Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-08-11

(2021-08-11, 21:08)bsoriano Wrote: You could enable "Show More Items on List views" which, in essence, uses a smaller font for the list items.  This setting can be found here:
Thanks Bart,

I will give that a try. Sorry to be a pain.

Regards

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Eolishe - 2021-08-12

(2021-08-11, 16:58)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-11, 09:32)Eolishe Wrote: I would really appreciate your help.

@Eolishe , thank you for your kind words! Smile

In terms of the logo, if you have them enabled to show in media views and in the home window and you are not seeing them, I would advise you to check if the Universal Movie Scraper is indeed loading the logos into your db.  Take a movie that you know should have a logo, go into the video information dialog, click on Extras, and then Choose Art:

And then see if there is indeed a clearlogo for the movie:

If there is not, then there is an issue with your scraper.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano
Thank you so much for your help! I checked what you suggested. There was no clearart there. So I'm rescraping the library now and finally I can see the logos on the movies😄

I have another question though. I changed background for the home screen to rotate random movies from my library. For some reason it takes a couple of minutes for the images to come up and I end up with the black screen when open kodi. Is it normal or can it be because I'm using vpn?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Karellen - 2021-08-12

(2021-08-12, 02:20)Eolishe Wrote: Is it normal or can it be because I'm using vpn?
We don't provide support for VPN setups.
Disable your VPN and check if the problem still persists. If the issue disappears, it is a VPN issue and you will need to seek support from your VPN provider.
Thanks.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Eolishe - 2021-08-12

(2021-08-12, 02:28)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-12, 02:20)Eolishe Wrote: Is it normal or can it be because I'm using vpn?
Disable your VPN and check if the problem still persists. If the issue disappears, it is a VPN issue and you will need to seek support from your VPN provider.
Thanks.

Thank you! Checked it without the vpn, it was the same. Eventually I turned off use of Embuary Helper for backgrounds and the images started loading much faster.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-08-12

(2021-08-12, 06:08)Eolishe Wrote:
(2021-08-12, 02:28)Karellen Wrote:
Thanks.

Thank you! Checked it without the vpn, it was the same. Eventually I turned off use of Embuary Helper for backgrounds and the images started loading much faster.

@Eolishe, with embuary helper for backgrounds, the images take longer to initially appear, but it has the advantage of not showing blank backgrounds if there is no fanart for a movie.  I have found it works best for playlist backgrounds.

Regards,

Baet

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Zekeman - 2021-08-13

I am sorry if this has been asked, but I have seen similiar but not exact.... For the Recently Added Shows is it possible just to display the Show Poster instead of the current season Poster? It displays fine for "Recommended..."

Again sorry if this has been asked, with all these awesome improvements I should of moved off of 17.6 along time ago....

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Eolishe - 2021-08-13

(2021-08-12, 13:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-12, 06:08)Eolishe Wrote:
(2021-08-12, 02:28)Karellen Wrote: We don't provide support for VPN setups.
Thanks.

@Eolishe, with embuary helper for backgrounds, the images take longer to initially appear, but it has the advantage of not showing blank backgrounds if there is no fanart for a movie.  I have found it works best for playlist backgrounds.

Regards,

Baet

@bsoriano, thank you for your reply! Do you know if there is a way to make it faster? 😆 I really love my tv screen, rotating amazing movie art. The best screensaver👍🏼

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Groguuu - 2021-08-13

I was wondering when using playing videos the OSD doesn’t show any fanart. See pic below. Is there a setting I am missing?Image

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-08-13

(2021-08-13, 03:47)Eolishe Wrote: @bsoriano, thank you for your reply! Do you know if there is a way to make it faster? 😆 I really love my tv screen, rotating amazing movie art. The best screensaver👍🏼

@Eolishe , the fastest backgrounds would be "Random Movie Fanart (Kodi)".  You can choose that when you configure the background for a menu item:

The only thing to consider with this one is that it is limited to 25 random fanarts (I wanted to make it faster).  The fanarts come from your whole movie library.  You might see blank backgrounds if you have movies with no fanart.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-08-13

(2021-08-13, 07:31)Groguuu Wrote: I was wondering when using playing videos the OSD doesn’t show any fanart. See pic below. Is there a setting I am missing?

