Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia - Cyberdom - 2019-04-27

(2019-04-26, 20:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-25, 23:08)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you for the fix for issue 1.

For Tvheadend HTSP Client, here are the screenshots :

Screenshot with the playback of a recording under Estuary with the logo of the TV channel that appears and the end time :

Screenshot with Amber recording with the TV channel logo not showing :

Screenshot of a live TV channel with the TV channel logo displayed. The end time is not displayed but there is just the current time :
@Cyberdom , thank you for the screenshots.  I think I have fixed the issues (logo and remaining time).  Please download from Git (or if you installed the Amber repo the skin should update automatically), test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

One thing to note is that the remaining time, duration, elapsed time and finish time will not be correct or missing for live tv items that do not have EPG.

Regards,

Bart   
@bsoriano , thank you for the fix. I have updated Amber with the Amber repository and I have version 3.1.8.

When playing a TV recording, the logo and end time is displayed by pressing the OK or confirm button.
However, with the Info key, the logo still does not appear.

For the summaries that scroll too quickly, it is especially on the view Fanart.

Regarding the music, would it be possible to display only the album art and the fanart while playing a song ? That is without the info on the title being played.
Right now, we can just choose either the fanart alone or the fanart with the info of the title being played.

Thank you in advance.

RE: Amber for Leia - degeneration - 2019-04-27

(2019-04-27, 13:24)bsoriano Wrote: @degeneration, thank you for your feedback. There is an option in Settings, Amber Settings, General named Hide second label in List Views. Please set that to Yes. This will hide the second label globally for all list views that have one (list and low list). Note that this will be for all media types, not just for TV shows.

@bsoriano
I don't have that menu option under settings>amber settings>general.

I Have 9 settings there:
Hide title bar
Show lock/master mode
Hide weather info
Hide pvr
Configure lyrics
Go full screen
Hide update library
Holiday snowfall theme
Reset all skin settings

I've loaded skin from kodi repository, version 3.1.4

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-27

(2019-04-27, 18:31)degeneration Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 13:24)bsoriano Wrote: @degeneration, thank you for your feedback. There is an option in Settings, Amber Settings, General named Hide second label in List Views. Please set that to Yes. This will hide the second label globally for all list views that have one (list and low list). Note that this will be for all media types, not just for TV shows.

@bsoriano
I don't have that menu option under settings>amber settings>general.

I Have 9 settings there:
Hide title bar
Show lock/master mode
Hide weather info
Hide pvr
Configure lyrics
Go full screen
Hide update library
Holiday snowfall theme
Reset all skin settings

I've loaded skin from kodi repository, version 3.1.4

@degeneration, please download the Amber repo (link is in the first post). That way you can have the latest features/fixes.

I only plan to update the Kodi repo once a month at the most, but I am very frequently adding feature requests or fixing bugs.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-04-27, 17:33)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-04-26, 20:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-25, 23:08)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you for the fix for issue 1.

For Tvheadend HTSP Client, here are the screenshots :

Screenshot with the playback of a recording under Estuary with the logo of the TV channel that appears and the end time :

Screenshot with Amber recording with the TV channel logo not showing :

Screenshot of a live TV channel with the TV channel logo displayed. The end time is not displayed but there is just the current time :
@Cyberdom , thank you for the screenshots.  I think I have fixed the issues (logo and remaining time).  Please download from Git (or if you installed the Amber repo the skin should update automatically), test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

One thing to note is that the remaining time, duration, elapsed time and finish time will not be correct or missing for live tv items that do not have EPG.

Regards,

Bart   
@bsoriano , thank you for the fix. I have updated Amber with the Amber repository and I have version 3.1.8.

When playing a TV recording, the logo and end time is displayed by pressing the OK or confirm button.

Regarding the music, would it be possible to display only the album art and the fanart while playing a song ? That is without the info on the title being played.
Right now, we can just choose either the fanart alone or the fanart with the info of the title being played.

Thank you in advance.

@Cyberdom, I am glad to be closer to what you would like. Could you please again send me screenshots of the issues? I can't test recordings due to the IPTV client I use, so definitely I missed something.

For music, can you describe the steps you take to get to where you would like just art to be shown? That way I know where to look in the code. Also, if possible, please send me a screenshot.

Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - Cyberdom - 2019-04-27

(2019-04-27, 19:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 17:33)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-04-26, 20:09)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , thank you for the screenshots.  I think I have fixed the issues (logo and remaining time).  Please download from Git (or if you installed the Amber repo the skin should update automatically), test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   

Thank you in advance.       

@Cyberdom, I am glad to be closer to what you would like. Could you please again send me screenshots of the issues? I can't test recordings due to the IPTV client I use, so definitely I missed something.

For music, can you describe the steps you take to get to where you would like just art to be shown? That way I know where to look in the code. Also, if possible, please send me a screenshot.

Thanks!

Regards,

Bart       
@bsoriano , This is what happens when I play a TV recording and press the OK or confirm button (the TV channel logo is displayed correctly) :

This is what happens when I play a TV recording and press the Info button (the TV channel logo is not displayed) :

When I watch live TV, everything works fine except the timeline at the top of the window. She stays on the left and does not move.  The numbers of the time scroll but not the bar. It would be nice if it progressively advances according to the remaining time of the current program :

For music, I go to the Music menu to choose an album and start a song. The player is displayed in full screen :
What I wanted to know is if it was possible to have an option to display only the fanart with the cover of the album without the name of the song ?

For us French, is it possible also to display "Temps restant" instead of "Remaining" ?

(2019-04-27, 22:24)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 17:33)Cyberdom Wrote: @bsoriano , thank you for the fix. I have updated Amber with the Amber repository and I have version 3.1.8.

Thank you in advance.       

Thanks!

Regards,

Bart       
@bsoriano , This is what happens when I play a TV recording and press the OK or confirm button (the TV channel logo is displayed correctly) :

This is what happens when I play a TV recording and press the Info button (the TV channel logo is not displayed) :

When I watch live TV, everything works fine except the timeline at the top of the window. She stays on the left and does not move.  The numbers of the time scroll but not the bar. It would be nice if it progressively advances according to the remaining time of the current program :

For music, I go to the Music menu to choose an album and start a song. The player is displayed in full screen :
What I wanted to know is if it was possible to have an option to display only the fanart with the cover of the album without the name of the song ?

For us French, is it possible also to display "Temps restant" instead of "Remaining" ?

@Cyberdom, thanks for the screenshots and additional information. I will look into the logo and progress bar issues.

I will also look at a more minimalistic info for music. I can't commit to a time for that yet.

As for the label, are you willing to translate the skin strings into French? If so, I can provide you with detailed instructions to do so. Otherwise, we will have to wait for another French user willing to translate, since I unfortunately do not know French.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - Cyberdom - 2019-04-28

(2019-04-27, 23:29)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom, thanks for the screenshots and additional information. I will look into the logo and progress bar issues.

I will also look at a more minimalistic info for music. I can't commit to a time for that yet.
Thank you bsoriano for all your work on this skin.

(2019-04-27, 23:29)bsoriano Wrote: As for the label, are you willing to translate the skin strings into French? If so, I can provide you with detailed instructions to do so. Otherwise, we will have to wait for another French user willing to translate, since I unfortunately do not know French.
Should I change one or more files in the add-on folder ? OK if it's easy to do because I'm not a developer.

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-28

(2019-04-28, 13:25)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 23:29)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom, thanks for the screenshots and additional information. I will look into the logo and progress bar issues.

Thank you bsoriano for all your work on this skin.

(2019-04-27, 23:29)bsoriano Wrote: As for the label, are you willing to translate the skin strings into French? If so, I can provide you with detailed instructions to do so. Otherwise, we will have to wait for another French user willing to translate, since I unfortunately do not know French.
Should I change one or more files in the add-on folder ? OK if it's easy to do because I'm not a developer.

@Cyberdom, thank you for your willingness to help! The translation does not require any development skills.

In the skin folder there is a "language" folder. In there, you will find a "resource.language.en_gb" folder. This is the folder for the English skin strings. All of the strings are in a file named strings.po.

What you need to do is open that file with a text editor, and translate each string in each line that starts with "msgid". Save the file (don't change the name) and post it here and I will add it to the skin.

An even easier way to do the translation is to use poedit. You open the strings.po file with poedit, you select the language you are translating to, and it will show you each string and provide you a space for you to write the translation, and even suggest translations.

Poedit is free software available for Windows, macOS and Unix/Linux.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

OK, when I finish the translation, it will be necessary to insert the file in attachment or to put the source code directly in the message with "Insert Syntax" ?

(2019-04-28, 20:11)Cyberdom Wrote: OK, when I finish the translation, it will be necessary to insert the file in attachment or to put the source code directly in the message with "Insert Syntax" ?

As an attachment, please. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Can we store the file on the forum to share it ?
If not, should we go through an external sharing service ?
In this case, can we discuss in private message on the forum and how do we do it ?

(2019-04-28, 22:53)Cyberdom Wrote: Can we store the file on the forum to share it ?
If not, should we go through an external sharing service ?
In this case, can we discuss in private message on the forum and how do we do it ?

@Cyberdom, my apologies, I thought you could attach a file to a message. Just put it on any sharing service and PM me the link. Thanks. If you can't PM me, then post the link here. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - Enigma256 - 2019-04-29

I have an issue with the "Jarvis Style" items, when I start an episode or a movie from there, it will crash back to the main menu after a few seconds.
Starting it from the main TV Shows or Movies section works fine.

I'm using the latest version from the Amber repo 3.1.8 on LibreElec 9.0.1 (Kodi 18.1)

I don't have much experience troubleshooting this, what would you need?

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-29

(2019-04-27, 22:24)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 17:33)Cyberdom Wrote: @bsoriano , thank you for the fix. I have updated Amber with the Amber repository and I have version 3.1.8.

Thank you in advance.       

Thanks!

Regards,

Bart        

@Cyberdom, I think I finally fixed the channel logo issue and the progress bar issue.  Please download from Git (or the skin should auto-update if you installed it from the Amber repo), test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

I decided I am not going to touch the music visualization screen for now.  Sorry that I could not accommodate that request.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-04-29

(2019-04-29, 00:05)Enigma256 Wrote: I have an issue with the "Jarvis Style" items, when I start an episode or a movie from there, it will crash back to the main menu after a few seconds.
Starting it from the main TV Shows or Movies section works fine.

I'm using the latest version from the Amber repo 3.1.8 on LibreElec 9.0.1 (Kodi 18.1)

I don't have much experience troubleshooting this, what would you need?
@Enigma256 , thank you for your feedback.  I don't think this is a skin issue, since this works fine for me.  However, I am running under Windows 10.  I have no way to test with LibreELEC.  Perhaps it might be an issue with the addon that provides the info for the Jarvis shelves, under LibreELEC.

Please post a Debug Log Log_file (wiki) , and I will take a look.  I cannot promise I will be able to figure out what is wrong, as I don't know much about LibreELEC.

Regards,

Bart