Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-17

(2021-11-17, 15:48)G0mez Wrote: Been having issues lately with github versions; when playing video, open subtitles, bookmarks, audio or video settings window and go back to player controls, have to press twice back button to close player osd, all other controller buttons doesn't work. Amber on kodi repo doesn't have these issues. I'm using android

@G0mez , thanks for reporting this.  I will look into it.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2021-11-17

(2021-11-10, 23:35)bsoriano Wrote: @G0mez , my apologies for the delay in answering.  I am not sure what could be the cause of the performance issues.  One thing that I did notice in the past that made a big difference when loading shelves was if I had enabled "Use Embuary Helper for backgrounds" in the Background section of Amber settings.  When I had that set to Yes, the shelves took a lot longer to load.  Do you have that option enabled?

Have that option disabled. Was curios and tested amber from kodi repo and that version was working butter smoothly. Understand that there's been lots of changes since then so could be very difficult to find out what's causing it Confused

Been having issues lately with github versions; when playing video, open subtitles, bookmarks, audio or video settings window and go back to player controls, have to press twice back button to close player osd, all other controller buttons doesn't work. Amber on kodi repo amber repo doesn't have these issues.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-17

(2021-11-17, 15:48)G0mez Wrote: Been having issues lately with github versions; when playing video, open subtitles, bookmarks, audio or video settings window and go back to player controls, have to press twice back button to close player osd, all other controller buttons doesn't work. Amber on kodi repo doesn't have these issues. I'm using android

@G0mez, could you please try the latest from GitHub, I think I have found the issue and fixed it.  Please be aware that, if you have Auto Close Video OSD enabled, when you open the subtitle settings or episode list or audio or video settings from the OSD, when you press Back or Esc it will close that dialog, and then, after the configured timeout, it will close the OSD.  If you do not have Auto Close enabled, then, once you close the settings or episode list dialog, the OSD will remain on screen, and a single Back or Esc will close it.

Please test and let me know if it is working well for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Yes now it's working, thanks for fixing it

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub - 2021-11-18

Hello again Bart. I've updating from GitHub, loving the new features....

I have one small recommendation, I'm not even sure if you have control over this, but it would be nice if you did.
On the seek bar, there is currently 3 color shades possible, the accent color, dark gray, and clear. Now the color is passed time, from before I tune to the channel, so that is territory I can't rewind to. Now the dark grey part, is the scrollable part, that's the part I can move around within. The clear part indicates future part, that hadn't played yet, so also not scrollable.
So if I'm watching TV on a long timeshift, then all I'll have showing is the dark grey part, cause the clear starts at live, I'm way back, the color is at the max rewind end, so all I have most of the time is the dark grey only ..
So I was thinking it would be really nice if this could be set to a lighter color of the accent color, instead of the dark grey. So if my accent color is blue, I'd make this light blue etc etc.
But it would be nice to have the control to change that parts color. Again if that is possibe at all.
Again no biggy, I just think it would improve the look for me and probably many other live TV users.

I'll attach photos of what I meant, I'll attach 2, one that shows all colors I mention, the other photo shows how I would actually have it show most times, just the dark grey part

ImageImage

Sorry. I realized the 2 photos in my last post can be confusing, cause it's from 2 different Kodi's I have setup. So one is green, the other is blue.
So as you can see the blue one shows all 3 shades I talked about. Where as the green one is how I have it most times, just all grey. So it would be nice if that could be colorize
Thanks Bart.
Btw, I'm amazed by how user oriented you are, amazing how much you care about every little issue anyone is having (geee, is there anyway to support you somehow? I'm wondering if this is making you anything at all?? If you have a PayPal I'd gladly send a few dollars for support. your awesome)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-11-18

(2021-11-18, 02:00)Joeyrub Wrote: I'm amazed by how user oriented you are, amazing how much you care about every little issue anyone is having (geee, is there anyway to support you somehow? I'm wondering is this making you anything at all?? If you have a PayPal is gladly send a few dollars for support. your awesome)

Agree 100%, I would also love to send you a thank-you....

Right? He totally deserves something for this

Hey, Bsoriano, quick question. Where in the xml might a find the setting that limits the length of the startup/Intro video. Im using an intro video thats longer than the skin seems to allow. It seems the skin is limited to 10 seconds, correct?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-18

(2021-11-18, 20:15)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey, Bsoriano, quick question. Where in the xml might a find the setting that limits the length of the startup/Intro video. Im using an intro video thats longer than the skin seems to allow. It seems the skin is limited to 10 seconds, correct?

@jdig4240 , it is actually 12 seconds, which is the length of the intro video supplied with the skin.  You can change that in Startup.xml, in line 31, which is now:

xml:

<onfocus condition="!String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(StartupPlaylist))">AlarmClock(GoHome,ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow]),00:12,silent,false)</onfocus>

Replace the 12 with the number appropriate for your video.  I was thinking about making this configurable, since I cannot change this on the fly depending on the video duration.  How long is the startup video that you have?

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-18, 21:36)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-18, 20:15)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey, Bsoriano, quick question. Where in the xml might a find the setting that limits the length of the startup/Intro video. Im using an intro video thats longer than the skin seems to allow. It seems the skin is limited to 10 seconds, correct?

@jdig4240 , it is actually 12 seconds, which is the length of the intro video supplied with the skin.  You can change that in Startup.xml, in line 31, which is now:

xml:

<onfocus condition="!String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(StartupPlaylist))">AlarmClock(GoHome,ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow]),00:12,silent,false)</onfocus>

Replace the 12 with the number appropriate for your video.  I was thinking about making this configurable, since I cannot change this on the fly depending on the video duration.  How long is the startup video that you have?

Regards,

Bart
Thank-You! Easy enough. Its 23 seconds, lol. Thanks again!

(2021-11-18, 02:00)Joeyrub Wrote: So as you can see the blue one shows all 3 shades I talked about. Where was the green one is how I have it most times, just all grey. So would be nice if that could be colorize

@Joeyrub , first of all, thank you for your kind words.  I do this because I really enjoy it, so, if you would like to donate, please donate to the Kodi foundation (https://kodi.tv/donate/).  It will be much appreciated.

As for your request, I think that makes a lot of sense.  I will add to my To-Do to be able to choose the color for the timeshift bar.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-17, 16:45)G0mez Wrote: Have that option disabled. Was curios and tested amber from kodi repo and that version was working butter smoothly. Understand that there's been lots of changes since then so could be very difficult to find out what's causing it Confused

@G0mez , thanks for that additional info.  I guess I have not noticed this degradation in performance in my Windows system.  What is the environment that you are using? I want to do some testing (I have every version of Amber, so I can test until I get to where the performance started to degrade), but I want to approximate the testing to what you are seeing, since, again, I do not have an issue in my Windows 11 HTPC.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-18, 02:55)jdig4240 Wrote: Agree 100%, I would also love to send you a thank-you....

@jdig4240 , thanks! Please donate to the Kodi foundation (https://kodi.tv/donate/), it will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Bart