Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-09-20

(2021-09-19, 23:38)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Where do I find @henryjfry's version? Also, shouldn't it be added to the skin dependencies if you choose this option and it's not installed? Sorry 4 brief msg. Typing with left hand.

Shedrock

@shedrock, you can install the repository found in github.com/henryjfry/repository.thenewdiamond/

And then install the addon from there. From what I saw, the addon is diamondinfo, that you can install as Extendedinfo. This one seems to be actively maintained and works well with Matrix.

I will not add it as a dependency, since the skin can function without it. If what you meant was to add it to the addons that the skin can use and you can see in the settings that it is installed or not, then yes, I will do that. However, since it is not in the Kodi repo, you will not be able to install it from Amber settings

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-09-20

(2021-09-20, 00:55)bsoriano Wrote: If what you meant was to add it to the addons that the skin can use and you can see in the settings that it is installed or not, then yes, I will do that.
Yes, that's what I meant.Big Grin

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bobrap - 2021-09-20

(2021-09-18, 17:50)bobrap Wrote: Hey Bart.  Was wondering if there is the possibility of showing which source is selected by highlighting it.  Thanks.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention if by chance you missed it.  Thanks.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-09-20

Hi @bsoriano - I wanted to ask you if there is a way to increase the poster blur effect? For instance in this modded version of ExtendedInfo, you can open up for example the TV series "A Discovery of Witches" based on the poster of course, but you will see there is more blue that the one used in Amber. I am assuming it is Embuary Helper being used? I'm not sure, but I provided 2 pics to show what I mean.

Regards,

Shedrock

(2021-09-20, 02:05)bobrap Wrote: Just wanted to bring this to your attention if by chance you missed it.  Thanks.

@bobrap , thanks for the reminder.  I have made the changes, they are on GitHub already.  Now the selected source is highlighted, like the rest of the lists throughout the skin.  It should look like this:

Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bobrap - 2021-09-20

(2021-09-20, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-20, 02:05)bobrap Wrote: Just wanted to bring this to your attention if by chance you missed it.  Thanks.

@bobrap , thanks for the reminder.  I have made the changes, they are on GitHub already.  Now the selected source is highlighted, like the rest of the lists throughout the skin.  It should look like this:

Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!  Works like a charm and looks great.

(2021-09-20, 16:17)shedrock Wrote: Hi @bsoriano - I wanted to ask you if there is a way to increase the poster blur effect? For instance in this modded version of ExtendedInfo, you can open up for example the TV series "A Discovery of Witches" based on the poster of course, but you will see there is more blue that the one used in Amber. I am assuming it is Embuary Helper being used? I'm not sure, but I provided 2 pics to show what I mean.

@shedrock , I will see what I can do.  I am using tmdb helper for blur, and I will look at the settings.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

@shedrock , I played around with the overlay on top of the video info background when blur is being used.  This is what I came up with:

First, make sure that you have Blur enabled, and to use poster for blur, since the poster usually has more colors than the fanart.  Like so:

Following you will find some examples of the result.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - ontap - 2021-09-20

Hi Bart , am getting a dependency error whe trying to install the skin , both itself direct from github and from your repo (matrix) . Error is for "amber ui sounds " .
Got skin loaded now, but had to download the above dependency and also 'script.simpleeval" and install first.

@shedrock , what do you think of this one:

This is using Embuary Helper instead of tmdb helper.  It is a tad slower, but I think it looks better.  This is what is on GitHub right now.  

Please let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-09-20, 23:20)ontap Wrote: Hi Bart , am getting a dependency error whe trying to install the skin , both itself direct from github and from your repo (matrix) . Error is for "amber ui sounds " .
Got skin loaded now, but had to download the above dependency and also 'script.simpleeval" and install first.

@ontap , that is strange, since that addon is on the Kodi repository.  In fact, I have not touched that at all since I took over Amber's maintenance.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - ontap - 2021-09-20

Hi , thanks for replying , I deleted kodi and Amber installs fine from a fresh version. I dont want to bother you with addons and repos that aren't your own, but I saw the post about setting extended info as the default "info" screen  and as a big fan of the old EI, thought I would try it. The repo that you pointed to as source, "henryjfry/repository.thenewdiamond ", wont install, error on skin.helper service. I am using matrix version of Amber , should I be trying this on Leia ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-09-21

(2021-09-20, 23:40)bsoriano Wrote: @ontap , that is strange, since that addon is on the Kodi repository.  In fact, I have not touched that at all since I took over Amber's maintenance.
I got this as well when I 1st installed it on Matrix. You need Marcel's Repo. I just can't remember what addon was required. I think it was the SHS Widgets.

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/repository.marcelveldt/raw/master/repository/repository.marcelveldt/repository.marcelveldt-1.0.3.zip

Regards,

Shedrock

(2021-09-20, 23:10)bsoriano Wrote: First, make sure that you have Blur enabled, and to use poster for blur, since the poster usually has more colors than the fanart.  Like so:
Yes, it's set on poster, that's how I knew. It looks great from your pics. I thought it would use the color most prevalent color on the poster, but I guess Extendedinfo uses a different method when blurring I am going to test it now.

Thanks Bart,

Shedrock

(2021-09-20, 23:59)ontap Wrote: I saw the post about setting extended info as the default "info" screen  and as a big fan of the old EI, thought I would try it.
You need this one:

https://github.com/henryjfry/repository.thenewdiamond/