Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub - 2021-11-18

[/quote]

@Joeyrub , first of all, thank you for your kind words.  I do this because I really enjoy it, so, if you would like to donate, please donate to the Kodi foundation (https://kodi.tv/donate/).  It will be much appreciated.

As for your request, I think that makes a lot of sense.  I will add to my To-Do to be able to choose the color for the timeshift bar.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart
[/quote]

Oh wow. Well your enjoyment is of great benefit to all of us here. You're too kind Bart. God bless you.

And yay, I'm excited that you will work on making the grey part, colored. I can't wait to see that. (That would be my most exciting upgrade so far).
If you need me to test it out. I gladly will.
Can't wait

Thanks again Bart. for everything!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-18

(2021-11-18, 21:40)jdig4240 Wrote: Thank-You! Easy enough. Its 23 seconds, lol. Thanks again!

@jdig4240 , I just made the duration configurable.  That way, you will not lose your change if I update Startup.xml.  I have added a new setting to allow you to choose the duration of your startup video.  It goes from 5 seconds to 30 seconds, which I think will cover most use cases.  You can find the new setting here:

When you select this, you get a dialog that allows you to choose the duration, like so:

It is important to note that if you choose a duration greater than the actual video duration, Amber will show a black screen after the video finishes playing and until the configured duration has elapsed.  On the other hand, if you select a duration shorter than the actual video duration, the video will be stopped after the configured duration has elapsed (as you have already found).

Please test and let me know if it is working well for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-11-18

Thank you!! I will test after work.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-11-18

Bsoriano, just a tiny quirk/Question. What is the 1,088P mean on the Now Playing screen? Is that supposed to be 1080P?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-19

(2021-11-18, 21:53)Joeyrub Wrote: And yay, I'm excited that you will work on making the grey part, colored. I can't wait to see that. (That would be my most exciting upgrade so far).

@Joeyrub , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I have added an option to change the color of the timeshift buffer.  You will find the new setting here:

So in that screenshot, I have changed to a light yellow color.  The result is the following:

Please test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-18, 23:37)jdig4240 Wrote: Bsoriano, just a tiny quirk/Question. What is the 1,088P mean on the Now Playing screen? Is that supposed to be 1080P?

@jdig4240, that is the video height of the internet stream, as it is being reported by the video player.  

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - SHartwig - 2021-11-19

I have noticed a minor error in the German translation. "Ends" is translated "endet", not "ended". I don't know where to change it myself.

(2021-11-19, 00:44)SHartwig Wrote: endet

@SHartwig , thanks for reporting this.  I changed the translation, but it will not be shown until I upload the next version to the Amber repos.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub - 2021-11-19

(2021-11-19, 00:34)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-18, 21:53)Joeyrub Wrote: And yay, I'm excited that you will work on making the grey part, colored. I can't wait to see that. (That would be my most exciting upgrade so far).

@Joeyrub , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I have added an option to change the color of the timeshift buffer.  You will find the new setting here:

So in that screenshot, I have changed to a light yellow color.  The result is the following:

Regards,

Bart

Oh yessssss! I'm about to try it out! Didn't expect this so fast. Wow you work fast Bart.
I'm so excited to try this. Let you know in a few minutes how it is.
Thanks!!!!!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-11-19

(2021-11-19, 00:37)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-18, 23:37)jdig4240 Wrote: Bsoriano, just a tiny quirk/Question. What is the 1,088P mean on the Now Playing screen? Is that supposed to be 1080P?

@jdig4240, that is the video height of the internet stream, as it is being reported by the video player.  

Regards,

Bart
Ahh, thanks!

(2021-11-19, 00:34)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Bart you are THE man!! Works beautifully! I love it!!

Gosh I love this new feature! This was actually on my mind from day 1. I just didn't think it could be fixed.
Bart you are the man! It looks so much better now.

(No one look at the dark part of the photo. Haha)

Btw Bart, I changed my Amazon smiles charity to the Kodi charity, and since I use Amazon a lot hopefully it will get some donations for Kodi.

(2021-11-19, 04:40)Joeyrub Wrote: Btw Bart, I changed my Amazon smiles charity to the Kodi charity, and since I use Amazon a lot hopefully it will get some donations for Kodi.

@Joeyrub , thank you so much! Smile

I looked further at the code, and I made some changes which bring the "dot" back that you were originally referring to.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub and let me know if the dot is indeed back, and if it reflects the correct position, whether it is within the timeshift buffer or not? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-11-19

(2021-11-18, 22:21)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-18, 21:40)jdig4240 Wrote: Thank-You! Easy enough. Its 23 seconds, lol. Thanks again!

@jdig4240 , I just made the duration configurable.  That way, you will not lose your change if I update Startup.xml.  I have added a new setting to allow you to choose the duration of your startup video.  It goes from 5 seconds to 30 seconds, which I think will cover most use cases.  You can find the new setting here:

When you select this, you get a dialog that allows you to choose the duration, like so:

It is important to note that if you choose a duration greater than the actual video duration, Amber will show a black screen after the video finishes playing and until the configured duration has elapsed.  On the other hand, if you select a duration shorter than the actual video duration, the video will be stopped after the configured duration has elapsed (as you have already found).

Please test and let me know if it is working well for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Intro video duration working great, Thanks! Keep me informed when I can test the show 2 widgets together mod your working on, thanks!!

(2021-11-19, 19:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-19, 04:40)Joeyrub Wrote: Btw Bart, I changed my Amazon smiles charity to the Kodi charity, and since I use Amazon a lot hopefully it will get some donations for Kodi.

@Joeyrub , thank you so much! Smile

I looked further at the code, and I made some changes which bring the "dot" back that you were originally referring to.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub and let me know if the dot is indeed back, and if it reflects the correct position, whether it is within the timeshift buffer or not? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Oh yay! Yes I'll install right now and let you know how it is, if the dot is back