Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-11-20

(2021-11-20, 20:21)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, you can get it from the Kodi mirror for Matrix: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/matrix/sc...shortcuts/
Thanks guys. All is well now.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-20

(2021-11-19, 19:29)jdig4240 Wrote: Intro video duration working great, Thanks! Keep me informed when I can test the show 2 widgets together mod your working on, thanks!!

@jdig4240 , thanks for confirming.  I just uploaded changes to GitHub that lower the menu bar and bottom shortcuts when the widgets are focused and you are showing 2 widgets together, whether show info is enabled or not.  Please test and let me know if it is working well for you.  Now I need to do the same for 3 widgets together.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2021-11-21

(2021-11-20, 23:17)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-19, 19:29)jdig4240 Wrote: Intro video duration working great, Thanks! Keep me informed when I can test the show 2 widgets together mod your working on, thanks!!

@jdig4240 , thanks for confirming.  I just uploaded changes to GitHub that lower the menu bar and bottom shortcuts when the widgets are focused and you are showing 2 widgets together, whether show info is enabled or not.  Please test and let me know if it is working well for you.  Now I need to do the same for 3 widgets together.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Dam, updated the skin and now get Skin Shortcuts error, unable to build menu... Im guessing its related to the other issues with the latest skin shortcuts update huh.  https://ibb.co/tmpNMxm

(2021-11-21, 00:05)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-11-20, 23:17)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Dam, updated the skin and now get Skin Shortcuts error, unable to build menu... Im guessing its related to the other issues with the latest skin shortcuts update huh.  https://ibb.co/tmpNMxm

Yep, downgraded to 1.15 and fixed the issue..

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-21

(2021-11-21, 00:07)jdig4240 Wrote: Yep, downgraded to 1.15 and fixed the issue..

@jdig4240 , yes, stay on 1.1.5 until an issue I reported for skinshortcuts 2.x has been fixed.  One small update, I will not be lowering the menu bar and bottom shortcuts when you have enabled 3 widgets together.  I would have to redo completely how 3 widgets together are coded in order to do this properly, and I do not think it is really worth it.  My apologies for not managing your complete request.  Please remember to let me know if it is working well for 2 widgets together.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-11-21, 00:25)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-21, 00:07)jdig4240 Wrote: Yep, downgraded to 1.15 and fixed the issue..

@jdig4240 , yes, stay on 1.1.5 until an issue I reported for skinshortcuts 2.x has been fixed.  One small update, I will not be lowering the menu bar and bottom shortcuts when you have enabled 3 widgets together.  I would have to redo completely how 3 widgets together are coded in order to do this properly, and I do not think it is really worth it.  My apologies for not managing your complete request.  Please remember to let me know if it is working well for 2 widgets together.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I understand, yes Two widgets together is working great and drops the main menu and bottom shortcuts correctly, THANK YOU!!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub - 2021-11-21

Hey Bart.
I have a small tiny request. But only for when you have nothing more important to do
I'd love to have the Interval for auto closing video osd. To have an option of something between the 5 and 10 seconds options. Like a 7 or 8 second is actually the default timeout on most cable\satellite boxes. And I get why now. The 10 is a little too long, 5 not quite long enough....
Again, just a tiny thing for when your maybe in that area anyway..
Thanks Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub - 2021-11-21

(2021-11-21, 05:25)Joeyrub Wrote: Hey Bart.
I have a small tiny request. But only for when you have nothing more important to do
I'd love to have the Interval for auto closing video osd. To have an option of something between the 5 and 10 seconds options. Like a 7 or 8 second is actually the default timeout on most cable\satellite boxes. And I get why now. The 10 is a little too long, 5 not quite long enough....
Again, just a tiny thing for when your maybe in that area anyway..
Thanks Bart

Actually..... While on this subject, I have something a little more important.
You recently made it so when opening the Subtitles screen from OSD screen, will reset the timeout timer to start when closing the screen.
I gotta say, I think it would make a lot more sense if any button press on the OSD screen should reset the timer. Cause for example when I was trying to jump back a good few shows back, so I'm pressing the - button repeatedly, but while I'm doing that, when the 5 seconds are up, the OSD screen would jump away in the middle of me pressing it. I think it
makes a lot sense that any action should restart the timer, any activity\action should restart the timeout timer. So it would basically be a inactivity timeout timer. That is of course only my opinion, cause I've ran into this issue a good few times now already. So I figured I'll mention it. Maybe you'll agree with me, or maybe you have other reasons not to wanna to this ...
But I figured I'll mention by personal experience with this.

Bart at this point, I'm just nitpicking, these issues are nothing major. But I figured it can't hurt mentioning it.

Hey Bsoriano, having an issue with Amber Skin and IAGL. It seems I cant get IAGL working on Amber skin for some reason. After I exit a game, the skin keeps trying to reload the game, and also doesnt let you out of the information screen. Even if i turn Information screen off in IAGL settings the skin just keep trying to open the last game again and again. This is only happening in Amber skin. I did a complete fresh install with the latest Amber Skin, and IAGL to rule out any other things like Amber settings/addons, etc that might be causing it and the issue is still there, so unfortunately I cant use IAGL with Amber because of this issue. I made a video for you to see what exactly I mean and the issue im having... In this video you will see I start from scratch with just Amber and IAGL, run the setup and run IAGL on Estuary skin first. Everything works properly using Estuary skin, then you will see I switch to Amber skin in the video and run the same game system/Game list in Amber to demonstrate the issues im having in Amber. Please take a look at my video I uploaded.. Thanks!!! https://vimeo.com/648270642

@jdig4240, I saw the video, and I don't know what might be happening here. Could you please post a debug log? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@Joeyrub,

I am not sure if I can implement the auto closing of the OSD in the manner that you suggest; I will evaluate further and let you know.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-11-22

(2021-11-21, 15:49)Joeyrub Wrote: Actually..... While on this subject, I have something a little more important.
You recently made it so when opening the Subtitles screen from OSD screen, will reset the timeout timer to start when closing the screen.
I gotta say, I think it would make a lot more sense if any button press on the OSD screen should reset the timer. Cause for example when I was trying to jump back a good few shows back, so I'm pressing the - button repeatedly, but while I'm doing that, when the 5 seconds are up, the OSD screen would jump away in the middle of me pressing it. I think it
makes a lot sense that any action should restart the timer, any activity\action should restart the timeout timer. So it would basically be a inactivity timeout timer. That is of course only my opinion, cause I've ran into this issue a good few times now already. So I figured I'll mention it. Maybe you'll agree with me, or maybe you have other reasons not to wanna to this ...

@Joeyrub , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I found a way to do what you asked.  The OSD should close after x seconds of inactivity.  I also added more options for the timeout: 4, 6,7, 8 and 9 seconds.  Please test this thoroughly and let me know how it goes.  It is possible that the first time the OSD will auto close after 5 seconds, but after that it should close after the interval you have set.  I am investigating the cause, but I wanted for you to test this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Joeyrub - 2021-11-22

(2021-11-22, 00:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-21, 15:49)Joeyrub Wrote: Actually..... While on this subject, I have something a little more important.

@Joeyrub , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I found a way to do what you asked.  The OSD should close after x seconds of inactivity.  I also added more options for the timeout: 4, 6,7, 8 and 9 seconds.  Please test this thoroughly and let me know how it goes.  It is possible that the first time the OSD will auto close after 5 seconds, but after that it should close after the interval you have set.  I am investigating the cause, but I wanted for you to test this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Sure thing Bart. I'll download and test right now. Will report back soon.
That was fast btw!

(2021-11-22, 00:41)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Bart it seems to be dead on! Exactly what I was saying. I tried pressing the + or - buttons for a like 10 or more seconds in a row, and it didn't close in the middle, and after I finished pressing the last button, it waited the 8 seconds and closed. Perfectly smooth!
I did notice that little bug you mentioned, that the first time it closed after 5 seconds. And then it worked perfectly. I couldn't really care less about this. But just mentioning it.

Bart you exceed expectations every freaking time! You are the man!

Oh it's perfect now Bart! Another place this issue came up a lot. When I have the OSD screen up, and I wanna bring up the top part of it, that shows the episode info, and read it quickly, and then press the info button again to close that part. The OSD screen would close in the middle every time. Cause the timer kept running. Now the timer starts again when bring up the info part, so I have 7 seconds to read it, press info again to close it, then calmly wait the 8 seconds for it to close. It makes doing things so much smoother now. It feels right