Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-12

(2021-11-12, 19:10)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano
Hi Bart,

That new feature you added to play trailer in a window works, but it does not pop up. You have to press the back button twice in order to take you to the main screen which then displays it. Maybe it's still a WIP?

@shedrock , yes, it's still WIP.  I will be working on the actual window next.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-12, 20:01)fsurfer Wrote: Now I am confused or have I misunderstood your reply.

@fsurfer , I changed the way the Trailer button in the video info dialog works.  With the latest from GitHub (even though the version is still 3.4.31), the Trailer button will show if you have a local trailer, or if you have TMDb Helper enabled and it finds a trailer for the movie/tv show.  If you have a local trailer, now the trailer will play immediately (before Amber was trying to use TMDb Helper to play the trailer). 

Also, if you do not have a local trailer and TMDb Helper does not find a trailer for the movie/episode/tv show/season, you will now see a "Search Trailer" button, which will search YouTube for the trailer.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.  Thanks.

Regards,

​​​​​​​Bart

@shedrock , I have made the improvements I set out to do for the trailer in the video info dialog:

1. New Setting "Play Trailer in a Window".  As the name states, this new setting will make the trailer play in a window instead of full screen when you hit the Trailer button in the video info dialog.  You can find the new setting here:

When you hit the Trailer button, and the new setting is enabled, the trailer will appear on the bottom left of the screen, like this:

Notes on the Trailer button:

a.  The button will only show up if there is a local trailer, or if you do not have one, but tmdb helper is enabled and it has found a trailer.
b.  If the trailer to be played is the one found by tmdb helper, there might be a delay in playing it.  There's nothing I can do about that from the skin side.

2.  New "Search Trailer" button.  This button will only show up if you have no local trailer and tmdb helper has not found a trailer.  It will initiate a YouTube search for the movie/tv show/season/episode trailer.

If you do not have the YouTube addon installed, Amber will prompt you to install it; if you do not have it enabled, Amber will enable it. 

It is important to note that the proper configuration of the YouTube addon (API keys, etc.) needs to be done by the user.  I cannot guarantee that the search will work if the addon is not configured properly.

The search is smart enough to look for "<moviename or tv show name> trailer"  for a movie or tv show, and look for "<tvshowname> <season label or episode label> trailer" for a season or an episode.

Please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-11-12

(2021-11-12, 21:18)bsoriano Wrote: Also, if you do not have a local trailer and TMDb Helper does not find a trailer for the movie/episode/tv show/season, you will now see a "Search Trailer" button, which will search YouTube for the trailer.
I was trying to find a movie that can give me an example of this. I tested this movie in my library "Tis.the.Season.for.Love.2015.1080p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264". When I click on trailer, it pops up the following message from YouTube.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-13

(2021-11-12, 23:09)shedrock Wrote: I was trying to find a movie that can give me an example of this. I tested this movie in my library "Tis.the.Season.for.Love.2015.1080p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264". When I click on trailer, it pops up the following message from YouTube.

@shedrock , thanks for testing.  There's nothing I can do about that, the video is most likely not available in YouTube.  I have also seen the message "This video is private".  If you are seeing a "Trailer" button then you either have a local trailer or tmdb helper found one.  I understand that in your case it is the latter, but I cannot control from the skin what is the video URL for the trailer that tmdb helper gets.

If you want to test the "Search trailer" button, try with tv shows.  There are a lot of tv show trailers that tmdb helper will not find.

I just added a setting to allow you to search for trailers with the IMDb Trailers addon.  In my testing, it works well.  If the movie/tv show/episode has an imdb id, it will try to play the trailer for that id.  If it does not, then it will do a search with the movie name or tvshow name, or, if it is an episode or season, it will search for the tv show title plus the episode or season name.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-11-13

(2021-11-12, 23:01)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , I have made the improvements I set out to do for the trailer in the video info dialog:
Thanks Bart. It seems like everything is working.

How I speed up Menu Refresh - timmins - 2021-11-15

After playing a TV ep. it takes upwards of a minute to complete it's refresh. Is there any way to speed the refresh up.

Thanks

How I speed up Menu Refresh - timmins - 2021-11-15

After playing a TV ep. it takes upwards of a minute to complete it's refresh. Is there any way to speed the refresh up. I am running a shield.

Thanks

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-15

(2021-11-15, 01:57)timmins Wrote: After playing a TV ep. it takes upwards of a minute to complete it's refresh. Is there any way to speed the refresh up. I am running a shield.

@timmins , could you please be more specific about what refresh you are referring to?  Does this issue happen with the default skin as well? In any case, please provide a debug log (https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy) of when the issue happens so that I can evaluate further.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-11-16

Bsoriano, Question, is there any way to dim, or make more transparent the text of unfocused main menu items to the left or right of the focused main menu item? I like my focused main menu item to be a shade of blue, but the unfocused main menu items are a bright white which seems distracting IMO. Thanks!

Bsoriano, another question, I just saw your addition to show information in the widget when two widgets are together. Very nice, however I also use the Bottom shortcuts option, so the information is all blocked when bottom shortcuts are enabled. So my thought was maybe it would be possible to lower the main menu bar and hide the bottom shortcuts ONLY when widgets are focused? This would solve this issue possibly and i would be able to use the bottom shortcuts and be able to use two shelves together with the info. Thoughts??

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-16

(2021-11-16, 03:46)jdig4240 Wrote: Bsoriano, Question, is there any way to dim, or make more transparent the text of unfocused main menu items to the left or right of the focused main menu item? I like my focused main menu item to be a shade of blue, but the unfocused main menu items are a bright white which seems distracting IMO. Thanks!

@jdig4240 , I think that is a good idea, thanks for the request.  I will add an option for that.  Expect it in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-16, 05:31)jdig4240 Wrote: So my thought was maybe it would be possible to lower the main menu bar and hide the bottom shortcuts ONLY when widgets are focused? This would solve this issue possibly and i would be able to use the bottom shortcuts and be able to use two shelves together with the info. Thoughts??

@jdig4240, that makes sense, thanks for the request.  I will look into adding this.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-16, 14:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-16, 03:46)jdig4240 Wrote: Bsoriano, Question, is there any way to dim, or make more transparent the text of unfocused main menu items to the left or right of the focused main menu item? I like my focused main menu item to be a shade of blue, but the unfocused main menu items are a bright white which seems distracting IMO. Thanks!

@jdig4240 , I think that is a good idea, thanks for the request.  I will add an option for that.  Expect it in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for both!! Appreciate it!

(2021-11-16, 15:20)jdig4240 Wrote: Thanks for both!! Appreciate it!

@jdig4240 , you are welcome.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I made the changes so that the menu is only lowered when the widgets are focused if both bottom shortcuts and shelves info are enabled.  This should let you use bottom shortcuts and have shelf info, as you requested.  Please let me know if this is working as you expected.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart