Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - shedrock - 2021-12-30

(2021-12-30, 22:40)bsoriano Wrote: in my tests, auto scrolling works when you have three shelves together.
Hmm..I cannot accomplish this in the following view:

ImageImage

If I tun on "Show information for shelves", it removes the 3 visible shelf view.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2021-12-30

@shedrock, that is precisely what I was saying in my previous post. If you turn on shelves info, Amber will stop displaying the three shelves together and will only display one at a time. It's just too much work for me to do something similar to what you asked for with 2 shelves together. I am not planning on changing this.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - shedrock - 2021-12-30

(2021-12-30, 23:36)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, that is precisely what I was saying in my previous post. If you turn on shelves info, Amber will stop displaying the three shelves together and will only display one at a time. It's just too much work for me to do something similar to what you asked for with 2 shelves together. I am not planning on changing this.
That's not an issue at all Bart. You've done way more than I can ever have imagined, and it is well appreciated. Amber does not require anything else in my opinion. I am 100% satisfied.

Besides, the info popup is enough for the 3 shelf option. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Joeyrub - 2021-12-31

I was wondering why my shelfs never scrolled! I guess now I know why, cause I had the show info on.
Gonna test the new one to see if it scrolls now.

Edit; Hahahaha! It's a scrolling!! Love it

2nd Edit; oh wow! I just realized that in this new version that I only downloaded to see if my shelfs will scroll (they do now..) also already has the Memory usage bar back on the recordings page! It looks FANTASTIC! I've only seen it so far on the view I'm using (low list) but I'm gonna check it out on the other views just to see where you placed it. But on my low lost view it looks amazing.
When I now realized the Memory bar is back, I went to check quickly if the timers, and timer rules pages have the new views already as well. But I figured that would be a little too quick..
But the bar looks amazing Bart.

Btw on the topic of the Shelfs. I realized that no matter which position I choose, standard, high, low. It doesn't really change the position at all. I figure it's probably cause of something I have on, like show info, or something?

3rd Edit;
Wow Bart. So I was checking out all the views to see how the memory bar looked. Looks great btw. But I see it's also back on the Icon view! You said you probably won't on this view, but I see you did. Looks great. I guess say. This icon view is making me rethink everything. It looks really good.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2021-12-31

(2021-12-30, 23:55)shedrock Wrote: That's not an issue at all Bart. You've done way more than I can ever have imagined, and it is well appreciated. Amber does not require anything else in my opinion. I am 100% satisfied.

Besides, the info popup is enough for the 3 shelf option. Big Grin

@shedrock , thank you! Big Grin  Your continued support is greatly appreciated.

I hope that you have a 2022 filled with health, peace and prosperity.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-12-31, 07:24)Joeyrub Wrote: I went to check quickly if the timers, and timer rules pages have the new views already as well. But I figured that would be a little too quick..

Btw on the topic of the Shelfs. I realized that no matter which position I choose, standard, high, low. It doesn't really change the position at all. I figure it's probably cause of something I have on, like show info, or something?

@Joeyrub, yes, I have not started working on the timers and timer rules.

As for the shelves, you are also correct.  If you have Show Shelves Info enabled, they will only show in one position, where the info can be shown correctly.

Regards and Happy New Year,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Joeyrub - 2021-12-31

(2021-12-31, 17:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-12-31, 07:24)Joeyrub Wrote: I went to check quickly if the timers, and timer rules pages have the new views already as well. But I figured that would be a little too quick..

@Joeyrub, yes, I have not started working on the timers and timer rules.

As for the shelves, you are also correct.  If you have Show Shelves Info enabled, they will only show in one position, where the info can be shown correctly.

Regards and Happy New Year,

Bart

Ah ok. Yes I figured it's something like the show info.. thanks for confirming it.

And a very happy n healthy New Years to you and yours Bart.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - shedrock - 2021-12-31

(2021-12-31, 17:26)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thank you! Big Grin  Your continued support is greatly appreciated.

I hope that you have a 2022 filled with health, peace and prosperity.
No problem Bart. Using Amber is my pleasure. Thank you for ALL of your continuous hard work since you took over the project. I wish you and your family a Happy New Year as well, and may 2022 bring you all of God's blessings.

Happy New Year,

Shedrock

(2021-12-31, 17:34)Joeyrub Wrote: Ah ok. Yes I figured it's something like the show info.. thanks for confirming it.

And a very happy n healthy New Years to you and yours Bart.

@Joeyrub , I have completed the changes for adding the different view types also to the Timer Rules and Timers windows.  The changes are already on GitHub.

Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Joeyrub - 2022-01-01

Haaaaaa no way!!! Already done?? Goshb you're good at this!
I'm gonna download it and test right now.

Btw I was wondering, do any of you guys get a notification on your phone when a new post is posted here? I can't seem to get that, so I keep missing posts that I'm waiting for, sometimes only seeing them days later.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Joeyrub - 2022-01-01

(2021-12-31, 23:26)bsoriano Wrote: @Joeyrub , I have completed the changes for adding the different view types also to the Timer Rules and Timers windows.  The changes are already on GitHub.

Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

It looks great Bart! I guess the view has to be the same for both pages, Timers and Timer rules. But that's totally fine, cause at least I can still sort each separately, so I have the rules page sorted by name ascending, and the timers page by Date descending. So it worked out perfectly. The new views look amazing! Well done Bart.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2022-01-01

@Joeyrub, I am glad you like them. And yes, it is the same xml file for both Timer Rules and Timers, and unfortunately, neither gets from the PVR backend the same artwork that Recordings do. Thus, there's no fanart background for each rule or timer.

I will work next on the PVR search window, to be consistent with the rest.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Joeyrub - 2022-01-02

(2022-01-01, 14:10)bsoriano Wrote: @Joeyrub, I am glad you like them. And yes, it is the same xml file for both Timer Rules and Timers, and unfortunately, neither gets from the PVR backend the same artwork that Recordings do. Thus, there's no fanart background for each rule or timer.

I will work next on the PVR search window, to be consistent with the rest.

Regards,

Bart

Oh wow, I never even went into the search window before, had no idea what it even looked like. But I just did now to check it out, and ya, I guess it would make sense for it to look like the others pages do. Would be a great
Thanks Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - robertlaing - 2022-01-03

Hi,

I am a new user here, and have recently installed the Amber skin.
Firstly, and most importantly, thank you very much for a wonderful skin, it has really enhanced my viewing and music experience.
It is obvious a lot of hard work has gone into creating and tweaking this skin, it is very much appreciated.

With respect, I have a number of observations which I have made since I have used the skin, and was wondering if you could have a look at these for me?

1. I have Embuary Info installed, and when I click the ONLINE TMDB INFO button on the movie information page (after initially clicking into my chosen movie), I find that it does not work when I have scraped with The Movie Database Python this button does not work. All that happens is there is a very brief loading flash at the bottom of the screen and then nothing happens. However if I scrape using The Movie Database scraper then the ONLINE TMDB INFO button does work. Is there any way that you could fix this please so that the ONLINE TMDB INFO button works with The Movie Database Python, as this is the scraper I would prefer to use?

2. Whilst on the same page as above (the one after clicking into my chosen movie), when I click on the actor it brings up other movies I have in my collection that they star in and direct. When I come out of this page I do not return to the page that I came from (ie: the movie information page after clicking into my chosen movie), but rather to the movie list. Then I have to click back into the movie to play the movie or continue clicking into the next actor for more info. Would it be possible please to be able to change this so that after looking at the list of other films I have that a certain actor is involved in, I can return to the movie information page (the one after clicking into my chosen movie)?

3. Leading from the above, whilst I am on the page that shows the other movies I have that a certain actor is involved in, I have noticed that If I click on one of these movies it automatically plays the movie, and if I want the information on this movie I need to hold down the button to get the choice of play or information. I have set my default action to information, so is there any way you could change this so that when I click into these movies on this list they go straight to my default action of information (just like they do from my general movie list)?

4. When I am on a music playlist, I have noticed that there is no information regarding the album. Would it be possible please to display information above and below the album image in a playlist? So, such as artist, album name, track name and number, and track duration time? Could this information also show when scrolling down a playlist whilst playing a song? At present when scrolling down the playlist the album image does change, so would it be possible to accompany this change with extra written details?

5. Would it be possible please to have an option of making the playlist box transparent so that the fanart could be seen?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. I look forward hearing from you. Thank you once again.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2022-01-03

(2022-01-03, 14:40)robertlaing Wrote: 1. I have Embuary Info installed, and when I click the ONLINE TMDB INFO button on the movie information page (after initially clicking into my chosen movie), I find that it does not work when I have scraped with The Movie Database Python this button does not work. All that happens is there is a very brief loading flash at the bottom of the screen and then nothing happens. However if I scrape using The Movie Database scraper then the ONLINE TMDB INFO button does work. Is there any way that you could fix this please so that the ONLINE TMDB INFO button works with The Movie Database Python, as this is the scraper I would prefer to use?

@robertlaing , thank you for your feedback and your kind words.  For the issue above, I changed the code so that, if available, a tmdb id is supplied to Embuary Info when called.  I think this should fix the issue you are having with The Movie Database Python scraper.

(2022-01-03, 14:40)robertlaing Wrote: 2. Whilst on the same page as above (the one after clicking into my chosen movie), when I click on the actor it brings up other movies I have in my collection that they star in and direct. When I come out of this page I do not return to the page that I came from (ie: the movie information page after clicking into my chosen movie), but rather to the movie list. Then I have to click back into the movie to play the movie or continue clicking into the next actor for more info. Would it be possible please to be able to change this so that after looking at the list of other films I have that a certain actor is involved in, I can return to the movie information page (the one after clicking into my chosen movie)?

I imagine you are talking about local searches.  If so, then I will not be changing this.  Alternatively, you can do online searches (enable the use of embuary helper and tmdb helper addon in the skin settings, and set Show Only Local Info and Search only Local Library to No in the skin settings).  Even though they are slower (have to go online to tmdb to get the info), they will provide you with an experience similar to what you are describing, in which you return to the info page.

(2022-01-03, 14:40)robertlaing Wrote: 3. Leading from the above, whilst I am on the page that shows the other movies I have that a certain actor is involved in, I have noticed that If I click on one of these movies it automatically plays the movie, and if I want the information on this movie I need to hold down the button to get the choice of play or information. I have set my default action to information, so is there any way you could change this so that when I click into these movies on this list they go straight to my default action of information (just like they do from my general movie list)?

Unfortunately, I cannot change this for local searches.  If you do online searches, then when you click on a related movie, it will bring up the info for the movie and not play it automatically. 

(2022-01-03, 14:40)robertlaing Wrote: 4. When I am on a music playlist, I have noticed that there is no information regarding the album. Would it be possible please to display information above and below the album image in a playlist? So, such as artist, album name, track name and number, and track duration time? Could this information also show when scrolling down a playlist whilst playing a song? At present when scrolling down the playlist the album image does change, so would it be possible to accompany this change with extra written details?

5. Would it be possible please to have an option of making the playlist box transparent so that the fanart could be seen?

I am not sure what view type you are using.  Using List view, I do get album information at the top, and artist information at the bottom when browsing a playlist, like you can see here:

As for your ask in terms of the playlist dialog when a song is playing, I made some improvements to the code so that it looks like this now:

The changes are already on GitHub, only for Matrix.  You can get the updated version here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

Once you download that compressed file, change the name of the folder inside the file to remove the "-master" from the end, and then extract the file to overwrite your current skin folder (<userdata>\addons).

Please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart