>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</games>
<weather>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</weather>
<programs>
<touch>
</touch>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</programs>
<contextmenu>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</contextmenu>
</keymap>
@DarrenHill, thanks! I like it.  So, make it a one-time silent copy to the userdata folder? If I use the script from Xonfluence, there will be a message saying that Kodi needs to be restarted for the update to complete, which I think is OK.  What do you think?

Regards,

Bart 
@DarrenHill , thanks again, go rest! Smile

I will figure out what's going on with the PVR windows for the sideblade, I know I tested them with the touch buttons, but not with the swipe gesture or mouse yet.  The error in the log is not related to skin helper service, it looks to be a code error that I thought I had fixed.  I will take a look at that as well.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - DarrenHill - 2019-04-26

The buttons work on those screens, it's just the keymaps that don't for some reason.

The original errors reported are from the non-debug logging enabled log, but there's a second full log below it now if that helps.

Anyway enough for one day. Will catch up tomorrow.

RE: Amber for Leia - shedrock - 2019-04-27

@bsoriano - Maybe I am missing something or just too tired. I reinstalled the skin and I was under the impression that there is an option to turn on/off for touch screen for the views in TV shows and Movies from the settings menu. Am I wrong? Big Grin

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-27

(2019-04-27, 00:17)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Maybe I am missing something or just too tired. I reinstalled the skin and I was under the impression that there is an option to turn on/off for touch screen for the views in TV shows and Movies from the settings menu. Am I wrong? Big Grin
@shedrock , there is a new option in Settings, Amber Settings, General, called "Enable Touch Buttons".  When you set that to Yes, you should see three buttons in all windows that have a sideblade.  The buttons will appear in the middle of the Top Bar.  One for Home, one for Back and the other for Menu (gear icon, opens the sideblade).  You can click those buttons with touch or a mouse, but there is not way to reach them with the keyboard (by design).  Please let me know if this works for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-04-27, 00:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 00:17)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Maybe I am missing something or just too tired. I reinstalled the skin and I was under the impression that there is an option to turn on/off for touch screen for the views in TV shows and Movies from the settings menu. Am I wrong? Big Grin
@shedrock , there is a new option in Settings, Amber Settings, General, called "Enable Touch Buttons".  When you set that to Yes, you should see three buttons in all windows that have a sideblade.  The buttons will appear in the middle of the Top Bar.  One for Home, one for Back and the other for Menu (gear icon, opens the sideblade).  You can click those buttons with touch or a mouse, but there is not way to reach them with the keyboard (by design).  Please let me know if this works for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Hmm...that's what I thought, but I don't have that option. I did uninstall the skin and re-installed it, but I still don't see that option. Is the repo updated? Let me go try and refresh again.

(2019-04-27, 00:34)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 00:27)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart   
Hmm...that's what I thought, but I don't have that option. I did uninstall the skin and re-installed it, but I still don't see that option. Is the repo updated? Let me go try and refresh again. 
@shedrock, yes, the repo is updated.  What version of the skin is shown in your install right now? It should be 3.1.8.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-04-27, 00:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 00:34)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 00:27)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , there is a new option in Settings, Amber Settings, General, called "Enable Touch Buttons".  When you set that to Yes, you should see three buttons in all windows that have a sideblade.  The buttons will appear in the middle of the Top Bar.  One for Home, one for Back and the other for Menu (gear icon, opens the sideblade).  You can click those buttons with touch or a mouse, but there is not way to reach them with the keyboard (by design).  Please let me know if this works for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   
@shedrock, yes, the repo is updated.  What version of the skin is shown in your install right now? It should be 3.1.8.

Regards,

Bart 
It's showing as 3.1.4. Maybe I will just reinstall Kodi. It is a new installation so it really doesn't matter. I'll check back with you afterwards.

Shedrock

@bsoriano - I did a fresh install of Kodi and it still shows as 3.1.4 in the Kodi repo. I'll keep trying. Big Grin

(2019-04-27, 01:20)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I did a fresh install of Kodi and it still shows as 3.1.4 in the Kodi repo. I'll keep trying. Big Grin

@shedrock, sorry, my bad! In the Kodi repo the skin has not been updated yet.  It is still 3.1.4.  On Git and in the Amber repo the skin is updated to 3.1.8.  Please, if you would like, use the Amber repo.  The link to download the repo is in the first post.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-04-27, 01:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 01:20)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I did a fresh install of Kodi and it still shows as 3.1.4 in the Kodi repo. I'll keep trying. Big Grin

@shedrock, sorry, my bad! In the Kodi repo the skin has not been updated yet.  It is still 3.1.4.  On Git and in the Amber repo the skin is updated to 3.1.8.  Please, if you would like, use the Amber repo.  The link to download the repo is in the first post.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
No problem, I will do that now and get back to you ASAP.

Cheers,

Shedrock

@bsoriano - It works perfectly! Thank you so much for this. Big Grin

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia - degeneration - 2019-04-27

Apologies if this has already been asked, but is there a way to toggle on and off showing the total number of episodes on the same line as the TV show name during list and low list views? I really don't like it being there, but appreciate others might, so would love to be able to turn it off. Similarly with the episode rating once you get into the episode level of the TV show.

I personally just don't think either are needed and just take up space making it look cluttered, as that info is in the "blurb" section in the middle of the screen.

As it takes up space, longer TV show and episode names are now truncated. E.g. How to get away with murder used to show the complete name if I recall correctly, but it now just shows How to get away with ... Then the total number of episodes.

And finally in the "blurb" section, under the name of the show, it has from left to right: year, (average?) Episode length, total number episodes, unwatched episode count.

The episode length is pretty pointless, as it is not at all representative of the episodes. E.g. The OA is showing as 01:00:00 but episodes vary in length from around 30 mins to 1hr 10 mins.

Thanks.

(2019-04-27, 09:34)degeneration Wrote: Apologies if this has already been asked, but is there a way to toggle on and off showing the total number of episodes on the same line as the TV show name during list and low list views? I really don't like it being there, but appreciate others might, so would love to be able to turn it off. Similarly with the episode rating once you get into the episode level of the TV show.

I personally just don't think either are needed and just take up space making it look cluttered, as that info is in the "blurb" section in the middle of the screen.

As it takes up space, longer TV show and episode names are now truncated. E.g. How to get away with murder used to show the complete name if I recall correctly, but it now just shows How to get away with ... Then the total number of episodes.

And finally in the "blurb" section, under the name of the show, it has from left to right: year, (average?) Episode length, total number episodes, unwatched episode count.

The episode length is pretty pointless, as it is not at all representative of the episodes. E.g. The OA is showing as 01:00:00 but episodes vary in length from around 30 mins to 1hr 10 mins.

Thanks.

@degeneration, thank you for your feedback. There is an option in Settings, Amber Settings, General named Hide second label in List Views. Please set that to Yes. This will hide the second label globally for all list views that have one (list and low list). Note that this will be for all media types, not just for TV shows.

The option will not hide the number of unwatched episodes next to the TV show name.

As for the show duration, this is not set by the skin, this is what you have for the TV show, however you scraped the info (online scraper, local NFO, etc.) I find it useful; at this time I don't plan to remove it.

Of course, you can mod the skin to your liking if you wish. Please let me know if you want to do that and I can point the way on what to change in what file. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart