Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-10

(2021-11-08, 07:29)Joeyrub Wrote: Ok I figured it out all by myself. I now have the newer version...

Bart I hope you reading this. Cause I noticed a little issue. First I saw the Signal quality page is back. Nice! But the info didn't show season n episodes numbers. Even in the now page. I remember you wrote that the now should have it, the next not. But neither had it. But when I turned in the setting for direct seeking, then the signal quality and next pages are gone, but now it does show the season n Episode numbers in the info.
So if I want the next and signal quality pages, then it still shows no season n Episode numbers. Even for now info
Hope you can fix this...
And also, the dot in the seek bar is still gone. Meaning no dot at all

Hope everything is well Bart
@Joeyrub , I am glad you figured out how to update from GitHub, as that will always have the latest.  Thank you for letting me know about the signal info and season and episode numbers, I will look into that.  As to the dot on the seek bar, I am not planning on bringing that back.  

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-05, 03:19)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart
Just wondering what needs to be enabled to get the Backup/Restore menu selections within Amber settings menu to work. I have installed script.xbmcbackup and if you click on that within manage dependencies the script runs ok but nothing happens from within the backup/restore menu itself. Is this a different thing altogether?

Cheers

John
@dawsonjw , my apologies for the delay in answering.  I reverted back to using script.skin.helper.skinbackup for the skin backup/restoee functions, since that addon is in the Kodi repo for Matrix again.  That addon provides for a more targeted skin settings backup/restore experience than script.xbmcbackup.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-05, 16:47)G0mez Wrote: Hi Bart

I've been having performance issues with amber for quite some time now. Browsing libraries with any of the panel views or icons view is laggish.
If I scroll between home menu items that have shelves enabled, there is 1-3 second lag and after I have focused all menu items lag stops. But if I open some other window and go back to home menu, same issue occurs.

I tried to replicate this performance issue with arctic zephyr reloaded skin, setting it up as close as possible to same settings as amber, without success. Yet zephyr works butter smooth.

While troubleshooting noticed that 'show disc art' option for movie collections ain't working.

I'm running out of ideas where to look for next so wonder if you would have any suggestions? Was also thinking about clean installing amber, if there is something messed up, but not sure which files should I backup, so wouldn't loose settings?

Using kodi 19.3 on shield tv
@G0mez , my apologies for the delay in answering.  I am not sure what could be the cause of the performance issues.  One thing that I did notice in the past that made a big difference when loading shelves was if I had enabled "Use Embuary Helper for backgrounds" in the Background section of Amber settings.  When I had that set to Yes, the shelves took a lot longer to load.  Do you have that option enabled?

On another note, even though arctic zephyr reloaded also uses skinshortcuts for menu/submenu/widget configuration, the code for that skin is quite different from the Amber code, and, as you have found out, it looks to be more efficient.

Finally, even though it is a pain to have to recreate your configuration, if you do go the route of a clean install, do just that, do not keep any skin settings.  Your Kodi settings should not be affected if you uninstall Amber and later re-install it.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-10, 21:20)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

I was just doing some testing with the YouTube trailers, and what I found is that they load almost instantly using the Rapier skin, but with Amber it takes forever, sometimes nothing even loads, and I have to reboot the system and keep trying. I have the same problem with Online TMDB Info, but I've learn to accept that. Anyway, maybe you can look into the Trailer issue, and let me know if there is anything you can do.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for the feedback.  Is this using the Trailer button in the Video Info dialog, or are you talking about automatic trailer playing in media views/widgets? Please let me know so that I can figure out where to look.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-11-10

(2021-11-10, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: Is this using the Trailer button in the Video Info dialog, or are you talking about automatic trailer playing in media views/widgets?
It's from the Dialog Video Info trailer button.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub - 2021-11-11

(2021-11-10, 23:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-08, 07:29)Joeyrub Wrote: Ok I figured it out all by myself. I now have the newer version...

Bart I hope you reading this. Cause I noticed a little issue. First I saw the Signal quality page is back. Nice! But the info didn't show season n episodes numbers. Even in the now page. I remember you wrote that the now should have it, the next not. But neither had it. But when I turned in the setting for direct seeking, then the signal quality and next pages are gone, but now it does show the season n Episode numbers in the info.
So if I want the next and signal quality pages, then it still shows no season n Episode numbers. Even for now info
Hope you can fix this...
And also, the dot in the seek bar is still gone. Meaning no dot at all

Hope everything is well Bart
@Joeyrub , I am glad you figured out how to update from GitHub, as that will always have the latest.  Thank you for letting me know about the signal info and season and episode numbers, I will look into that.  As to the dot on the seek bar, I am not planning on bringing that back.  

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart. Thanks for responding...
Ya I'm glad I figured it out too. I edited the files from within the Kodi file manager.
Just one question. I can't figure out. Where can I find your latest updates to GitHub? Is there a page I can follow to see when you upload a new version? Or do I just use the same link every time? I'm just new to the whole GitHub thing ..

But ya, I'm not crying over the missing dot. Totally not a big deal.

A different thing I wanted to mention is, it would be mine it on the seek bar it would show from what to what time the bar is, meaning the original air time of the show playing.
Cause if I'm on time shift hours back, this info seems useful. To show that the current show playing, was running from day 5:00 to 5:30. So the 5:00 would be at the beginning of the bar on the left end, and the 5:30 at the end of the bar on the right end.
Again this isn't a really big deal. If still use this skin without it. But I do think it would improve the experience for all us live TV users.
I see online a lot of people asking for a good skin that puts emphasis on live TV, cause none do. I now recommend Amber to anyone I can because of this.

I hope you understood my point?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-12

(2021-11-11, 05:40)Joeyrub Wrote: A different thing I wanted to mention is, it would be mine it on the seek bar it would show from what to what time the bar is, meaning the original air time of the show playing.
Cause if I'm on time shift hours back, this info seems useful. To show that the current show playing, was running from day 5:00 to 5:30. So the 5:00 would be at the beginning of the bar on the left end, and the 5:30 at the end of the bar on the right end.
Again this isn't a really big deal. If still use this skin without it. But I do think it would improve the experience for all us live TV users.
I see online a lot of people asking for a good skin that puts emphasis on live TV, cause none do. I now recommend Amber to anyone I can because of this.

@Joeyrub , thanks for the additional feedback.  I do understand your point.  I have changed the code so that it shows the original start and end times when you are in timeshift mode.  While not exactly as you requested, the info is there for you.  It looks like this:

As you can see from the above screenshot, the original start and end times are underneath the title.  Is this what you were looking for? Please let me know.  I also fixed the season and episode info not showing that you mentioned earlier.

Please update, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-10, 23:41)shedrock Wrote: It's from the Dialog Video Info trailer button.

@shedrock , thanks for the info.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? The trailer button should play trailers immediately now.  I am aware that this button is only there when there is a local trailer, that the trailers only play full screen, and that there is no way to search for a trailer (on YouTube) if the movie does not have one.  I will be looking at improving this in the future.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub - 2021-11-12

(2021-11-12, 00:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-11, 05:40)Joeyrub Wrote: A different thing I wanted to mention is, it would be mine it on the seek bar it would show from what to what time the bar is, meaning the original air time of the show playing.

@Joeyrub , thanks for the additional feedback.  I do understand your point.  I have changed the code so that it shows the original start and end times when you are in timeshift mode.  While not exactly as you requested, the info is there for you.  It looks like this:

As you can see from the above screenshot, the original start and end times are underneath the title.  Is this what you were looking for? Please let me know.  I also fixed the season and episode info not showing that you mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Bart

Ok great, ya that works nicely.
So how do I update it? The same link?

(2021-11-12, 01:24)Joeyrub Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Ok great, ya that works nicely.
So how do I update it? The same link?

Okie dokie! Ok I got it. So I guess that same link is used......
So ya I got it updated, looks beautiful! The season episode number, and episode title, is now in the now info banner. And on the OSD screen it shows original air time, where it used to show the next upcoming show.
Loving it

Regards,

Bart

Oh wow, something funny just happened. I was watching live TV, and I noticed in the OSD screen it's showing under the name of the show the next upcoming show. So like before, not the air time of the show. I thought maybe the Amber repo updated it back to the previous version? So I re deleted all files and copied in the downloaded files. But still, the OSD screen shows the next show instead of air time...
Then I realized why, and I think it's really cool this way I hope you keep it like this. When I'm live, it shows like before the next upcoming show. But if I Rewind or pause and I'm in timeshift, then it shows the Air time of the show.
I don't know if you did this on purpose, or if it's a bug\mistake. But I think it's perfect this way.

I'm loving this skin more n more. I think it's THE best skin for Live TV users. It feels more like a cable box\DVR than any other skin I've tried. So thanks again n again for this. And thanks for being so responsive and so quick with fixes n updates.

(2021-11-12, 14:24)Joeyrub Wrote: I don't know if you did this on purpose, or if it's a bug\mistake. But I think it's perfect this way.

I'm loving this skin more n more. I think it's THE best skin for Live TV users. It feels more like a cable box\DVR than any other skin I've tried. So thanks again n again for this. And thanks for being so responsive and so quick with fixes n updates.

@Joeyrub , thank you for your kind words.  And yes, it was on purpose that it shows the original start and end time only when you are in timeshift.  I am very glad that you are enjoying the use of the skin Smile

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-11-12

(2021-11-12, 00:39)bsoriano Wrote: The trailer button should play trailers immediately now. 
Thank you once again Bart. It works like a charm now.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-11-12

@bsoriano
Hi Bart,

That new feature you added to play trailer in a window works, but it does not pop up. You have to press the back button twice in order to take you to the main screen which then displays it. Maybe it's still a WIP?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - fsurfer - 2021-11-12

(2021-11-12, 00:39)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-10, 23:41)shedrock Wrote: It's from the Dialog Video Info trailer button.

@shedrock , thanks for the info.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? The trailer button should play trailers immediately now.  I am aware that this button is only there when there is a local trailer, that the trailers only play full screen, and that there is no way to search for a trailer (on YouTube) if the movie does not have one.  I will be looking at improving this in the future.

Regards,

Bart

Hi,

using Amber 3.4.31, Matrix 19.2 and I have autoplay of trailers switched off as Kodi freezes. . .sometimes crashes

Now I am confused or have I misunderstood your reply.

Example:-  YellowJackets is a TV-Series and TMM did not find a trailer, so there is nothing stored locally

Method one:- I click information >> the trailer tab does nothing
Method two:- I click information >> Online TMDB Info >> Trailer and I have a list of Youtube trailers

Method three: I can use search, which also searches Youtube