@Groguuu , it seems that the video you are playing does not have a poster or thumbnail loaded into the db.  Amber allows you to decide what artwork to show in the OSD.  You can configure this here:

When you click on that, you get a dialog that lets you select the artwork type, like this:

The default is Poster/Thumb.  That is why I am saying that your video does not have a poster or thumbnail loaded in the db.  You can check this by going to the video info dialog for your video, clicking on Extras, and then on Choose Art.  You should see something like this:

As you can see from the above, I do have a thumbnail for that episode, so, in the OSD (with Poster/Thumb as the artwork type), I get this:

If your video is an episode from your library, and you have not selected another artwork type for the OSD, Amber will look for a thumbnail first; if there is no thumbnail, it will look for the tvshow poster; if there is no tv show poster, then it will show the episode icon, which is, as in your screenshot, the dfault video cover image. 

If you have the setting "Episodes use Poster" enabled, then Amber will look for the season poster first, then for the tv show poster if not season poster; if no season poster, then it will show the icon.

If the video is from live tv (PVR), then Amber will look for the icon provided by your PVR backend.  If none is provided, it will show the video icon.

So, if playing videos from your library, just make sure that you have artwork loaded for that video.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Eolishe - 2021-08-14

(2021-08-13, 15:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-13, 03:47)Eolishe Wrote: @bsoriano, thank you for your reply! Do you know if there is a way to make it faster? 😆 I really love my tv screen, rotating amazing movie art. The best screensaver👍🏼

@Eolishe , the fastest backgrounds would be "Random Movie Fanart (Kodi)".  You can choose that when you configure the background for a menu item:

The only thing to consider with this one is that it is limited to 25 random fanarts (I wanted to make it faster).  The fanarts come from your whole movie library.  You might see blank backgrounds if you have movies with no fanart.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano

Oh, awesome! I activated Embuary Helper and the backgrounds that you said and there is no problem! Images load very fast. Thank you so much for your help, Bart!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-08-16

@bsoriano 
Hi Bart,

Here is an attached image of the issue I mentioned in Amber (Matrix) in regards to installing an addon.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-08-17

Hi Bart,

I know I should know this, but for the life of me I cannot remember how to get my Movie artwork rotating. I am setting up Amber on Matrix but I am having a brain dead moment. Big Grin

Thanks,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-08-17

(2021-08-16, 23:40)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano 
Hi Bart,

Here is an attached image of the issue I mentioned in Amber (Matrix) in regards to installing an addon.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for the screenshot.  I am not sure what the problem is here.  Does the addon install if you press OK? 

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-08-17

(2021-08-17, 16:40)shedrock Wrote: Hi Bart,

I know I should know this, but for the life of me I cannot remember how to get my Movie artwork rotating. I am setting up Amber on Matrix but I am having a brain dead moment. Big Grin

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , if you mean extra fanart in media views, then make sure you have "Show Fanart Background in Sub Windows" and "Show Extrafanart if Available" set to Yes in Amber settings, like so:

Also, you need to make sure that you have your extra fanart loaded into your db, as artwork type fanart1, fanart2, etc.  Amber supports up to 20 fanarts.  In Leia, Artwork Beef took care of that plus your advancedsettings.xml.  In Matrix, AB does not work, and you do not need the advancedsettings.xml.  You should set your Artwork Level to Maximum for video so that Kodi will pickup all the local artwork you have.  Like so:

If, on the other hand, you mean having random fanart show as the background for a main menu item, you can configure this in the menu configuration dialog, just choose "Random Movie Fanart (Kodi)" when configuring the background of a menu item, like this example:

That configuration will rotate through 25 movie fanarts from your collection as the background for the menu item.  You configure the delay for changing the background in the following settiing in Amber settings:

The dafault is 7 seconds.

Please let me know if this answers your question.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart