Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub1 - 2021-11-03

Do not hesitate to ask all of the questions you need to ask.  I will do my best to answer.

Regards,

Bart
[/quote]
First thanks for responding so promptly, and for your incredible help.
I had to change accounts to be able to post.
So I figured out how to get the update, I had to put back the original skin, then the version button showed up, and I could select the .31 version, and updated it np. Not sure why versions wasn't there before I switched to original. But now I put back the updated version. Now I still do see the versions button. So maybe the old version didn't have it? Idk...
Anyway. So now that is updated. I guess say so far I do not like this newer version AT ALL! I think the older one was better. But I wanna wait for the new one coming this weekend..
Ok first thing I noticed, the stunning channel logos on the OSD screen, are gone! I almost cried. But I've now noticed in the settings, OSD\full screen art, any option I select besides none puts back the show poster there. At least. So I guess that works. But would be nice if I could at least select to have the channel logo there like before..
But again, at least with the show poster there, it looks ok again. But this next issue really did make me cry. Cause this was actually THE biggest issue that made me change to this skin. The signal quality page, is gone??!!! Say it ain't so?? I think I saw you mention that you put it back in the new update coming? Gosh I hope so.
Now the 3rd issue I've noticed, is actually a issue I mentioned before, the 2 dots in the seek bar. Well..... Now there is 0 dots! Which is actually worse! Cause there no way to tell where the player is currently playing..... When I rewind or ffwd the dot shows up while I press, but then if I just bring up the OSD screen, there is no dot, no indicator of the current position. That's a lot worse than before...
I'll attach a photo of it

I finally got it updated. I had to detect the original skin. Then the versions button showed up.

So now that I updated....
First thing I noticed, the big beautiful channel logos were now gone from the OSD screen. But at least I found the setting that put back there the show poster image. That ok I guess. But would be nice to the have the option to show the channel logos there. Like it was before... No biggy
Biggest thing I almost cried over. Was the main thing I loved this skin for. The signal quality page. But I think I saw you write that you're putting that back in the new update coming? I hope so.
And the other thing I noticed, the dots issue I mentioned before. The was 2 dots instead of one. Now there isn't any dots. Only when rewinding or ffwd it shows up. When when I just bring up the OSD screen. There is no dot. No way to tell the player position.

I'll try to post a photo of it again

(2021-11-03, 23:32)Joeyrub1 Wrote: I finally got it updated. I had to detect the original skin. Then the versions button showed up.

So now that I updated....
First thing I noticed, the big beautiful channel logos were now gone from the OSD screen. But at least I found the setting that put back there the show poster image. That ok I guess. But would be nice to the have the option to show the channel logos there. Like it was before... No biggy
Biggest thing I almost cried over. Was the main thing I loved this skin for. The signal quality page. But I think I saw you write that you're putting that back in the new update coming? I hope so.
And the other thing I noticed, the dots issue I mentioned before. The was 2 dots instead of one. Now there isn't any dots. Only when rewinding or ffwd it shows up. When when I just bring up the OSD screen. There is no dot. No way to tell the player position.

I'll try to post a photo of it again

Sorry. I thought my previous post didn't post. So I wrote this 2nd same post. Please disregard

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - pintassilgo - 2021-11-04

(2021-11-03, 15:17)bsoriano Wrote: @pintassilgo , that is certainly one way to do it, but it runs the risk of you having to re-do that change whenever I update the skin.  In my opinion, the best method is the following:

Thank you for your detailed instructions! It works like a charm.

In my case, after dozens of tests, enabling and reverting one by one, I concluced that the two I need to change to BigList are Plugins None and Plugins Movies. The others it seems that I don't currently use.

---

Just one more thing. please...

It seems that Amber doesn't recognize some format tags used in addons title, like [/B].

Estuary:

Amber

Are you aware of this? Is there any way to fix it?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Toricred - 2021-11-04

Is there a way to get the guide to show what is going to be recorded? I've been using Aeon Nox Silvo and there's a little indicator in that guide. Is there any way to accomplish the same thing in Amber? This is using the HDHR Recording Engine.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-04

(2021-11-04, 16:58)Toricred Wrote: Is there a way to get the guide to show what is going to be recorded? I've been using Aeon Nox Silvo and there's a little indicator in that guide. Is there any way to accomplish the same thing in Amber? This is using the HDHR Recording Engine.
I answered your other post about this a few minutes ago, please take a look.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Filmbuff - 2021-11-04

I just discovered the show disc art option in view mode menu, liking it a lot! Still, a suggestion, if it's possible. I have the mentioned show disc art in the view mode enabled, and I also have show disc art as the chosen art to show in media views, select extra art.

This is what it looks like now, with disc art enabled in both menus:

And this is what it looks like when choosing clear logo as extra art in media menu and show disc art in view mode menu:

What I would like, is to have a blend of the two, clear logo and disc art only above the poster, like this:

And for the single movie view, the disc art would be positioned as in the movie sets, above the poster:

And lastly, this is one heck of a nice skin!

(2021-11-04, 01:50)pintassilgo Wrote: Are you aware of this? Is there any way to fix it?

@pintassilgo , thanks for reporting this.  I have already uploaded a fix to GitHub.  Please test and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-04, 18:11)Filmbuff Wrote: What I would like, is to have a blend of the two, clear logo and disc art only above the poster, like this:

@Filmbuff , thanks for your requests and your kind words.  I will be working on them soon.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - pintassilgo - 2021-11-04

(2021-11-04, 20:52)bsoriano Wrote: I have already uploaded a fix to GitHub.  Please test and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Thanks. Can I simply replace the 04 modified files? When replacing Includes.xml, I messed up the theme in Android TV, so I noticed the file doesn't have the same content in Windows and in Android TV. So I wonder if files in GitHub are ready to be replaced in Windows, where I can test more easily.

@Filmbuff , I have added some new settings to acomplish your requests.  

1. Setting to show the disc art above the poster in List and Low List views.  You will find the new setting (it is a per-view setting) here:

And the result is:

2. Setting to hide the collection disc art that showed over the poster.  You can find the new setting (again, it is a per view setting) here:

Which results in this:

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub - 2021-11-04

(2021-11-03, 23:23)Joeyrub1 Wrote: Do not hesitate to ask all of the questions you need to ask.  I will do my best to answer.

Regards,

Bart
First thanks for responding so promptly, and for your incredible help.
I had to change accounts to be able to post.
So I figured out how to get the update, I had to put back the original skin, then the version button showed up, and I could select the .31 version, and updated it np. Not sure why versions wasn't there before I switched to original. But now I put back the updated version. Now I still do see the versions button. So maybe the old version didn't have it? Idk...
Anyway. So now that is updated. I guess say so far I do not like this newer version AT ALL! I think the older one was better. But I wanna wait for the new one coming this weekend..
Ok first thing I noticed, the stunning channel logos on the OSD screen, are gone! I almost cried. But I've now noticed in the settings, OSD\full screen art, any option I select besides none puts back the show poster there. At least. So I guess that works. But would be nice if I could at least select to have the channel logo there like before..
But again, at least with the show poster there, it looks ok again. But this next issue really did make me cry. Cause this was actually THE biggest issue that made me change to this skin. The signal quality page, is gone??!!! Say it ain't so?? I think I saw you mention that you put it back in the new update coming? Gosh I hope so.
Now the 3rd issue I've noticed, is actually a issue I mentioned before, the 2 dots in the seek bar. Well..... Now there is 0 dots! Which is actually worse! Cause there no way to tell where the player is currently playing..... When I rewind or ffwd the dot shows up while I press, but then if I just bring up the OSD screen, there is no dot, no indicator of the current position. That's a lot worse than before...
I'll attach a photo of it

[/quote]

Nothing?? No response?

(2021-11-04, 23:15)Joeyrub Wrote: Nothing?? No response?

@Joeyrub , please be patient.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub - 2021-11-04

(2021-11-04, 23:19)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-04, 23:15)Joeyrub Wrote: Nothing?? No response?

@Joeyrub , please be patient.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Sure thing. Sorry. I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss it.
Thanks again

Btw after now using the newer version a while. I kinda like it. I like the show poster in place of the channel logo on the OSD screen. It looks nice.
I just really miss the signal quality page. (Which I believe you said you already put back in the new one coming)
And the no dot in the week bar, is a annoyance (but not big enough to change skins)

Anyway, thanks for listening...
Can't wait for the new update coming up (from the Amber repo)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Filmbuff - 2021-11-04

(2021-11-04, 22:45)bsoriano Wrote: The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
That was quick! Perfect, thank you so much!